No.6 Japanese Tiger three mark help

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

LeopardFaIcon #1 Posted 07 July 2019 - 07:15 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 17810 battles
  • [-CHF-]
What's the best way to three mark the No.6 Japanese tier 6 Heavy Tiger tank? What equipment and crew skills are best, also if you haven't three marked the tank then don't bother commenting as you'll just get ignored, cheers tankers. 

furballthegame #2 Posted 15 August 2019 - 12:04 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27411 battles

Since I just won it.....long haul....

Gun Rammer, GLD and tool box to start.

Later I might add vents 

LeopardFaIcon #3 Posted 21 August 2019 - 11:26 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 17810 battles
  • [-CHF-]

View Postfurballthegame, on 15 August 2019 - 12:04 AM, said:

Since I just won it.....long haul....

Gun Rammer, GLD and tool box to start.

Later I might add vents 

the problem is you haven't three marked the Japanese heavy and haven't got any 2-3 marks to back up your reasoning.  

PhoenixShroud19 #4 Posted 22 August 2019 - 05:58 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 45822 battles
  • [T-R-U]

The best way to play Heavy Tank No VI is as second line support. It simply does not have the hit point's and speed of its "jumped up" tier VII counterparts (Tiger I/Tiger 131) which move more like mediums.

Crew skills: Sixth sense, brothers in arms, repairs, camo and mentor to cover the bases. Then you can either train up perks such as safe stowage and preventative maintenance to offset the traditional Tiger ammo rack/engine weaknesses.

The AP rounds on the 8.8 L/56 are good enough against anything you see when top tier and facing tier VII's. However you will struggle to reliably pen heavily armoured tier VIII's even with APCR rounds, so flanking tactics are advised whenever possible.

1,615 combined damage was the latest three mark requirement on wotclans, last time I checked. Best of luck with grinding the Japanese Tiger :) 

Equipment: Gun rammer, improved ventilation and coated optics (binocs is also viable until you get your crew trained up with recon/situational awareness)

RobSha76 #5 Posted 25 August 2019 - 11:06 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 34277 battles
Is this tank one of the worst tier 6 tanks? The gun doesn't "work" as good as the ones mounted in german tanks! I often find something positive in a tank - but this tank has nothing that stands out...

John-berg1995 #6 Posted 25 August 2019 - 09:37 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12684 battles
  • [CIA]

Don't give up. many times I was at 93% and a string of bad games made me want to quit. I said screw it and got 2! 4500 damage games back to back in my T-150 and 3 marked it, just keep pushing on. a loss will not effect it nearly as much as a big game. that's just general advise.

Tier 6 is really easy to 3 mark. I 3 marked the T-34-88 currently the most difficult tier 6 tank to mark, I haven't played the heavy no.6 but I have played the tiger variants. since marking it only realistically requires 1,600 combined at the most 

I would run rammer, optics and vents. Play near the front, try to spot enemy tanks. Trade health to deal damage. It won't take long to hit 1,600 combined. or more. don't try to conserve your health as much as marking tanks isn't about winning the game it's about doing as much damage as possible. So trading HP is generally what you should be doing. Of course not being hit is good too. But generally when I have the opportunity to hit someone I'm going to take it assuming no one else has line of sight on me besides the guy I'm peeking. Take the advise if you want. I haven't played the tank you're referring to but I have my fair share of tier 6 tanks 3 marked. 

PANDoGGA #7 Posted 12 October 2019 - 11:25 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 36490 battles
  • [BLAK]

View PostPhoenixShroud19, on 22 August 2019 - 06:58 AM, said:

The best way to play Heavy Tank No VI is as second line support. It simply does not have the hit point's and speed of its "jumped up" tier VII counterparts (Tiger I/Tiger 131) which move more like mediums.

Crew skills: Sixth sense, brothers in arms, repairs, camo and mentor to cover the bases. Then you can either train up perks such as safe stowage and preventative maintenance to offset the traditional Tiger ammo rack/engine weaknesses.

The AP rounds on the 8.8 L/56 are good enough against anything you see when top tier and facing tier VII's. However you will struggle to reliably pen heavily armoured tier VIII's even with APCR rounds, so flanking tactics are advised whenever possible.

1,615 combined damage was the latest three mark requirement on wotclans, last time I checked. Best of luck with grinding the Japanese Tiger :) 

Equipment: Gun rammer, improved ventilation and coated optics (binocs is also viable until you get your crew trained up with recon/situational awareness)

Mentor skill not required for 3 mark

Tanks mastered: 403

Tanks 3 marked: 69

Albapfalzd3 #8 Posted 09 November 2019 - 05:20 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23040 battles

View PostPANDoGGA, on 12 October 2019 - 11:25 AM, said:

Mentor skill not required for 3 mark

Last time I checked no Perks/Skills were "Required" to 3 Mark.

Roy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users