Jump to content


Favorite Tank : Charioteer


  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

cheatlIwin #1 Posted 08 June 2019 - 01:21 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 34250 battles
  • 137
  • [ODH]
  • Member since:
    12-16-2015

 

Sniping is Boring



MegaHesh #2 Posted 06 July 2019 - 04:34 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 23361 battles
  • 2,670
  • Member since:
    01-23-2016
an awful tank, everything is bad, beside mobility
WOT-чат без банов и тертых постов: https://discord.gg/PyMc4gg

Koncorde #3 Posted 06 July 2019 - 05:11 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 25007 battles
  • 1,752
  • Member since:
    06-08-2014
Are you joking?

I mean that gun is the greatest thing at its tier in the game probably. Combining significant alpha with amazing pen, and then hilarious HESH.

Pity it won't see 6's anymore, as it was a potential 1 shot monster with that reload making up for the low alpha compared to the Borsig.

HomicidalApple0 #4 Posted 06 July 2019 - 05:47 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 2919 battles
  • 964
  • Member since:
    12-25-2018

View PostMegaHesh, on 06 July 2019 - 04:34 PM, said:

an awful tank, everything is bad, beside mobility

That would be like saying the skorpian G is a bad tank.... the charioteer has an amazing gun. Sure the vindicator is a crap tank and same can be said of a charioteer before the top gun. But with that top gun it’s a nasty tier 8 TD



MegaHesh #5 Posted 07 July 2019 - 11:44 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 23361 battles
  • 2,670
  • Member since:
    01-23-2016

wot?

this top gun aims for ages, bad stabilization, the tank is useless for support tasks (fire one round - receive two), works only from distance when almost all your team is already eliminated).

 

jpanther II is the real td!

 

the entire british line is [edited]beside the three X tanks, deathstar and badger and probably 4005.


Edited by MegaHesh, 07 July 2019 - 12:08 PM.

WOT-чат без банов и тертых постов: https://discord.gg/PyMc4gg

Funktastic Ed #6 Posted 07 July 2019 - 12:42 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 18996 battles
  • 700
  • Member since:
    11-21-2014

The best tier VIII TD, even better than the Borsig.

The gun is the main feature i'm looking at before grinding a tank, and this one is definitely a keeper.

 

P.S i know now why i have hard time obtaining my second MOE.


Edited by Funktastic Ed, 07 July 2019 - 12:51 PM.

"Idiots dare everything, that's how you really know they are."

Koncorde #7 Posted 07 July 2019 - 02:06 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 25007 battles
  • 1,752
  • Member since:
    06-08-2014

View PostMegaHesh, on 07 July 2019 - 11:44 AM, said:

wot?

this top gun aims for ages, bad stabilization, the tank is useless for support tasks (fire one round - receive two), works only from distance when almost all your team is already eliminated).

 

jpanther II is the real td!

 

the entire british line is [edited]beside the three X tanks, deathstar and badger and probably 4005.

 

The Jpanther, for the record, has worse accuracy and the same aim time, and lower pen, with a lower rate of fire.

 

The bloom on the Charioteers gun when it is at full flight is less than stellar (same with the Challenger before it) and it helps to pre aim your turret because of its slow traverse, but just like the Hellcat it's potency is when you stop. At that point the aim is actually better than almost any tank outside the British heavy TD line, and the equal of most Brit tanks in the medium and heavy line with comparable aim time (2.3 which is similar to the 20lb, 32lb, and is the same gun as on the 7/1).

 

Everyone knows the Brit heavy TD line is punishment for the Deathstar, but the fast TD line is very competitive at every step. Between the 17lb'er on the Achilles and Firefly, the new 32lb upgrade for the Challenger the 6's and 7's are probably slightly behind the Hellcat and Jackson for overall effectiveness because of that 90mm gun, but the Charioteer is streets ahead of pretty much anything else for its mix of speed, camo, and two solid gun options (the 20lb on that chassis should really be a 7, but it's far from being the worst option). The Conway can feel a bit of a step back as it's a bit of a fat Centurion.

 

At close to 6 rounds a minute will not trade at a 1 for 2 rate with anything, other than the low alpha tier 7 guns that are carried by a few 8's before fully upgraded, or French lights.

 

Its biggest weakness is the low hitpoint total, effectively making the tank a 3 and done for a lot of tier 8's (two with a Borsig).



Funktastic Ed #8 Posted 07 July 2019 - 03:48 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 18996 battles
  • 700
  • Member since:
    11-21-2014

View PostKoncorde, on 07 July 2019 - 02:06 PM, said:

 

The Jpanther, for the record, has worse accuracy and the same aim time, and lower pen, with a lower rate of fire.

 

The bloom on the Charioteers gun when it is at full flight is less than stellar (same with the Challenger before it) and it helps to pre aim your turret because of its slow traverse, but just like the Hellcat it's potency is when you stop. At that point the aim is actually better than almost any tank outside the British heavy TD line, and the equal of most Brit tanks in the medium and heavy line with comparable aim time (2.3 which is similar to the 20lb, 32lb, and is the same gun as on the 7/1).

 

Everyone knows the Brit heavy TD line is punishment for the Deathstar, but the fast TD line is very competitive at every step. Between the 17lb'er on the Achilles and Firefly, the new 32lb upgrade for the Challenger the 6's and 7's are probably slightly behind the Hellcat and Jackson for overall effectiveness because of that 90mm gun, but the Charioteer is streets ahead of pretty much anything else for its mix of speed, camo, and two solid gun options (the 20lb on that chassis should really be a 7, but it's far from being the worst option). The Conway can feel a bit of a step back as it's a bit of a fat Centurion.

 

At close to 6 rounds a minute will not trade at a 1 for 2 rate with anything, other than the low alpha tier 7 guns that are carried by a few 8's before fully upgraded, or French lights.

 

Its biggest weakness is the low hitpoint total, effectively making the tank a 3 and done for a lot of tier 8's (two with a Borsig).

 

Even the Archer is great, i don't understand those who dislike it, it uses the 17 pounder barrel at tier V !

The Archer is the most Deadly early TD, if you play sneaky it's massacre time, you can kill a whole pack very fast.


"Idiots dare everything, that's how you really know they are."

MegaHesh #9 Posted 10 July 2019 - 12:33 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 23361 battles
  • 2,670
  • Member since:
    01-23-2016

again, very bad gun, bad hp pool, bad camo

almost each 8 tier td is better than charioter


WOT-чат без банов и тертых постов: https://discord.gg/PyMc4gg

Funktastic Ed #10 Posted 10 July 2019 - 01:27 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 18996 battles
  • 700
  • Member since:
    11-21-2014

View PostMegaHesh, on 10 July 2019 - 12:33 PM, said:

again, very bad gun, bad hp pool, bad camo

almost each 8 tier td is better than charioter

 

ISU 152 top package : 0.41m of accuracy, 3,40s aiming time (so when you are ready they're all gone), traverse 18°/s (impossible close defense), 340m of view range (so everyone sees you first) no effective armor (80mm at tier VIII means no armor) and bad gun depression (5°, so no hill fight), now that is what painfull means, compared to that Charioteer is gold.

Edited by Funktastic Ed, 10 July 2019 - 01:32 PM.

"Idiots dare everything, that's how you really know they are."

MegaHesh #11 Posted 10 July 2019 - 02:08 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 23361 battles
  • 2,670
  • Member since:
    01-23-2016

View PostFunktastic Ed, on 10 July 2019 - 01:27 PM, said:

 

ISU 152 top package : 0.41m of accuracy, 3,40s aiming time (so when you are ready they're all gone), traverse 18°/s (impossible close defense), 340m of view range (so everyone sees you first) no effective armor (80mm at tier VIII means no armor) and bad gun depression (5°, so no hill fight), now that is what painfull means, compared to that Charioteer is gold.

 

at least is has better stabilization because of non-moving turret

it is impossible to fire quickly half-aimed from charioter on medium/short distance, instead you need to aim fully and receive a return shot always


WOT-чат без банов и тертых постов: https://discord.gg/PyMc4gg

Funktastic Ed #12 Posted 10 July 2019 - 02:54 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 18996 battles
  • 700
  • Member since:
    11-21-2014

View PostMegaHesh, on 10 July 2019 - 02:08 PM, said:

 

at least is has better stabilization because of non-moving turret

it is impossible to fire quickly half-aimed from charioter on medium/short distance, instead you need to aim fully and receive a return shot always

 

It is not supposed to shoot on the move anyway, you can only do it when close, like the guy did in the video, he play sniper the whole game and only attack at the final team rush.


"Idiots dare everything, that's how you really know they are."

MegaHesh #13 Posted 11 July 2019 - 10:32 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 23361 battles
  • 2,670
  • Member since:
    01-23-2016

thanks tank gods, finished and sold it

now here is another <censored>, conway)

the entire brit. line is filled with garbage tanks


WOT-чат без банов и тертых постов: https://discord.gg/PyMc4gg

MegaHesh #14 Posted 11 July 2019 - 10:46 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 23361 battles
  • 2,670
  • Member since:
    01-23-2016

View PostFunktastic Ed, on 10 July 2019 - 02:54 PM, said:

 

It is not supposed to shoot on the move anyway, you can only do it when close, like the guy did in the video, he play sniper the whole game and only attack at the final team rush.

 

this does not work in the current random battlefield, you have to help these idiots who are called allies, 

otherwise you will show big damage numbers, but no wins and thereby low XP for grinding


WOT-чат без банов и тертых постов: https://discord.gg/PyMc4gg

ObzoR #15 Posted 11 July 2019 - 10:57 AM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 15406 battles
  • 66
  • Member since:
    07-29-2015
The stupidity is real with this one ^

BrendenF-99 #16 Posted 11 July 2019 - 11:13 AM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 31795 battles
  • 81
  • [-ALF-]
  • Member since:
    07-07-2016

View PostObzoR, on 11 July 2019 - 10:57 AM, said:

The stupidity is real with this one ^

 

probably mad because he can't have a good game in it, for me the Charioteer is one the best tank in the game at tier 8, even had a 7K damage game in it at tier 10, you just need to shoot at long range as much as possible

MegaHesh #17 Posted 11 July 2019 - 12:48 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 23361 battles
  • 2,670
  • Member since:
    01-23-2016

View PostObzoR, on 11 July 2019 - 10:57 AM, said:

The stupidity is real with this one ^

 

you are one of these allies? )
WOT-чат без банов и тертых постов: https://discord.gg/PyMc4gg

ObzoR #18 Posted 11 July 2019 - 02:56 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 15406 battles
  • 66
  • Member since:
    07-29-2015

View PostMegaHesh, on 11 July 2019 - 12:48 PM, said:

 

you are one of these allies? )

 

You are a below average player, I think you are the problem.

Panthergraf #19 Posted 11 July 2019 - 03:32 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 36902 battles
  • 1,504
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014
Best Tier VIII TD I can think of. Poppin two opfors every game is a blast. I adore the shell velocity.

PLK180W #20 Posted 11 July 2019 - 08:01 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 61 battles
  • 7,625
  • Member since:
    10-29-2014

The Chariot does have its flaws, but it is fast, mobile and has a very good gun.

 

 


Through The Mud And Blood To The Green Fields Beyond




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users