Why AMX Chaffee couldn't get an appropriate HP at Tier7LT ?

appropriate HP at its tier AMX Chaffee Tier7LT

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Joco3000 #21 Posted 31 May 2019 - 12:35 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 26499 battles
  • [JOCO]

View Postwake_the_move, on 31 May 2019 - 08:50 AM, said:

The combined total of all components also is a measurement of at which tier the particular tank is to be located. And of course with higher tiers come higher values such as HP.  Look what happens if you upgrade the turret of a regular tank. It goes up a tier, providing more HP, or/and more view range, maybe even higher RoF, etc. Most premium tanks have score of 0.25 to 0.5 lower compared to their regulars, which are at least hold a full tier score, or even slightly above when fully developed. There are very few exceptions, which are only proving the rule.

Then AMX chaffee is 1.25 below 7. Raising it‘s turret to tier 7 would also justify an HP increase (which it is in need of), increasing it‘s engine therefore an increase in top speed.

But the tier of the components means very little in the grand scheme of things.

Let's take the 5cm L/60 gun. It used to be a tier III module. WG changed it to a tier IV, and changed nothing but the cost of the module and its research cost.

The 20 pounder gun is similar, in that the two variants are identical in terms of stats, just the one is a tier IX and the other a VIII.

Yes, overall you are correct, but strictly speaking WG does not need to change any of the characteristics in the slightest to upscale them to tier VI or VII. 

You can PM with with questions, if you wish. I don't bite.

Compilation thread of my ideas

salomon2007 #22 Posted 31 May 2019 - 06:18 PM

Major

• Players
  • 46889 battles
  • [PASTA]
If they WGCB won't change its spec at all, they should have let AMX Chaffee stay at tier6 and let her meet up to tier8 (normal ±2 match-making) instead of putting her at tier7 and letting her meet up to tier9. :unsure:

wake_the_move #23 Posted 31 May 2019 - 08:51 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8517 battles

View PostJoco3000, on 31 May 2019 - 12:35 PM, said:

But the tier of the components means very little in the grand scheme of things.

Let's take the 5cm L/60 gun. It used to be a tier III module. WG changed it to a tier IV, and changed nothing but the cost of the module and its research cost.

The 20 pounder gun is similar, in that the two variants are identical in terms of stats, just the one is a tier IX and the other a VIII.

Yes, overall you are correct, but strictly speaking WG does not need to change any of the characteristics in the slightest to upscale them to tier VI or VII. 

Maybe they hadn‘t properly classified those items in the first place and just did a correction. However 600 HP is far too low even for a Tier VII light tank. 

Joco3000 #24 Posted 31 May 2019 - 10:00 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 26499 battles
  • [JOCO]

View Postwake_the_move, on 31 May 2019 - 08:51 PM, said:

Maybe they hadn‘t properly classified those items in the first place and just did a correction. However 600 HP is far too low even for a Tier VII light tank. 

Oh, I'm not disagreeing with the health. I've been for that for some time.

I was disagreeing on the whole tier of module thing.

Wroclaw #25 Posted 01 June 2019 - 12:11 AM

Major

• Players
  • 54791 battles

View Postswindle 321, on 31 May 2019 - 09:09 AM, said:

I think I might be the only person on the forum that thinks that the tank is fine as it is, all they did was change the actual tier of the tank the only other thing that changed with regards to in game stuff is that it no longer sees tier 10's which is kind of a buff. It's a good tank in my book.

it does have strong points. but there are tier 7 lights with more health that will bounce more shots.

it doesnt have to have class-leading hitpoints, but a small buff to its health is exactly what/all its been needing since day dot.

RAD FROOD 25 #26 Posted 01 June 2019 - 04:51 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 20111 battles
  • [PR1D3]
Very rarely play it anymore and the AMX 13 57 is better in my humble opinion. It's not very fun being killed in 2 shots 

salomon2007 #27 Posted 01 June 2019 - 05:32 PM

Major

• Players
  • 46889 battles
  • [PASTA]

So players who use AMX Chaffee feel that she needs buffs for top speed (at least 60km/h), shorter reload time, better view range and HP pool (at least 800 as Tier7LT).

I also hope Nomad Somua SM should be buffed on reload time from 46 seconds to 40 seconds. I thinks they WGCB Dev have nerfed Somua SM too much at its release time. It's time for them to think about "balancing" .:P

P6X330 #28 Posted 01 June 2019 - 09:48 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15694 battles
  • [AMXS]

Salomon2007, I am going to have to disagree with you.

First, the AMX Chaffee is not a Tier VII, but a Tier VI.

I have been playing mine like crazy to fast track crews and although it can be frustrating at times, if I was a better player, I would have a lot more success. A lot of my early exits are based upon my being greedy, or attempting to do desperate things that I should not.

I had some incredible battles, where I finished top of the leader board, and some stinging defeats being one shot by dreadnought or pushing enemies because I was alone.

Personally, the only buff I want for that tank, is an extra 10% Crew XP.

I have some video captured today, that I am going to post to illustrate my narrative. I shall come back here later...

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

salomon2007 #29 Posted 02 June 2019 - 03:09 PM

Major

• Players
  • 46889 battles
  • [PASTA]

View PostP6X330, on 02 June 2019 - 06:48 AM, said:

I have been playing mine like crazy to fast track crews and although it can be frustrating at times, if I was a better player, I would have a lot more success. A lot of my early exits are based upon my being greedy, or attempting to do desperate things that I should not.

I had some incredible battles, where I finished top of the leader board, and some stinging defeats being one shot by dreadnought or pushing enemies because I was alone.

I have some video captured today, that I am going to post to illustrate my narrative. I shall come back here later...

"First, the AMX Chaffee is not a Tier VII, but a Tier VI."

No she has been transferred from tier6 to tier7 and now she "is " a Tier7LT, not Tier6LT.

I've just come across AMX Chafffee at tier9 top battle and I shot her and put on fire and she has gone, just one shot. Well I was using Tier9HTCcnqueror thouigh.

If she had Tier7LT level HP say 840, she might have survived not burned down by fire.:) 

Joco3000 #30 Posted 02 June 2019 - 08:24 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 26499 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostP6X330, on 01 June 2019 - 09:48 PM, said:

I disagree with you.

I feel that all the AMX Chaffee needs to truly shine is a small health buff (enough to eat up a 15Xmm shot some of the time, but still keeping it the lowest in the class) and a small speed buff.

I'm saying this as someone who has also played the AMX Chaffee, and played it with some modest effectiveness. I can do reasonably well with it as is, but I have zero reason to actually play it with the AMX 13/57 being a thing.

Making it a worthy counterpart to the AMX 13/57 is what I believe is required, and something I'm sure most AMX Chaffee owners can agree with.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users