Remove Merceneries (Or send them to a new game mode)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

emjaydee73 #1 Posted 23 June 2019 - 07:22 PM

Private

• Players
  • 15896 battles
  • [TTE]
First of all, these Merceneries vehicles which have been in the game for over a year, and is the worst addition to world of tanks. First of all the amount of spaced armour on these things are ridiculous and allow their VI vehicles like the absolution to be able to bounce shells off a RHM.-B. WT with a teir X gun. Other tanks such as "The Machine" with a Chieftain turret and a AMX 50 B hull, can bounce most shells with it's frontal armour and is overall better than the standard Chieftain, making the Chieftain useless. It's not only the tanks which is an issues, the mercenary maps such as "Salvage Yard" is a plain copy of "Malinovka". The recent update on "Serene Coast" (Now named Kitimat) pretty much pollutes the map and removes everything which was good about the map, as now tanks can fire at other tanks driving along the coast and have decent cover from the buildings. "Panama" also is a raw copy from "Westfield". However I do like the mechanics on how you obtain the mercenaries, this could be implemented nicely on how to get premium tanks. However the mercenaries do not suit the game and feel like Wargaming is trying to make a Crossout-like game. Mercenaries. A reason for the Merceneries and copied and pasted maps could to be related on to the limitations on Xbox 360. Like it or not the Xbox 360 is like a ball and chain for the development of World of Tanks. It can't handle the new graphics and tanks to come in the future. As mercenaries use pre-existing models and the "new" maps use pre-existing maps, this could be saving space to allow new content even though Xbox 360 is anchored onto World of Tanks. Yet again Wargaming hasn't added a new mercenary vehicle in months now, which is hopeful. However there still is many roaming around, I think the best option for them is to remove all of them, to make the game somewhat historically accurate again and refund anyone who owns or. Or give them there own separate game mode (like the Halloween mode). 

TRUMP2O2Oftw #2 Posted 23 June 2019 - 07:24 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 19676 battles
  • [XRAN]
No

NOW RECRUITING, MSG 4 DETAILS <------------

Applesauce898 #3 Posted 23 June 2019 - 07:35 PM

Private

• Players
  • 11395 battles
  • [TTE]

View PostSAD FAT N ALONE, on 23 June 2019 - 07:24 PM, said:

No

what?  Pls elaborate 

Edited by Applesauce898, 23 June 2019 - 07:39 PM.

XD 

emjaydee73 #4 Posted 23 June 2019 - 07:41 PM

Private

• Players
  • 15896 battles
  • [TTE]

View PostSAD FAT N ALONE, on 23 June 2019 - 07:24 PM, said:

No

Please elaborate.

moomooifgg #5 Posted 23 June 2019 - 07:46 PM

Private

• Players
  • 4165 battles
  • [FTS]

View PostApplesauce898, on 23 June 2019 - 07:35 PM, said:

what?  Pls elaborate 

Aaaaahhhhhhh that's hot ah ah haaaah that's hot 

Applesauce898 #6 Posted 23 June 2019 - 07:51 PM

Private

• Players
  • 11395 battles
  • [TTE]
(ignore pls) 

View Postmoomooifgg, on 23 June 2019 - 07:46 PM, said:

Aaaaahhhhhhh that's hot ah ah haaaah that's hot 

XD 

ThermalStone #7 Posted 23 June 2019 - 08:23 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33391 battles
  • [80085]
Nope.

I'm not stealing kills, I'm handing out Confederate medals.

Pontiac Pat #8 Posted 23 June 2019 - 08:51 PM

Major

• WoTC Tournaments Contributor
  • 26131 battles
  • [47R]
There's no way they would remove them at this point.  Far too much is invested and far too many have been sold/earned.  I've adjusted to their presence.  We might see some balance adjustments in the future, given that they did nerf some of the early Merc tanks (like the Slapjack).  That is really all we can expect.  We've been told there are no new merc tanks coming any time soon, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the odd historic hybrid tank added as they come up.  Several of the merc tanks are historic, so I'm happy about that part of it.  Big Top, Jammer, Stinger, and Plaguebringer all are examples of such historic hybrids.

If you want to be one of the 47 Ronin check out our recruitment post and then send a message to Prof935 (xbox) or dimka935 (ps4).

Estimated Marks of Excellence thresholds - https://wotclans.com.br/tanks/moe

fozfactor #9 Posted 23 June 2019 - 09:39 PM

Major

• Players
  • 59018 battles
Nope. I think the best option for those who don't wish to let others make the choice for themselves is to voluntarily quit.

non nobis solum

radonism #10 Posted 23 June 2019 - 10:42 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 17368 battles

I don't mind the Merc's in the game tbh, but the way they are earned stinks. I've nearly finished the long grind for the Machine. Can't wait for it to end. 

Will be taking a good, long break from the game after the grind is done. It's too boring but the time limit forces you to play, play, play. Last time I took a "short" break, I was away 6 months. Almost forgot about the game totally. Only started playing again as it was raining one Saturday afternoon, I was feeling a bit ill and couldn't be bothered to do anything else. Who knows? Might not come back this time. 

Remove the time limits and nation / class restrictions. Make the contracts interesting! It's just "grind a million XP" and it's yours. Lazy. But it does confirm the suspicion that WG have all but given up on improving the game. Bots for lower tiers (the well of new players has clearly dried up), no new maps ever, laughable balance attempts, platoon MM good as always, clans doing their non-thing, minor bugs littered throughout... 

emjaydee73 #11 Posted 23 June 2019 - 10:52 PM

Private

• Players
  • 15896 battles
  • [TTE]

View PostPontiac Pat, on 23 June 2019 - 08:51 PM, said:

There's no way they would remove them at this point.  Far too much is invested and far too many have been sold/earned.  I've adjusted to their presence.  We might see some balance adjustments in the future, given that they did nerf some of the early Merc tanks (like the Slapjack).  That is really all we can expect.  We've been told there are no new merc tanks coming any time soon, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the odd historic hybrid tank added as they come up.  Several of the merc tanks are historic, so I'm happy about that part of it.  Big Top, Jammer, Stinger, and Plaguebringer all are examples of such historic hybrids.

I suppose the update has gone to far for them to be removed. But I wouldn't mind if they made a new game mode exclusively for Mercs. I just think it makes the game stupid and cringey as the game is based around WW1/WW2  and post-apocolyptic tanks. However, there are only a few Merc maps which are lazily put together, which can easily be removed or changed to be made better. I still do believe that the Merceneries and their maps are in a result of the Xbox 360 trying to keep up with Wargaiming's new content. I can see that Wargaming put a lot of effort into making these vehicles put I don't think this game is the place for them.

PoopStopsHere #12 Posted 28 June 2019 - 03:42 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 30603 battles
  • [PCP]
Mercs are fine... Gives users something to work towards.  Helps push users to unlock different tech tree nations, tanks, & higher tiers in the game to unlock Mercs.  It helped push me to unlock some more tier 9's/10's!   Some tanks are good, fun & terrible.

Silent Guns18 #13 Posted 28 June 2019 - 06:57 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11478 battles
  • [LST]
Umm no it's not going to happen

Funktastic Ed #14 Posted 28 June 2019 - 08:45 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18996 battles

Overall they are not very good tanks i usually sell them as sonn as unlocked, except the Big Top.

And the Machine is not the biggest threat at tier X, the 50 hull has two abvious weaknesses, the chief's hatch is also a good target, and the full clip does not kill.

And those teeth painted on the turret looks ridiculous, they should make camos that erase them, because i hate funny tanks.

"Idiots dare everything, that's how you really know they are."

SpandexRockstar #15 Posted 28 June 2019 - 01:31 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 24424 battles
  • [OD1N]

Who'd have thought there would be mercenary tanks in a game called 'World of Tanks : Mercenaries'? ;) Mercs weren't an addition to World of Tanks, it was a rebranding exercise to make basically a 'New' game.

So I'd guess it went something like this in WG's boardroom.. ;)

Q. We need to get more sales

A. We'll rebrand it and add a new line, new maps and a narrative.

Q. Great, we need it in 6 months.

A. We haven't the resources.

Q. Ok, we still need it in, no wait, 4 months

A. Ok, we'll set the narrative in maps that are re-works of existing ones, we'll combine tanks into new ones and drip feed them over the lifecycle with 'contracts' that require a huge time (or gold) investment and release the re-worked maps into multiplayer so we get more exposure and the playerbase gets a taste of war stories. How's that?

Q. Awesome. Will the playerbase now stop comparing us to the PC version, which we don't have the resources to keep pace with?

A. Don't hold your breath...

So just a bit of speculative fun, but perhaps there's some accuracy in there.

Mercs are marmite, and most are disappointing to play tbo (I have all apart from 3), but a few are good and some are just total fun derps. If people like them, and people like shooting them, what's the issue for basically an arcade game? And whilst it may look historically accurate in places, there will always be a disconnect because of accessibility, game play and balance. It's not a sim, otherwise your Tiger II's drivetrain would fail even before the loading screen ;)

emjaydee73 #16 Posted 28 June 2019 - 06:12 PM

Private

• Players
  • 15896 battles
  • [TTE]

View PostFunktastic Ed, on 28 June 2019 - 08:45 AM, said:

Overall they are not very good tanks i usually sell them as sonn as unlocked, except the Big Top.

And the Machine is not the biggest threat at tier X, the 50 hull has two abvious weaknesses, the chief's hatch is also a good target, and the full clip does not kill.

And those teeth painted on the turret looks ridiculous, they should make camos that erase them, because i hate funny tanks.

I agree with you about Wargaming releasing "funny" tanks. Some people didn't like the "Edelweiss",  "The Nameless" and the "GuP" which came out way before the Mercenaries. However there are only a couple of them. And aren't smuthered in spaced armour, which makes them balanced and rare, so they don't have a large impact on the game. However with Merceneries, many came out in large batches and have stupid names such as "Bigtop", "Beach Party" , "Banana Buster" and "Bucket". I now know that a few Merceneries where actually considered hybrids during the war but the colours and names of the tanks make the game too joyful and happy for a WW1/WW2 style game. I do enjoy playing world of tanks. And I wouldn't mind if the Merceneries where moved to their own exclusive matches, so there can be a style for WW1/WW2 tanks and Post-apocolyptic tanks. I don't think Merceneries fit into this game with their vibrant colours and their childish names.  The few Merceneries which where considered hybrids and could've existed in real life, should be stripped from their ridiculous and colourful paint and their unecessary spaced armour. Renamed to a more appropriate name and... Maybe sold as a premium tank? So you know, it feels like your playing a tank game, not some kid-like game.

Funktastic Ed #17 Posted 28 June 2019 - 06:31 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18996 battles

View Postemjaydee73, on 28 June 2019 - 06:12 PM, said:

I agree with you about Wargaming releasing "funny" tanks. Some people didn't like the "Edelweiss",  "The Nameless" and the "GuP" which came out way before the Mercenaries. However there are only a couple of them. And aren't smuthered in spaced armour, which makes them balanced and rare, so they don't have a large impact on the game. However with Merceneries, many came out in large batches and have stupid names such as "Bigtop", "Beach Party" , "Banana Buster" and "Bucket". I now know that a few Merceneries where actually considered hybrids during the war but the colours and names of the tanks make the game too joyful and happy for a WW1/WW2 style game. I do enjoy playing world of tanks. And I wouldn't mind if the Merceneries where moved to their own exclusive matches, so there can be a style for WW1/WW2 tanks and Post-apocolyptic tanks. I don't think Merceneries fit into this game with their vibrant colours and their childish names.  The few Merceneries which where considered hybrids and could've existed in real life, should be stripped from their ridiculous and colourful paint and their unecessary spaced armour. Renamed to a more appropriate name and... Maybe sold as a premium tank? So you know, it feels like your playing a tank game, not some kid-like game.

In fact there is one of the merc tanks that did existed.

The Stinger, although it never was spelled that way.

It was the real AMX Chaffee, the French never equiped a turret of AMX13 on a Chaffee hull, why would they do anyway ?

The AMX 13 was more advanced than the Chaffee.

But they did recycle obsolete Chaffee that they had by putting those little American turrets on AMX 13 chassis, those little tanks fought in Algeria during the 50's.

Yes you read right the real AMX Chaffee is in fact the Stinger, so Chaffee chassis with AMX13 never was a french tank, and should be the mercenary tank..

Edited by Funktastic Ed, 28 June 2019 - 06:38 PM.

"Idiots dare everything, that's how you really know they are."

Schiavoser #18 Posted 01 July 2019 - 10:50 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 39903 battles

I enjoyed grinding contracts. I probably would have quit the game months ago without the extra distraction they offer. Some of the tanks themselves are fun to play. 

Also, if you're mad at an Absolution while sniping with the Borsig, sounds like you need to learn how to pen the Absolution. I agree the Machine needs a nerd. Not because of the armor though. The intraclip reload is too fast. Czech tanks don't have that reload speed anymore; Machine shouldn't either.

emjaydee73 #19 Posted 03 July 2019 - 08:29 PM

Private

• Players
  • 15896 battles
  • [TTE]

View PostSchiavoser, on 01 July 2019 - 10:50 PM, said:

I enjoyed grinding contracts. I probably would have quit the game months ago without the extra distraction they offer. Some of the tanks themselves are fun to play. 

Also, if you're mad at an Absolution while sniping with the Borsig, sounds like you need to learn how to pen the Absolution. I agree the Machine needs a nerd. Not because of the armor though. The intraclip reload is too fast. Czech tanks don't have that reload speed anymore; Machine shouldn't either.

I understand it is possible on a rare occasion for a teir VI to block shells from their X guns. However, for the Absolution it is too common. When fighting teir VIs with teir X guns should be able to simply auto-lock onto any teir VI and have a good chance to penetrate. I've seen many videos on YouTube of Absolution's completely killing other tanks on the same teir without having any health taken off it. There is too much spaced armour on it and it prevents new players from working up to teir X efficiently due to these overpowered Merceneries. I find it quite silly that your defending the absolution's armour by saying there is nothing wrong with it, as it depends on the player's skill.

Shockwave IIC #20 Posted 05 July 2019 - 12:24 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 18328 battles
  • [-PA-]

View Postemjaydee73, on 03 July 2019 - 08:29 PM, said:

I understand it is possible on a rare occasion for a teir VI to block shells from their X guns. However, for the Absolution it is too common. When fighting teir VIs with teir X guns should be able to simply auto-lock onto any teir VI and have a good chance to penetrate. I've seen many videos on YouTube of Absolution's completely killing other tanks on the same teir without having any health taken off it. There is too much spaced armour on it and it prevents new players from working up to teir X efficiently due to these overpowered Merceneries. I find it quite silly that your defending the absolution's armour by saying there is nothing wrong with it, as it depends on the player's skill.

And here we see the real reason why you don’t like the Mercs, and that’s fine, the Asbo is a POS OP tank, even Paingod has apparently admitted that it it over performing. Now fair enough, you my not like the look of the Merc tanks, that’s okay, but only 2-3 are OP, a lot are very poor.  

Also, in regards to the WW1/2 comment made further up, very few of those are above tier 6, so why are you playing to tier X?

Chaffee ***, M10 Wolverine ***, Hellcat **, Fury **, Easy 8 ***, M6 ***, T29 ***, T71 **, T69 **, Comet I IT34 **, T34 85 ** T150 ***, KV4 **, VK30.01D III III III, VK30.01M III III, VK30.02D III III, Tiger P III III,

http://forum-console...our-average-joe

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users