Jump to content


The Machine: Your Opinion So Far

The Machine Opinion Nerf Buff Leave it alone Perfectly Balanced

  • Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

Poll: The Machine (103 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 50 battles in order to participate this poll.

Do You Think The Machine Needs To Be Adjusted?

  1. Yes, I believe it's overpowered and needs a nerf (32 votes [31.07%])

    Percentage of vote: 31.07%

  2. Yes, I believe it's underpowered and needs a buff (8 votes [7.77%])

    Percentage of vote: 7.77%

  3. No, I believe it's pretty balanced as is (51 votes [49.51%])

    Percentage of vote: 49.51%

  4. There's not enough of them to give an answer yet (12 votes [11.65%])

    Percentage of vote: 11.65%

Vote Hide poll

John-berg1995 #21 Posted 07 June 2019 - 04:44 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 12362 battles
  • 2,473
  • [CIA]
  • Member since:
    12-05-2015

View Postnatedaishmaster, on 07 June 2019 - 04:37 PM, said:

 

That's just not true. As far as I can tell, it is performing above average, but not excessively. Personally, The Machine is below my Sconq, 5a, and 430U in terms of damage per game. 1300 damage in a clip is a pipe dream. Medicore accuracy and dispersion plus bad pen on APCR/HEAT means that you'll probably bounce a shot or 2 in a brawl with heavies or miss a shot or 2 at range with mediums. So what it gets a clip off? The reload is longer than the 57 heavy. The Chieftan's strength is abusing ridges and an accurate gun to spit DPM. The hull, turret, engine combo is very good on The Machine. The TVP gun is the worst gun for the tank honestly. Any other gun would make it OP. The bad gun makes it just very good

Good players don't bounce lol 

 

Also you just said it's overperforming....i keep hearing that over and over again 

 

"It's op but not that op" 

"It's definitely broken, but only a little"

Then you come in with it over performing but not excessively, 

 

if it's over performing it deserves a nerf. hense the speed nerf. it can keep it's god like armor and clip, but that in combination with speed is to much 

 

People complained about the 268v4 because of the same reasons...

 

Yet the machine has double to potential damage....and is actually faster....with a turret...and gun depression...and armor that may not be as good as the v4 but Is still good enough to bounce even gold shells frontally...



natedaishmaster #22 Posted 07 June 2019 - 05:12 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 25556 battles
  • 215
  • [IMTLZ]
  • Member since:
    07-29-2014

View PostJohn-berg1995, on 07 June 2019 - 08:44 AM, said:

Good players don't bounce lol 

 

Also you just said it's overperforming....i keep hearing that over and over again 

 

"It's op but not that op" 

"It's definitely broken, but only a little"

Then you come in with it over performing but not excessively, 

 

if it's over performing it deserves a nerf. hense the speed nerf. it can keep it's god like armor and clip, but that in combination with speed is to much 

 

People complained about the 268v4 because of the same reasons...

 

Yet the machine has double to potential damage....and is actually faster....with a turret...and gun depression...and armor that may not be as good as the v4 but Is still good enough to bounce even gold shells frontally...

 

I bounce all the time lol. It wont get nerfed. It is a fairly high skill ceiling tank so it overperforms on the top end. Good players will do very well in it but it isn't idiot proof like the Sconq or 430U. Plus, a lot of people spent several hundred dollars on the tank so it is essentially a premium tank and they tend not to nerf those.

Also, it's like you don't even read what I write. The gun is crap. The hull armor worse than every tier 10 heavy because you can't hide both weakspots at the same time and you cant angle the tank at all. It's fast but can't spot very well like other fast tanks. It's a jack of all trades, master of none tank. Its flexibility is its greatest strength and it takes a good player to use that. It will be fairly balanced in the hands of the general population


3 MOE: Hellcat, Lycan, Sp1C, T20, M41 Bulldog, Motherland, STA 1, T95E2, Pershing, AMX 50 100, AMX 13 90, T54ltwt, T49, RU251, M46 Patton, Type 61, Leopard PTA, T54, E50, Batchat AP, Skoda T50, Centurion 7/1, Sharpshooter, T10, Conquerer, AMX 13 105, Sheridan, T-100LT, RHM PZW, M48 Patton, Leopard 1, E50M, Obj 140, Batchat 25t, TVP 50/51, IS7, AMX 50B, Super Conqueror, The Machine, Chieftain, T110E4


John-berg1995 #23 Posted 07 June 2019 - 07:37 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 12362 battles
  • 2,473
  • [CIA]
  • Member since:
    12-05-2015

View Postnatedaishmaster, on 07 June 2019 - 05:12 PM, said:

 

I bounce all the time lol. It wont get nerfed. It is a fairly high skill ceiling tank so it overperforms on the top end. Good players will do very well in it but it isn't idiot proof like the Sconq or 430U. Plus, a lot of people spent several hundred dollars on the tank so it is essentially a premium tank and they tend not to nerf those.

Also, it's like you don't even read what I write. The gun is crap. The hull armor worse than every tier 10 heavy because you can't hide both weakspots at the same time and you cant angle the tank at all. It's fast but can't spot very well like other fast tanks. It's a jack of all trades, master of none tank. Its flexibility is its greatest strength and it takes a good player to use that. It will be fairly balanced in the hands of the general population

/)_- I'm not talking about the general average usage. I'm talking about what super unis can do with it........the gun is perfectly fine .but it's the fact it's so damn fast that gets me. It's literally, a straight up upgrade to the TVP you can't even argue against it. the TVP is worthless. in comparison. 



Pit Friend #24 Posted 07 June 2019 - 07:42 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 32656 battles
  • 17,858
  • [PTATO]
  • Member since:
    07-14-2014
I just had one chase down and kill my BatChat 12T. A Heavy tank that’s faster than a Light. Nothing at all wrong there! :sceptic:

I asked an EOD man how he dealt with the stress of his job. 

 

He said he didn’t have any stress. Either he was right or else it became someone else’s problem. 


John-berg1995 #25 Posted 07 June 2019 - 08:41 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 12362 battles
  • 2,473
  • [CIA]
  • Member since:
    12-05-2015

View PostPit Friend, on 07 June 2019 - 07:42 PM, said:

I just had one chase down and kill my BatChat 12T. A Heavy tank that’s faster than a Light. Nothing at all wrong there! :sceptic:

Literally what I'm saying lol it's way to fast. it's basically a 50B but with a god like turret lol 



Axelrose93 #26 Posted 13 June 2019 - 05:56 AM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 23047 battles
  • 85
  • [SABOT]
  • Member since:
    07-19-2013
Any updates to this worthwile? Best or worst games in it?

M4ntiX #27 Posted 13 June 2019 - 06:46 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 27032 battles
  • 3,311
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    03-18-2014

View PostAxelrose93, on 13 June 2019 - 05:56 AM, said:

Any updates to this worthwile? Best or worst games in it?

 

Best game so far, 7K damage dealt. Best streak so far, 5 games in a row with ~6K damage dealt. Worst game, being one-bombed by arta. Engine deck is huge and weak, it attracts skill, be careful.

 

My unifriend described this tank perfectly in one sentence: The Machine is op and it rewards skill and patience but punishes heavily the lack of both. That's why you see so many of them die in the very first minutes, it is too quick for its own good. :)

 

Around 50 battles in and I'm beginning to feel very comfortable with The Machine. Yes, it is op. Best medium in the game.


"4 kids single father 2 boats a plane 3cars and more battles than you."

"Jesus you smegheads are whiny about your Epeens."


Shockwave IIC #28 Posted 13 June 2019 - 07:13 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 17634 battles
  • 2,841
  • [-PA-]
  • Member since:
    11-09-2013

View PostM4ntiX, on 13 June 2019 - 06:46 AM, said:

 

Best game so far, 7K damage dealt. Best streak so far, 5 games in a row with ~6K damage dealt. Worst game, being one-bombed by arta. Engine deck is huge and weak, it attracts skill, be careful.

 

My unifriend described this tank perfectly in one sentence: The Machine is op and it rewards skill and patience but punishes heavily the lack of both. That's why you see so many of them die in the very first minutes, it is too quick for its own good. :)

 

Around 50 battles in and I'm beginning to feel very comfortable with The Machine. Yes, it is op. Best medium in the game.

Oh, saw you in yours on Great wall two days ago, platooned with Joco, Dys and someone else. I hung around on Dys shoulder till it was just you and him. I did rather poorly in my "not technically stock" T-54. Didn't know you could get up in those hills.


Chaffee ***, M10 Wolverine ***, Hellcat **, Fury **, Easy 8 ***, M6 ***, T29 ***, T71 **, T69 **, Comet I IT34 **, T34 85 ** T150 ***, KV4 **, VK30.01D III III III, VK30.01M III III, VK30.02D III III, Tiger P III III,

http://forum-console...our-average-joe

 


M4ntiX #29 Posted 13 June 2019 - 07:41 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 27032 battles
  • 3,311
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    03-18-2014

View PostShockwave IIC, on 13 June 2019 - 07:13 AM, said:

Oh, saw you in yours on Great wall two days ago, platooned with Joco, Dys and someone else. I hung around on Dys shoulder till it was just you and him. I did rather poorly in my "not technically stock" T-54. Didn't know you could get up in those hills.

 

Sorry, didn't see you, mate. GG! Oh and yeah, you can get up there. :) I did it for the lols and to snap this:

 


"4 kids single father 2 boats a plane 3cars and more battles than you."

"Jesus you smegheads are whiny about your Epeens."


Shockwave IIC #30 Posted 13 June 2019 - 07:43 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 17634 battles
  • 2,841
  • [-PA-]
  • Member since:
    11-09-2013

View PostM4ntiX, on 13 June 2019 - 07:41 AM, said:

 

Sorry, didn't see you, mate. GG! Oh and yeah, you can get up there. :) I did it for the lols and to snap this:

 

 

 

Lol, good lord. You do that solo, or with bumping help?


Chaffee ***, M10 Wolverine ***, Hellcat **, Fury **, Easy 8 ***, M6 ***, T29 ***, T71 **, T69 **, Comet I IT34 **, T34 85 ** T150 ***, KV4 **, VK30.01D III III III, VK30.01M III III, VK30.02D III III, Tiger P III III,

http://forum-console...our-average-joe

 


M4ntiX #31 Posted 13 June 2019 - 07:46 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 27032 battles
  • 3,311
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    03-18-2014

View PostShockwave IIC, on 13 June 2019 - 07:43 AM, said:

 

 

Lol, good lord. You do that solo, or with bumping help?

 

100% solo and natural. No boosting required, just some wiggle-up-the-hill skills. Oh, and this spot can be accessed from both sides of the map, so it's balanced. :)

"4 kids single father 2 boats a plane 3cars and more battles than you."

"Jesus you smegheads are whiny about your Epeens."


Axelrose93 #32 Posted 13 June 2019 - 09:26 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 23047 battles
  • 85
  • [SABOT]
  • Member since:
    07-19-2013

View PostM4ntiX, on 13 June 2019 - 01:46 AM, said:

 

Best game so far, 7K damage dealt. Best streak so far, 5 games in a row with ~6K damage dealt. Worst game, being one-bombed by arta. Engine deck is huge and weak, it attracts skill, be careful.

 

My unifriend described this tank perfectly in one sentence: The Machine is op and it rewards skill and patience but punishes heavily the lack of both. That's why you see so many of them die in the very first minutes, it is too quick for its own good. :)

 

Around 50 battles in and I'm beginning to feel very comfortable with The Machine. Yes, it is op. Best medium in the game.

 

Nice, I got it around a month ago now I think, about 300 battles in it and I agree. It's a great tank in the right hands but that can describe any tank. According to the statistical averages it places within the tanks around it. Behind the 430U and AMX 50B so overal it's not unbalanced. Glad to have this thing in my garage permanently. Just waiting on that camo sale!

 

https://gamerdvr.com...enshot/12290317



Tempest fox3 #33 Posted 13 June 2019 - 10:15 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 20079 battles
  • 17,089
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013

View PostThermalStone, on 31 May 2019 - 01:10 PM, said:

Sounds like it's best comparison in the 50B and trades some alpha and top speed for better interclip and full clip load time and the ability to go hull down.  Sounds fine to me but not gamebreaking. BTW I actually prefer the 50B over the T57 in pubs for its superior mobility.  No one expects a tank with that firepower to show up early in the game with the scouts.

 

It has a higher top speed and acceleration than the 50b. Because Russian bias engine (its the IS7 engine, but the buffed pc IS7 engine. Not the engine our console IS7 has) 


War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32 - In order obtained


Tempest fox3 #34 Posted 13 June 2019 - 10:25 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 20079 battles
  • 17,089
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013

View PostAxelrose93, on 13 June 2019 - 05:56 AM, said:

Any updates to this worthwile? Best or worst games in it?

 

I did poorly in it at first as I was playing far too aggressive, pretty much just yolo'ing at things to ram them because reasons. But now I've settled into playing it properly (at least I think this is how it's supposed to be played) I'm regularly getting 4-7k damage games. 

 

It has the highest ace tanker requirement of any tier 10 I've played so far, needing just under 1800 base xp (that's a lot for tier 10).

 

I honestly think the TVP and the machine should have their gun stats swapped. 


War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32 - In order obtained


Wroclaw #35 Posted 13 June 2019 - 11:21 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 53707 battles
  • 4,510
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

View PostPit Friend, on 07 June 2019 - 07:42 PM, said:

I just had one chase down and kill my BatChat 12T. A Heavy tank that’s faster than a Light. Nothing at all wrong there! :sceptic:

 

its not faster than the 12t.

 

he didnt chase the 12t down, the 12t just wasnt able to get away before he broke the line of sight. that happens to Light drivers every single hour of the day.

 

the thing you notice about the Machine is how less mobile it is over the TVP.



Wroclaw #36 Posted 13 June 2019 - 11:24 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 53707 battles
  • 4,510
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

View PostTempest fox3, on 13 June 2019 - 10:25 PM, said:

I honestly think the TVP and the machine should have their gun stats swapped. 

 

for a heavy, its a weak gun. its the the TVP that needs the buff. it absolutely shouldnt have the nerfed gun



M4ntiX #37 Posted 13 June 2019 - 11:54 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 27032 battles
  • 3,311
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    03-18-2014

View PostWroclaw, on 13 June 2019 - 11:21 PM, said:

 

its not faster than the 12t.

 

he didnt chase the 12t down, the 12t just wasnt able to get away before he broke the line of sight. that happens to Light drivers every single hour of the day.

 

the thing you notice about the Machine is how more mobile it is over the TVP.

 

FTFY

 

Oh and quite frankly I don't think you know what you're talking about. Machine is easily capable of keeping up with light and medium tanks.

 

The Machine

MAX SPEED
67KM/H
ENGINE POWER
1200HP
VEHICLE WEIGHT
58580KG

 

12t

MAX SPEED
68KM/H
ENGINE POWER
320HP
VEHICLE WEIGHT
12020KG

"4 kids single father 2 boats a plane 3cars and more battles than you."

"Jesus you smegheads are whiny about your Epeens."


Tempest fox3 #38 Posted 14 June 2019 - 12:12 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 20079 battles
  • 17,089
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013

View PostWroclaw, on 13 June 2019 - 11:24 PM, said:

 

for a heavy, its a weak gun. its the the TVP that needs the buff. it absolutely shouldnt have the nerfed gun

 

Gonna have to agree to disagree. 


War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32 - In order obtained


Wroclaw #39 Posted 14 June 2019 - 12:17 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 53707 battles
  • 4,510
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

View PostM4ntiX, on 13 June 2019 - 11:54 PM, said:

 

FTFY

 

Oh and quite frankly I don't think you know what you're talking about. Machine is easily capable of keeping up with light and medium tanks.

 

The Machine

MAX SPEED
67KM/H
ENGINE POWER
1200HP
VEHICLE WEIGHT
58580KG

 

12t

MAX SPEED
68KM/H
ENGINE POWER
320HP
VEHICLE WEIGHT
12020KG

 

yeah, try getting that speed, & see how long each take to get to 30, & then 50. &you say i dont know what im talking about lol.

 

& "ftfy" seriously ?

 

if you believe the TVP is slower/less mobile than the machine then im sorry for anyone that listens to your opinion . . . . . . 

 

 



donny007-THX #40 Posted 14 June 2019 - 12:44 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21399 battles
  • 2,649
  • Member since:
    12-18-2017

I took the liberty of running a few hot laps in PG with TVP and The Machine.  The findings are as that the average lap times of TVP were faster by 6 seconds, or for perspective 4.4% delta.

 

Top speed of TVP was better my 1 KPH top and was able to keep top speed slightly more of the time.

 

TVP accelerated to top speed a little better.  I did not time that but was not significant.

 

This test was conducted on Pacific Island, along the sandy shore.  The higher terrain resistance of The Machine plays in favor of TVP.  I do not know how this would play out on grass, or a golf course.

 

So, don't split P*$%y hairs over it.  The Machine is very capable.  It can drive with the best of them including all of the high tire Bat Chats and such.


When a man with a .45 meets a man with a rifle, you said, the man with a pistol's a dead man. Let's see if that's true. Go ahead, load up and shoot.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users