• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Koncorde #21 Posted 13 July 2019 - 10:34 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 24921 battles

View PostMegaHesh, on 10 July 2019 - 02:08 PM, said:

at least is has better stabilization because of non-moving turret

it is impossible to fire quickly half-aimed from charioter on medium/short distance, instead you need to aim fully and receive a return shot always

If you are taking a return shot, you are playing it like a medium and ignoring it's traverse and speed to get into position and fire. Early game you should be at the vanguard of any attack, taking big shots at soft tanks as they jostle for position, then you let the spotting damage accrue when you wait for a chance to either keep firing or roll out and find a flank to get well angled shots in.

Funktastic Ed #22 Posted 13 July 2019 - 10:58 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18996 battles

View PostKoncorde, on 13 July 2019 - 10:34 PM, said:

If you are taking a return shot, you are playing it like a medium and ignoring it's traverse and speed to get into position and fire. Early game you should be at the vanguard of any attack, taking big shots at soft tanks as they jostle for position, then you let the spotting damage accrue when you wait for a chance to either keep firing or roll out and find a flank to get well angled shots in.

What ?

I dont understand the "traverse and speed" part, how does it prevent return shots ?

Don't get fooled by its speed, it is never a good vanguard fighter, Charioteer is Indeed a pure sniper, its speed is for quick relocation and retreat, you can attack but not before the game is cleared, its aiming time and accuracy on the move are way too weak for dog fight.

If you are too close to the front you take the risk of being gang banged by light tanks, and they will humiliate you 100% guarantied.

Edited by Funktastic Ed, 13 July 2019 - 11:03 PM.

"Idiots dare everything, that's how you really know they are."

Koncorde #23 Posted 14 July 2019 - 08:27 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 24921 battles
To explain:

You should be 1. In position before pretty much any other tank in the game (bar lights) and using your camo and view range to be firing before most tanks believe they are truly vulnerable. Move up with the lights, shoot at the first tanks they spot, reap easy damage. You shouldn't see return shots because the opposition aren't even ready to respond and / or are distracted by lights that they have spotted. Knocking out enemy lights at this point is a bonus.

2. Able to use its mobility to adjust to new positions quickly and fire from locations other tanks don't expect a 400alpha gun to be lurking. Your traverse and speed enables you to poke, peak, and quickly adjust your position to keep the gun engaged (compared to a fixed gun or a tank that is based largely around armour such as the T28 Prot). After the initial sweep where you hope to have eliminated a tank by nailing it hard early, you can flex back into a stock sniper position if you want (or are pushed) using its mobility.

3. Use its mobility and speed to change angles against tanks that think they are in a strong position.

In short: you shouldn't be getting shot at because you are either invisible, using unexpected terrain locations, or are engaged from positions where you can quickly relocate.

You don't YOLO, you don't just hide in a passive position until the enemy are on top of you (where you are forced into 1:1 trades), and you don't go gung-ho until you are confident in pre-aiming the gun and using controlled braking to bring your gun into line rapidly before reversing into cover. Any attempt to circle of death is likely to fail.

Mashed #24 Posted 10 August 2019 - 05:23 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 37235 battles
The Charioteer was the only British TD I kept from the tier 10 grinds.

I really like the speed & Cent AX gun at Tier 8.

I got the Vindicator basically free in a bundle, I traded that in though, the 20lb gun is pathetic on a Tier 8 TD.

MashedIT | YouTube | Mixer |

You only help your team mates, because they cannot be shot at, if they are dead.

Koncorde #25 Posted 10 August 2019 - 08:45 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 24921 battles
The 20lb is okay at tier 8, but not with those hitpoints (the Cent I plus other premiums carry it reasonably well). However the Challenger a tier lower is better on that comparison for balance.

furballthegame #26 Posted 22 August 2019 - 11:15 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27411 battles
Love my Vindicator :medal:

Albapfalzd3 #27 Posted 23 August 2019 - 02:49 AM

Major

• Players
  • 22963 battles

This TD in my opinion is one of those rare WOT vehicles that is just good from the start. Even stock this is a very good TD. I haven't unlocked the final package yet but I have heard it is a monster once it has the 105. Looking forward to it.

Roy

wake_the_move #28 Posted 23 August 2019 - 09:32 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11129 battles

View PostHomicidalApple0, on 06 July 2019 - 05:47 PM, said:

That would be like saying the skorpian G is a bad tank.... the charioteer has an amazing gun. Sure the vindicator is a crap tank and same can be said of a charioteer before the top gun. But with that top gun it’s a nasty tier 8 TD

The Charioteer beats the Skorpion in almost every aspect except alpha and gun handling. With the Charioteer you get  10 meters more view range in combination with better camoflague. Also the lower calibre of 105mm helps you to stay hidden compared to the Skorpion‘s 128mm. The APCR fired from the L7A1 have very high velocity with greatly helps when shooting at moving targets, especially when they try tictac.

The Charioteer has lower top speed, but superior power to weight ratio and ground resistances compared to the Skorpion. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users