• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

The GamerZocker #1 Posted 31 May 2019 - 09:30 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 45293 battles
  • [RATM]

Hi community, 

I basically buy and bought prem tanks as crew trainers. My problem is that i don't like my tier 7 FV201 Black edition tank. Black edition tanks have a 70% xp bonus. 

My question is: Can i get the same xp with a normal tier 2 or 3 prem tank who also has a 70% xp bonus like with my FV201 Black ???

Or let me ask this question: Get a tier 2 or 3 tank the same xp like a tier 7 or 8 tank with the same xp bonus ??? It's actually the same question.

I know: Xp earnings depends on how much dmg, assistant dmg, blocked damage and how many kills and tanks spotted you made.

Maybe someone know what I mean. Lol.

Thanks.

RabidSasquatch0 #2 Posted 31 May 2019 - 09:43 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 21256 battles
  • [VYPER]

It's relative.

The shoot answer is no, doing the same level in a tier 2-3 match will not yield the same xp as in a higher tier (with the same modifiers).

Longer answer; tier 2-e matches take significantly less time than a higher tier match, so when you start talking about crew xp/hour, it's a different story.  Black tanks aside (they skew things a bit on console), the "ideal" crew training tier is 4-6.  It's a mix of decent base xp earnings with higher xp scaling on premiums than tier 7 or 8 (if you didn't know, for normal premiums, it's 10% at 8, 20 at 7, 30 at 6, 40 at 5 etc etc.  Silver earnings are all over the place, bur 8's tend to be the best).  But this is ignoring our exceptions.  Past black tanks (and the plethora of other exceptions to this rule) there are also individual tanks on console that have straight crew xp boosts ontop of their base xp boosts.  These would be what I consider the best in the game.  Most of these are multinational crew trainers (makes sense), but for balance reasons don't get silver modifiers (examples are amx chaffee, t34-88, the champion m10 iirc, and a few others).  These are great and some of the best, although I'm not sure of any for the British tech tree in particular (someone might though, feel free to list it).  Finally, there are some (very few) tanks that get a crew xp boosts, but also still keep their silver boosts!  These are probably some of the best premium tanks in the game for return on investment, and include stuff like the king dragon (but not normal type 59), vengeance t25 (but not the unskinned version), hollenhund (not sure about unskin), and probably a few more I'm missing.  Now generally speaking these have slightly lower crew xp boosts (20-40% as opposed to 50 on the multinational tanks), but for their silver bonus I think they are extremely good value (ignoring the king dragon being kinda op and the vengeance t25 being meh).

So tl;Dr?  Sometimes, maybe, tanks is complicated.  I'll edit in a sec with a link that has all these values tabulated, although it's ~1  yearout of date, it still has like 80% of the tanks.

EDIT: http://www.worldoftanksxboxguide.com/PremiumTanks.aspx

The GamerZocker #3 Posted 31 May 2019 - 09:59 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 45293 battles
  • [RATM]

Thank you so much for the long answer and the link :amazed: 

I love it. That is what i was looking for :child::izmena:

Wroclaw #4 Posted 31 May 2019 - 11:29 PM

Major

• Players
  • 57279 battles

View PostThe GamerZocker, on 31 May 2019 - 09:30 PM, said:

Hi community, 

I basically buy and bought prem tanks as crew trainers. My problem is that i don't like my tier 7 FV201 Black edition tank. Black edition tanks have a 70% xp bonus. 

My question is: Can i get the same xp with a normal tier 2 or 3 prem tank who also has a 70% xp bonus like with my FV201 Black ???

Or let me ask this question: Get a tier 2 or 3 tank the same xp like a tier 7 or 8 tank with the same xp bonus ??? It's actually the same question.

outside of the Black Tanks, the premium tank with the best XP bonus is actually a Tier 2 Premium.

but its hard to get a big earning game down at tier 2. if you do manage to have a really good game, your daily x2 amount  will only be similar to an "average" tier 7  or 8 daily x2 game.

the best crew trainer premiums are the Black Tanks . . . . . . . AND the ones that have a separate Crew Bonus. so for crew training theres only about 14 premiums worth owning.

i should mention that every single premium in the game gets a bonus that isnt displayed or stated on any of Wargamings web pages - the Accelerated Crew Training bonus. its ends up being a larger amount of XP than any tank xp bonus - even the Black Tanks. the ACT bonus is 25% of your final XP amount. it goes to your crew, not your tank. you dont see it displayed or advertised in the end-of-match game screens. 

btw, the best Silver earning Premiums are almost all tier 8 Premiums as well.

Edited by Wroclaw, 31 May 2019 - 11:34 PM.

RabidSasquatch0 #5 Posted 01 June 2019 - 12:04 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 21256 battles
  • [VYPER]

View PostWroclaw, on 31 May 2019 - 06:29 PM, said:

i should mention that every single premium in the game gets a bonus that isnt displayed or stated on any of Wargamings web pages - the Accelerated Crew Training bonus. its ends up being a larger amount of XP than any tank xp bonus - even the Black Tanks. the ACT bonus is 25% of your final XP amount. it goes to your crew, not your tank. you dont see it displayed or advertised in the end-of-match game screens. 

just to add, this is true of any "elite" tank (premium or not)- because there are no packages/unlocks on premium tanks, they are elite by default

Albapfalzd3 #6 Posted 03 June 2019 - 03:40 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22986 battles

The Three best "Training" tanks that I am aware of outside the Black additions are the Churchill III, T25 Vengeance and the Hollenhund. The Churchill III while having no Crew XP boost has a whopping 78% XP Boost. That's huge and being at Tier V is in a place where you can have some pretty massive gains.  The Vengeance and Hollenhund have a 50% Crew XP Boost and being at Tier VIII can gain you a large amount of extra XP for your crew. The T-34-88 has a 20% Crew XP boost at Tier VI which is nice but not as nice as the 50% of the Vengeance and Hollenhund. As mentioned, there are some Tier II tanks that have high XP and Crew XP boosters but the XP gains at the low Tiers is so low that it is almost pointless to play there. The Games are so quick with low player count and long Queue times. Stay away. 

Roy

P6X330 #7 Posted 03 June 2019 - 05:46 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 16076 battles
  • [AMXS]

Another competitor in the opinions about "best crew trainer", is the F224 AMX Chaffee;

It has a 70% Xp coefficient, and a 30% Crew Xp coefficient;

I have been using mine intensively to fast track crews to man two Tier X tanks that I am about to purchase, one still to be unlocked.

I have posted a spread sheet with the number of battles versus % training somewhere, so you can check.

Basically, with the Spring Game Bravo double Xp bonus, it takes about 24 Battles to go from 0 to 100% for the first four crew competences using the following:

1st: Mentor

2nd: Brother in Arms

3rd: 6S

4th: whatever.

Then I transfer the crew back to its donor tank.

And keep in mind the AMX Chaffee trains both US AND FR nation's crews.

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users