Jump to content


Maps: The Beloved and The HATED


  • Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

XGNgiveitT0ya #1 Posted 21 May 2019 - 01:39 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 10577 battles
  • 1,346
  • [-8TH-]
  • Member since:
    04-26-2017

Maybe this could help WG but i doubt it. 

 

Everyone post your 3 favorite maps, and 3 least favorite maps. Excluding map varient and game type*

 

My 3 favorite are; Prokhorovka, Westfield, Steppes.

 

My 3 least favorite are; Ardennes, Abbey, Pearl River.

 

Long story short,  players like me will be very happy to see less corridor maps and much much MUCH more open maps.

 

Obviously your map rotation is built around the playerbase, but those ppl who can't even understand  corridor maps will never understand open maps..pls WG it's time you just let the players who understand the game actually have fun. I WANT PROK AND WESTFIELD 10 TIMES A DAY FOR A CHANGE!! 



HeckuvaMonkey47 #2 Posted 21 May 2019 - 01:48 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 31434 battles
  • 1,368
  • [GUYS]
  • Member since:
    07-27-2016
With the new mini Maus :trollface:, I doubt they will have more open maps!

ThermalStone #3 Posted 21 May 2019 - 01:57 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 30076 battles
  • 4,360
  • [80085]
  • Member since:
    02-18-2014

I agree with you in general but I don't understand the Ardennes hate.  It's easy for the different corridors to interact, unlike Great Wall or Abbey, and it's not hard for any type of tank to have a good game.

 

Love: Westfield/Panama, Redshire, Malinovka/Scrapyard

 

Hate: Great Wall (worst map in the game, ends by capture more often than not), Hidden Village, Pilsen


I'm not stealing kills, I'm handing out Confederate medals.


XGNgiveitT0ya #4 Posted 21 May 2019 - 01:57 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 10577 battles
  • 1,346
  • [-8TH-]
  • Member since:
    04-26-2017

View PostHeckuvaMonkey47, on 21 May 2019 - 01:48 PM, said:

With the new mini Maus :trollface:, I doubt they will have more open maps!

What are your 3 favorite/least favorite maps?



XGNgiveitT0ya #5 Posted 21 May 2019 - 02:02 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 10577 battles
  • 1,346
  • [-8TH-]
  • Member since:
    04-26-2017

View PostThermalStone, on 21 May 2019 - 01:57 PM, said:

I agree with you in general but I don't understand the Ardennes hate.  It's easy for the different corridors to interact, unlike Great Wall or Abbey, and it's not hard for any type of tank to have a good game.

 

Love: Westfield/Panama, Redshire, Malinovka/Scrapyard

 

Hate: Great Wall (worst map in the game, ends by capture more often than not), Hidden Village, Pilsen

My ardennes hate comes from the all the times it pops up when im at 92%+. I agree to an extent, ive had plenty of great games on ardennes. Too often tho the team doesn't know what to do and its easy to end with a bad game specifically because of the map.



Jodmeister #6 Posted 21 May 2019 - 02:08 PM

    Captain

  • Supertest - Xbox One
  • 17757 battles
  • 1,216
  • [BDGR]
  • Member since:
    08-20-2013

Liked: Prokhorovka, Redshire, Thiepval Ridge

Disliked: Hidden Village, Abbey, Ensk


3 MOEs - Nashorn, M36 Jackson, SU-100, S35CA, Matilda IV, Jagdpanzer IV, Archer, Wolverine

2 MOEs - Type 58, Pzkpfw T25, WT Pz IV, JagdPanther, SU-100Y, Boilermaker, T20, IS-2, T-34-88, T25/2, Borsig, Achilles, AMX AC 48, Charioteer, Plaguebringer


Haukkis #7 Posted 21 May 2019 - 02:30 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 32607 battles
  • 2,477
  • Member since:
    08-05-2015
Love: Berlin, El Halluf, Thiepval Ridge.  Hate: Scorpion Pass, Ardennes, Prokhorovka.

HeckuvaMonkey47 #8 Posted 21 May 2019 - 02:30 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 31434 battles
  • 1,368
  • [GUYS]
  • Member since:
    07-27-2016

View PostXGNgiveitT0ya, on 21 May 2019 - 01:57 PM, said:

What are your 3 favorite/least favorite maps?

 

Yup: Redshire, Mali, El Hallouf 

Nope: Ensk, Ruinberg, Himmelsdorf



Teffisk #9 Posted 21 May 2019 - 02:33 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 21302 battles
  • 1,060
  • [-L7-]
  • Member since:
    10-14-2015
Love: Resainiai, Redshire, and Prokorovka
Hate: Ardennes Summer, Ardennes Winter, Icebound

El Materdor43 #10 Posted 21 May 2019 - 04:03 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 31205 battles
  • 8,355
  • [HACKS]
  • Member since:
    03-02-2014

Favorites: Prokh, Murovanka, Steppes

Despised: Berlin, Windstorm, Pilsen, Icebound, Abbey, Amazon, Kitimat, Baja, Panama, Ardennes, NomNom, Dragon Ridge 


   

 

                                                                                                                                               

                                                                                                                

 


CheweyBadge #11 Posted 21 May 2019 - 04:10 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 36667 battles
  • 1,280
  • [F_X_A]
  • Member since:
    01-08-2016

Love: Prokorovka, Erlenberg, Mines (haven't played it in months wish it was still up to tier 10)

 

Hate: Icebound, Icebound, Icebound 



El Materdor43 #12 Posted 21 May 2019 - 04:54 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 31205 battles
  • 8,355
  • [HACKS]
  • Member since:
    03-02-2014

Look at this list from the 4.10 update notes. Notice that there is only 1 variant listed in the increased rotation and no Merc/reskin maps in it. They are listed in the decreased rotation list 

 

http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/233267-world-of-tanks-mercenaries-update-410-improvements-feedback/page__pid__4783401#entry4783401


   

 

                                                                                                                                               

                                                                                                                

 


TheOnlyTrueNoob #13 Posted 21 May 2019 - 05:02 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 17144 battles
  • 1,565
  • [KAPPA]
  • Member since:
    12-04-2015

Love: Prok, Malinovka, Redshire

Dislike: Icebound, Berlin

Can die in a fire: Ghost town, Ardennes


2/3 Marked Tanks

 


General Parrish #14 Posted 21 May 2019 - 05:15 PM

    Captain

  • Beta Tester
  • 64566 battles
  • 1,042
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    07-12-2013

Best

1. Steppes

2.Prohoravka

3.Murovonka

 

Worst:

1.Nominhamin (yeah idk what its called, but its terrible)

2.Caen

3.NorthWest

 



MaxChaos24 #15 Posted 21 May 2019 - 06:48 PM

    Gameplay Expert

  • Administrator
  • 12640 battles
  • 19,928
  • Member since:
    09-15-2013

View PostXGNgiveitT0ya, on 21 May 2019 - 09:39 AM, said:

Maybe this could help WG but i doubt it. 

 

Everyone post your 3 favorite maps, and 3 least favorite maps. Excluding map varient and game type*

 

My 3 favorite are; Prokhorovka, Westfield, Steppes.

 

My 3 least favorite are; Ardennes, Abbey, Pearl River.

 

Long story short,  players like me will be very happy to see less corridor maps and much much MUCH more open maps.

 

Obviously your map rotation is built around the playerbase, but those ppl who can't even understand  corridor maps will never understand open maps..pls WG it's time you just let the players who understand the game actually have fun. I WANT PROK AND WESTFIELD 10 TIMES A DAY FOR A CHANGE!! 

 

Hello, in todays update, the map rotation was changed based on players voting for their favorites maps. :great:

ralfybaby62 #16 Posted 21 May 2019 - 07:09 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 22940 battles
  • 2,964
  • [10SR]
  • Member since:
    06-06-2015

I hate all maps where a third to half are not usable due to mountain and/ or water. Looking at you Hidden Village, Fjords, etc. I think that many maps would improve from draining the water and flattening a mountian or two. 

I hate Scheissbound, am sick of Ensk, Himmelsdorf in anything over tier 4, and can't stand Sacred Valley either

I like the o es that everybodylikes, big maps where you can actually maneuver and engage in "tank warfare." Even better if there is no artillery stinking up the place. 



Shadow Akula 96 #17 Posted 21 May 2019 - 08:03 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 12524 battles
  • 1,066
  • Member since:
    01-07-2017

Like: Murovanka, Mines, Thiepval ridge
Hate: Redshite, Redshite 1944, mountain climbing simulator (dragon ridge)

 

p.s. probably an unpopular opinion on here but I think river side of Malinovka/salvage yard (south?) needs complete rebalance, one side gets huge buildings/scrap piles that even a Type 5 can hide behind, other side gets two tiny boulders and shallow trench that an IS series can still be shot behind.


Pssst. I know who you are. Hail Sithis

YouTube channel: Shadow Akula 96

2nd YouTube channel coming soon: Shadow Drifters

My solo YT will cover various games maybe even some WoT

My other YT, a joint channel with a friend will mostly cover GTA stuff with a few other games here and there.


El Materdor43 #18 Posted 21 May 2019 - 08:14 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 31205 battles
  • 8,355
  • [HACKS]
  • Member since:
    03-02-2014

View Postralfybaby62, on 21 May 2019 - 02:09 PM, said:

I hate all maps where a third to half are not usable due to mountain and/ or water. Looking at you Hidden Village, Fjords, etc. I think that many maps would improve from draining the water and flattening a mountian or two. 

I hate Scheissbound, am sick of Ensk, Himmelsdorf in anything over tier 4, and can't stand Sacred Valley either

I like the o es that everybodylikes, big maps where you can actually maneuver and engage in "tank warfare." Even better if there is no artillery stinking up the place. 

Last sentence, agreed. Although it is tons of fun to constantly move side to side, back and forth erratically, all while trying to aim in and shoot red tanks 


   

 

                                                                                                                                               

                                                                                                                

 


westmech #19 Posted 21 May 2019 - 08:17 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 11823 battles
  • 398
  • [LEONI]
  • Member since:
    12-04-2015

Love: Thiepval, Steppes, Panama

 

Hate: Hidden Village, Kitimat, Amazon



John-berg1995 #20 Posted 21 May 2019 - 08:24 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 11971 battles
  • 2,188
  • [CIA]
  • Member since:
    12-05-2015
Love: west field , elhaluf, himelsdorf, ( 4th one because I cant leave it out, mountain pass winter absolutely love it)

hate: Amazon, nomorin (however you spell it) dulka pass (please remove this map it's so bad it's not even funny)




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users