Encounter Battles; head for the spawn, not to the other side of the map!

encounter battles strategy spawn

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

P6X330 #1 Posted 26 May 2019 - 05:53 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 16076 battles
  • [AMXS]

This morning, 26th of May, I played several Encounter battles back to back.

Cliff, start of the battle, most of the team heads towards the light house; the red team head in all into the spawn, and we get defeated.

Murovanka; each time I played that map, nobody goes East; unless it is an encounter, and again, the red team occupies the spawn, and defends it; another defeat.

Redshire: red go inside the castle, the team head out to the East again...

Do we at least all agree here, on the forum, that the best strategy is to head out for the spawn, and arrive there before the enemy, if possible...

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

YouMadBro413 #2 Posted 26 May 2019 - 06:17 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 39729 battles
  • [JOCO]
Himmelsdorf is pretty bad too. One team heads up the hill to the castle while most of the other team heads to the flag. The other team then realizes there mistake and heads back down but it only takes a few green tanks to delay/block the way back down and they get capped out.

Restless_Vermin #3 Posted 26 May 2019 - 06:51 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 38682 battles

View PostP6X330, on 26 May 2019 - 05:53 PM, said:

This morning, 26th of May, I played several Encounter battles back to back.

Cliff, start of the battle, most of the team heads towards the light house; the red team head in all into the spawn, and we get defeated.

Murovanka; each time I played that map, nobody goes East; unless it is an encounter, and again, the red team occupies the spawn, and defends it; another defeat.

Redshire: red go inside the castle, the team head out to the East again...

Do we at least all agree here, on the forum, that the best strategy is to head out for the spawn, and arrive there before the enemy, if possible...

Hmmm depends which tank I’m playing and what the make up of the teams is. A quick flank victory can seriously expose the enemy rear especially to a wolf pack of meds or lights. But if it’s obvious the whole red team is headed to cap then you gotta be quick and trying to win a flank against a single hull down red ain’t gonna work, so yes sometimes it’s a very good tactic but can also be risky if the opposition know what’s going on

Vampire_Izumi #4 Posted 26 May 2019 - 06:58 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27551 battles
  • [LEONI]
i see it better to head for the flag, i have had many matches lost due to enemy dominating the encounter flag wile my team heads to their spawn.

A lie about a lie turns inside out upon itself. - Magane chikujoin   

Marks of Excellence:

Koncorde #5 Posted 26 May 2019 - 07:03 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 24952 battles
Very few people look at the map pre-match, and most assume the same tactical outlook regardless. This goes for the top tier tanks covering empty flanks, to the light tanks that always YOLO out to scout in positions that are difficult to cover or support.

The pre battle map could do with highlighting where the objectives are, and or coloured beacons in the first 60 seconds saying something like "Defend this", "Capture this", and lord knows a vocal message from your crew when a tank is capping would be handy.

Vampire_Izumi #6 Posted 26 May 2019 - 07:06 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27551 battles
  • [LEONI]

View PostKoncorde, on 27 May 2019 - 04:03 AM, said:

lord knows a vocal message from your crew when a tank is capping would be handy.

there is a few actually:

"They are trying to capture our base!"

"The enemy is in our base!"

"The enemy is trying to capture our base!"

and a few others lines that i do not remember.

A lie about a lie turns inside out upon itself. - Magane chikujoin   

Marks of Excellence:

Koncorde #7 Posted 26 May 2019 - 07:11 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 24952 battles
I mean along the lines of "we should probably defend our cap you morons" and a count down / update when additional tanks jump in / off.

HomicidalApple0 #8 Posted 26 May 2019 - 07:13 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2919 battles
Yeah on mountain pass encounter the other night some guy started going off on his mic about why 4 of us were wrapping around a flank to their spawn 2 minutes into the game when no one challenged us, I had my newborn sleeping in front of me but I had to drop my mic and tell him to just be quite, it’s 2 minutes into a 15 minute round and they weren’t capping.

Some people don’t get that yes, it’s an objective mode, but you have 15 minutes and you’re not just going to cap out with almost every enemy alive, you still need to worry about map control and eliminating some of them before capping needs to be a priority if needed at all.

To some you’re just supposed to drive right into the cap where it’s wide open with limited cover 90 seconds into a match or you’re doing it wrong

RUNNINGDUDE1 #9 Posted 26 May 2019 - 08:27 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox 360
  • 24125 battles
I would never head for the spawn or take the whole team to the flag. I get guys to take up flanks by the flag for sniper support and or dealing with flankers

ThermalStone #10 Posted 26 May 2019 - 08:30 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32992 battles
  • [80085]
The opening strategy remains the same no matter the gametype:  head to wherever I can inflict a bunch of early damage without trading hit points.

I'm not stealing kills, I'm handing out Confederate medals.

Wakkomaster #11 Posted 27 May 2019 - 10:03 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13966 battles

View PostKoncorde, on 26 May 2019 - 08:03 PM, said:

Very few people look at the map pre-match, and most assume the same tactical outlook regardless.

Aye aye.

I think some players are in full "Let's go to my favourite spot" auto-pilot mode.

Or it's the "No Cap Kill All" mentality, but even in that case, going for the base should be a sound tactic.

View PostP6X330, on 26 May 2019 - 06:53 PM, said:

Wait, I'm a bit confused now. do you mean the enemy spawn point or the neutral flag? :amazed:

Currently playing World of Tanks on:

Xbox - Wakkomaster

You can also find me on:

Playstation - Wakkopresi

PC - Wakkomaster

P6X330 #12 Posted 27 May 2019 - 02:28 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 16076 battles
  • [AMXS]

View PostWakkomaster, on 27 May 2019 - 04:03 AM, said:

Wait, I'm a bit confused now. do you mean the enemy spawn point or the neutral flag? :amazed:

It's an encounter battle, there is only one flag to capture. But since you mention it, I have seen allies rushing to the enemy spawn point, and desperately looking for a base to capture. They weren't even aware that it was an Encounter battle in the first place....

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

Chalupacobra #13 Posted 30 May 2019 - 07:02 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15651 battles
  • [-LOTD]
I generally have good outcomes in encounter battles. I never play to cap at first. I usually pick a spot around the flag. That’s where most people would be heading.

I will be honest sometimes I don’t realize it’s an encounter. Sometimes the flag blends in on the mini map.  Himmelsdorf can be rough, especially since there are 2 different cap points. One time it’s hill. Another time it’s tracks. I think Westfield is the same. Tier dependent?

rick007cmx1 #14 Posted 17 June 2019 - 11:18 PM

Major

• Players
  • 58323 battles

View PostHomicidalApple0, on 26 May 2019 - 01:13 PM, said:

Yeah on mountain pass encounter the other night some guy started going off on his mic about why 4 of us were wrapping around a flank to their spawn 2 minutes into the game when no one challenged us, I had my newborn sleeping in front of me but I had to drop my mic and tell him to just be quite, it’s 2 minutes into a 15 minute round and they weren’t capping.

Some people don’t get that yes, it’s an objective mode, but you have 15 minutes and you’re not just going to cap out with almost every enemy alive, you still need to worry about map control and eliminating some of them before capping needs to be a priority if needed at all.

To some you’re just supposed to drive right into the cap where it’s wide open with limited cover 90 seconds into a match or you’re doing it wrong

Yes, i flank with flankers. Now if i am in a heavy or casemate TD, i head straight to the objective.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users