Jump to content


Can we ever expect buffs to the underperforming Chinese tanks?

china balance

  • Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

donny007-THX #41 Posted 08 June 2019 - 11:19 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 22905 battles
  • 2,649
  • Member since:
    12-18-2017

View PostSalty_Tanker, on 08 June 2019 - 02:42 PM, said:

 

  Block damage with your ammunition rack :trollface:

 

Actually I only had a 3 skill crew to put in this thing, the 4th earned today was Safe Stowage.  Given the forum posts about how rack a delic it is that seemed to be a good one to put on.  

 

Decided to put it in the shed until the crew is trained to 6 skills.  I am not doing so good in dis one Bra


When a man with a .45 meets a man with a rifle, you said, the man with a pistol's a dead man. Let's see if that's true. Go ahead, load up and shoot.

AnonymousHobo69 #42 Posted 08 June 2019 - 11:22 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 39747 battles
  • 4,525
  • [-L7-]
  • Member since:
    07-19-2013

View Postdonny007-THX, on 08 June 2019 - 05:19 PM, said:

 

 

If you're not doing well, then it's not really a bad thing, as it only highlights the much needed buffs that many tanks in the line need.

Wroclaw #43 Posted 08 June 2019 - 11:41 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 56688 battles
  • 4,649
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

View PostSalty_Tanker, on 07 June 2019 - 05:27 PM, said:

Type T-34 is the highlight of the Chinese tech tree .  

 

wouldnt it be the 59-16 ?

John Arrowsmith #44 Posted 09 June 2019 - 12:15 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 78514 battles
  • 15,920
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

View PostSalty_Tanker, on 07 June 2019 - 05:27 PM, said:

Type T-34 is the highlight of the Chinese tech tree .  

 

View PostWroclaw, on 08 June 2019 - 11:41 PM, said:

 

wouldnt it be the 59-16 ?

 

The tt has a few gems  amongst it.

World of tanks Auto lock edition,  because aiming shouldn't be a skill.

 

 

 


John-berg1995 #45 Posted 09 June 2019 - 01:27 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 12589 battles
  • 2,790
  • [CIA]
  • Member since:
    12-05-2015

They don't buff tanks based on individual combat characteristics, ie turret armor. Gun depression, accuracy they buff and nerf tanks based on how well the community is doing with them. Hense why the 113 and stb-1 got nerfed a couple patches back. It was because it's win rate / damaged caused was starting to get to high. (mainly because only super unis / very good players are playing them)

so when looking at the 121 and 430U
One tank is played by a tiny portion of players while one is played by a huge population of players , to wargaming. They both look balanced because the win rate and damaged caused is roughly the same.

Even though the 430U is a far better tank it's played by potatoes that being it's stats down drastically, and the 121 is mainly played by good players. thus is stats are being over inflated , hense why they have yet to buff the Chinese 121

According to them the tank is doing just fine. They don't care how crappy the tank is to play. All they care about is that it's win rate is roughly on par with other tanks

Which is a horrible way to balance tanks in this game.

 

I support buffing the 121 please make it happen already. 



Haukkis #46 Posted 09 June 2019 - 12:24 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 34266 battles
  • 3,022
  • Member since:
    08-05-2015

View PostAnonymousHobo69, on 08 June 2019 - 08:56 PM, said:

 

 

The 113 is relatively playable, just not very good compared to other tier 10 heavies. 113 upper plate is complete butter, you can only bounce with your turret reliably. 5A is a much better tank overall.

 

113's upper plate is suprisingly strong (around 280-290 effective armor) but it's lower plate is butter.

Pit Friend #47 Posted 09 June 2019 - 02:14 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 33430 battles
  • 18,487
  • [PTATO]
  • Member since:
    07-14-2014

View PostAnonymousHobo69, on 08 June 2019 - 06:16 PM, said:

 

It's already been a very long time since the WZ-132-1 and 121 have been worst in class.

 

But they just recently said the WZ-132-1 is performing well!  The spreadsheets couldn’t be wrong could they? :ohmy:

When the nice guy loses his patience the devil shivers. 


AnonymousHobo69 #48 Posted 09 June 2019 - 05:16 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 39747 battles
  • 4,525
  • [-L7-]
  • Member since:
    07-19-2013

View PostHaukkis, on 09 June 2019 - 06:24 AM, said:

 

113's upper plate is suprisingly strong (around 280-290 effective armor) but it's lower plate is butter.

 

No, it's about 250-260 head-on. I was able to pen it with 430 U AP at a flat angle, T57 Heavies can pen it with AP (I've been on both sides), and basically all other tanks with 250+ standard pen can go through the upper plate. In addition, since it's sloped at a very steep angle, if you have a shot from a higher elevation, the upper plate becomes MUCH weaker, more around 200-220mm from ~10 degrees above. And yes, the lower plate is also butter.

View PostPit Friend, on 09 June 2019 - 08:14 AM, said:

 

But they just recently said the WZ-132-1 is performing well!  The spreadsheets couldn’t be wrong could they? :ohmy:

 

I don't know if the ~100 people who've played even a single battle in it this past week would agree with you :P

Haukkis #49 Posted 10 June 2019 - 02:59 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 34266 battles
  • 3,022
  • Member since:
    08-05-2015

View PostAnonymousHobo69, on 09 June 2019 - 06:16 PM, said:

 

No, it's about 250-260 head-on. I was able to pen it with 430 U AP at a flat angle, T57 Heavies can pen it with AP (I've been on both sides), and basically all other tanks with 250+ standard pen can go through the upper plate. In addition, since it's sloped at a very steep angle, if you have a shot from a higher elevation, the upper plate becomes MUCH weaker, more around 200-220mm from ~10 degrees above. And yes, the lower plate is also butter.

 

I don't know if the ~100 people who've played even a single battle in it this past week would agree with you :P

I remember one situation when I was playing with my Jagpanzer E-100 and I shot 113's upper plate and it bounced... 



AnonymousHobo69 #50 Posted 10 June 2019 - 03:01 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 39747 battles
  • 4,525
  • [-L7-]
  • Member since:
    07-19-2013

View PostHaukkis, on 10 June 2019 - 08:59 AM, said:

I remember one situation when I was playing with my Jagpanzer E-100 and I shot 113's upper plate and it bounced... 

 

Then you made a poor shot :P

donny007-THX #51 Posted 10 June 2019 - 03:04 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 22905 battles
  • 2,649
  • Member since:
    12-18-2017

View PostHaukkis, on 10 June 2019 - 06:59 AM, said:

I remember one situation when I was playing with my Jagpanzer E-100 and I shot 113's upper plate and it bounced... 

 

On Ensk yesterday a T110 E4 took a shot at my 113 and it bounced......I was angled and had my fingers crossed.  :ohmy:
When a man with a .45 meets a man with a rifle, you said, the man with a pistol's a dead man. Let's see if that's true. Go ahead, load up and shoot.

John-berg1995 #52 Posted 10 June 2019 - 03:24 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 12589 battles
  • 2,790
  • [CIA]
  • Member since:
    12-05-2015

View PostAnonymousHobo69, on 09 June 2019 - 05:16 PM, said:

 

No, it's about 250-260 head-on. I was able to pen it with 430 U AP at a flat angle, T57 Heavies can pen it with AP (I've been on both sides), and basically all other tanks with 250+ standard pen can go through the upper plate. In addition, since it's sloped at a very steep angle, if you have a shot from a higher elevation, the upper plate becomes MUCH weaker, more around 200-220mm from ~10 degrees above. And yes, the lower plate is also butter.

 

I don't know if the ~100 people who've played even a single battle in it this past week would agree with you :P

Actually no it's more like 235-240 no idea where anyone got 290 or 260 from. 



FBPrime #53 Posted 11 June 2019 - 01:54 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 49862 battles
  • 1,303
  • [-L7-]
  • Member since:
    08-13-2013

View PostHaukkis, on 09 June 2019 - 07:24 AM, said:

 

113's upper plate is suprisingly strong (around 280-290 effective armor) but it's lower plate is butter.

 

Its around 260 effective if you are level with its gun.

"The 360 was released in 2005. The Super Nintendo was released in 1991. With the new Gen next year, the 360 will be farther behind the newest console than the Super Nintendo was behind the 360."


El Materdor43 #54 Posted 11 June 2019 - 02:30 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 33118 battles
  • 8,803
  • [HACKS]
  • Member since:
    03-02-2014

View PostAnonymousHobo69, on 07 June 2019 - 11:49 AM, said:

 

Probably. I'm seeing Chinese tier 10s more and more now, so hopefully these tanks start getting proper buffs when non unis start playing them.

 

Non-Uni checking in.  I'll start playing my 121 more to help bring the numbers more in line.  113 as well

   

 

                                                                                                                                               

                                                                                                                 

 


AnonymousHobo69 #55 Posted 11 June 2019 - 04:29 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 39747 battles
  • 4,525
  • [-L7-]
  • Member since:
    07-19-2013

View PostEl Materdor43, on 10 June 2019 - 08:30 PM, said:

 

Non-Uni checking in.  I'll start playing my 121 more to help bring the numbers more in line.  113 as well

 

Godspeed, lay those eggs :P

FBPrime #56 Posted 11 June 2019 - 05:01 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 49862 battles
  • 1,303
  • [-L7-]
  • Member since:
    08-13-2013

View PostAnonymousHobo69, on 10 June 2019 - 11:29 PM, said:

 

Godspeed, lay those eggs :P

 

Perhaps some 5 man swimming platoons are in order.

"The 360 was released in 2005. The Super Nintendo was released in 1991. With the new Gen next year, the 360 will be farther behind the newest console than the Super Nintendo was behind the 360."


scwirpeo #57 Posted 11 June 2019 - 06:16 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 40640 battles
  • 11,193
  • [CRY]
  • Member since:
    02-14-2014

View PostJohn-berg1995, on 08 June 2019 - 06:27 PM, said:

They don't buff tanks based on individual combat characteristics, ie turret armor. Gun depression, accuracy they buff and nerf tanks based on how well the community is doing with them. Hense why the 113 and stb-1 got nerfed a couple patches back. It was because it's win rate / damaged caused was starting to get to high. (mainly because only super unis / very good players are playing them)

so when looking at the 121 and 430U
One tank is played by a tiny portion of players while one is played by a huge population of players , to wargaming. They both look balanced because the win rate and damaged caused is roughly the same.

Even though the 430U is a far better tank it's played by potatoes that being it's stats down drastically, and the 121 is mainly played by good players. thus is stats are being over inflated , hense why they have yet to buff the Chinese 121

According to them the tank is doing just fine. They don't care how crappy the tank is to play. All they care about is that it's win rate is roughly on par with other tanks

Which is a horrible way to balance tanks in this game.

 

I support buffing the 121 please make it happen already. 

 

You need to big brain think like WG. You don't have to worry about how horrible it is to actually play a tank if you never actually play any tanks at all.

 

:great:​ Use big brain thinking like that and you too can grasp the ability to poorly balance a game that already has a balance roadmap for every update before you even start working on a tank.


MOEs so I can pretend like they matter

Spoiler

 


Schiavoser #58 Posted 03 July 2019 - 03:04 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 38178 battles
  • 968
  • Member since:
    09-21-2016

Bumping this topic, just in case WGC is considering balance changes. 

 

121 appears to have 5 degrees of depression on PC, so it would not be out of this world to apply that to console version of 121. It's a potentially fun tank to play -- I agree with the OP that the lack of depression makes it more frustrating than fun most of the time. 

 

WZ-120 was a brutal grind. It takes a long, long time to unlock that top package with the 122mm. And when one does unlock it, that awful 3.5 degrees of depression is a sad surprise. If WGC buffs the 121, the same 5 degrees should apply to the WZ-120 with top package.

 

The T-34-2 (with the 122mm) is a tank I enjoy playing despite the fact that I don't actually perform very well in it. Maybe I'm a masochist, but it's just a fun challenge. That big boom is gratifying when I roll high, and the mobility and decent turret armor makes it unique. Personally, I'm ok with it if it remains as is and as challenging to play. But, Chinese mediums aren't very popular. Tier VIII is probably where a lot of players get burnt out on the grind. Even though the T-34-2 got a small dispersion buff in recent update, it could probably use a little more love. Perhaps a slight RAF buff.



Teffisk #59 Posted 03 July 2019 - 03:18 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 23721 battles
  • 1,716
  • [-L7-]
  • Member since:
    10-14-2015

View Postscwirpeo, on 11 June 2019 - 06:16 AM, said:

 

You need to big brain think like WG. You don't have to worry about how horrible it is to actually play a tank if you never actually play any tanks at all.

 

:great:​ Use big brain thinking like that and you too can grasp the ability to poorly balance a game that already has a balance roadmap for every update before you even start working on a tank.

:D this made me actually laugh out loud. Spot on. The fact that they nerfed the 113, unnerfed it right away, then buffed it means they don't have any confidence in how they actually analyze and implement tank balance.

 

I would love to see a proper tank rebalance, but I'm frightened at the thought of some stranger who's never played the game making rash changes. 



Dr__Jag #60 Posted 03 July 2019 - 03:18 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 21489 battles
  • 621
  • Member since:
    12-04-2015

View PostBrogueOne, on 07 June 2019 - 11:09 AM, said:

Some of the Chinese tanks got buffs in 4.10

 

View PostTheOnlyTrueNoob, on 07 June 2019 - 11:16 AM, said:

 

The 113 got a single buff in a stat it didn’t really need, the 110 got its stock guns buffed and the T-34-2 was buffed but still remains a completely outclassed tank by nearly all the other tier 8 mediums.

 

Wow, what a set of buffs..

 

lol rekt





Also tagged with china, balance

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users