Provide advice for using boosts: when? how? which? with what?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

P6X330 #1 Posted 18 June 2019 - 01:41 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 16096 battles
  • [AMXS]

Since I started in July 2017, I have garnered a lot of boosts. All the kinds. From premium tank purchases, and ops.

I have a lot of them in stock, but I realized I don't know how to use them, and with what tank, and for which objective.

When should I engage them? is there a specific time of the day, or a specific day of the week when you get more return?

Of course, I get the basics, credits, Xp, Crew Xp.

So if you want to capitalize on credits, it is best to use a premium tank with a good silver perk. Same goes for Xp and Crew Xp.

Do you have some hard earned experience tips that you want to share? such as don't activate them when you start cold, or anything that you have noticed. When do you stop? losing streak? which Tier is best?

Anything that you think could help on what is best to manage your boosts...

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

IBROX 04 #2 Posted 18 June 2019 - 01:46 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20549 battles
  • [BNKR]
Turtle + x2 silver boosts = 180/200+k silver 

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm

ATHFjman18 #3 Posted 18 June 2019 - 01:47 PM

Major

• Players
  • 18668 battles
  • [JOCO]

I have so many I don’t even care how effectively I use them. 

I use the Silver and Crew XP boosts when running premium tanks and use the XP boosts to get past stock tanks faster or grind past a tank I hate faster. 

Don't worry about crap like time of day, tank tier, win/loss ratio....Just set it and forget it!

xiverisx #4 Posted 18 June 2019 - 02:34 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23452 battles
  • [WEAZL]

Silver boosts - use on most profitable premium tanks you do well + try to combine events which also increases silver earnings

XP boosts - use mostly for finishing/starting tanks grinds and researching top packages + try to combine events which also increases XP earnings

Crew XP boosts - use for training fresh crews to get most important several skills on premium tank

Edited by xiverisx, 18 June 2019 - 02:36 PM.

Just another WoT Console player on XBOX with a little YouTube channel with my recent gameplays: https://www.youtube.com/xiverisx

Bibo1GerUk #5 Posted 18 June 2019 - 03:40 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27896 battles

Use XP boosts for stock grinds or tanks you can't stand any more.

Crew XP boosts for new(er) crews or finishing a skill before moving up or gaining tank mastery.

Just switch them on. We get so many nowadays, just use them. Think of them like Premium Time, fire and forget. If you think too much about them you'll put yourself under pressure to be good and then fail ;)

Remember, it's just a game!

My little Youtube channel aka YeOldeGamer: https://www.youtube....xVCaFCLg/videos

ThermalStone #6 Posted 18 June 2019 - 04:10 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33003 battles
  • [80085]

Silver boosts: These are precious things.  Use on tier 8 premiums only.  Try to have at least one daily 1.25x silver up that's easy (not win based) and premium time from a merc contract if you don't pay for it regularly.  I made nearly 400k yesterday in a Patton KR game when all the silver ops converged at once.

Edit:  if the Monday Payday op that we've seen recently is going to be a regular thing, save your Silver boosts for Mondays.

5x XP:  they seem to have given a bunch of these out lately.  Use for grinding a new tank and crew together.  Once the crew hits 100 percent you can switch to a lesser XP op if you are running out of 5x.

10x crew XP:  use on lower tier premium tanks and trainers when you need to train up 6th sense on a new crew.  If you have a bunch, train up more basic skills before you put the crew in a high tier tank.

Lesser boosts can be used frivilously.  I have so many 2x and 3x XP boosts that I run them on every tank I play until I get my first win bonus.  The important thing is to just play your normal game and not feel pressure because you are using a boost.  What works for me is to just run a bunch of boost games in a row so I don't sweat performance in a single game.

I'm not stealing kills, I'm handing out Confederate medals.

Wakkomaster #7 Posted 18 June 2019 - 04:15 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13969 battles

View PostBibo1GerUk, on 18 June 2019 - 04:40 PM, said:

Just switch them on. We get so many nowadays, just use them. Think of them like Premium Time, fire and forget. If you think too much about them you'll put yourself under pressure to be good and then fail ;)

View PostATHFjman18, on 18 June 2019 - 02:47 PM, said:

Don't worry about crap like time of day, tank tier, win/loss ratio....Just set it and forget it!

I agree :)

I simply load'em and have fun. Following the Law of Large Numbers, if you play a lot of games using boosts you're bound to have both ups and downs, compensating each other.

I prefer to use x4 and x5 XP boosts on the highest-tier tank I'm grinding, best if coupled with the x3 or x2 automatic boosts that come as rewards from the Op, for massive earnings (when the stars align you can get from 15 to 20 thousand xp points in one battle).

When grinding other tanks I use the x2 and x3 XP boosts. For instance last week I was grinding both the Standard B and the AMX M4 45, and I used the x5/x4XP boosts for the former and the x3/x2XP for the latter.

When I'm playing a Premium tank (or, sometime, even an Elite TT Tank) I try to use my CrewXP bonus, the x10 and x8 with crews in dire need of experience to reach Mastery or Sixth Sense as fast as possible, the x4 otherwise. Just be careful with untrained crews, you might have a hard time training one in a high-Tier tank while you might be just fine below Tier V. Just do what you're comfortable with.

If you think you're having a hard time pulling out consistent games in Multiplayer, or if a stock tank is particularly awful, consider a few boosted War Stories to get past the bumps

I usually use silver boosts on high earning premiums (even a CKV1 will do when top tier) when I'm not using CrewXP boosts.

Currently playing World of Tanks on:

Xbox - Wakkomaster

You can also find me on:

Playstation - Wakkopresi

PC - Wakkomaster

Y5O5ER1U5 #8 Posted 18 June 2019 - 08:10 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 26591 battles

I use any xp boosts for starting a stock tank until fully upgraded and try to couple them the x3 ops received from the spring games and only use crew xp boosts for starting a new crew in a premium tank of choice (preferably one you do exceptionally well in)and usually get the 1st 2 skill/perks for them, 6th sense and BIA.

There's no real science to it. If you want to speed things up, then turn them on.

IBROX 04 #9 Posted 18 June 2019 - 08:51 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20549 battles
  • [BNKR]
Sitting on 1339 different types of boosts, sort of hoping they'll give us the option to activate multiple boosts. Waiting for the next event mode to use the x10 and x8 crew boosts. Great for training in the Modes

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm

Kaboost #10 Posted 18 June 2019 - 10:48 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 15375 battles
  • [JOCO]
Made about 5 million silver yesterday running tier 8 premiums with the Monday madness 25% silver and 2x silver ops. Easily netting over 200k on good games, 300-400k on monster games.

Lights tanks need rebalanced(again)

​Update 4.2 and 4.6 were terrible

TennisMan56 #11 Posted 19 June 2019 - 12:11 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31656 battles
  • [STDZ]

View PostThermalStone, on 18 June 2019 - 04:10 PM, said:

Silver boosts: These are precious things.  Use on tier 8 premiums only.  Try to have at least one daily 1.25x silver up that's easy (not win based) and premium time from a merc contract if you don't pay for it regularly.  I made nearly 400k yesterday in a Patton KR game when all the silver ops converged at once.

Edit:  if the Monday Payday op that we've seen recently is going to be a regular thing, save your Silver boosts for Mondays.

5x XP:  they seem to have given a bunch of these out lately.  Use for grinding a new tank and crew together.  Once the crew hits 100 percent you can switch to a lesser XP op if you are running out of 5x.

10x crew XP:  use on lower tier premium tanks and trainers when you need to train up 6th sense on a new crew.  If you have a bunch, train up more basic skills before you put the crew in a high tier tank.

Lesser boosts can be used frivilously.  I have so many 2x and 3x XP boosts that I run them on every tank I play until I get my first win bonus.  The important thing is to just play your normal game and not feel pressure because you are using a boost.  What works for me is to just run a bunch of boost games in a row so I don't sweat performance in a single game.

I also did this last night and finished with 3 million silver. had one bad match and only made 50k but most 120k to 230k as my best.

P6X330 #12 Posted 19 June 2019 - 02:53 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 16096 battles
  • [AMXS]

@touchstone;

It makes sense to use the typical crew boosts and Xp boosts while in the appropriate premium tank. I am fortunate in a way, because I don't have many nation's tanks in my park so I don't have any difficult choices to make.

I am about to complete Spring Bravo, and I am going to have the 2 times XP until the end of the month, which I nice as well.

Then I will train the crews I am missing. All in the AMX Chaffee, since I only need US and FR men. One size fits all.

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

rik242 #13 Posted 16 September 2019 - 08:26 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 7274 battles
Interesting to hear how people play the boosts. With the crew xp boosts I generally keep them for the crews who have the 4 basic skills. So if I have a bunch of x10 crew xp boosts then I use them with the more experienced crews as it's slower to grind the crew xp after the 4 skills. Correct me if Im wrong. For anything below 4 skills then I will use the x4. 

killer etzi0 #14 Posted 16 September 2019 - 08:54 PM

Major

• Players
  • 58940 battles
  • [47R]

when...how...which....what....

never, never, never, and did i mention never?

"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."

Ronald Reagan

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users