Remove Merceneries (Or send them to a new game mode)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

emjaydee73 #21 Posted 05 July 2019 - 01:57 PM

Private

• Players
  • 16236 battles
  • [TTE]

View PostShockwave IIC, on 05 July 2019 - 12:24 PM, said:

And here we see the real reason why you don’t like the Mercs, and that’s fine, the Asbo is a POS OP tank, even Paingod has apparently admitted that it it over performing. Now fair enough, you my not like the look of the Merc tanks, that’s okay, but only 2-3 are OP, a lot are very poor.  

Also, in regards to the WW1/2 comment made further up, very few of those are above tier 6, so why are you playing to tier X?

Sorry, I don't really understand your question. I don't know why my comment to do with Merceneries not fitting in a WW1/WW2 style game has anything to do with playing in teir X.

Schiavoser #22 Posted 05 July 2019 - 02:14 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 40479 battles

View Postemjaydee73, on 03 July 2019 - 03:29 PM, said:

I understand it is possible on a rare occasion for a teir VI to block shells from their X guns. However, for the Absolution it is too common. When fighting teir VIs with teir X guns should be able to simply auto-lock onto any teir VI and have a good chance to penetrate. I've seen many videos on YouTube of Absolution's completely killing other tanks on the same teir without having any health taken off it. There is too much spaced armour on it and it prevents new players from working up to teir X efficiently due to these overpowered Merceneries. I find it quite silly that your defending the absolution's armour by saying there is nothing wrong with it, as it depends on the player's skill.

I didn't say there is nothing wrong with the Absolution's armor. I too find it annoying. What I said was in response to your Borsig comment. Can't pen it while auto-locking? Don't try penning it with an auto-lock shot anymore! You should be able to dispatch one if you aim while sniping with your Borsig. Absolution has weakspots big enough to hit with relative ease no matter what angle you have from your hiding spot, particularly if you are firing the more accurate 12.8cm cannon.

Shockwave IIC #23 Posted 06 July 2019 - 08:53 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 18611 battles
  • [-PA-]

View Postemjaydee73, on 05 July 2019 - 01:57 PM, said:

Sorry, I don't really understand your question. I don't know why my comment to do with Merceneries not fitting in a WW1/WW2 style game has anything to do with playing in teir X.

Because baring a very small number of tanks, there are no tanks that Tier X's see that fought in WW2, so there is no "style" or aesthetics at that tier. 

Chaffee ***, M10 Wolverine ***, Hellcat **, Fury **, Easy 8 ***, M6 ***, T29 ***, T71 **, T69 **, Comet I IT34 **, T34 85 ** T150 ***, KV4 **, VK30.01D III III III, VK30.01M III III, VK30.02D III III, Tiger P III III,

http://forum-console...our-average-joe

emjaydee73 #24 Posted 06 July 2019 - 05:15 PM

Private

• Players
  • 16236 battles
  • [TTE]

View PostShockwave IIC, on 06 July 2019 - 08:53 AM, said:

Because baring a very small number of tanks, there are no tanks that Tier X's see that fought in WW2, so there is no "style" or aesthetics at that tier. 

Most tanks near teir X where blueprinted and could've existed if the war continued, making then somewhat accurate. I do know that some tanks teir X never existed (even in blueprints) so Wargaming had to make their own up to fill in some gaps. However these 'filler' tanks somewhat resemble their nation's. However Merceneries do not resemble any nation as they are a silly-looking hybrids and a lazy effort for Wargaming to add new content. If I wanted a historically accurate game I would go and play War thunder. However, I like to see World of Tanks as a game if all blueprinted tanks existed. And Merceneries kind of spoil that atmosphere as they are futuristic tanks. And show no resemblance to the WW1/WW2 vehicles.

emjaydee73 #25 Posted 06 July 2019 - 05:29 PM

Private

• Players
  • 16236 battles
  • [TTE]

View PostSchiavoser, on 05 July 2019 - 02:14 PM, said:

I didn't say there is nothing wrong with the Absolution's armor. I too find it annoying. What I said was in response to your Borsig comment. Can't pen it while auto-locking? Don't try penning it with an auto-lock shot anymore! You should be able to dispatch one if you aim while sniping with your Borsig. Absolution has weakspots big enough to hit with relative ease no matter what angle you have from your hiding spot, particularly if you are firing the more accurate 12.8cm cannon.

My example of the Borsing auto-locking on the Absolution and penetrating it was just a metaphor. You'd expect a gun which is four years higher than another tank to be easily penetrate the opposing tank. Without searching for weakspots. At the time my bullet bounced off the Absolution's armour, I was not auto-locking.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users