Systems to Improve Game-Play

Bot Bots Game-Play Penalty Penalties Spawn AFK

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Poll: Systems to Mitigate Toxic Game-Play (51 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 50 battles in order to participate this poll.

Should there be a hefty silver penalty (100K) for being AFK, and for excessive non-contributing performances?

1. Yes (29 votes [56.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.86%

2. No (22 votes [43.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 43.14%

Would you like to see a system put in place which enables a bot to take over a player's vehicle, if they are AFK, quit the game, or have not moved a minimum distance in the first few minutes?

1. Yes (24 votes [47.06%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 47.06%

2. No (27 votes [52.94%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 52.94%

Vote Hide poll

Bibo1GerUk #21 Posted 27 June 2019 - 10:13 AM

Major

• Players
  • 27743 battles
So, now you'll have an AI controlling the AFK'ers tank and actually doing damage? That will make it even easier for the professional AFK'ers to earn XP & silver :great:

Remember, it's just a game!

My little Youtube channel aka YeOldeGamer: https://www.youtube....xVCaFCLg/videos

im_balthazur #22 Posted 27 June 2019 - 10:39 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 39363 battles
  • [DODTR]

View PostFinlandRed, on 27 June 2019 - 08:30 AM, said:

Agree. I played the Dreadnut last night and got top tier on Karelia. One shot a couple of Tier VIs before they could do anything. The OPs idea would give them a massive silver loss and turn them away from the game just because they're facing a tank that can squash them.

No one likes to be ammoracked or one shotted but it happens to all of us and you shouldn't be punished for it.

Also I was disconnected (E:00G34) last night at the start of a game on Hidden Village. By the time I go back in my tank was destroyed. Would I be fined 100K for something outside my control?

This. 

Hence OP, you should be ashamed.

MiserableDeath #23 Posted 27 June 2019 - 10:57 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 23679 battles

View PostCobravert, on 26 June 2019 - 04:03 PM, said:

I have made threads in the past about my disgust of AFK players, but that was before WGing set up the system to punish them.

Nowadays I really don't see AFK to be nearly as much of a factor as it was a couple of years ago. Sure it still happens from time to time, but there are those who do get disconnected of no fault of their own that would be penalized by this.

So for the 100,000 silver penalty I voted no.

As for a bot taking over the AFK tank, it's possible the disconnected player may be able to reestablish their connection and get back into the game. It's happened to me before. I know I wouldn't want my tank being used, killed, or getting shot up because the bot is playing a TD like a light tank, so again, no thanks.

Personally bots area stop gap measure to keep volume of tanks on the field. This game is OLD for a console multi player, and the population is going to steadily decrease in the time ahead. That's the way games go.

I take it you have never clicked on an afk player or grayed out player and check their profile. I have seen multiple times people loading in a different game. So intentionally not caring about contributing to the team work that you need to win matches in this game. I feel no remorse for them getting hefty penalties and neither should you. 

FBPrime #24 Posted 27 June 2019 - 11:48 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 49166 battles
  • [KMD]

View PostM4ntiX, on 27 June 2019 - 02:04 AM, said:

And who's gameplay exactly are you aiming to "improve" by introducing penalties on lesser skilled players?

What's next? 50k silver fine for doing less than 1000 dmg at tier X? Or firing less than 5 shots, or getting zero kills? 

I'm sorry but I can't agree with your ideas. This game is played by all kinds of people and it already rewards skill and punishes the lack of it by regulating XP pay outs. Unicums will grind tanks significantly faster than the base camping heavy or cowardly light tank. As mush as I hate players not fulfilling their roles on the battlefield sometimes, leave them be, they also have a place in this game.

Besides, AFKing and base camping is the least of our problems. Perhaps if the mm and game balancing were fairer, players wouldn't be afraid of leaving the spawn in the first place.

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/fbprime/video/76458728

"The 360 was released in 2005. The Super Nintendo was released in 1991. With the new Gen next year, the 360 will be farther behind the newest console than the Super Nintendo was behind the 360."

FBPrime #25 Posted 27 June 2019 - 11:51 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 49166 battles
  • [KMD]

View PostFBPrime, on 26 June 2019 - 10:50 AM, said:

One of the largest disservices to game-play comes from players who AFK, or give close to zero contribution.  This greatly induces blowouts and steam rolls, as even a few top tier toxic players can completely derail their own team's ability to win, or stand a chance.  Some examples being light tanks not making an attempt to spot on large open maps, and heavies not leaving their spawn.  There are currently no penalties for such instances; and though there is a nulling out of silver and XP for players who AFK with zero movement, this usually does not take effect as even the slightest nudge from a friendly player counts as movement for the AFK player.  The AFK and idleness issue could easily be curbed if a penalty were put in place to deter players from doing so.  A silver penalty of say, 100,000 would probably have some significance towards players who willingly AFK and or give no meaningful team contribution effort.  The silver penalty could additionally be evenly rewarded among the other team members.

And now that we have bots to alleviate low player populations, why not use them further to improve the game more?  Its never fun to have AFK teammates, or players who simply don't attempt to use their left stick.  Wouldn't it be nice if their vehicles became overridden by bots, thus getting some actual usage out of their vehicle?  This could be set to enact immediately for players who manually quit the game (not to be confused with a disconnect).  Regarding those who remain idle in the spawn and make no attempt to play with the team, a minimum distance traveled within an alloted time could be set (excluding artillery).  Say 'X' distance would need to be traveled within 3 minutes, otherwise the vehicle becomes commandeered by a bot.  This value would not have to be very significant in order to flush out toxic players, and would help motivate players to give a meaningful contribution.

View PostFinlandRed, on 27 June 2019 - 03:30 AM, said:

Agree. I played the Dreadnut last night and got top tier on Karelia. One shot a couple of Tier VIs before they could do anything. The OPs idea would give them a massive silver loss and turn them away from the game just because they're facing a tank that can squash them.

No one likes to be ammoracked or one shotted but it happens to all of us and you shouldn't be punished for it.

Also I was disconnected (E:00G34) last night at the start of a game on Hidden Village. By the time I go back in my tank was destroyed. Would I be fined 100K for something outside my control?

"The 360 was released in 2005. The Super Nintendo was released in 1991. With the new Gen next year, the 360 will be farther behind the newest console than the Super Nintendo was behind the 360."

M4ntiX #26 Posted 27 June 2019 - 11:54 AM

Major

• Players
  • 28778 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostFBPrime, on 27 June 2019 - 11:48 AM, said:

Your point?

"4 kids single father 2 boats a plane 3cars and more battles than you."

"Jesus you smegheads are whiny about your Epeens."

FBPrime #27 Posted 27 June 2019 - 11:56 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 49166 battles
  • [KMD]

View PostM4ntiX, on 27 June 2019 - 06:54 AM, said:

Your point?

You claimed you did not believe a penalty system for foul play/AFK would have any positive benefits.  Video is an example of one such instance when it would be appropriate.  Granted, you can make the argument that it is just a game and players can do whatever they want, whether it be AFKing or team killing.  Though many would take the other side in favor of some general guidelines.

M4ntiX #28 Posted 27 June 2019 - 12:04 PM

Major

• Players
  • 28778 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostFBPrime, on 27 June 2019 - 11:56 AM, said:

You claimed you did not believe a penalty system for foul play/AFK would have any positive benefits.  Video is an example of one such instance when it would be appropriate.  Granted, you can make the argument that it is just a game and players can do whatever they want, whether it be AFKing or team killing.  Though many would take the other side in favor of some general guidelines.

There already is a system in place. Your video shows the player turning blue. Max confirmed this is monitored and if players are constantly team killing, they are getting banned. Granted, it's not perfect, but it works.

"4 kids single father 2 boats a plane 3cars and more battles than you."

"Jesus you smegheads are whiny about your Epeens."

FBPrime #29 Posted 27 June 2019 - 12:09 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 49166 battles
  • [KMD]

View PostM4ntiX, on 27 June 2019 - 07:04 AM, said:

There already is a system in place. Your video shows the player turning blue. Max confirmed this is monitored and if players are constantly team killing, they are getting banned. Granted, it's not perfect, but it works.

Thats the point though, many things go without penalty.  Having some penalty systems in place would help mitigate that.  Doesn't mean the 'bar' has to be set unrealistically.

MiserableDeath #30 Posted 27 June 2019 - 01:35 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 23679 battles

View PostConnor McJesus, on 26 June 2019 - 05:01 PM, said:

He shouldnt be ashamed because the biggest issue he is referring to is those who drive into a corner of the map, setup their camp nets and watch the entire team die. Those players (especially top tier heavy tanks) need to position themselves so that they can contribute . Buts just easier to have less situational awareness than a person in a coma and idle in the pee corner

a prime example first minute of the game pee corner time!

Cobravert #31 Posted 27 June 2019 - 03:04 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27310 battles
  • [WPLAC]

View PostMiserableDeath, on 27 June 2019 - 05:57 AM, said:

I take it you have never clicked on an afk player or grayed out player and check their profile. I have seen multiple times people loading in a different game. So intentionally not caring about contributing to the team work that you need to win matches in this game. I feel no remorse for them getting hefty penalties and neither should you. 

Yeah, actually I have, and have seen that they're on Minecraft or some other game.

But there are as many if not more that are knocked offline not of their own doing. You'll be penalizing them at the same time, and that isn't right either. I don't have any remorse for those I see that went to another game knowing their tanks wasn't going to be participating in the game they just hit [Start] for. I report them for "Quitting Early", knowing full well that M$ won't do anything about it because not nearly enough people take the time to report people who do this.

Also tagged with Bot, Bots, Game-Play, Penalty, Penalties, Spawn, AFK

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users