i cannot get the Vanguard to work

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Vampire_Izumi #1 Posted 06 July 2019 - 05:37 PM

Major

• Players
  • 25541 battles
  • [LEONI]

i cannot seem to get this tank to work, i try to play active scout and i even try to flank tanks but the tanks seem to always treat me top priority ignoring  all the other tanks, even the ones they are currently fighting.

i have had tanks charge around corners after me wile there are several of my team on that corner and have had light tanks go after my tank wile ignoring tanks on my team that are chasing them and ramming them.

here is my equipment and crew skills.

Equipment:

Coated Optics, Vertical Stabilizer, Vents.

Small Repair Kit, Small First aid kit, Strong Coffee.

30 AP, 15 APCR, 0 HE

Crew Skills:

Off-Road Driving, Camouflage, Brothers in Arms, Snap Shot, Smooth Ride, Clutch Braking, Situational Awareness, Deadeye, Recon, Muffled Shot, Sixth Sense

tips would help a lot, thank you :)

A lie about a lie turns inside out upon itself. - Magane chikujoin   

Marks of Excellence:

SPUK4U #2 Posted 06 July 2019 - 06:06 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 9386 battles

View PostVampire_Izumi, on 06 July 2019 - 05:37 PM, said:

i cannot seem to get this tank to work, i try to play active scout and i even try to flank tanks but the tanks seem to always treat me top priority ignoring  all the other tanks, even the ones they are currently fighting.

i have had tanks charge around corners after me wile there are several of my team on that corner and have had light tanks go after my tank wile ignoring tanks on my team that are chasing them and ramming them.

here is my equipment and crew skills.

Equipment:

Coated Optics, Vertical Stabilizer, Vents.

Small Repair Kit, Small First aid kit, Strong Coffee.

30 AP, 15 APCR, 0 HE

Crew Skills:

Off-Road Driving, Camouflage, Brothers in Arms, Snap Shot, Smooth Ride, Clutch Braking, Situational Awareness, Deadeye, Recon, Muffled Shot, Sixth Sense

tips would help a lot, thank you :)

I don't know if this helps, but my Vanguard has this kind of equipment:

Coated Optics, Vents, Camonet  ( this is ultra passive spotting setup, I find a bush and keep spotting for team first minutes.)

Strong Coffee, Small First Aid kit,  Large repair kit  (I use large kits for passive boost, I use them as kits only if I have a good game)

Crew Skills:  Sixth Sense, Camouflage, Brothers in Arms,  Situational Awareness,Recon,  Off-Road Driving, Camouflage, Muffled Shot,

0 AP, 40 APCR, 5 HE

What I do is that I try to be passive spotter long as possible and I stay away from enemy light tanks.  Enemy can get up to 50-100m from my tank if I'm inside the bush.  When spotting stops rolling in I move out of the bush and move to the aggressive phases, I try to stay undetected and find my way behind enemy lines.  My goal is to find a large tanks and shoot them at the back so that I can distract them from the main team.

Here is my Vanguard playing tag with Sh1tbarn. I  worked it down to red and It started to get really pissed to the situation.  My little tank was ones under it's tracks too when it tried to crush it, that's were my Vanguard lost most of it's health.

Don't fight with other light tanks, you run out of ammo when you circle them and if you move out of the circle, you die. Try to pick a fight with big tanks that are alone, then you can use your size and speed as your advantage.

Edited by SPUK4U, 06 July 2019 - 06:09 PM.

- Ask, Observe, Learn and Improve -

Vampire_Izumi #3 Posted 06 July 2019 - 06:11 PM

Major

• Players
  • 25541 battles
  • [LEONI]

View PostSPUK4U, on 07 July 2019 - 03:06 AM, said:

I don't know if this helps, but my Vanguard has this kind of equipment:

Coated Optics, Vents, Camonet  ( this is ultra passive spotting setup, I find a bush and keep spotting for team first minutes.)

Strong Coffee, Small First Aid kit,  Large repair kit  (I use large kits for passive boost, I use them as kits only if I have a good game)

Crew Skills:  Sixth Sense, Camouflage, Brothers in Arms,  Situational Awareness,Recon,  Off-Road Driving, Camouflage, Muffled Shot,

0 AP, 40 APCR, 5 HE

What I do is that I try to be passive spotter long as possible and I stay away from enemy light tanks.  Enemy can get up to 50-100m from my tank if I'm inside the bush.  When spotting stops rolling in I move out of the bush and move to the aggressive phases, I try to stay undetected and find my way behind enemy lines.  My goal is to find a large tanks and shoot them at the back so that I can distract them from the main team.

Here is my Vanguard playing tag with Sh1tbarn. I  worked it down to red and It started to get really pissed to the situation.  My little tank was ones under it's tracks too when it tried to crush it, that's were my Vanguard lost most of it's health.

Don't fight with other light tanks, you run out of ammo when you circle them and if you move out of the circle, you die. Try to pick a fight with big tanks that are alone, then you can use your size and speed as your advantage.

okay, i will try this out, thank you :)

Marks of Excellence:

SPUK4U #4 Posted 06 July 2019 - 06:17 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 9386 battles

View PostVampire_Izumi, on 06 July 2019 - 06:11 PM, said:

okay, i will try this out, thank you :)

I Forget to mention, I don't use AP as I figure out that when I have only 3 shots, I better make every one of them count so that's why APCR, I shoot only if I'm sure that I hit. Those HE are there for base cap reset, I switch to them when I start to drive back in the cap.
- Ask, Observe, Learn and Improve -

Vampire_Izumi #5 Posted 06 July 2019 - 06:24 PM

Major

• Players
  • 25541 battles
  • [LEONI]

View PostSPUK4U, on 07 July 2019 - 03:17 AM, said:

I Forget to mention, I don't use AP as I figure out that when I have only 3 shots, I better make every one of them count so that's why APCR, I shoot only if I'm sure that I hit. Those HE are there for base cap reset, I switch to them when I start to drive back in the cap.

i will try the apcr then! ty for the help :)

Marks of Excellence:

Funktastic Ed #6 Posted 06 July 2019 - 07:18 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18286 battles

basically you're a ghost, just like the original ELC bis, a very effective passive scout if you have some bush layers to cover you you're almost invisible even when any other would be detected.

Its its main asset.

"Idiots dare everything, that's how you really know they are."

Kaboost #7 Posted 06 July 2019 - 11:41 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 15083 battles
  • [JOCO]

You need a passive setup to get the full potential out of it.

Optics, Vstabs, and camo net is how I run mine but swapping Vstabs for vents or even Binocs is an option.

Food, Small repair, large med

27 AP, 18 APCR, 0 HE

You have basically the same crew skills as me. Deadeye isn’t anywhere near as useful to you as Green Thumb, would consider swapping that.

Any and all bushes are effective for the Vanguard with camo net. It is quite hilarious being right next to the enemy and then having no idea.

Lights tanks need rebalanced(again)

​Update 4.2 and 4.6 were terrible

Koncorde #8 Posted 07 July 2019 - 02:26 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 24150 battles
Important to know that the moment the Vanguard is amongst the most hated tanks in the game, and very easy to kill - so all the bad players will YOLO to try and get that easy kill as revenge for all the occasions the tiny tank has terrorised them.

If you don't worry about damage, just try and get to those spots with a big thick Bush and a few trees and just spot until you can't spot no more. If you are firing your gun you should be doing it when you have an isolated tank and you know that you will pen and enable a teammate to take advantage.

Highlordwurm #9 Posted 13 August 2019 - 05:26 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17341 battles
Go passive in the beginning, wait for the red lights to die, then, use exactly what your problem is:  Everyone drops everything to focus you, use that.  In the load screen, there is that screen about baiting opponents, it never worked until the Vanguard!  Use your size and speed to bait dummies into chasing you, its hilarious fun!  Any one remember that old Tom and Jerry cartoon with the kangaroo that thought he was a mouse, where Jerry kept leading Tom to it and the kangaroo would whomp Tom?  (I suppose that is what was happening with the bulldog, too, but I loved that kangaroo!) I admit, there is not much xp to be gained from that tactic, but it will up your win rate!  But, seriously, baiting is the vanguard's strong point.

TransparentBlue #10 Posted 13 August 2019 - 11:29 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12627 battles

View PostKoncorde, on 07 July 2019 - 02:26 PM, said:

Important to know that the moment the Vanguard is amongst the most hated tanks in the game, and very easy to kill - 

You are a priority.  I don't mind premium tanks, but I hate pay to win tanks.  This is a pure pay to win tank in any decent light tank player's hands. (Sorry to the OP if you take offense, it's not meant to be personal... ...in fact I'm not going to go back to read your gamertag.)

No premium tank should be the game's very best in any one category, while this is best in two or three: smallest target/hardest to hit and hardest to spot as well as super high on the speed and acceleration ranks, if not the best acceleration.  And you're NOT a one shot kill for anything accurate enough to hit you in most battle situations.

I don't YOLO after you, but if you're spotted, I'm shooting at you first.  I'd load HE to kill you, but by the time I reload, you've come and gone already.

I don't have one, but the usual French light autoloader tips work. Get used to being targeted first.  Don't ever get spotted unless in motion, preferably at full speed, moving across the battlefield and not directly toward or away from the enemy.  Swerve.  Bumps are your friends. Hit them.  And never try to unload your clip.  If you're still alive, you will almost always get away and get another try.  Sniping is a terrible idea: only snipe if your shot will kill and nobody will witness it.

Beyond that, no tips from me.  I hate pay to win tanks and I think this is the most blatantly pay to win tank.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users