Just when you thought you knew everything.. A new PC game-mechanics video pops up

tanks mechanics concealment gameplay video

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Koncorde #21 Posted 26 May 2019 - 04:58 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 25021 battles

View PostPontiac Pat, on 26 May 2019 - 03:08 PM, said:

Nope.  It's all or nothing.

I think I may have fundamentally misread a guide somewhere then :D

View PostSaerbhreathach, on 26 May 2019 - 04:00 PM, said:

Tress do provide camo, just like bushes BUT how much camo they provide is dependent on how full the tree canopy is and the type of tree as well effects how much camo it provides. Generally bushes are the better choice, but if you can find the right tree(s) and knock them over you can become virtually invisible. Besides the act of knocking them over giving your position away that is....lol.

Trees work well, however I am not sure if the trunk of the tree is included in the "anything within 15m disappears". Theoretically some of the trees are 20m+ tall, so the foliage is far enough away to avoid the problem, but if the foot of the fallen tree is near your tank does it make it momentarily invisible?

There are a few maps I liberally abuse all the trees on and create eagles nests for myself. It can buy me anywhere between seconds and whole battles.

Saerbhreathach #22 Posted 26 May 2019 - 05:49 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 22214 battles

View PostKoncorde, on 26 May 2019 - 01:28 PM, said:

I think I may have fundamentally misread a guide somewhere then :D

Trees work well, however I am not sure if the trunk of the tree is included in the "anything within 15m disappears". Theoretically some of the trees are 20m+ tall, so the foliage is far enough away to avoid the problem, but if the foot of the fallen tree is near your tank does it make it momentarily invisible?

There are a few maps I liberally abuse all the trees on and create eagles nests for myself. It can buy me anywhere between seconds and whole battles.

The trunk of the tree doesn't provide any camo, that's why bare trees don't provide any, it's all about the canopy. You can use the tree trunk as a guide for how far away you are from it's canopy as you pointed out but the root system, or foot as you put it, doesn't provide any camo as far as I know. We'd have to get Max in on this part of the discussion but I'm 95% positive the foot of the tree doesn't provide any camo. :)

Koncorde #23 Posted 26 May 2019 - 06:50 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 25021 battles
Not bothered if trunk provides camo, only if it is counted as part of the tree for calculating distance from the tree for when foliage disappears in firing your gun.

HybredXero #24 Posted 28 May 2019 - 02:53 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 34113 battles
  • [BULL]

they talk about cover and concealment but don't know the difference between the two.  at one point they called bushes cover, and "non-transparent" objects concealment.

The difference between cover and concealment is a simple one. If it doesn't stop a bullet, then it is considered to be concealment because that is all it is really doing – concealing your location. Cover is something that will not only conceal your location but stop a bullet as well.

yes, the "non-transparent" will stop one bullet (or a houses case where it takes a couple to knock it down), but once shot that cover is pretty much useless.

"Trusting the Blue Falcon is like playing Russian Roulette....with six rounds in the chamber"

"CEDAT FORTUNA PERITIS" (Let Fortune Yield to Experience)

Pontiac Pat #25 Posted 28 May 2019 - 04:00 PM

Major

• WoTC Tournaments Contributor
  • 25805 battles
  • [47R]
I noticed that as well.

If you want to be one of the 47 Ronin check out our recruitment post and then send a message to Prof935 (xbox) or dimka935 (ps4).

Estimated Marks of Excellence thresholds - https://wotclans.com.br/tanks/moe

Pit Friend #26 Posted 28 May 2019 - 04:47 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33614 battles
  • [PTATO]

When the nice guy loses his patience the devil shivers. 

Also tagged with tanks, mechanics, concealment, gameplay, video

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users