Taking up "fall back" positions at start of game

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Loki3003 #1 Posted 23 May 2019 - 02:28 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16335 battles

What's up with lots of players taking up positions that are good to fire from in the event a heavily contested area falls? 

I'm not talking about falling back once it becomes apparent. I'm not even talking about people playing "support" if they are actually doing damage.  I mean people that post up and do nothing while waiting for everyone on their team to die and then get a few shots in as the reds sweep over them?  Why not help at the contested area and potentially take it?

Seems to be high tier heavies mostly.  Instead of getting up in the mix where they are useful, they wait back for the team to crumble then get swarmed.

I just don't get it.

Weak rant, I know.  It's just something that irritates me and I've been seeing it a lot lately.

Teffisk #2 Posted 23 May 2019 - 03:02 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 21241 battles
  • [-L7-]
People are actually just really bad at this game. Last time they drive towards the enemy they got wrecked immediately, so they aren't doing that again. They only way they can not die and hope they get a free shots in it to hide in the back.

I remember trying to play light tanks in my first 500 battles. In the tier 5 Leopard, I was terrible, felt like I died right away all the time, so I started just hiding until the battle got to the later stages, thinking I could be more impactful then. That didn't exactly work out for me and I eventually learned how to scout and play more safely while still being impactful. Some people just never learn.

M4ntiX #3 Posted 23 May 2019 - 07:08 AM

Major

• Players
  • 25942 battles

View PostLoki3003, on 23 May 2019 - 02:28 AM, said:

What's up with lots of players taking up positions that are good to fire from in the event a heavily contested area falls? 

I'm not talking about falling back once it becomes apparent. I'm not even talking about people playing "support" if they are actually doing damage.  I mean people that post up and do nothing while waiting for everyone on their team to die and then get a few shots in as the reds sweep over them?  Why not help at the contested area and potentially take it?

Seems to be high tier heavies mostly.  Instead of getting up in the mix where they are useful, they wait back for the team to crumble then get swarmed.

I just don't get it.

Weak rant, I know.  It's just something that irritates me and I've been seeing it a lot lately.

It's not nice you know, calling out every typical TD player like that. :P

"Jesus you smegheads are whiny about your Epeens."

Afro Palestine #4 Posted 23 May 2019 - 08:25 AM

Major

• Players
  • 54714 battles
  • [HKC]

Just new players learning the game.  Or lame players being lazy.   

The funny thing is that usually, once the team is dead, THEN they launch forward looking for enemies.  Usually into the middle of the map,  I see it so often.

theSwansonFTW #5 Posted 23 May 2019 - 09:25 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19205 battles

View PostLoki3003, on 23 May 2019 - 02:28 AM, said:

I just don't get it.

Oh. You must be new here.

f1mitku #6 Posted 23 May 2019 - 10:17 AM

Major

• Players
  • 43958 battles

View PostAfro Palestine, on 23 May 2019 - 10:25 AM, said:

The funny thing is that usually, once the team is dead, THEN they launch forward looking for enemies.  Usually into the middle of the map,  I see it so often.

We have to mention their big contribution to the game - to click “Requesting fire” on every red tank in their rendering range.

Some players are just chickens afraid to do anything.

I’m baffled why actually they try to play this game at all then. 

Morpheus02007 #7 Posted 23 May 2019 - 10:19 AM

Major

• Players
  • 13975 battles

It's situational, you have to adapt your playstyle to the tank you're playing with.

- With lights early in the game I do the spotting and attack other lights and other tanks without cover from their team. Also it's no use to drive to far without support, because then your spotting isn't worth nothing if your team can't shoot at them. Later in the game I help cleaning up and hunt for arty.

I think the problem with this game is that many players don't know their roll. Don't look at the big map at all at the flow of the enemy. I do this all the time, and I'm usually the first the give the Defend the base command minutes before they're on are base. When they're on your base to cap with 3 tanks and then you have to react....you're usually too late. A mistake that happens a lot because players just don't look at the map.

Garage

Thanks to xRoni7x for this awesome sig!

MrRuinYourNight #8 Posted 23 May 2019 - 10:49 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 203 battles
if you don't want to go with the lemming train sometimes setting up and waiting is all you can do.

I don't even play this game anymore lmao

RUNNINGDUDE1 #9 Posted 23 May 2019 - 06:03 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox 360
  • 22923 battles

View PostAfro Palestine, on 23 May 2019 - 12:25 AM, said:

It's happening a lot at higher tiers which at this point is bad.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users