Brick needs a major buff

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

Haukkis #1 Posted 08 July 2019 - 09:34 AM

Major

• Players
  • 35101 battles
There's debate which is the worst tier 8 premium tank, IS-6, T-34-3 and ISU-130 are all strong canditates but I feel that title belongs to Brick. Seriously, this tank has only two good qualities: it looks good and it has pretty strong hull armor. That's it, everything else in this vehicle is mediocre or poor. Turret armor is mediocre, mobility is below mediocre, gun deppression is very poor, view range is very poor, penetration is is poor, gun handling is below mediocre, alpha dmg is poor, it's silver and crew xp bonuses are mediocre. This is just a bad vehicle. Wargaming, please consider buffing this vehicle in next balance update. In my opinion, it needs better gun deppression (8 degrees instead of 5) and aim time buff from 2.9 > 2.5 seconds and most importantly, penetration buff... from 190mm>212mm and 247mm>258mm. That should made Brick decent tank and more enjoyable to play (and it might sell better...) but still far from the better tanks like Patriot, AMX M4 49, Löwe etc.

Maxipotzac #2 Posted 08 July 2019 - 09:48 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9369 battles

Remove all clown tanks from the game....Problem solved :trollface:

The Premium Tank is always worse than TT .... get cannon buff but get armor nerf. So it will be in balance (no need for another op merc/clown tank)

English is not my native language, but who cares? (  so do not write to me in this case ) 

"If they removed arty, the haters would just switch to hating TD's."

Haukkis #3 Posted 08 July 2019 - 10:13 AM

Major

• Players
  • 35101 battles

View PostMaxipotzac, on 08 July 2019 - 10:48 AM, said:

Remove all clown tanks from the game....Problem solved :trollface:

The Premium Tank is always worse than TT .... get cannon buff but get armor nerf. So it will be in balance (no need for another op merc/clown tank)

"premium tank is always worse than TT"... that was true back in 2017 but not anymore. Besides, every tank should be competive compared to other same class and same tier tanks, that's called balance. Of course, every tank should have it's own strenghts and weaknesses but Brick is well under average, it's poor compared to all other tier 8 heavies. Even KV-5 is overall better vehicle. Besides, if you're never played with this vehicle you don't probably understand how underwhelming vehicle Brick is. There's a good reason why almost knowone playes these vehicles and it has nothing to do with the fact it being Mercenaries vehicle. It needs a major buff. Period.

f1mitku #4 Posted 08 July 2019 - 10:33 AM

Major

• Players
  • 48501 battles

Yes. The Brick is useless just like its name currently. And it needs few buffs to make it balanced. Now it's piece of crap.

It's the absolute the last in nerf barometer for PS4 among T-VIII heavies and it's behind previous tanks by like 25% and by like 150% behind the best ones in therms of WN8, Damage, WR etc. Just trash.

And obviously nobody plays it as it even doesn't show in the table if I choose to see only the last 30 days. :facepalm:

Don't rush me, I'm waiting for the last moment!

SirDerp-a-lot #5 Posted 08 July 2019 - 10:44 AM

Major

• Players
  • 57170 battles
  • [GER_1]

View PostMaxipotzac, on 08 July 2019 - 10:48 AM, said:

The Premium Tank is always worse than TT ....

:confused:

Obsulus 07 #6 Posted 10 July 2019 - 08:34 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 32165 battles

I wrote my own review on the Brick when it was new. I agree with Haukkis on most of it. I'm not sure the gun depression can get much better, with the low-riding turret being in the center of the tank. I think it would mess with the modeling a bit. I could be wrong.

I think the tank is currently trash, but has potential. I mostly blame the gun. If they only buffed the Aim TimeRate of Fire and a little bit of Accuracy; it could get by with its current pen. Smart players respect damage. I struggle to hit even the foolish players with It's current gun. The Brick just can't deliver damage reliably - so nobody respects it.

I really think Wargaming is afraid to make the tank competitive, for fear of enraging vanilla gamers. That sucks. Because we paid money for this crap and supported their work.

Haukkis, I love my ISU-130 and I'd enjoy discussing it some time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users