• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

ThermalStone #41 Posted 12 July 2019 - 06:38 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33000 battles
  • [80085]

View Postpingwrx, on 12 July 2019 - 07:10 AM, said:

Unicums are really no better shots imo than greenies and blueberrys because of rng but they do understand weakspots and positioning better to get better shots alot of times and not take return fire.

You've figured out the dirty little unicum secret.  We don't aim any better than average players.  I guarantee I have less knowledge of weakspots then most of the players in this thread.  Instead of shooting better, I shoot more.  

I'm not stealing kills, I'm handing out Confederate medals.

Koncorde #42 Posted 13 July 2019 - 10:16 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 24962 battles
Shooting more is also the trick. It's better to hit and hope than it is to never fire and never know what might have been.

I routinely fire when yellow or orange if there's no other option. Why not? There is no other option, and even if I bounce I might distract them, or even just track or damage a module like a viewport.

The only time I don't fire is if I think by waiting a second or two I might get an exposed flank.

Panzercat39 #43 Posted 14 July 2019 - 06:20 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4668 battles

View PostHighlordwurm, on 21 May 2019 - 04:34 PM, said:

I look at greenies as tools to be used. Don’t get me wrong, they are valuable tools, more valuable alive then dead, but ya, tools. I want to win, and if greenies are gonna be silly anyways, might as well let them take the hits!
That being said, I have changed my mindset to keeping my team alive, and if sometimes that means letting this greenie die to save the flank, so be it! I include myself in that, but I do give myself a bit more weight than an unproven random. This is all good advice, greens are going to die either way, no one is forcing them to behave how they do, just learning to take advantage of it!
When I first started I thought yoloing in and trading a red arty for an inexperienced scout was a good trade (probably was considering I had no idea what i was doing), but now I am much more value to my team by staying alive, but I still prioratize the team and the win over my own skin!

well said,I find myself on the sacrificial side of the coin all to often,but I just can't stand when everyone jumps on the lemming train and it's always nice to have a couple of meat shields with me while trying to hold a flank.

DAD Commander72 #44 Posted 15 July 2019 - 01:03 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22302 battles
Not being a better shot, does that apply to Tank Destroyers? I would think there being a good shot would make the difference.

FinlandRed #45 Posted 15 July 2019 - 01:17 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21738 battles

View PostThermalStone, on 12 July 2019 - 06:38 PM, said:

You've figured out the dirty little unicum secret.  We don't aim any better than average players.  I guarantee I have less knowledge of weakspots then most of the players in this thread.  Instead of shooting better, I shoot more.  

This. Just get to a position where you can keep the gun firing down range and bingo - instant purple stats. :izmena:

pingwrx #46 Posted 15 July 2019 - 03:13 PM

Major

• Players
  • 24356 battles
  • [REDIT]

View PostDAD Commander72, on 15 July 2019 - 05:03 AM, said:

Not being a better shot, does that apply to Tank Destroyers? I would think there being a good shot would make the difference.

Tank Destroyers are still subject to rng like every other class no more matter how well you can aim.  You can be dead on with your aim but if rng says not today you will still miss or bounce.

pingwrx #47 Posted 15 July 2019 - 03:16 PM

Major

• Players
  • 24356 battles
  • [REDIT]

View PostFinlandRed, on 15 July 2019 - 05:17 AM, said:

This. Just get to a position where you can keep the gun firing down range and bingo - instant purple stats. :izmena:

The key word is position the majority of the playerbase is oblivious to what positions on the map to play or are suited for there tank.

DAD Commander72 #48 Posted 16 July 2019 - 03:24 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22302 battles

View Postpingwrx, on 15 July 2019 - 03:13 PM, said:

Tank Destroyers are still subject to rng like every other class no more matter how well you can aim.  You can be dead on with your aim but if rng says not today you will still miss or bounce.

Good point, did not think of this. Still I do miss shots I think maybe I could hit if I was better.

Sniper_Panzer_56 #49 Posted 10 December 2019 - 03:36 AM

Private

• Players
  • 17636 battles
  • [-LPS-]

Jajaja

Greenies. Que actitud discriminatoria e intolerante. Se olvidan de lo principal en todo esto....esto es un juego muchachos. Que ganas siendo unicum? Nunca fuiste un "greenie"? Por gente que se queda esperando y sacrificando a sus compañeros es el motivo de las partidas tediosas. Quedarte a campear con un pesado en la base? Es eso divertido?

Estas son las cosas q confirman lo toxico de la comunidad y la gente q juega wot. Nadie juega en equipo....todos se creen rambo. De que te sirve campear y sacrificar compañeros su despues te quedas solo contra 6 enemigos? Vamos muchachos un poquito menos de soberbia y egoísmo para jugar. 

Sniper_Panzer_56 #50 Posted 10 December 2019 - 03:41 AM

Private

• Players
  • 17636 battles
  • [-LPS-]

Jajaja

Greenies. Que actitud discriminatoria e intolerante. Se olvidan de lo principal en todo esto....esto es un juego muchachos. Que ganas siendo unicum? Nunca fuiste un "greenie"? Por gente que se queda esperando y sacrificando a sus compañeros es el motivo de las partidas tediosas. Quedarte a campear con un pesado en la base? Es eso divertido?

Estas son las cosas q confirman lo toxico de la comunidad y la gente q juega wot. Nadie juega en equipo....todos se creen rambo. De que te sirve campear y sacrificar compañeros su despues te quedas solo contra 6 enemigos? Vamos muchachos un poquito menos de soberbia y egoísmo para jugar. 

SightlessRogue0 #51 Posted 10 December 2019 - 10:30 AM

Major

• Players
  • 19926 battles

I believe that many Unicum artificially boost their stats by playing in low level platoons, a lonely player can hardly climb to the same statistical levels .... but basically these are players who desperately want to improve their stats, play well and find good tip to do it. That one of them wants to share his knowledge is much appreciated and it is certain that I will try to put into practice the advice of the OP.

LOl ... I'm going to check my stats, I do not even know what color I am ... too yolo!

I use Google translator for english language

Lots of juggling in french text, sometimes translator in trouble with that. If you do not understand what I write, tell me.

nick_nolastname #52 Posted 10 December 2019 - 05:07 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15451 battles
  • [GUARD]

View PostSightlessRogue0, on 10 December 2019 - 10:30 AM, said:

I believe that many Unicum artificially boost their stats by playing in low level platoons, a lonely player can hardly climb to the same statistical levels .... but basically these are players who desperately want to improve their stats, play well and find good tip to do it. That one of them wants to share his knowledge is much appreciated and it is certain that I will try to put into practice the advice of the OP.

LOl ... I'm going to check my stats, I do not even know what color I am ... too yolo!

Disclaimer:  I am not a uni

Could not be farther from the truth.  Stat padding is absolutely a thing but playing in low level platoons is not the way.  Maybe a 2 man platoon.  Otherwise there isnt enough damage to really do it properly.  

http://www.wotinfo.net/en/efficiency?server=XBOX&playername=SightlessRogue0

Here are your stats, not even close to purple and your most played tank is one of the best stat padders there is.  (E25)

SightlessRogue0 #53 Posted 10 December 2019 - 06:46 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19926 battles

View Postnick_nolastname, on 10 December 2019 - 05:07 PM, said:

Disclaimer:  I am not a uni

Could not be farther from the truth.  Stat padding is absolutely a thing but playing in low level platoons is not the way.  Maybe a 2 man platoon.  Otherwise there isnt enough damage to really do it properly.  

http://www.wotinfo.net/en/efficiency?server=XBOX&playername=SightlessRogue0

Here are your stats, not even close to purple and your most played tank is one of the best stat padders there is.  (E25)

Actually I looked and you are right LOL.

For the E25 .... if you want to use it as stat padders you will not have any fun playing with it. E25 It's exciting to play when you jump over the mounds, we fiercely pursue the lights and kiss the back of the red unable to touch our roof while donning a suppository every 2 seconds. It's super-funny ..... but really bad for statistics!

That's how I played with him.

Edited by SightlessRogue0, 10 December 2019 - 06:49 PM.

I use Google translator for english language

Lots of juggling in french text, sometimes translator in trouble with that. If you do not understand what I write, tell me.

ListigerWulf #54 Posted Yesterday, 04:45 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 7024 battles
YAWN

PATRIOTICxTBro #55 Posted Yesterday, 07:49 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 15255 battles

View PostSightlessRogue0, on 10 December 2019 - 02:30 AM, said:

Average tier I play is 8 try again

Strangely your average tier is 6.5 I wonder why you aren’t a uni?

Edited by PATRIOTICxTBro, Yesterday, 07:52 AM.

nick_nolastname #56 Posted Yesterday, 03:11 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15451 battles
  • [GUARD]

View PostSightlessRogue0, on 10 December 2019 - 06:46 PM, said:

Actually I looked and you are right LOL.

For the E25 .... if you want to use it as stat padders you will not have any fun playing with it. E25 It's exciting to play when you jump over the mounds, we fiercely pursue the lights and kiss the back of the red unable to touch our roof while donning a suppository every 2 seconds. It's super-funny ..... but really bad for statistics!

That's how I played with him.

You are definitely playing it wrong then.  I have plenty of games in E25,  believed to be OP by most.  With a decent crew/equipment setup and a bush you are literally invisible. I personally stayed away from binos/camo net just because the gun arc is so small and it was constantly resetting.  I preferred the optics/rammer/vents setup.   If you get spotted you are plenty fast to relocate.  Couple that with PMM, it is ridiculous.  Now the biggest downside is the low pen of the AP rounds but that is easily fixed by shooting Prammo.  I personally run about 50/50 ap to apcr.

I will admit, late game it can be a ball of fun running around like an idiot getting behind heavies and farming them but that should be saved for late game only. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users