Highway is trash now.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

AKalashnikovT #1 Posted 19 June 2019 - 08:00 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15501 battles
  • [ASH]

I know you guys took the time to adjust some of the spawns in maps and highway is by far the worst job you've done so far so congrats on that. The south west spawn will, a majority of the time, lose strictly based off how you have split it's spawn locations. 

Reasons: 

Because you do not differentiate between lights, mediums, heavies, ect when you split the team up, you goat heavies into pushing straight north out of spawn. This deprives the tanks going to the city of heavies it needs in order to push or hold the line. Heavies push straight into an open field where they cannot out spot the lights and TD's that will inevitably pick them apart. 

If, and this is a pretty big IF, the heavies are smart enough to realize that pushing into an open field with little to no cover is a bad idea then they must turn around and push south before going east where there is a very long hill to climb. Again you are depriving the "city crew" of heavies and or mediums required to push into city without getting overwhelmed.

I realize your trying to rebalance the map in order to make the field more of a priority but as the saying goes, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Or if your absolutely stuck on the idea of splitting up the spawns in the south at least put all the heavies in the southern most spawn, more specifically the top tier heavies, into the southern most spawn point. Something, anything is better than what you've come up with. I would wager a guess I haven't won a single game spawning in the south on highway, maybe one, but I'm sure there is somebody there that can punch that in and figure it out.

SteampunkPagan #2 Posted 19 June 2019 - 08:07 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 93769 battles
  • [HDC-R]

I am not a fan of the new spawn points they force tanks to be out of position.

SPP

“Who shot him? I asked. The grey man scratched the back of his neck and said: Somebody with a gun.” ― Dashiell Hammett, Red Harvest

"Arrête! C'est ici l'empire de la Mort"

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

CoolPrawn61 #3 Posted 20 June 2019 - 12:18 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 62688 battles
  • [KGB]

Good point. This map is playing totally different now. All heavy get wiped out trying to cross open field. However southern have the same point. Stay on the hill and don’t cross into town. 

I was in my heavy type 5 with Death Star and heavy heading to town. My situation was ether go to north or town too. However I ask Death Star and other heavy tank to fall back and defend advanced force from town. Death Star returned and heavy not ( he wanted to die alone heroic death in the city). Needless to say I bounced 6k and Death Star did 7.5k damage to advanced enemy force from city. In mean time our muppets on the north somehow pushed through and capped. 

To summarise play it like Erlenberg and your team might win.  

Hex Arcana #4 Posted 27 June 2019 - 08:40 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32140 battles
  • [RTA]

View PostAKalashnikovT, on 19 June 2019 - 08:00 PM, said:

I know you guys took the time to adjust some of the spawns in maps and highway is by far the worst job you've done so far so congrats on that. The south west spawn will, a majority of the time, lose strictly based off how you have split it's spawn locations. 

Reasons: 

Because you do not differentiate between lights, mediums, heavies, ect when you split the team up, you goat heavies into pushing straight north out of spawn. This deprives the tanks going to the city of heavies it needs in order to push or hold the line. Heavies push straight into an open field where they cannot out spot the lights and TD's that will inevitably pick them apart. 

If, and this is a pretty big IF, the heavies are smart enough to realize that pushing into an open field with little to no cover is a bad idea then they must turn around and push south before going east where there is a very long hill to climb. Again you are depriving the "city crew" of heavies and or mediums required to push into city without getting overwhelmed.

I realize your trying to rebalance the map in order to make the field more of a priority but as the saying goes, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Or if your absolutely stuck on the idea of splitting up the spawns in the south at least put all the heavies in the southern most spawn, more specifically the top tier heavies, into the southern most spawn point. Something, anything is better than what you've come up with. I would wager a guess I haven't won a single game spawning in the south on highway, maybe one, but I'm sure there is somebody there that can punch that in and figure it out.

So much this. Every time I see I’ve gotten the southwest spawn I want to put my head through the TV. Put this back the way it used to be, incredibly stupid change. All that happens every time I play it and get southwest is whichever tanks spawn in the northern spawn opt to go to field instead of driving allll the way south and then up a hill where the enemy will have beaten them to the city. They go to the field and then have cross open kill zones then a shooting gallery of ridge fighters who just stayed where they are knowing they can just wait there and prevent a cap all day. This map is ruined.

T__a__n__k_0 #5 Posted 23 August 2019 - 01:03 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 26329 battles
  • [TFL]

This update has totally ruined the fun I used to have on this map. People on the North spawn now let themselves get boxed in and it turns into a camping snipe fest. You can't cross the water fast enough on the A line so you get pinned down in the valley just before or after you cross the river.

- The heavies from the North that are smart enough not to stay and snipe and do get into town now take the town with a minimal brawl but have to cross a wide open field. Going downhill they usually get to the river but then get picked off by long range fire creeping up the slope.

- The heavies from the south have to travel too far to get into town and because the ones that spawned at the original spawn point got there first it are now two groups who are usually outnumbered in the town.  

- Light tanks are now expected to spot but lose all speed in the river and have nowhere to hide. Only cover is under the bridge in center or that small piece of river near the other small bridge. Up north there is no cover unless you go to the buildings but then you are stuck there until the TD's and snipers have either won the battle or got killed and by then you get finished off by heavies/mediums. As soon as the light turkey shoot is over 1 side is blind and the others get picked off one by one.

Instead of a fun map for lights and mediums on the 1 line and heavies in the town this has become TD/arty heaven. The update could work if people played smart, but we all know that isn't what happens

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users