Win ratio keeps staying exactly the same?

wins losses stats draws

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Junokaii #1 Posted 17 June 2019 - 03:24 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 14664 battles

So, I've been in a rut that my wins over losses have remained the same, almost exactly, for months now. Long time ago, when I had only about 5k matches under my belt, I had a solid 450 more wins than losses at that time. Then, for no apparent reason over a period of a month, that number had crashed all the way down to just 150 more wins than loses. Then I got it up to 180 and since then has been stuck a certain amount of wins over losses but has steadily increased with the number of matches overall (with losses going up as well, obviously I hope). Two years later, now that I got 13k matches, it's FINALLY back up to that same number I had years ago. But this time, with my massive jump in overall match numbers, it's given me a worse win ratio. But the curious thing is, I've had 446 more wins than losses exactly, give or take 3 wins/losses, with on occasion winning lots to get close to 460, only to have it crash back down to eventually being 446 again. Two days ago I was close to getting 460, than had an 11 game losing streak to put me back where I was.. and that's kinda how it's been over this passed year. My stats have been at a standstill outside of my k/d ratio which has steadily climbed to about 1.41, which I don't know is 'amazing', but I think it's fairly decent. Anyway, it's caused me EXTREEEEME frustration pretty much getting nowhere on my stats. It kills me that I used to have a 52.5% win ratio for it to be 50.1% now through not necessarily a fault of my own, as unless I get very unlucky at the beginning of the match pretty much, which unfortunately happens to me a lot, I do pretty a pretty decent job of having good results as a comparison of each match. It's not to say I don't have my share of bad matches, but it really has to be a matter of luck because I consider myself a fairly decent player, even if my own paper stats don't seem to reflect that fully.

Anyway I've rambled a lot there, but is there anyone else who has the same issue I have, where no matter if you do god-like or decent that winning just doesn't seem to be up to you and that your stats stay the same?

M4ntiX #2 Posted 17 June 2019 - 03:32 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27798 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostJunokaii, on 17 June 2019 - 03:24 PM, said:

So, I've been in a rut that my wins over losses have remained the same, almost exactly, for months now. Long time ago, when I had only about 5k matches under my belt, I had a solid 450 more wins than losses at that time. Then, for no apparent reason over a period of a month, that number had crashed all the way down to just 150 more wins than loses. Then I got it up to 180 and since then has been stuck a certain amount of wins over losses but has steadily increased with the number of matches overall (with losses going up as well, obviously I hope). Two years later, now that I got 13k matches, it's FINALLY back up to that same number I had years ago. But this time, with my massive jump in overall match numbers, it's given me a worse win ratio. But the curious thing is, I've had 446 more wins than losses exactly, give or take 3 wins/losses, with on occasion winning lots to get close to 460, only to have it crash back down to eventually being 446 again. Two days ago I was close to getting 460, than had an 11 game losing streak to put me back where I was.. and that's kinda how it's been over this passed year. My stats have been at a standstill outside of my k/d ratio which has steadily climbed to about 1.41, which I don't know is 'amazing', but I think it's fairly decent. Anyway, it's caused me EXTREEEEME frustration pretty much getting nowhere on my stats. It kills me that I used to have a 52.5% win ratio for it to be 50.1% now through not necessarily a fault of my own, as unless I get very unlucky at the beginning of the match pretty much, which unfortunately happens to me a lot, I do pretty a pretty decent job of having good results as a comparison of each match. It's not to say I don't have my share of bad matches, but it really has to be a matter of luck because I consider myself a fairly decent player, even if my own paper stats don't seem to reflect that fully.

Anyway I've rambled a lot there, but is there anyone else who has the same issue I have, where no matter if you do god-like or decent that winning just doesn't seem to be up to you and that your stats stay the same?

Sounds like you have reached your WR limit. As time passes and your skill improves, it will climb. I have noticed the same exact thing in my own stats.

Eventually, we will all hit a wall we can't brake though. We all have a WR, K/D and DPG limit. The difference is, some get there faster than others.

Anyways, don't stress over stats. Play for fun and see how that influences your statistics. Good luck. :)

"4 kids single father 2 boats a plane 3cars and more battles than you."

"Jesus you smegheads are whiny about your Epeens."

Junokaii #3 Posted 17 June 2019 - 03:33 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 14664 battles
Excuse me my battles are apparently 14k. My mistake.

Junokaii #4 Posted 17 June 2019 - 03:33 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 14664 battles

View PostM4ntiX, on 17 June 2019 - 03:32 PM, said:

Sounds like you have reached your WR limit. As time passes and your skill improves, it will climb. I have noticed the same exact thing in my own stats.

Eventually, we will all hit a wall we can't brake though. We all have a WR, K/D and DPG limit. The difference is, some get there faster than others.

Anyways, don't stress over stats. Play for fun and see how that influences your statistics. Good luck. :)

Limit? Why there a limit?

Medgar20 #5 Posted 17 June 2019 - 04:21 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27386 battles
  • [ARSES]
Decent K/D, DC/R and reasonably survival % but lower winrate often means someone is playing too passively in the early game, which takes the result away from their control. Looking at your most played tank (ST-I) and comparing to mine you got around 41% survival which is pretty close to mine (45%) but 1.63k damage per game to my 2.27k and 10% less win rate. Some of that is due to luck no doubt, particularly since I only have~150 games in mine so my true win rate is probably lower but overall that would point to too many games where you aren't on the front line quick enough to do the damage early and swing the match your way. Recording games etc would obv help to know if there's something else though :)

Edited by Medgar20, 17 June 2019 - 04:21 PM.

Schiavoser #6 Posted 17 June 2019 - 04:49 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 36642 battles
Watching the winrate and hoping to see noticeable change in the percentage when you have tens of thousands of games played is like watching paint dry. Don't worry about it.

Tempest fox3 #7 Posted 17 June 2019 - 05:01 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 20381 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostM4ntiX, on 17 June 2019 - 03:32 PM, said:

I've noticed the same. My overall win rate will increase for a bit then stagnate for a while then start increasing again rapidly. 

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32 - In order obtained

redshadowrider #8 Posted 17 June 2019 - 05:01 PM

Major

• Players
  • 36570 battles

View PostSchiavoser, on 17 June 2019 - 10:49 AM, said:

Watching the winrate and hoping to see noticeable change in the percentage when you have tens of thousands of games played is like watching paint dry. Don't worry about it.

This^. The higher the game count, the more wins it takes to make a difference.  Where I am would take 100+ wins to make discernible difference.
I'm just saying.....

Pit Friend #9 Posted 17 June 2019 - 11:13 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32918 battles
  • [PTATO]

View Postredshadowrider, on 17 June 2019 - 12:01 PM, said:

This^. The higher the game count, the more wins it takes to make a difference.  Where I am would take 100+ wins to make discernible difference.

This. My win rate hasn’t changed in a year or more. 

Una nox dormienda - You only live once (but classier)

Junokaii #10 Posted 18 June 2019 - 01:37 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 14664 battles

View PostMedgar20, on 17 June 2019 - 04:21 PM, said:

Decent K/D, DC/R and reasonably survival % but lower winrate often means someone is playing too passively in the early game, which takes the result away from their control. Looking at your most played tank (ST-I) and comparing to mine you got around 41% survival which is pretty close to mine (45%) but 1.63k damage per game to my 2.27k and 10% less win rate. Some of that is due to luck no doubt, particularly since I only have~150 games in mine so my true win rate is probably lower but overall that would point to too many games where you aren't on the front line quick enough to do the damage early and swing the match your way. Recording games etc would obv help to know if there's something else though :)

My problem was probably for the first 2k matches easy I was a freaking newb big time. I remember my win rate being in the 40s for a long time etc. So I've already improved a lot, I just don't understand why for no particular reason that my win ratio insists on being exactly 446 more wins than losses and that's it. It always stays at a certain number, then as I play more matches it stays stagnant at a higher number. It used to be 180, then 240, then 330 and somehow I managed to get it up to 446, after having that a long time ago when I had about, I think something like 8k matches when I had 450 more wins than losses for the first time and now it's been about that for months now. It's whatever I guess, I just don't want my stats to reflect a record that feels more rigged than my own fault. If it's my own fault, that's fine. But to keep me stagnant for no reason other than to just do it is a bit of an outrage.

I do play passively somewhat, but I always considered myself too aggressive. Just jumping into the battle right away sorta thing without thinking. I lack damage often because, I'm just incredibly unlucky in some ways. Yesterday, not in my ST-I, but my T-150 (I think my next favourite tank by far) and I was shooting a tank in its lower plate and it wouldn't do damage, was close range and must've bounced a good 3x in a row, after initially doing damage in the first shot. I think the other reason is just cause I don't really switch ammo types, almost ever and I've never shot premium ever, and the reason is just cause I don't wanna get sucked into buying gold any more than I absolutely have to.

I watched some of my replays, but I just dunno how much it'd help outside of maybe helping me learn the maps better, because matches in this game are like a box of chocolates, ya never know what you're gonna get.

Junokaii #11 Posted 18 June 2019 - 01:55 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 14664 battles

View PostSchiavoser, on 17 June 2019 - 04:49 PM, said:

Yeah, I'm starting not to care, but it makes me mad that I had a better record when I was more of a newb than now, win wise anyway, through not much fault of my own. More than ever I carry the team, cause the most damage, have the most kills, something along those lines, but lose. But then I'll have matches where my team is so good that I don't get a chance to do anything, or I'll die at the beginning because I just get unlucky. Recently I finally started doing light tanks, because I decided to go for the achievements on Xbox because, it is like watching paint dry and it's also so incredibly frustrating to constantly be trying your absolute best to win. Okay maybe 15% of my matches I slack, usually due to low morale from an unjustified losing streak. I wasn't joking when I had an 11 game losing streak. Not my longest, my longest was 17 I think, but it was RIGHT after I finally got up to 450 again, won then lost an additional 5 in a row. Usually it doesn't go about 448 anymore. But anyway, I started playing light tanks to go for the achievements, because I've been considering just going for all the achievements then "retiring" from the game. Because, it really has been a long, grueling amount of years where I got so obsessed with winning that I had gotten addicted to the game and it was causing issues in my life. I proceeded to not play for a year, then three years ago started again. But I dunno why I didn't try light tanks fully years ago, cause I rock with them now. Back then I just had no patience for dying whatsoever. But reality is you have a 50/50 chance of winning and, really if you think about it a 1/15 chance of staying alive per match. So the odds are stacked against you from the get go, so just do your best I guess eh?

Edited by Junokaii, 18 June 2019 - 02:03 AM.

Y5O5ER1U5 #12 Posted 18 June 2019 - 02:41 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 26362 battles

View PostJunokaii, on 17 June 2019 - 08:37 PM, said:

I don't wanna get sucked into buying gold any more than I absolutely have to.

You don't have to use gold to pay for premium ammo. There is an option to switch to silver cost. Same with premium consumables.

Dyslexsticks #13 Posted 18 June 2019 - 06:32 AM

Major

• Players
  • 34095 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostY5O5ER1U5, on 18 June 2019 - 02:41 AM, said:

You don't have to use gold to pay for premium ammo. There is an option to switch to silver cost. Same with premium consumables.

Since it's not usually explained very well in game, pressing Y (in PS4's case I'm assuming it's triangle), will change the payment method from gold to silver.

For premium consumables they have to be slotted onto one of the 3 spaces for them before you can change their payment method.

Tooltips at the bottom relating to changing currency will appear when highlighting the relevant things. Keep an eye out.

Did you manage to stand my post? You might like: My Twitter (fixed!)My Xbox to YouTube Guide

SPUK4U #14 Posted 18 June 2019 - 08:54 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 9750 battles

If you want to improve your win rate, you need to actually help team to win more.  You can do it just by increasing damage that you do or starting to make right tactical decisions.  Now ask from yourself a simple question: Do you notice base capture only when you hear the siren or do you notice it minute before siren?  If it's the first one, you are not map aware, you are doing your share in damage, but not increasing team's change to win.  Are you playing with radar? If yes change if to default to minimap or keep glancing that large map more often.  Increasing map awareness increases a change that you are the one that makes right tactical decision that helps team to win.  If you are already making good tactical decisions then it's time to think how you can make more damage. You can't increase skills rapidly, but you can  start spending silver in premium ammo and consumables and increase damage output with help of them.  You can have negative silver battles from time to time, but if it's more wins and total silver flow is still positive side then it's okay.  

Finally, I have to say advice that I got from older player:  :trollface:

Spoiler

- Ask, Observe, Learn and Improve -

JelliedPenny08 #15 Posted 18 June 2019 - 11:14 AM

Major

• Players
  • 15504 battles

So, I've been in a rut that my wins over losses have remained the same, almost exactly, for months now.

But the curious thing is, I've had 446 more wins than losses exactly, give or take 

frustration pretty much getting nowhere on my stats. It kills me that I used to have a 52.5% win ratio for it to be 50.1% now through not necessarily a fault of my own, 

Your stats are pretty similar to mine try looking at www.wotinfo.net

Your current winrate is 51.24%, not 50.1% so you don't need to feel frustrated. Not sure where you got that figure from unless you have thousands of draws. 

WInrate will change slowly as your battle count increases. More battles makes it harder to change your winrate. So at 14k battles you would need 140 straight wins to go up 1%. 

Honestly stop torturing yourself trying to micromanage your winrate. I notice mine changing but not within months because it's a slow process. I don't watch for it though. Don't let stats suck the fun out of the game. Just follow the advice given and try to play smart. The rest will follow. I hope it helps.  :)

Edited by JelliedPenny08, 18 June 2019 - 03:09 PM.

Medgar20 #16 Posted 18 June 2019 - 11:58 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27386 battles
  • [ARSES]

View PostJunokaii, on 18 June 2019 - 01:37 AM, said:

My problem was probably for the first 2k matches easy I was a freaking newb big time. I remember my win rate being in the 40s for a long time etc. So I've already improved a lot, I just don't understand why for no particular reason that my win ratio insists on being exactly 446 more wins than losses and that's it. It always stays at a certain number, then as I play more matches it stays stagnant at a higher number. It used to be 180, then 240, then 330 and somehow I managed to get it up to 446, after having that a long time ago when I had about, I think something like 8k matches when I had 450 more wins than losses for the first time and now it's been about that for months now. It's whatever I guess, I just don't want my stats to reflect a record that feels more rigged than my own fault. If it's my own fault, that's fine. But to keep me stagnant for no reason other than to just do it is a bit of an outrage.

I do play passively somewhat, but I always considered myself too aggressive. Just jumping into the battle right away sorta thing without thinking. I lack damage often because, I'm just incredibly unlucky in some ways. Yesterday, not in my ST-I, but my T-150 (I think my next favourite tank by far) and I was shooting a tank in its lower plate and it wouldn't do damage, was close range and must've bounced a good 3x in a row, after initially doing damage in the first shot. I think the other reason is just cause I don't really switch ammo types, almost ever and I've never shot premium ever, and the reason is just cause I don't wanna get sucked into buying gold any more than I absolutely have to.

I watched some of my replays, but I just dunno how much it'd help outside of maybe helping me learn the maps better, because matches in this game are like a box of chocolates, ya never know what you're gonna get.

It's possible you're too passive in the early game then switch up and go too aggressive later on. I meant post replays here for others to see as it's difficult to tell from text alone what the issues might be. As others have said though, don't worry too much about it, it's just a game, it certainly shouldn't be causing that much distress. One thing to always bear in mind that regardless of how good you play, the vast majority of your outcomes will be outside your control. Even if you were to improve to say 55% wins in the long term, you're talking 4 out of 100 games difference compared to now. 96 of 100 are going to be the same win or loss, which means you'll still see awful losing runs etc. All you can do is try and do stuff like aim better, be more map aware, make better decisions and not worry about everything else. I took a year or so out and I'm definitely playing a lot worse than I used to, but ultimately it's just a game. There are bigger things to be concerned about :)

Shockwave IIC #17 Posted 18 June 2019 - 12:20 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 17773 battles
  • [-PA-]

View PostJunokaii, on 17 June 2019 - 03:33 PM, said:

Limit? Why there a limit?

There is no "Hard Limit" however at a certain point an individuals ability to improve further stops, whether it be because of Hand-Eye cordination, tactical understanding, Eyesight, the inability to absorb more game info or just motivation to prove "Drive" - Something will cause your ability to improve to come to a halt, your "Skill" will plateau.

That's what M4ntix is referring to.

Chaffee ***, M10 Wolverine ***, Hellcat **, Fury **, Easy 8 ***, M6 ***, T29 ***, T71 **, T69 **, Comet I IT34 **, T34 85 ** T150 ***, KV4 **, VK30.01D III III III, VK30.01M III III, VK30.02D III III, Tiger P III III,

http://forum-console...our-average-joe

Bibo1GerUk #18 Posted 18 June 2019 - 03:57 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27350 battles

There is no hard limit per se. There are however differences between people at how skilled they are at different things. You can train 24 hours a day and still never be a good racing driver. There comes a point where one person has to actively concentrate hard about what they are doing, what next to do and when while others just do it instinctively. It isn't just experience i.e number of matches played but also map knowledge, tank capabilities on both teams and so on.

The first thing you should do is stop thinking about your WR. You should be enjoying the game, even with all it's ups and downs.

If you become obsessed with your WR and micro-statistics you're just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Remember, it's just a game!

My little Youtube channel aka YeOldeGamer: https://www.youtube....xVCaFCLg/videos

MilitaryGoose05 #19 Posted 18 June 2019 - 04:18 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 12903 battles

Remember the game is also 'balanced' so that almost all players will have a WR between 48-52%, so that bad players don't get frustrated and quit.

This is the source of all the complaints about rigged MM. Because yes, MM is rigged to keep the bell curve of WR between 48-52, and will manipulate your matches to keep you there if you start doing really well or really badly.

So yes, judge your success by other metrics is the answer.

Afro Palestine #20 Posted 18 June 2019 - 04:58 PM

Major

• Players
  • 56152 battles
  • [HKC]

View PostMilitaryGoose05, on 18 June 2019 - 04:18 PM, said:

Remember the game is also 'balanced' so that almost all players will have a WR between 48-52%, so that bad players don't get frustrated and quit.

This is the source of all the complaints about rigged MM. Because yes, MM is rigged to keep the bell curve of WR between 48-52, and will manipulate your matches to keep you there if you start doing really well or really badly.

So yes, judge your success by other metrics is the answer.

To me this seems odd.  MM doesn't have to be rigged because with enough games played  all are affected by the same odds and chances of team mix. So it would become a bell curve result anyway.  No MM required.

Also working against the suggestion that mm manipulates matches to keep you in the 48 - 52 range is the fact that my average is 56%, after 50k plus games, playing mostly solo.  My WR doesn't budge at all.

Also tagged with wins, losses, stats, draws

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users