4.10 Is A Terrible Update for Console players.

Suggestions Important ASAP PleaseFix 4.10

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Chicken Man 177 #1 Posted 22 May 2019 - 12:03 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 16774 battles

1) The armor veiwer is a great eddition i have no issues with that. 

2) The new aiming,

It's absolutely god awful, yes keyboard and mouse was practically impossible but now it feels like aiming with controller is way harder. i liked being able to see my gun when im looking through the view finder, one of the reasons i enjoyed console more than pc, i loved seeing my tank and not being able to aim past the gun just felt right. Yeah it's supposed to be easier to aim with what the newly impleted system. But it's like this version is trying to be more of the pc version rather than the console. Please revert this change ASAP it's terrible absolutely terrible. 

3) Commander mode.

It's not world of tanks if you want a game mode like this make a new game this is not world of tanks and never will be. On top of that why in the world would you waste development time impleting something no one wanted, no one likes, and everyone wanted better tanks, better balancing, more maps, better maps.. revamped maps?? i mean I've been wanting resupplying consumables for years and ever since pc got them it feels incredibly unatural.. And what's with the terrible lack of clan activity theres literally no reason to join a clan and you are worried about having fun in commander mode???? It's like you do not care about your playerbase whatsoever and you literally said in your latest video that you were adding what you wanted not at all what players want!!! you listen to feed back? Do you, do you really?? Everyone commenting on that video said that didn't like the mode!! If The developers really cared about this game would they actively seek tp destroy all credibility they have by making terrible updates!!! God!! What's wrong with your company to where you think a MMO game would want to be a virtual table top game?????  WARGAMING LISTEN FOR ONCE!!!! It's complety garbage that y'all never listen to critism or complaints by your players!! 

2a) PLEASE PLEASE IM BEGGING YOU FIX THE AIMING RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!! 

4) Keyboard mouse support

okay if you won't change aiming at least allow and option to toggle it it's aggravating that i played with an aiming system for 4 years and y'all change is for no reason and make key board and mouse a genuinely better option from controllers... and add a mouse to the stupid garage.. please just fix the aiming...

Chicken Man 177 #2 Posted 22 May 2019 - 12:04 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 16774 battles
Sorry for any spelling errors. I really enjoyed this game before this update. 

Chicken Man 177 #3 Posted 22 May 2019 - 12:08 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 16774 battles
Was planning on buying the New prem heavy Mauchbreaker? but now that this game is ruined probably not now.. 

Gsmittyunit44 #4 Posted 22 May 2019 - 12:27 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 30827 battles
  • [-THT-]

Chicken Man, thank you so much for starting this topic. I was about to start my own. I agree 100% with everything you've said. Let me enunciate what you just said and add to it.

THE AIMING IS BROKEN. This update is the worst by far to hit consoles. The new aiming mechanic is designed to make you feel more like a PC gamer, but it does not work. On console, seriously? What were they thinking? The old aiming mechanic (not even 24 hours ago) was perfect, absolutely no complaints. Who wanted this garbage aiming mechanic? Certainly not me.

THE AIMING MECHANIC IS BROKEN. It is really difficult to learn this new aiming system. It is trash. My hit ratio has taken a dramatic loss I can feel. Now I am constantly spamming the RB button to get a lock on and pray that I hit the target. THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE OLD AIMING SYSTEM. I really feel like this game has become unplayable.

THE AIMING IS BROKEN, YES I SAID BROKEN. When you zoom in, you can no longer see any part of your tank. Gun barrel, tracks, engine bay, it's all gone. I was perfect at pointing my barrel exactly where I wanted it and had excellent accuracy. So long to that. The aiming recticule is way too sensitive to aim correctly. The aiming mechanic they implemented makes more sense for a mouse and keyboard, but hey, oh yeah, we play with gaming console controllers.

WG if you are reading this, PLEASE change it back.

I know that Chicken Man and myself are not the only two people upset by this update. Right now we are two of the only ones angry enough to write on the forums about it. Keep spreading the word. We have to get them to change it back to how it was before.

MaxChaos24 #5 Posted 22 May 2019 - 12:33 AM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 13064 battles
  • [WGW]
Hello, what new aiming mechanic? We didnt change the aiming system.

Pontiac Pat #6 Posted 22 May 2019 - 12:43 AM

Major

• WoTC Tournaments Contributor
  • 25201 battles
  • [47R]
The aiming hasn't changed at all for me.  I've seen it referenced by others and am wondering if it only happens for those who plug a keyboard into their console?  Just a thought.

If you want to be one of the 47 Ronin check out our recruitment post and then send a message to Prof935 (xbox) or dimka935 (ps4).

Estimated Marks of Excellence thresholds - https://wotclans.com.br/tanks/moe

Silent Guns18 #7 Posted 22 May 2019 - 12:47 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10401 battles
  • [LST]
Aiming has not changed at with the game

JaggedSine6 #8 Posted 22 May 2019 - 12:49 AM

Major

• Players
  • 15540 battles
Happens with me until I turned off the free sniper camera option. I did notice my bluetooth keyboard was left on so Pontiac Pat is probably right. I'll have to give it a try later with the keyboard turned off. Turning off the free sniper camera is a fix though.,
Stats? We don't need no stinking stats.

Sadriel Fett #9 Posted 22 May 2019 - 12:49 AM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 27668 battles
  • [A4C]
Not seeing aiming mechanic changes on my end, either.  Are they talking about aiming mechanics for the Commander Mode or for regular Matchmaking Mode?

~ "This game would be great, if it wasn't for our teammates." ~

JaggedSine6 #10 Posted 22 May 2019 - 12:53 AM

Major

• Players
  • 15540 battles

View PostSadriel Fett, on 21 May 2019 - 06:49 PM, said:

Not seeing aiming mechanic changes on my end, either.  Are they talking about aiming mechanics for the Commander Mode or for regular Matchmaking Mode?

Seeing it regular mode here in the proving grounds. Hit the zoom button and instead of normally looking where the gun is pointed, you get sent to where the camera was pointed and the gun control is horribly over sensitive. I'm bet it is only a problem with a keyboard/mouse plugged in.

MaxChaos24 #11 Posted 22 May 2019 - 12:54 AM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 13064 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostJaggedSine6, on 21 May 2019 - 08:49 PM, said:

Happens with me until I turned off the free sniper camera option. I did notice my bluetooth keyboard was left on so Pontiac Pat is probably right. I'll have to give it a try later with the keyboard turned off. Turning off the free sniper camera is a fix though.,

If your seeing that option than its definitely related to having a KB/Mouse hooked up as it's not an option when using a Controller.

Gsmittyunit44 #12 Posted 22 May 2019 - 12:54 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 30827 battles
  • [-THT-]

View PostMaxChaos24, on 22 May 2019 - 12:33 AM, said:

Hello, what new aiming mechanic? We didnt change the aiming system.

My apologies, I searched deeper into the forums and found the update 4.10 thread. People have discovered that you can turn off the keyboard/mouse settings and it will go back to normal. For whatever reason, it defaulted into those keyboard/mouse settings when I logged in today, making it very very frustrating. Please understand that I played well over an hour like this before coming onto the forums to look for a solution and also rant about the problem. The forum link below will describe the fix in better detail.

http://forum-console...edback/#topmost

JaggedSine6 #13 Posted 22 May 2019 - 12:55 AM

Major

• Players
  • 15540 battles

View PostMaxChaos24, on 21 May 2019 - 06:54 PM, said:

If your seeing that option than its definitely related to having a KB/Mouse hooked up as it's not an option when using a Controller.

That would explain why I was confused as heck when I saw the option. Never saw it before cause my keyboard is normally turned off when I launch the game.

Chicken Man 177 #14 Posted 22 May 2019 - 12:57 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 16774 battles

View PostJaggedSine6, on 22 May 2019 - 12:49 AM, said:

You SAVED MY DUMB STUPID IDOIT self from the torture of free camera mode! Thank you 

Gsmittyunit44 #15 Posted 22 May 2019 - 12:58 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 30827 battles
  • [-THT-]

View PostPontiac Pat, on 22 May 2019 - 12:43 AM, said:

The aiming hasn't changed at all for me.  I've seen it referenced by others and am wondering if it only happens for those who plug a keyboard into their console?  Just a thought.

I do have a wireless keyboard plugged into my console. I would bet that is why some players see it and others do not. Thank you for the input on this topic, and again please understand that my rant above was after becoming very frustrated with how the game was playing with the keyboard/mouse settings.

Chicken Man 177 #16 Posted 22 May 2019 - 01:01 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 16774 battles
So the aiming part i was being stupid and didn't notice free camera mode, i had a key board hooked up to my xbox to type faster. everything else about the comander mode still stands! My precious amining is intact thank you kind souls!  

JaggedSine6 #17 Posted 22 May 2019 - 01:03 AM

Major

• Players
  • 15540 battles

View PostChicken Man 177, on 21 May 2019 - 06:57 PM, said:

You SAVED MY DUMB STUPID IDOIT self from the torture of free camera mode! Thank you 

View PostGsmittyunit44, on 21 May 2019 - 06:58 PM, said:

I do have a wireless keyboard plugged into my console. I would bet that is why some players see it and others do not. Thank you for the input on this topic, and again please understand that my rant above was after becoming very frustrated with how the game was playing with the keyboard/mouse settings.

lol. I'm pretty sure I was thinking about quitting until I stumbled on the option myself. Whoever played more than a few games in this mode has way more patience than I do.

Chicken Man 177 #18 Posted 22 May 2019 - 01:18 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 16774 battles

View PostJaggedSine6, on 22 May 2019 - 01:03 AM, said:

lol. I'm pretty sure I was thinking about quitting until I stumbled on the option myself. Whoever played more than a few games in this mode has way more patience than I do.

Yes one game and i was on the verge of selling my xbox and playing the pc version again! Im grinding the Machine contract cause i want me some op tank, but was totally about to complety put down this game and play some thing else. 

Gsmittyunit44 #19 Posted 22 May 2019 - 02:01 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 30827 battles
  • [-THT-]

View PostChicken Man 177, on 22 May 2019 - 01:18 AM, said:

Yes one game and i was on the verge of selling my xbox and playing the pc version again! Im grinding the Machine contract cause i want me some op tank, but was totally about to complety put down this game and play some thing else. 

I must have played like 15 games at least. Yes, I totally understand. It's hard enough grinding for these merc tanks, the thought crossed my mind like do I have to grind it all like this from now on? Anyway, I'm really close to getting the cruncher.

Edited by Gsmittyunit44, 22 May 2019 - 02:02 AM.

donny007-THX #20 Posted 22 May 2019 - 02:50 AM

Major

• Players
  • 22853 battles
The aim is exactly the same as it was pre update....I don't see any difference at all and am hitting targets pretty well.....Not sure what is up.
When a man with a .45 meets a man with a rifle, you said, the man with a pistol's a dead man. Let's see if that's true. Go ahead, load up and shoot.

Also tagged with Suggestions, Important, ASAP, PleaseFix, 4.10

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users