WoTC Academy: How To Play: STB-1

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Cpl Derren #1 Posted 23 June 2019 - 01:53 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28696 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

This video covers how to play the tier 10 Japanese medium, the STB-1. A tank considered by many to be a high-skill tank.

Check it out here!

https://youtu.be/RrwovROOR98

Come watch me on Twitch! Simply search: cpl_derren

Check out my YouTube channel WoTC Academy!  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZCURXxiHul8a_9hRcgfpmA

Sammael85 #2 Posted 23 June 2019 - 02:08 AM

Major

• Players
  • 25524 battles
  • [FAC]
I'll repeat myself, these guides are were you actually shine out without diminishing merit on the rest of the content. Problem i do actually find on my own games is that people actually hasn't got an actual clue of the actual capabilities of their own vehicles and just drive them according to their type label or else which is worse, just driving where the spawn just pointed them. (when not using certain cool and "new" spots with the unaproppiate kind of vehicle for them thanks to certain youtubers that prefer to do show offs instead of actual gameplay, didactical or not)

Some might say i'm not constructive enough... Too bad i'm actually a deconstructivist

Si eres español/hispano y te sientes aislado por WG, no estás solo: Hay un Batallón Exiliado dispuesto a ayudarte

Hear me ROAR!!!

Cpl Derren #3 Posted 23 June 2019 - 02:15 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28696 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

View PostSammael85, on 22 June 2019 - 09:08 PM, said:

I'll repeat myself, these guides are were you actually shine out without diminishing merit on the rest of the content. Problem i do actually find on my own games is that people actually hasn't got an actual clue of the actual capabilities of their own vehicles and just drive them according to their type label or else which is worse, just driving where the spawn just pointed them. (when not using certain cool and "new" spots with the unaproppiate kind of vehicle for them thanks to certain youtubers that prefer to do show offs instead of actual gameplay, didactical or not)

Thanks! I do feel my map walkthroughs, and "How To Play" videos are the most watched, but if there are certain videos you feel are not up to snuff or there is something wrong with them please let me know! :) Just know that I do make my videos get reviewed by people who know more than me to make sure the info is correct before I upload. :)

Check out my YouTube channel WoTC Academy!  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZCURXxiHul8a_9hRcgfpmA

Sammael85 #4 Posted 23 June 2019 - 06:41 PM

Major

• Players
  • 25524 battles
  • [FAC]

View PostCpl Derren, on 23 June 2019 - 03:15 AM, said:

Thanks! I do feel my map walkthroughs, and "How To Play" videos are the most watched, but if there are certain videos you feel are not up to snuff or there is something wrong with them please let me know! :) Just know that I do make my videos get reviewed by people who know more than me to make sure the info is correct before I upload. :)

I don't feel like there's room for corrections anywhere as the material is on the top of both info displayed and easy understanding of it on every section. :) Of course i'll grant a helping hand anywhere it's needed (like in the points about the Obj.277, based on personal observation and researched info previous to the adquisition of the tank) but i feel that overall your WoTC Academy is practically the best one out there ;)

Still, that opinion on being the tank guides the best of all is partly based on a personal taste about researching info and stuff about the game, i prefer to learn how to use a tank rather than get a spot guide on maps just to throw an example. Of course there are not so obvious spots on certain maps which i personally can learn through those videos but, in general terms, i prefer to have some acknowledge on what i can and what i can't do on certain vehicle i want to research and use and, then, adapt myself into it's usage up to the point to achieve my minimum goals with it (which are Silver Maestry and 1st MoE in case you will wanted to know.), and i can tell this tanks guides goes straight up to that particular point, showing the pro's and con's of the vehicle while pointing out how to get the best of them in a better than good manner.

I personally think that tank knowledge is rather as important or even more important than map knowledge, because getting on the right spot but with the wrong tank neglects instantly both factors up to the point of making a player a dead weight, and i can tell it's not a good personal experience at all, because it's not fun to be aware of it when it happens and, after all, this is a game in which all we are trying to have fun no matter how ;)

And of course, you're more than welcome and so much thanks for your work and dedication! As i told you in the comments all support is trully deserved on your work to make it even bigger :honoring:

Some might say i'm not constructive enough... Too bad i'm actually a deconstructivist

Si eres español/hispano y te sientes aislado por WG, no estás solo: Hay un Batallón Exiliado dispuesto a ayudarte

Hear me ROAR!!!

Cpl Derren #5 Posted 24 June 2019 - 12:58 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28696 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

View PostSammael85, on 23 June 2019 - 01:41 PM, said:

I don't feel like there's room for corrections anywhere as the material is on the top of both info displayed and easy understanding of it on every section. :) Of course i'll grant a helping hand anywhere it's needed (like in the points about the Obj.277, based on personal observation and researched info previous to the adquisition of the tank) but i feel that overall your WoTC Academy is practically the best one out there ;)

Still, that opinion on being the tank guides the best of all is partly based on a personal taste about researching info and stuff about the game, i prefer to learn how to use a tank rather than get a spot guide on maps just to throw an example. Of course there are not so obvious spots on certain maps which i personally can learn through those videos but, in general terms, i prefer to have some acknowledge on what i can and what i can't do on certain vehicle i want to research and use and, then, adapt myself into it's usage up to the point to achieve my minimum goals with it (which are Silver Maestry and 1st MoE in case you will wanted to know.), and i can tell this tanks guides goes straight up to that particular point, showing the pro's and con's of the vehicle while pointing out how to get the best of them in a better than good manner.

I personally think that tank knowledge is rather as important or even more important than map knowledge, because getting on the right spot but with the wrong tank neglects instantly both factors up to the point of making a player a dead weight, and i can tell it's not a good personal experience at all, because it's not fun to be aware of it when it happens and, after all, this is a game in which all we are trying to have fun no matter how ;)

And of course, you're more than welcome and so much thanks for your work and dedication! As i told you in the comments all support is trully deserved on your work to make it even bigger :honoring:

I GREATLY appreciate your input and feedback!! :honoring::medal: I understand that everyone learns or prioritizes what they learn differently. I created the map walkthroughs to help new players how certain maps are played as map knowledge is one of the most CRUCIAL parts of learning the game (im sure we can all agree that) they also help those that may have just started a type of tank they have never played before get on a map and then as, "where do I take this thing?" not all my videos are for everyone, but for those that need specific help, I believe certain videos will be of assistance to them. :)

Huncho_Mystic #6 Posted 08 July 2019 - 02:36 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 11261 battles
  • [ELDER]
Nice video!  The Japanese medium line is my next project

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users