training crew skills crew perks competency

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

P6X330 #1 Posted 29 June 2019 - 09:16 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 16054 battles
  • [AMXS]

So far, I usually train the first four competencies in my premium tank, and I transfer the crew to its destination tank.

Now I have some heavy tanks which require crew skills which are not immediately useful in a light tank. Things start to slow down after the initial four, so I am thinking that it maybe wise to go for the skills and perks that will benefit the trainer in priority, and then switch to those that I intend for the target tank.

I have recently purchased the M4-Mle 54, and I had a pre-trainee crew with mentor, BiA, 6S, Sita ready to transfer. Now, instead of continuing with the usual for heavy tanks competency, I have chosen to go with Camouflage, Muffled shot, Green Thumb, before I continue.

In that case, my trainer will benefit from the crew skills, and help me achieve the rest much faster.

Anyone else tried this before? worth the attempt? camouflage, muffled shot and green thumb on a large vehicle is not very efficient. But on an AMX Chaffee, it really improves chances of survival and better Xp return.

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

Beast_4_2 #2 Posted 11 July 2019 - 11:10 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 32383 battles
  • [-GR-]

View PostP6X330, on 29 June 2019 - 10:16 PM, said:

So far, I usually train the first four competencies in my premium tank, and I transfer the crew to its destination tank.

Now I have some heavy tanks which require crew skills which are not immediately useful in a light tank. Things start to slow down after the initial four, so I am thinking that it maybe wise to go for the skills and perks that will benefit the trainer in priority, and then switch to those that I intend for the target tank.

I have recently purchased the M4-Mle 54, and I had a pre-trainee crew with mentor, BiA, 6S, Sita ready to transfer. Now, instead of continuing with the usual for heavy tanks competency, I have chosen to go with Camouflage, Muffled shot, Green Thumb, before I continue.

In that case, my trainer will benefit from the crew skills, and help me achieve the rest much faster.

Anyone else tried this before? worth the attempt? camouflage, muffled shot and green thumb on a large vehicle is not very efficient. But on an AMX Chaffee, it really improves chances of survival and better Xp return.

I have at least one non-premium tank (per country) that I do well in with new crews. It's usually a light tank or a tank destroyer. In this tank I train 6th sence and Brothers in arms. I think it's better to have a crew in a tech-tree tank because I can do the daily 2x of this tank and also the premium(s) 2x

If this tank is of the same type as the line I intend to move the crew to then I train two more skills before I move them. 

If this first tank is not of the same type then, after the first two perks mentioned above, I move the crew to a tank of the correct type but as low a tier as possible and preferably an elited tank. 

Sometimes I let the crew in the second tank until they learn skills 5 to 8 before I move them to their intended tank.

In some lines where I have previously elited some of the mid-tier tanks and kept them, I move the crew up the line after each skill. I like to play those tanks again. 

For me good crew trainers are these:

USA: T67 (tier 5)

Germany: T38 Marder (tier 4 TD)

China: tier 4 light tank

Soviet: tier 4 light tank and tier 4 TD. All soviet lights are good crew trainers :) 

UK: none that I do well in. I 3-marked the tier 5 medium but I didn't enjoy it. 

France: Tier 5 light. STAY AWAY FROM ALL LOW TIER FRENCH TANKS. They stink. 

Sweden: Tier 3 TD is a monster! 

Czech: Good luck. 

Italian: Tier 4 loaded with only HE!

Japan: none that I do well in. 

Poland: none that I do well in. None that I like. 

Mercenaries: I hate them and don't play them (much). These tanks destroyed the game for me. I stopped spending money on the game when the were introduced last year. 

Albapfalzd3 #3 Posted 11 July 2019 - 09:23 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22943 battles

View PostP6X330, on 29 June 2019 - 09:16 PM, said:

I usually train my 1st 5 skills the same for every crew regardless of what tanks they are going into, Mentor, BiA, Repairs, SS and Track Mechanic. After that it's platform specific. With those 5 skills (actually 4 battle skills) I feel comfortable playing that crew in any tank Tier V and up. I used to start my crews training at Tier III but I have since found that they train much quicker in the higher Tiers so I start them at Tier V and usually don't move them up to Tier VI until they have at least Mentor, BIA and Repairs and not past VI until they have added SS and not past VII until Track Mechanic. Some times I just throw the crew into a Tier V TT that I like to play (like Beast mentioned) like my T-34 and then play that for the daily x2 and then rotate them through all my V - VII premiums every day getting the x2 until they have all 5 skills trained (plus 25k worth of over training) and then put them into the TT tank I want them in. Doing that actually build them up pretty quick especially if using boosters.

Roy

Also tagged with training, crew skills, crew perks, competency

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users