Leopard 1 and the whole tank line

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

TheTotalPackage7 #1 Posted 24 May 2019 - 01:35 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 15507 battles

I think the Leopard 1 will be my next tank to acquire after I finish the British medium line. I already bought the tier 5 Leopard and wow does that tank suck. I know the Leo and Indien-Panzer are sub-par tanks. Other than the Leopard 1 are there any decent tanks to play in this tank line? Is the Leopard 1 worth it? It seems like a fun stealthy sniper tank to play.

hmsmystic #2 Posted 24 May 2019 - 03:00 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10273 battles
  • [ELDER]
I'm no expert but I enjoyed every tank in that line- I'm on the PTA and enjoy it.  Indien Pzer is a great tier 8 medium- the 6 and 7 are fast and fun.  The tier 5 Leopard is terrific imho

Edited by hmsmystic, 24 May 2019 - 03:00 AM.

Cpl Derren #3 Posted 24 May 2019 - 03:12 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25401 battles
  • [DP]
currently on the T8 light. probably going to free xp to the top gun on the T9, but im getting the papermache tank simply to have it.

Come watch me on Twitch! Simply search: cpl_derren

Check out my YouTube channel WoTC Academy!  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZCURXxiHul8a_9hRcgfpmA

TheTotalPackage7 #4 Posted 24 May 2019 - 05:32 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 15507 battles

View Posthmsmystic, on 24 May 2019 - 03:00 AM, said:

I'm no expert but I enjoyed every tank in that line- I'm on the PTA and enjoy it.  Indien Pzer is a great tier 8 medium- the 6 and 7 are fast and fun.  The tier 5 Leopard is terrific imho

That's promising to hear. I'm a stock tank on the tier 5 so definitely to soon for me to judge. I just know that any time I come across a Leo or Indien Panzer I generally have no problem dealing with them. The Leo especially. But glad to hear positive feedback on these tanks.

Sadriel Fett #5 Posted 24 May 2019 - 06:04 AM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 25762 battles
  • [JOCO]
The tier 5 Leopard shines once you unlock the last package (like most TT tanks, I suppose).  The speed and mobility ends up pretty smooth and not squirrelly like a lot of light tanks.  The last gun on it is suprisingly powerful for its tier and great for just circling other tanks to their doom.

"There's no such thing as "Arty Safe."  You have to play "Arty Aware."  You have to play "SmArty."

dave mg 04 #6 Posted 24 May 2019 - 07:14 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29689 battles

View PostSadriel Fett, on 24 May 2019 - 06:04 AM, said:

The tier 5 Leopard shines once you unlock the last package (like most TT tanks, I suppose).  The speed and mobility ends up pretty smooth and not squirrelly like a lot of light tanks.  The last gun on it is suprisingly powerful for its tier and great for just circling other tanks to their doom.

i prefer the machine gun on the tier 5 leopard as opposed to the single shot, 

never had the indian panzer as i did the line when the ru251 was level 8 and led to the pta at level 9(before the introdution of tier 9 and 10 lights)

the pta can be a bit of a pain, but dam wait till you get the last package and then you will see it shine.:)

the leopard 1 doesnt like me i think. i don't quite know what i'm doing wrong there ? i play it like my pta but it just isn't happening for me.

but all in all a good line to grind and was one of the more enjoyable lines, had a lot of great games on the way to tier 10, but tier 10 has been a dissapointment for me so far. but thats me. i suck and need to GIT GUD. :teethhappy: youlle be fine...

Y5O5ER1U5 #7 Posted 24 May 2019 - 10:20 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 25395 battles
  • [JOCO]

Personally the whole line was great as a fun factor. I found to be a good mix between lights and mediums so train up those camo and view range skills.

Don't let the indien panzer fool you, it has a great gun on it.

swindle 321 #8 Posted 24 May 2019 - 10:34 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 35771 battles
  • [IMTLZ]
I didn't really enjoy the Indien Panzer, the Leo PTA is an awesome tank since they buffed it though.

YouTube

matematicalone #9 Posted 24 May 2019 - 10:40 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 1792 battles
I believe Indien Pz was buffed recently, gun handling and view range is top of the class for tier, but tier VII med is pretty good, actualy great mobile med tank with Tiger gun and alpha.

radonism #10 Posted 24 May 2019 - 12:26 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 15687 battles

The tier 6 is a great tank. I should buy it back. 

I didn't love the tier 7, just felt a bit slippy and slidey to me with a sub par gun. 

The Indien Panzer is the very definition of average. It's not bad, it's not great. That's where I'm stuck for now. All German grinds on hold for the Machine. 

TheTotalPackage7 #11 Posted 25 May 2019 - 10:33 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 15507 battles

I'm glad to hear the positive comments about this tank line. I was afraid it was going to be a brutal tank line to play. Plus for some reason I was thinking the Leo was in this tank line, but that was the Swedish tank line.

panthermark #12 Posted 28 May 2019 - 06:24 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 11198 battles

I loved the VK 30.01D (VI)....the first tank I ever three marked.  One of my favorite tanks in the game. 

I hated the VK 30.02D (VII)...marked it and moved on as quickly as possible.  

The first gun on the Indien-Panzer (VIII) is awful.  Once fully researched, it ended up being quite enjoyable. I two marked it, but instead of jumping to the Leopard PTA, I took that crew and started down the German scout line.  

I was supposed to go back to the PTA once I finished the RU-251 (which I did), but two things happened. 

1. The RU became one of my new favorite tanks in the game. (Up there with the VK)

2. I didn't want to go until I two marked it.....I've made it as high at 83.8%, but then I fall back into the 70's.  

(I only have 1 German crew that I use for all tanks). 

3 MOE's: VK 30.01D (VI), T-34 (V), M-24 Chaffee (V)

2 MOE's: Indien-Panzer (VIII), T-20 (VII), Cromwell B (VI), Snakebite (VI), T-37 (VI), M4 Sherman w/Derp (V), VK 16.02 Leopard (V)

Funktastic Ed #13 Posted 13 June 2019 - 09:17 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17144 battles

I have sold the Leopard 1 years agor on a rage move, i had enough of its tricky gun with its troll shells that bounce for no Reason.

It happened so many times, randomly your shots are bounced off on weak armors, like your shots are way mor slope senstitive than other tanks.

And i think it was the case, because you shoot APCR, even if WG said it is not the same as premium shells, and does not behaves alike.

I had a lot of games where half my shots were bounced off, i even saw some of my shots bounced off by AMX 13 or LTTB.

Then one day i had enough.

I remember a Centurion 7/1, it was on Thiepval at the very end of a game, and i had 5 kills, my tank was mid life, i saw the guy camping in bushes and didn't noticed me at all, maybe his chief was down.

I attack him from the side, i shoot his side hull, a straight perpendicular shoot i was just a little below from his position but not enough to create defensive angle…. or was it ?

Boom it bounce, 260mm average penetration (supposedly) and it bounce on a poor 90mm.

Alright the guy was Lucky, and he was also sleepy because he didn't even try to face me, he only turned his turret (aimlocked me probably), so i go for a second hit right in the side hull, boom….bounced off again !

He shoots, he hit me loader, he still don't turn his tank to face me, as my reload time is now screwed, he shoots a second time, then i shoot his side hull again, boom….

Bounced off ounce again !

That's the moment my brain started to boil, i was litteraly mad, i threw my pad away and watched the guy kill me, then i cursed the hell out of devs, and stopped playing for almost a Week.

True story.

When i came back to the game the first thing i did was selling the Leopard 1.

AMX30B, Chieftain, all these APCR tanks are frustrating as hell, you'll see a lot of your shells ineffective, because despite what they say, WG made APCR shells tricky to use and trolling a lot against any sloped armor even thin light tank plates.

Edited by Funktastic Ed, 14 June 2019 - 08:24 AM.

"Idiots dare everything, that's how you really know they are."

wake_the_move #14 Posted 14 June 2019 - 03:58 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5808 battles
Recent buffs on PC look very promising. If we got this version I would start grinding for that. The new version also features AP/APCR instead of APCR/HEAT now, with the regular AP having high velocity and about 278 mm pen, which ist TD level.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users