Subscription Level

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Just An0maly #1 Posted 20 June 2019 - 04:08 PM

First lieutenant

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 29699 battles
  • [IMTLZ]
In considering recent changes by PC, and how that might be applicable to WOTC as a source of new revenues (to help fuel new development), it occurs to me that WOTC could develop a Subscription Program, akin to PC's new Premium level.

Subs would essentially get Premium Plus, for a modicum of cost --- say, $4.99 per month --- and would be allowed to blacklist up to three maps, would get a silver bonus on every battle, and would be allowed up to ten battles daily where they can opt to exercise a x3 XP boost (post-battle, rather than pre-battle). Additionally, Subs would receive some number of crew boosts, and xp boosts per month, and perhaps X-number of consumables.

To further incentivize customers to become Subs, WOTC could develop one or two unique camouflages for each nation that are only available to subs (akin to the Twitch Sub camos).

Now, I know two arguments will be made --- first, that it is pay to win. It isn't, but rather, is simply pay to play with options. Next, they will say it is reducing free to play. It isn't, any more than current premium is, but is instead a means by which some customers can deepen their support for the game and get, in-exchange, tweaks to the economics of the game (silver, consumables, camos, etc).

And, as it concerns the pricing, bear in mind a single twitch subscription is $4.99 per month. Many players of this game pay for multiple twitch subscriptions per month, so as long as the Sub pricing here was comparable I can't see it being something that wouldn't be widely supported and engaged with by a large percentage of the player base.

Just an idea.

EDIT -- And because I understand developing Camos can take time, perhaps initially there could just be one, per nation, that was all-season. As new ones came out, Subs could get access to them as well (so a new Update event Subs might find exciting as well). Again, just an idea.

Edited by Just An0maly, 20 June 2019 - 04:19 PM.

MASHMAN 90 #2 Posted 20 June 2019 - 04:18 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 36435 battles
Sounds okay except Blacklisting Maps. I disagreed with it when PC introduced it and i still disagree. On PC they have the players but Console doesn't and would increase Loading Times even more. The other things i will agree with but if WG ever brought in Blacklisting Maps, it's something i disagree with (For those who think i agree with WG on everything and never complain).

Cpl Derren #3 Posted 20 June 2019 - 04:26 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28046 battles
  • [DS-]
I’ve always been skeptical of subscription programs as I don’t ever have the money to sustain a subscription. But I do like the idea, but as previously mentioned I do not like the idea of black listing maps. If it was even remotely possible (I know it isn’t feasible) I would gladly accept some form of map voting system instead of blacklisting

Come watch me on Twitch! Simply search: cpl_derren

Check out my YouTube channel WoTC Academy!  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZCURXxiHul8a_9hRcgfpmA

Just An0maly #4 Posted 20 June 2019 - 04:35 PM

First lieutenant

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 29699 battles
  • [IMTLZ]
I think your concerns about blacklisting are valid -- and I also am not convinced of the feasibility for Console -- but I would say, given the large number of maps we find on Console, I don't think allowing blacklisting of two or three maps would have much effect on queue times. 

I also don't think waiting an extra 20-30 seconds is a big deal if we were getting maps and MM developed teams that made the game more enjoyable -- but that may be a topic for another thread.

All that said, I'm glad you both think it a good idea -- let's hope WOTC considers it.

stormdraft #5 Posted 20 June 2019 - 05:35 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13720 battles
  • [OLDIE]

View PostMASHMAN 90, on 20 June 2019 - 04:18 PM, said:

On PC they have the players but Console doesn't

what the cause of it might be...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users