AMX 65 t

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

TheOnlyTrueNoob #1 Posted 21 June 2019 - 05:29 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 18757 battles

So I just finished three marking this thing and I’ll be honest, this may rival the KV-4 as the worst tier 8 TT heavy in the game. It just doesn’t do well at all in any of the three main departments that make up a tank.

Its gun selection is just mediocre, a 100mm that has an entirely unnecessary 3 second aiming time and pretty meh dpm but with decent accuracy, or a 120mm which has poor gun handling, for some reason a quicker aiming time than the 100mm but still 2.7 seconds which isn’t great, lacking pen at 218 and with lackluster skill rounds at 252 pen which will struggle to help you get through those tier 10 TDs and heavies and a garbage reload but with a good 400 damage per shot. Neither gun is really that good, I went with the 120mm but I feel like whichever gun I picked it wasn’t going to be that fun.

The armor on this tank is pathetic, near non existent hull armor that will be penned consistently by anyone with 150+mm of pen anywhere at the front along with side and rear armor that can be penned by derp guns with ease. The turret is a disaster, infected with a tumor so big it would make most cancers blush it essentially makes the turret armor entirely useless against anyone who is able to aim reasonably well. It’s made worse by the fact that you have such lacking gun depression at 8 degrees with such a huge size that it effectively makes it feel like 5 so you will struggle to find areas to use what turret armor is available without showing your tragic hull armor. Also for some bizarre reason despite having a cupola that can be seen by players in the next map over you have only 370m view range which really doesn’t make much sense. Finally you are so huge that arty will pretty much always hit you with splash at least , and if your chassis ain’t facing forward then you better prepare for around 1000 or all of your hit points being taken off you from a direct hit and around 500 from a splash hit.

The mobility isn’t terrible but it isn’t great either. On hard terrain you do take off at a decent speed for a heavy but as soon as you hit softer terrain your mobility suffers drastically, that acceleration all but disappears and you will struggle to reach that top speed. The alright mobility really doesn’t make up for the downsides of the other aspects of the tank.

Finally your ammo gets hit, a lot. You get hit anywhere on the front left side or the rear of the turret and that’s your ammo gone. You loader will also tend to get killed from rear turret shots a lot as well.

Overall this tank is just awful, worse than other hull down tanks such as the T32 in pretty much every way aside from mobility. You are severely lacking in armor with a turret that only works if you are facing people who are too stupid to not shoot the weak spot, you have a mediocre gun selection that is still inferior to most other tier 8 heavy guns and mobility that whilst isn’t bad, doesn’t feel that great either. If you feel differently about the tank do say, I’d be interested on hearing from anyone who actually liked this thing but I’m glad I’m done with it and won’t have to play it again. Onwards to the tier 9, which I’ve heard is just a worse Conqueror but even so seems to be a far more enjoyable tank than this thing.

Edit: Oh and if anyone wants a quick setup for that tank, using the 120mm package I went with optics, rammer and stabs. If you are going with the 100mm, I would think about replacing optics with gld just because your aim time is that atrocious, otherwise I’d stick with optics.

3 Marked Tanks (Bold = 100%)

ATHFjman18 #2 Posted 21 June 2019 - 05:52 PM

Major

• Players
  • 18647 battles
  • [JOCO]

I’ll eventually be grinding this turd once I finally decide to buy it. I’ve heard the only reason to grind it is to play the tier IX, but not the X. :teethhappy:

Anyways, looks like from what your saying is run the 120mm, load tons of gold ammo and pray that the grind ends as quickly as possible. 

FBPrime #3 Posted 21 June 2019 - 06:09 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 50116 battles
  • [-L7-]
This one definitely didn't need the nerfs on console.  Actually, all three on this line did not need to be nerfed.

"The 360 was released in 2005. The Super Nintendo was released in 1991. With the new Gen next year, the 360 will be farther behind the newest console than the Super Nintendo was behind the 360."

TheOnlyTrueNoob #4 Posted 21 June 2019 - 06:25 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 18757 battles

View PostATHFjman18, on 21 June 2019 - 05:52 PM, said:

I’ll eventually be grinding this turd once I finally decide to buy it. I’ve heard the only reason to grind it is to play the tier IX, but not the X. :teethhappy:

Anyways, looks like from what your saying is run the 120mm, load tons of gold ammo and pray that the grind ends as quickly as possible. 

Certainly don’t be afraid to sling some gold around, at tier 8 218mm should be fine but above that you will struggle.

TheOnlyTrueNoob #5 Posted 21 June 2019 - 06:27 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 18757 battles

View PostFBPrime, on 21 June 2019 - 06:09 PM, said:

This one definitely didn't need the nerfs on console.  Actually, all three on this line did not need to be nerfed.

I really would be interested in finding out the justification for the nerfs. I don’t know how someone could look at these tanks and think they would somehow over perform on console.

KanderisBAE #6 Posted 21 June 2019 - 06:35 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29943 battles

View PostATHFjman18, on 21 June 2019 - 05:52 PM, said:

thats what i do play the 9 , the 10 was the biggest waste of time and silver i have ever done in this game , sold the piece of [edited]

Edited by LIT SKULL987, 21 June 2019 - 06:36 PM.

Funktastic Ed #7 Posted 21 June 2019 - 07:24 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18996 battles

I hate this tank, i hate every second while i'm using it, the stock turret is better than the final pack one, how bizarre…

All the slopes are big lies, they never bounce any shot, the ammo rack is insanely sensitive, you can't even be a good second line support shooter because tha gun is crap and you are spotted like the nose ona clown's face..

And, it looks ridiculous, clearly an obscure unfinished drawing used as basis, no tank would look like that in the 50's.

An awful tank really.

Edited by Funktastic Ed, 21 June 2019 - 07:34 PM.

"Idiots dare everything, that's how you really know they are."

FBPrime #8 Posted 21 June 2019 - 09:11 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 50116 battles
  • [-L7-]

View PostTheOnlyTrueNoob, on 21 June 2019 - 01:27 PM, said:

I really would be interested in finding out the justification for the nerfs. I don’t know how someone could look at these tanks and think they would somehow over perform on console.

Indeed, it really kills off any interest in upcoming content.  The 'new' high tier French heavies are completely inferior to the meta heavies of the same tiers.

"The 360 was released in 2005. The Super Nintendo was released in 1991. With the new Gen next year, the 360 will be farther behind the newest console than the Super Nintendo was behind the 360."

Huncho_Mystic #9 Posted 21 June 2019 - 09:20 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 11283 battles
  • [ELDER]

View PostTheOnlyTrueNoob, on 21 June 2019 - 10:27 AM, said:

I found the tank to be so underwhelming I dropped off after a few games and abandoned the rest of that heavy line.  The over nerfs have been par for the course with recent pc line conversions- not sure why

TheOnlyTrueNoob #10 Posted 21 June 2019 - 11:09 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 18757 battles

View Posthmsmystic, on 21 June 2019 - 09:20 PM, said:

I found the tank to be so underwhelming I dropped off after a few games and abandoned the rest of that heavy line.  The over nerfs have been par for the course with recent pc line conversions- not sure why

bAlAnCE

Thats why

P6X330 #11 Posted 22 June 2019 - 01:43 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 16068 battles
  • [AMXS]

View Posthmsmystic, on 21 June 2019 - 03:20 PM, said:

Let me give you a bit of fatherly advice;

One of the typical mistake players do, it to get on a tank with preconceived expectations. The AMX 65t must be played like the AMX 65t, and does not resemble any of the other Tier VIII Heavy tanks you already played.

First you need to understand what the tank is, and what it is not. Find out about its strong points, and its weaknesses. And then play like it should be played.

Do not quit just after a few bad battles. You have not yet learned the tank. I would say, and that strongly depends on your overall experience, a good 100 battles are necessary for the understanding of the particular tank.

There are tanks which are more forgiving than others. The AMX 65t is not an easy tank to play, but it does well once you get around it.

Get back into it, and go slow, and accrue experience....

Edited by P6X330, 22 June 2019 - 01:43 PM.

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users