How low can you go? (aka mm is rigged hehe)

Matchmaking WR Tinfoil

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

M4ntiX #1 Posted 05 June 2019 - 08:18 AM

Major

• Players
  • 28668 battles
  • [JOCO]

Last night of tanking was something special, a true record-breaking exercise in frustration and misery.

How bad, do you think, your WR can get on a single day? 40%? 35%? 30%?? Surely not lower than that? 20%? That would be atrocious, right? Well, as it turns out, it can get much worse than that. :)

Spoiler

But wait. You must be thinking I had to potato and probably caused the team to lose. That's a fair assumption, sadly it wasn't the case. While it is true I was bottom tier most of the time, in most cases were also finishing top of the team with most kills/damage dealt.

Spoiler

But wait. Now you must be thinking I had to be playing solo and had very little influence on the battle outcome. No, I was platooned with 2 very good players. So a platoon of 3 guys who know what they are doing were unable to get a win for 9, consecutive matches. Can it get any worse than that? Is it possible to get into single digits WR? At this stage, we were determined to find out. :)

Spoiler

But wait. Now you must be thinking we should've changed tiers, servers, gameplay style and/or tactics. We have done it all. Switched from EU to NA, went to tier X, tried tier IX... back to tier VIII... Lemming trained with the rest of the team and took a flank by ourselves. Tried to cap the enemy base, tried to defend our own. No dice. Every single time it was a loss. Every, single, time.

At this stage our minds started playing tricks on us, it's very easily done, but don't get succumbed to the voice of unreason. "The game is rigged. How did that shot bounce? Why was that a low roll? How did he pen me? This should've hit, etc." All leading to one conclusion, the game does not want us to win and is rigged. No, it is not. You're just having bad luck. Tough.

By now you must be thinking there is no way it can get any worse than this, right?

Spoiler

Wrong. :D

We managed to get a truly impressive WR that is, by far, the worst I have ever had in the 5 years of playing this game. Normally, I would've quit playing after 3 losses, but because I was platooned with a bunch of good guys and we were still having fun, I decided to keep going.

Moral of the story is this. Hide your tin foil hats and conspiracy theories people, bad spells happen to all of us. Sometimes, there simply isn't much you can do to change the outcome, but that's no reason to hate the game. It's probability, nothing more, nothing less. It happens. You either have to roll with the punches or throw in the towel. Does a bad day change anything in the grand scheme of things? Lol, no. My global WR dropped by 0.02% last night and I couldn't care less about it. I know I will more than make up for it soon enough.

So, is that a record or did you have a WR lower than this? I won a bet with a friend who claimed you can't get into single digits. Obviously you can. :)

PS. I was running a silver boost most of the time, so that must be why we couldn't get a win for the life of us. The matchmaker is so bad, it can't match same tier platoons properly or get the number of vehicles on opposing teams distributed evenly, but it is capable of creating skilled based rosters to make sure you lose when you turn the boosts on. Sure.

PS2. There is hope. All of this is offset by good days, days that we do not remember as we tend to focus on the negatives. That's human nature. Fortunately, numbers do not have feelings.

Spoiler

"4 kids single father 2 boats a plane 3cars and more battles than you."

"Jesus you smegheads are whiny about your Epeens."

DrHorrible4Life #2 Posted 05 June 2019 - 09:31 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 12499 battles
So it was your ISP?

Haukkis #3 Posted 05 June 2019 - 09:44 AM

Major

• Players
  • 33961 battles
I remember my said he played 20 battles, 1 viktory :(

Edited by Haukkis, 07 June 2019 - 12:44 AM.

Fishfood50 #4 Posted 05 June 2019 - 09:57 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 702 battles

Did the seals club back?

Stop spreading misinformation, you should realise that if MM was perfect and both teams were even, in tanks, skills and anything else you wanted to add, this would happen to everyone all the time. Just go try tossing a coin 1000 times and then come back with the longest streaks you get, it won't be 4 or 5 I'll tell you it would be expected mathematically to be 9.29853. But you should expect streaks of 7 by 200 flips. The other day I only lost 1 or 2 games in the first 20, but yesterday I really struggled to get through my doubles, this is just normal, nothing special and it doesn't mater how good or bad you play you'll get long winning and losing streaks.

M4ntiX #5 Posted 05 June 2019 - 10:07 AM

Major

• Players
  • 28668 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostFishfood50, on 05 June 2019 - 09:57 AM, said:

Did the seals club back?

Stop spreading misinformation, you should realise that if MM was perfect and both teams were even, in tanks, skills and anything else you wanted to add, this would happen to everyone all the time. Just go try tossing a coin 1000 times and then come back with the longest streaks you get, it won't be 4 or 5 I'll tell you it would be expected mathematically to be 9.29853. But you should expect streaks of 7 by 200 flips. The other day I only lost 1 or 2 games in the first 20, but yesterday I really struggled to get through my doubles, this is just normal, nothing special and it doesn't mater how good or bad you play you'll get long winning and losing streaks.

Lol. :facepalm:

Still hangovered from last night and can't get thoughts on paper properly or is there another reason for your incoherent and illogical comment?

Is there a message there somewhere or a point you're trying to make? Are you saying your WR is not dependant on your performance? That's nonsense.

Ps. Seals? What seals? :D

M4ntiX #6 Posted 05 June 2019 - 10:32 AM

Major

• Players
  • 28668 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostDrHorrible4Life, on 05 June 2019 - 09:31 AM, said:

So it was your ISP?

Obviously! :D

Already wrote them a complaint letter asking for a refund for the Internet time I have wasted last night. I also told them I will accept a fruit basket as compensation, if a cheque cannot be issued. No tropical fruit though. I have my limits.

Fishfood50 #7 Posted 05 June 2019 - 10:35 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 702 battles

View PostM4ntiX, on 05 June 2019 - 10:07 AM, said:

Lol. :facepalm:

Still hangovered from last night and can't get thoughts on paper properly or is there another reason for your incoherent and illogical comment?

Is there a message there somewhere or a point you're trying to make? Are you saying your WR is not dependant on your performance? That's nonsense.

Ps. Seals? What seals? :D

WR is dependant on your performance, but streaks aren't. Just like coin flips, do enough and you'll get close to 50%, but that doesn't mean you won't start with 10 of 1 in a row. Got the flu, but didn't think it was that hard to understand.

M4ntiX #8 Posted 05 June 2019 - 10:48 AM

Major

• Players
  • 28668 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostFishfood50, on 05 June 2019 - 10:35 AM, said:

WR is dependant on your performance, but streaks aren't. Just like coin flips, do enough and you'll get close to 50%, but that doesn't mean you won't start with 10 of 1 in a row. Got the flu, but didn't think it was that hard to understand.

If your WR depends on your performance, so do the streaks. Sorry but your coin toss analogy has no place here as in that experiment you don't have inflluence on the inputs, so the outputs remain random. In other words, it would only work if your WR was governed purely by pRNG, which it is not.

Streaks like the one I presented above happen very rarely and daily WR is usually proportional to your performance. Otherwise we would all have a ~50% WR. There is nothing false in my post but you need to remember you are looking at a very small data sample.

Hope you get better soon.

Fishfood50 #9 Posted 05 June 2019 - 11:23 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 702 battles

View PostM4ntiX, on 05 June 2019 - 10:48 AM, said:

If your WR depends on your performance, so do the streaks. Sorry but your coin toss analogy has no place here as in that experiment you don't have inflluence on the inputs, so the outputs remain random. In other words, it would only work if your WR was governed purely by pRNG, which it is not.

Streaks like the one I presented above happen very rarely and daily WR is usually proportional to your performance. Otherwise we would all have a ~50% WR. There is nothing false in my post but you need to remember you are looking at a very small data sample.

Hope you get better soon.

Rubbish, my average WR is about 55% and dailies from WOTINFO are

44/64 = 68.75%

16/31 = 51.61%

31/48 = 64.58%

25/70 = 35.71%

33/62 = 53.23%

60/99 = 60.61%

24/64 = 37.50%

64/113 or 56.64%

57/89 or 64.04%

93/149 or 62.42%

Total for this 10 results (some are multiple days) is 447/789 = 56.65% which is close to my overall average, but I have more "daily" results that fall well out of the expected that within.

Looking at your results in pretty much the same with 5 out of the last 11 results being unexpected if your performance dictates results like you claim.

M4ntiX #10 Posted 05 June 2019 - 11:31 AM

Major

• Players
  • 28668 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostFishfood50, on 05 June 2019 - 11:23 AM, said:

Rubbish, my average WR is about 55% and dailies from WOTINFO are

44/64 = 68.75%

16/31 = 51.61%

31/48 = 64.58%

25/70 = 35.71%

33/62 = 53.23%

60/99 = 60.61%

24/64 = 37.50%

64/113 or 56.64%

57/89 or 64.04%

93/149 or 62.42%

Total for this 10 results (some are multiple days) is 447/789 = 56.65% which is close to my overall average, but I have more "daily" results that fall well out of the expected that within.

Looking at your results in pretty much the same with 5 out of the last 11 results being unexpected if your performance dictates results like you claim.

Look at my recents. There isn't a day I would fall below 53% apart from one potato day back in October and the vast majority is around the 60% mark. Dispute it as much as you like, but those are the facts. Maybe I'm simply having an exceptionally good 'streak.' :teethhappy:

SILVRCAT #11 Posted 05 June 2019 - 11:37 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 30336 battles

View PostFishfood50, on 05 June 2019 - 09:57 AM, said:

Did the seals club back?

+1

Op did very bad while playing solo, but extremely well while platooned?  :facepalm:      Maybe we all need good team mates then.

M4ntiX #12 Posted 05 June 2019 - 11:41 AM

Major

• Players
  • 28668 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostSILVRCAT, on 05 June 2019 - 11:37 AM, said:

+1

Op did very bad while playing solo, but extremely well while platooned?  :facepalm:      Maybe we all need good team mates then.

Something clearly got lost in translation. What are you talking about? Lol. I was in a platoon. Did you even read what I wrote? Clearly not. Maybe you're the alt account?

Joco3000 #13 Posted 05 June 2019 - 11:59 AM

Major

• Players
  • 26499 battles
  • [JOCO]
I've had solo play sessions where I barely win a single game (like last night, which wasn't the best for me), and play sessions where losing is difficult (a few days ago).

It just happens.

Thanks for dragging my W/L down last night!

You can PM with with questions, if you wish. I don't bite.

Compilation thread of my ideas

M4ntiX #14 Posted 05 June 2019 - 12:01 PM

Major

• Players
  • 28668 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostJoco3000, on 05 June 2019 - 11:59 AM, said:

(...) Thanks for dragging my W/L down last night!

Blame my ISP!

:trollface:

SILVRCAT #15 Posted 05 June 2019 - 12:12 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 30336 battles

View PostM4ntiX, on 05 June 2019 - 11:41 AM, said:

Something clearly got lost in translation. What are you talking about? Lol. I was in a platoon. Did you even read what I wrote? Clearly not. Maybe you're the alt account?

Alt account  :trollface: sure. Go find my initial one then, report back when you do.

You should’ve specified that you where playing with Joco and his caliber of player. No wonder you did well.

Big Daddy Fried #16 Posted 05 June 2019 - 12:53 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 44045 battles
  • [BCA]

I had a similar night of tanks last night. Had 2 wins in 18 games for a 11% win rate. I didn't switch servers, but I did take an extended break to play ships. I didn't play particularly well, but I would expect my team mates to carry me for at least a few of those games.

I obviously don't have any "scientific" proof, but the swings in daily win rate just seem to be getting wider and wider.

Today isn't starting out any better. I believe I'm 1-5 at the moment.

Edited by Big Daddy Fried, 05 June 2019 - 08:12 PM.

im_balthazur #17 Posted 05 June 2019 - 01:23 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 39179 battles
  • [DODTR]

WR means your TEAM did good or bad. Has nothing to do with individuals. 

PS... MM is broken beyond repair. Scrap it. Go w/ 9 and 10, 7 and 8... etc. 

westmech #18 Posted 05 June 2019 - 02:01 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13733 battles
  • [-NA-]
I'm in my worst win rate slump in 3 years. Its demoralizing as hell. Funny thing is I looked at my recent performance statistics (weekly and monthly),and they are almost the same except for win rate. Watching five guys evaporate in the first minute of the match is getting old though. People not knowing how to play maps at tiers 9 and 10 is getting old too. You can tell morons that never playing high tier are playing high tier to get the contracts done. Good job WG! Way to [edited]your own game up.

Spexinator25 #19 Posted 05 June 2019 - 03:02 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 69600 battles
  • [KRZ8]

This game is so broken,no wonder playerbase has left.

Manipulating tanks to keep players at a certain win rate is called game rigging...Why bother playing when every one of my tanks are total garbage, because of their influence on the game by RNG,horrible MM,and the dont win to much attitude they have...

kromhout55 #20 Posted 05 June 2019 - 03:35 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 34933 battles

Well Consol certainly know how to spoil a day off from work.

I thought I would take the opportunity to get stuck into the latest round of the Spring Op and see how I would get on.

Well it's been miserable to say the very least. Bottom tier in every match I have played so far, not even middle tier, with two only matches where we were all the same tier.

Kack MM that would make the greatest "Git Gudder" on here quake in their boots when they see the team line ups the MM has thrown together.

With RNG just laughing, whilst giving me the finger everytime I fired. I'm beginning to think that Consol is supplying the Friendly team with sub-standard ammo from the amount of low rolls, bouncing and missed rounds I have had to endure today.

Then to just rub it in we have the garage spawn bug, where you have to go scrolling around your garage slots to find the last tank you just got one shot ammo racked in. Oh yes I've had more than my fair share of those today. Along with fires and turret jammed just as you are about to fire the kill shot.

The only game I enjoyed today wasn't even one of the very rare victories but a defeat on South Coast. I managed to keep an E100 tracked, actually did it eleven times to him, whilst he was squaring up to one of our E100s. Who whittled the Opposition E100 down to 37 HPs. When Bang! my shot from my FV4202P actually pentrated the rear of the Red E100 taking him out. So I got a kill for doing 37HP damage. Which just about sums up my luck today.

The nice thing about it was I got a "Thank U" from our E100 driver after the match was over.

So I suppose one ray of sunshine amongst the dark clouds of today's play. :)

Also tagged with Matchmaking, WR, Tinfoil

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users