Auto-Loader with sparse ammunition stock? supply only ONE type....

auto-loader ammunition supply

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

P6X330 #1 Posted 20 June 2019 - 02:02 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15717 battles
  • [AMXS]

Some of the auto-loaders have minimal ammunition stock.

Something you need to consider, is that by stocking two different types of shells, you may be crippling yourself even more.

Example:

Take the bat-chat 25t; max capacity is 30 shells, or 6 reloads.

Say you embark 25 APCR and 5 HEAT. If you reload before you shoot your last, you may end up with a magazine less than full, not realize it before it is too late. And if you need the full magazine, you would have to load a different type of ammunition.

You cannot really control how many you are going to shoot per clip. I have had to reload after shooting three or even less personally. Shooting the whole of your clip before a reload may not be the best in all situations. Shooting your last to initiate a reload is poor strategy, as you may need that last shell.

There are two ways to mitigate the issue:

The first, least preferred, not applicable in all situations, consists in managing your shots in order to always have a full magazine to reload. Not ideal nor easily implemented, but it can work.

The best, is to load only one ammunition type; in my B/C 25t, I only supply 30 APCR shells. The seventh reload (if I initiated a reload before empty)  will always be with the left overs of the six firsts. But at least, I am in control, I know it before hand.

I have also observed some experienced players managing their strategy in function of how many shots they have left in their clip, so they never do partial reloads. Personally, I think it is too much of a hit or miss. You never know if you are going to need more shells than what you currently have in your magazine.

Loading only one ammunition type is more desirable, because it works all the time. You will always start at minimum with 6 fully loaded clips, independently of how many you will use.

Besides, the HEAT shell is no longer that helpful; a lot of tanks have spaced armor now.

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

ECT unCOUNTed #2 Posted 20 June 2019 - 05:52 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28320 battles

From what i read or watched some unicums go with 25/5/0 and suggest having 5 heat shells for endgame situations against E100s Japanese Super heavies etc., made sense to me so i went with that loadout.

Honestly i've only ran out of ammo once and in that game i did 6.5k damage (my best in that tank), it takes skill to stay alive and fire all your shells with the Bc25t and i'm far from that level.

P6X330 #3 Posted 20 June 2019 - 09:52 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15717 battles
  • [AMXS]

View PostECT unCOUNTed, on 20 June 2019 - 11:52 AM, said:

From what i read or watched some unicums go with 25/5/0 and suggest having 5 heat shells for endgame situations against E100s Japanese Super heavies etc., made sense to me so i went with that loadout.

Honestly i've only ran out of ammo once and in that game i did 6.5k damage (my best in that tank), it takes skill to stay alive and fire all your shells with the Bc25t and i'm far from that level.

I am like you in that, I seldom run out of ammunition in my Bat-Chat, and I have seen guys like TTT with a 25/5 load out. I have had situations with my 13-105 when the HEAT does not help.

I found that 30 APCR is best for me.

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

Mahrs #4 Posted 21 June 2019 - 01:31 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5933 battles
I learned this lesson the hard way in the AMX 13-75. That’s the first tank I ever loaded straight AP (because if I need prammo, I’m doing it wrong) and I continued the trend with the BC 12t, though it is much less susceptible (seemingly) to going black on ammo.

ALF EXTREME #5 Posted 21 June 2019 - 02:23 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 48555 battles
i load 20-5-5. 1 HE clip for waffles 1 prem for hard targets.

I AM KING

and i declare death to all artillery, who will follow me on this righteous quest for freedom

P6X330 #6 Posted 21 June 2019 - 05:25 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15717 battles
  • [AMXS]
I am going back to the drawing board, and I will check out if my 30 APCR sill holds water...

wake_the_move #7 Posted 25 June 2019 - 10:13 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8517 battles

I am running 25-5-0, since I find those HEATs really helpful against not only E-100s and Mäuse (Maus in plural), but Japanese heavies, as well as against several tank destroyers. Yes, the BC 25t is supposed to flank/strafe these, but let’s be honest. Sometimes you simply can’t, because there is often enough one or more reds sitting behind your target, only waiting for you to take the bait.

I am actually playing my BC 25t as an active/passive scout, thus not being that „trigger happy“ in order to not break my camoflague. Even so I had been almost „dry“ often enough, especially in long and tight matches.

P6X330 #8 Posted 25 June 2019 - 08:29 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15717 battles
  • [AMXS]

View Postwake_the_move, on 25 June 2019 - 04:13 AM, said:

I am running 25-5-0, since I find those HEATs really helpful against not only E-100s and Mäuse (Maus in plural), but Japanese heavies, as well as against several tank destroyers. Yes, the BC 25t is supposed to flank/strafe these, but let’s be honest. Sometimes you simply can’t, because there is often enough one or more reds sitting behind your target, only waiting for you to take the bait.

I am actually playing my BC 25t as an active/passive scout, thus not being that „trigger happy“ in order to not break my camoflague. Even so I had been almost „dry“ often enough, especially in long and tight matches.

Playing the Bat-Chat 25t is never easy under usual circumstances, but with a smart enemy, it is even more complicated.

I really try to stay undetected as much as possible, so the reds do not know where to expect me. If I strike somewhere, then I completely change side, to avoid "convergence". Several times, you draw the other mediums to you, so I continuously bump from one side to the other.

If I had more competencies, it would work better, but I only have four, training the fifth.

wake_the_move #9 Posted 25 June 2019 - 08:53 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8517 battles

View PostP6X330, on 25 June 2019 - 08:29 PM, said:

Playing the Bat-Chat 25t is never easy under usual circumstances, but with a smart enemy, it is even more complicated.

I really try to stay undetected as much as possible, so the reds do not know where to expect me. If I strike somewhere, then I completely change side, to avoid "convergence". Several times, you draw the other mediums to you, so I continuously bump from one side to the other.

If I had more competencies, it would work better, but I only have four, training the fifth.

You do not train in the BC 25t itself, are you?

P6X330 #10 Posted 25 June 2019 - 10:59 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15717 battles
  • [AMXS]

View Postwake_the_move, on 25 June 2019 - 02:53 PM, said:

You do not train in the BC 25t itself, are you?

I am a trainee in each and every of my tanks....

But I did not train the crew in the Bat-Chat 25t. I purchased the tank, recruited a crew, and trained the first four in my trusty AMX Chaffee. That's what I do for all my crews.

Playing a Tier X with a crew with no competency is something you should never consider doing.

Last year, while doing the Tusk, I unlocked the 13-105, and had no ready crew to play it. I thought I had enough experience to do without. Big mistake! huge!

I stopped and trained the crew to minimal four, and resumed.

wake_the_move #11 Posted 26 June 2019 - 12:29 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8517 battles

View PostP6X330, on 25 June 2019 - 10:59 PM, said:

I am a trainee in each and every of my tanks....

But I did not train the crew in the Bat-Chat 25t. I purchased the tank, recruited a crew, and trained the first four in my trusty AMX Chaffee. That's what I do for all my crews.

Playing a Tier X with a crew with no competency is something you should never consider doing.

Last year, while doing the Tusk, I unlocked the 13-105, and had no ready crew to play it. I thought I had enough experience to do without. Big mistake! huge!

I stopped and trained the crew to minimal four, and resumed.

Well, first I train my crew in at least 4 skills/perks, then I also use them for the grind, in order to have an easier time during the grind and having one or the other skill/perk extra upon reaching the desired tank. My BC 25t crew has 12 completed skills/perks so far. Wish there was a perk for getting better teams, though.

Also tagged with auto-loader, ammunition, supply

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users