Clans

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

DaffierPear6 #1 Posted 29 June 2019 - 11:28 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24603 battles
  • [1CAB]

This is probably a stupidly dumb question.

Is there anything planned for Clans??  Anything at all??

HybredXero #2 Posted 29 June 2019 - 01:59 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 34496 battles
  • [BULL]
doubtful.  if you are looking for comp, then you'd have better luck in the discord servers.

"Trusting the Blue Falcon is like playing Russian Roulette....with six rounds in the chamber"

"CEDAT FORTUNA PERITIS" (Let Fortune Yield to Experience)

Soundwave098 #3 Posted 29 June 2019 - 02:29 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15766 battles
  • [ODH]
In the 3yrs I've been on PS4 there has been little to nothing about clans. A sporadic few things, no real support and no real indication there will be. 

DaffierPear6 #4 Posted 01 July 2019 - 09:02 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24603 battles
  • [1CAB]

Why is it PC can actually do things to support Clans?

Come on WGCB, how about supporting the playing community!

Soundwave098 #5 Posted 01 July 2019 - 01:24 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15766 battles
  • [ODH]
PC has a much larger community than we do. We are the forgotten part of the company, they do not care to put money into such a minor revenue stream that already gets money without them putting more than overhead costs into it. 

Just An0maly #6 Posted 01 July 2019 - 02:44 PM

First lieutenant

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 32844 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

View PostSoundwave098, on 01 July 2019 - 07:24 AM, said:

PC has a much larger community than we do. We are the forgotten part of the company, they do not care to put money into such a minor revenue stream that already gets money without them putting more than overhead costs into it. 

I don't think this is true -- it certainly isn't in WG's interest to have an associated brand that could be seen as underperforming (and therefore, besmirching the brand).

I think it has more to do with optimizing scarce resources (all companies have limited resources) across as large a percentage as possible of the customer base. In other words, bang for the buck.

As well, I've not seen this anywhere but I suspect there may be some limits to the technology and how much they can cram in a 5 pound bag, so to speak. Once older generation platforms leave, I suspect there may be some forward evolution of the game, its modes and functions, that could see Comp getting some love as well.

Just my .02

Edited by Just An0maly, 01 July 2019 - 02:45 PM.

Soundwave098 #7 Posted 01 July 2019 - 04:54 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15766 battles
  • [ODH]

View PostJust An0maly, on 01 July 2019 - 02:44 PM, said:

I don't think this is true -- it certainly isn't in WG's interest to have an associated brand that could be seen as underperforming (and therefore, besmirching the brand).

I think it has more to do with optimizing scarce resources (all companies have limited resources) across as large a percentage as possible of the customer base. In other words, bang for the buck.

As well, I've not seen this anywhere but I suspect there may be some limits to the technology and how much they can cram in a 5 pound bag, so to speak. Once older generation platforms leave, I suspect there may be some forward evolution of the game, its modes and functions, that could see Comp getting some love as well.

Just my .02

You basically agree, we just worded it differently (more positively). Minus, the forgotten part of the company. 

XLilabnerX #8 Posted 02 July 2019 - 01:20 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 65675 battles

View PostJust An0maly, on 01 July 2019 - 02:44 PM, said:

Just my .02

Wow is this the best spin you've got. Let me summarize : We make excuses, and we blame old technolgy, and if that doesn't work we will throw you under the bus. 

Also tagged with Clans

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users