The Machine: Your Opinion So Far

The Machine Opinion Nerf Buff Leave it alone Perfectly Balanced

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

Poll: The Machine (103 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 50 battles in order to participate this poll.

Do You Think The Machine Needs To Be Adjusted?

1. Yes, I believe it's overpowered and needs a nerf (32 votes [31.07%])

Percentage of vote: 31.07%

2. Yes, I believe it's underpowered and needs a buff (8 votes [7.77%])

Percentage of vote: 7.77%

3. No, I believe it's pretty balanced as is (51 votes [49.51%])

Percentage of vote: 49.51%

4. There's not enough of them to give an answer yet (12 votes [11.65%])

Percentage of vote: 11.65%

Vote Hide poll

TocFanKe4 #41 Posted 14 June 2019 - 04:43 AM

Major

• Players
  • 20552 battles
  • [GIRLS]

View PostJohn-berg1995, on 07 June 2019 - 11:44 AM, said:

Good players don't bounce lol 

Also you just said it's overperforming....i keep hearing that over and over again 

"It's op but not that op" 

"It's definitely broken, but only a little"

Then you come in with it over performing but not excessively, 

if it's over performing it deserves a nerf. hense the speed nerf. it can keep it's god like armor and clip, but that in combination with speed is to much 

People complained about the 268v4 because of the same reasons...

Yet the machine has double to potential damage....and is actually faster....with a turret...and gun depression...and armor that may not be as good as the v4 but Is still good enough to bounce even gold shells frontally...

So far with the last 30 days stats, it's pushing the 430U as the best tier X tank. We'll have to see how it looks on the next monthly stats update. It's trending as pretty dang OP.

The E25 was built for Shenanigans

f1mitku #42 Posted 14 June 2019 - 05:45 AM

Major

• Players
  • 46085 battles

Being close to the top in the list doesn't mean it's OP or needs nerf. Even if all tanks have equal specs some of them would have better stats in the list than the others. Just look the difference in stats in the list between various reskins of a same tanks.

The tank is OK. Not every tank should be trash. 

Don't rush me, I'm waiting for the last moment!

Axelrose93 #43 Posted 14 June 2019 - 05:47 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 23066 battles
  • [SABOT]

View PostTocFanKe4, on 13 June 2019 - 11:43 PM, said:

So far with the last 30 days stats, it's pushing the 430U as the best tier X tank. We'll have to see how it looks on the next monthly stats update. It's trending as pretty dang OP.

I'm finding that the tank is excellent in my hands and my friends as well. Together we kill it often but when I'm done and try other tier 10s or 9s or 8s I see others yolo and die without doing 1k damage. So it really takes some skill at least to do well but eventually people will figure it out.

I will say people can easily negate my presence especially if I'm alone or they yolo me or arty of course. I do find it balanced and really hurts you for mistakes.

Axelrose93 #44 Posted 14 June 2019 - 06:09 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 23066 battles
  • [SABOT]

View Postf1mitku, on 14 June 2019 - 12:45 AM, said:

Being close to the top in the list doesn't mean it's OP or needs nerf. Even if all tanks have equal specs some of them would have better stats in the list than the others. Just look the difference in stats in the list between various reskins of a same tanks.

The tank is OK. Not every tank should be trash. 

Agreed. And it's already listed at 15k battles total...that's people who got it early, who play the game a lot. After awhile more players who are casual and not as good will have the tank meaning those stats are gonna lower so I'd expect it to fall maybe 5% as time progresses.

Wroclaw #45 Posted 14 June 2019 - 07:55 AM

Major

• Players
  • 53774 battles

View PostTocFanKe4, on 14 June 2019 - 04:43 AM, said:

lol theres no way the Machine can carry or survive like the 430U can.

no way. 

M4ntiX #46 Posted 14 June 2019 - 08:28 AM

Major

• Players
  • 27032 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostWroclaw, on 14 June 2019 - 07:55 AM, said:

lol theres no way the Machine can carry or survive like the 430U can.

no way. 

Very scientific approach, I see. Shame there isn't a foot stomping emoji.

Batchat and TVP are famous for their end game carry potential due to two qualities: autoloading gun and speed.

Since the Machine has both, with the addition of workable armor, it makes it a better autoloading medium than any other tank in the game. It's end game carry potential is immense provided you learn how to preserve your hit points. Problem is, people yolo and die in the first stages of battle, never realizing how good the Machine really is.

"4 kids single father 2 boats a plane 3cars and more battles than you."

"Jesus you smegheads are whiny about your Epeens."

Axelrose93 #47 Posted 14 June 2019 - 07:29 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 23066 battles
  • [SABOT]

View PostM4ntiX, on 14 June 2019 - 03:28 AM, said:

Batchat and TVP are famous for their end game carry potential due to two qualities: autoloading gun and speed.

Since the Machine has both, with the addition of workable armor, it makes it a better autoloading medium than any other tank in the game. It's end game carry potential is immense provided you learn how to preserve your hit points. Problem is, people yolo and die in the first stages of battle, never realizing how good the Machine really is.

Exactly what I see, you have to play very conservative and with the team until you find the right opportunity. After playing a few ranked matches it really isn't that OP since alone vs a few you're kinda just gonna get penned from everywhere. It definitely shines in certain situations but again that could be said for all tanks

Wroclaw #48 Posted 14 June 2019 - 10:27 PM

Major

• Players
  • 53774 battles

View PostM4ntiX, on 14 June 2019 - 08:28 AM, said:

so if you hide & dont brawl theres a possibility you will still be alive at the very end. gotcha.

the exact thing the 430U doesnt have to do. the ability to get stuck in & fight to the end is exactly what the soviet mediums excel at. theres no way you can compare the machines ability to do the same, its just not in the same league as the 430U for surviveability.

M4ntiX #49 Posted 14 June 2019 - 11:26 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27032 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostWroclaw, on 14 June 2019 - 10:27 PM, said:

so if you hide & dont brawl theres a possibility you will still be alive at the very end. gotcha.

No mate, you clearly don't get me if you think preserving hit points is about hiding and not participating in the fight.

"4 kids single father 2 boats a plane 3cars and more battles than you."

"Jesus you smegheads are whiny about your Epeens."

Wroclaw #50 Posted 15 June 2019 - 01:14 AM

Major

• Players
  • 53774 battles

the point your trying to argue isnt hard to get.

so far you think the Machine has better mobility than the TVP, & arguing against it not being as good a survivor as the 430U.

!

Axelrose93 #51 Posted 16 June 2019 - 06:10 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 23066 battles
  • [SABOT]

So after ranked battles came out I found myself using it as my main tank for Karelia. Since mobility and the alpha of a clip was the best, the machine does a good balance of everything. I found myself winning enough and getting first place on losses that I made it to grand master in roughly 100 battles. OP I don't think so as I've seen too many people yolo or just make costly mistakes.

Geordie P #52 Posted 16 June 2019 - 05:17 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 22764 battles
I just wish the Chieftain mk6 had a hull that good, I mean it does just not on WoT.
h

Axelrose93 #53 Posted 16 June 2019 - 08:28 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 23066 battles
  • [SABOT]

View PostGeordie P, on 16 June 2019 - 12:17 PM, said:

I just wish the Chieftain mk6 had a hull that good, I mean it does just not on WoT.

Yeah I didn't see that many chieftains at the higher rounds, surprising though. The main contenders for ranked at least this time around were: The Machine, S. Conqueror, 183 & 4005, Bat-Chat, T110E4 and arty (for some reason) I obviously saw more but those were pretty much the main force

higHvOltAgE16kV #54 Posted 02 August 2019 - 03:54 PM

Private

• Players
  • 40866 battles

The Machine is not worth the grind. Weak armor and weak gun. Needs a big buff, Very disappointed

Tempest fox3 #55 Posted 02 August 2019 - 04:11 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 20079 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PosthigHvOltAgE16kV, on 02 August 2019 - 03:54 PM, said:

The Machine is not worth the grind. Weak armor and weak gun. Needs a big buff, Very disappointed

Haha. I can't even. 

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32 - In order obtained

Pit Friend #56 Posted 02 August 2019 - 09:31 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32677 battles
  • [PTATO]

View PostGeordie P, on 16 June 2019 - 12:17 PM, said:

The video on the Chieftain from the Bovington museum says it has effectively 14 inches/355mm of frontal hull armor. It sure as hell doesn't have that in game since I don’t think you can stretch that 85mm of armor that far. 

I asked an EOD man how he dealt with the stress of his job. 

He said he didn’t have any stress. Either he was right or else it became someone else’s problem. 

Ragyoo #57 Posted 03 August 2019 - 04:30 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25142 battles

Hello,

As a machine opponent, I would always feel it needs a nerf until I can count four shots. Then I feel it is good as is.

As a machine owner. I would like to THANK YOU WG FOR PRODUCING SUCH A POWERFUL TONK.

From the bottom of my heart.

At first, while testing the limits of the envelope, yoloed generously left and right on all maps and noticed how small the biggest maps became.

The bestest thing with the machine is being able to fight ubiquitously.

Rush to "that" double bush, unload a barrel, relocate one light to the garage, teleport to the next control position, unload a barrel, relocate a sniper schnitzel to the garage, teleport, unload a barrel, relocate a heavy tank to the garage titillating its bareback,teleport to the Pascucci area and kill the unsuspecting dirty clickers one by one with a hate grin and while remaining unscathed, win.

Now seriously it positively needs an immediate NERF, I'm not qualified to point the area to nerf, but I suspect they will nerf the lasergun and the shear alacrity. In the meantime I'll enjoy every game aboard the unnerfed version of the machine infernale.

alw2001 #58 Posted 04 August 2019 - 09:26 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 12708 battles

View PostAxelrose93, on 31 May 2019 - 06:27 AM, said:

I posted this as a comment in another thread that said the machine needed a nerf but I felt I wrote it in depth and wanted to get everyone else's opinions on how it's performing so far.

So as a player who put the time into grinding out the machine (and with roughly 200 battles played in it both alone, in a platoon and in a platoon of 4 or 5 machines) I have to say that the tank is probably as balanced as it can be. I'll break this down in as much as I can going to each aspect of the tank and please share your experiences and opinion on my statements:

First is the gun. A four shot 100mm at 320 average with a 0.35 accuracy is pretty good to put in damage quickly with the 1.5s inter-shot reload. The alpha and reload are below the T57 Heavy for the four shot clip with the best I could get the reload to be was 25.05s where the T57 was ~22s (Don't own the T57, relied on a friend to tell me this) So looking at the gun alone it's not the best but with the turret armor and maneuverability it makes it competitive. But lets go further down before we group it all together.

The Turret, a Chieftain turret is really nice along with 10deg of depression makes being on ridgelines almost impossible to pen. This is also with the Sharpshooter and the actual Chieftain. Simply put ridgelines make the machine quite a threat but that's not often especially when you look at the subpar viewrange and lacking camo, being out spotted happens quite often to me so I rely on close/medium engagements and have a team as backup.

The Hull, an AMX 50B hull isn't that great. You cannot sidescrape at all because the armor is so thin everything will overmatch above a 90mm gun (almost every tier 10 and 9 has a larger caliber). So with that basically any angle and you lose hp, kinda bad imo except the front where the armor is the best in addition to the 10deg of depression to make that angle even sharper. Reinforcing the statement: ridgelines are the best place for this tank. The tracks don't have the best resistances which i'll combine with the engine next...

The engine: 1200hp is nice along with the 20ish hp/t ratio is pretty nice but getting up to and above 55 is a struggle on most maps. Going uphill you'll slow to about 30ish and downhill you'll fly at 68-71. This is nice to get to position quickly but you're not circling tanks with the paper hull, maybe if someone's alone sure but usually you'll lose hp regardless. Ramming is also an available option thanks to the weight, nice combo with the speed to do a good amount of damage.

Overall I find the tank pretty good playing solo but it needs the support of the team to do well. The reload makes it vulnerable and being alone it could be a death sentence. I've been in games thinking I had support just to empty my clip and find myself alone and dying so it takes a smart player to have good situational awareness and positioning. You really can't just outmaneuver anything with the size and lack of armor. I basically would judge whether or not I could clip something to death, push and dump all four rounds and then point the armor straight at the most immediate threat hoping they don't pen. Being in a platoon makes things easier as the team support is actually there and then being in a squad of four or five machines is a different story entirely...

Being in a squad of two machines you can get off eight shots in 4.5s which totals an average of 2560 damage. You can disintegrate most tanks if you work together and if you add to three or four machines together and you have a rolling death machine just clipping tanks left and right, timing the reloads and baiting shots and just speeding towards tanks really is something quite scary but it's completely comparable to a platoon of Batchat 25t. I mean five 25t, five shots of 390 is 1950 each so it's 9750 alpha. Five machines is 6400 alpha so it's well within the range of being acceptable. It's an arty magnet because it's easy to pen. The average player will have a hard time in the tank.

You forgot to mention that one of the main weakspots of the chieftain turret is mysteriously covered up by a gun mantlet. It is OP, not just for that reason

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users