Non-premium Crew Trainer?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Mahrs #1 Posted 12 June 2019 - 12:26 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5429 battles
When confronted with WG's new money sink, aka: high tier branch splits, which tanks do F2P diehards use for crew training? 

Kaboost #2 Posted 12 June 2019 - 01:19 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 13839 battles
Which ever ones you like and can perform the best in. Preferably a tank that sixth sense isn’t a must have.

Lights tanks need rebalanced(again)

​give them back thier view range and buff traverse speeds

Sadriel Fett #3 Posted 12 June 2019 - 01:22 AM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 25710 battles
  • [JOCO]

Honestly, the best answer is probably going to be which ever one you play best in.  Even if you're playing in a Premium tank, if you're not getting decent XP in your games with it, then it's not doing you any good.  The sites below are pretty good for looking up and sorting which tanks you get the most XP from.  I would use those specific tanks for training up your crews, if you don't want to use Premium tanks.  

https://wot.pythonanywhere.com

http://wotinfo.net/e...layername=mahrs

Hope that helps.

"There's no such thing as "Arty Safe."  You have to play "Arty Aware."  You have to play "SmArty."

P6X330 #4 Posted 12 June 2019 - 02:12 AM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 14381 battles
  • [AMXS]

I would discard the higher Tier tanks, because of the game play and style.

I would most likely select tanks that sees Tier VIII as top Tier, a.k.a. Tier VI would be my choice. You have not specified a nation, so it is difficult to help you. I would personally pick a light tank, because of the versatility. You can get a lot of assist damage by spotting, detection is good too, and you can always piggy back on your team's ability to wreck the enemy team. So you can make the best of everything.

Obviously, you have no armor, so that is going to be something to watch for.

Now if you confirm France as the nation, I would go AMX 12t; I played the 12t back when it was a 6 shells auto-loader. It now only is a 4 shells, but this is a good tank to get a crew together.

Edited by P6X330, 12 June 2019 - 02:16 AM.

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

deadman1921 #5 Posted 12 June 2019 - 02:17 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 25936 battles
  • [-STO-]

View PostP6X330, on 11 June 2019 - 08:12 PM, said:

I would discard the higher Tier tanks, because of the game play and style.

I would most likely select tanks that sees Tier VIII as top Tier, a.k.a. Tier VI would be my choice. You have not specified a nation, so it is difficult to help you. I would personally pick a light tank, because of the versatility. You can get a lot of assist damage by spotting, detection is good too, and you can always piggy back on your team's ability to wreck the enemy team. So you can make the best of everything.

Obviously, you have no armor, so that is going to be something to watch for.

Now if you confirm France as the nation, I would go AMX 12t; I played the 12t back when it was a 6 shells auto-loader. It now only is a 4 shells, but this is a good tank to get a crew together.

12t is fun. Hopefully OP posted in the right section. 

Soldiers of the One/ #GlenIsOurs

Mahrs #6 Posted 14 June 2019 - 07:26 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5429 battles

Right, right, in this case I was referring to the Frenchies.  It might be nice to get a premium, but I missed my offer on the 13-57 and that seems to be that.  I could spend some time with the 12t, I suppose.  In the end, I one marked it before moving to the 13-75, but didn’t spend enough time with it after it “clicked” to fix my WR...so, there’s that.  However, I recall how challenging it was to grind through this tank w/o SS and Camo...I made those two skills my prerequisites before grabbing the 13-75.

I’m on the BC 12t at the moment and enjoying the line - I think I now have SS, Camo, BIA and I’m working on SA. I’ve no doubt I’ll have a robust crew by the time I move to Tier 9...robust enough, anyway.  However, that’s only one line of three accounted for...and I’d like all of them.  Initially, I thought 30B...but, I like the lights so much I might go 13-90 and 13-105 instead.

How do Mercenary tanks work? Do any take French crews?

P6X330 #7 Posted 14 June 2019 - 10:25 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 14381 battles
  • [AMXS]

The 13-57 is not a crew trainer. If you are looking for the one of the best crew trainer overall, you would have to go AMX Chaffee. But let's not get into that.

You said you looked for a non premium crew trainer, and in my opinion, the AMX 12t is the best. It is very versatile, and you can play it in many different manners.

The 13-75 is not as versatile, because you start getting in Tier IX territory, were you will find a lot more challenges.

I specifically recommended a Tier VI for that very reason. True, you will be fighting a lot of premium Tier VIII. But that is part of the fun.

The 13-57 is a one trick pony. You can't really do much unless you are at close range and in "vulture" mode. Yes, when you are in the right place at the right moment, you can ravage. But these moments are sparse, and you spend a lot of the battles waiting to pounce. You cannot even really scout, lacking the necessary acceleration to quickly retreat.

I am not saying the 13-57 is not a fun tank, but it quickly gets boring.

If you are looking to challenge yourself, and build crews at lightning speed, then go AMX Chaffee.

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users