Jump to content


No Artillery Test Week

Artillery No Artillery Cancer Solution Chemotherapy

  • Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

Poll: Arty Free Test (186 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 50 battles in order to participate this poll.

Would you like to have a one week test, during which artillery are disabled from multiplayer battles?

  1. Yes (93 votes [50.00%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 50.00%

  2. No (93 votes [50.00%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Hide poll

FBPrime #1 Posted 09 July 2019 - 07:09 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 49620 battles
  • 1,284
  • [METIN]
  • Member since:
    08-13-2013
As the +1/-1 test has just wrapped up, some have suggested a similar test to be tried.  A week with no artillery in regular multiplayer battles.

"The 360 was released in 2005. The Super Nintendo was released in 1991. With the new Gen next year, the 360 will be farther behind the newest console than the Super Nintendo was behind the 360."


Cobravert #2 Posted 09 July 2019 - 07:14 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 27310 battles
  • 3,768
  • [WPLAC]
  • Member since:
    03-10-2014
If that's the case, then there has to be a no lights week, no Deathstar or WT E100 week, no Mercenaries week,......

FusionStar287 #3 Posted 09 July 2019 - 07:15 PM

    Major

  • WoTC Ambassador
  • 20400 battles
  • 16,426
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-13-2013
I'm voting no for the sake that it would both significantly alter the gameplay and prevent people who do mostly enjoy arty from playing for a week. In comparison, while the +1/-1 MM test shook things up the core gameplay was still mostly the same and people could still play any tanks that they enjoy for its duration.

"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

 

"wefWEGFRF" - RaiBOT01, 2017


FBPrime #4 Posted 09 July 2019 - 07:16 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 49620 battles
  • 1,284
  • [METIN]
  • Member since:
    08-13-2013

View PostCobravert, on 09 July 2019 - 02:14 PM, said:

If that's the case, then there has to be a no lights week, no Deathstar or WT E100 week, no Mercenaries week,......

 

The difference is you can counter those tanks in direct LOS.  You can't do that with artillery.

"The 360 was released in 2005. The Super Nintendo was released in 1991. With the new Gen next year, the 360 will be farther behind the newest console than the Super Nintendo was behind the 360."


TeamSonicX #5 Posted 09 July 2019 - 07:17 PM

    Private

  • Players
  • 20455 battles
  • 4
  • Member since:
    12-04-2015
I would like 2 see a week without arty. Curious. . . 

Cobravert #6 Posted 09 July 2019 - 07:19 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 27310 battles
  • 3,768
  • [WPLAC]
  • Member since:
    03-10-2014

View PostFBPrime, on 09 July 2019 - 02:16 PM, said:

 

The difference is you can counter those tanks in direct LOS.  You can't do that with artillery.

Way too many seem to think you can't the Deathstar or WT E100 as well. They are equally reviled.



AskingCupid78 #7 Posted 09 July 2019 - 07:22 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 45889 battles
  • 852
  • Member since:
    07-28-2015
If they where to test it they need to get another gamemode in warstories buffed for them during the test period, because there are players that only play artillery.

FBPrime #8 Posted 09 July 2019 - 07:29 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 49620 battles
  • 1,284
  • [METIN]
  • Member since:
    08-13-2013

View PostCobravert, on 09 July 2019 - 02:19 PM, said:

Way too many seem to think you can't the Deathstar or WT E100 as well. They are equally reviled.

 

You get no detection warning for artillery unlike with all other classes when they are aimed at you.  Often times, you have to abandon half of the map to stay 'arty safe'.  With some of the overpowered TDs, you can at least counter them when they are spotted, relocating ect.  This is not the case with artillery, which is a bit odd for a PVP game.

"The 360 was released in 2005. The Super Nintendo was released in 1991. With the new Gen next year, the 360 will be farther behind the newest console than the Super Nintendo was behind the 360."


II NO x VICE II #9 Posted 09 July 2019 - 07:48 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 37802 battles
  • 3,281
  • [PRIME]
  • Member since:
    07-27-2014

View PostCobravert, on 09 July 2019 - 02:14 PM, said:

If that's the case, then there has to be a no lights week, no Deathstar or WT E100 week, no Mercenaries week,......

 

No S**tBarn week as well. Please include that in the list as well ....

CheweyBadge #10 Posted 09 July 2019 - 07:52 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 39079 battles
  • 1,468
  • [F_X_A]
  • Member since:
    01-08-2016

Sure thing. After that week no light test week, then no heavy test week, then no medium test week and lastly no destroyer test week :P

 

This is never gonna happen but then again it's WG I have no idea what they have up their sleeves 



Haukkis #11 Posted 09 July 2019 - 07:56 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 34214 battles
  • 2,965
  • Member since:
    08-05-2015
Not really, artillery is part of the game.

Fightomonkey #12 Posted 09 July 2019 - 08:07 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 40139 battles
  • 988
  • Member since:
    05-17-2014

I voted yes, but this is never going to happen. Unlike on PC, where artillery has been nerfed into complete oblivion, especially by the last update, the large majority of console players run artillery. Do most of them do this because they're bad at the game and can have good games in artillery?--Yes, of course. Is it "unfair" to better players?--Yes, of course. That's why the folks on PC despise artillery so much--most PC players are quantumly better than your average console player. In fact, I would even go so far as to say that artillery and our RNG that's jacked up to a ridiculous level are two of the most important forces that help to balance good players in this game. TL; DR: baddies too bad on console and goodies too good. Anyway, though, Wargaming will NEVER risk alienating such a large portion of their player base-- and they shouldn't. 



miju irl #13 Posted 09 July 2019 - 08:10 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 16271 battles
  • 545
  • [IRL]
  • Member since:
    07-18-2015

View PostAskingCupid78, on 09 July 2019 - 07:22 PM, said:

If they where to test it they need to get another gamemode in warstories buffed for them during the test period, because there are players that only play artillery.

 

How about let them have a minimum Q time of 5 minutes per game. That will work just as well



Potato QQ #14 Posted 09 July 2019 - 08:11 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 22492 battles
  • 4,777
  • Member since:
    04-15-2014
There should be Git Gud Week.

Jasonhemperly #15 Posted 09 July 2019 - 08:22 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 4989 battles
  • 10
  • [SENDR]
  • Member since:
    05-24-2018

Personally, I think arty is fine. My first tier 10 was the Maus, so I think it's fair to say this. Arty helps keep the game moving, I do think the splash and damage on a couple need lowered a bit, but I also like the idea that sitting still for long periods of time should not be favored. Players need to learn when to push and when to hang back and not doing that would be awful. I am primarily against the one shot kill tanks and artys because it isn't really enjoyable to watch two people in tanks that will one shot one another as they battle RNG and then curse themselves wishing they waited .2 seconds for the circle to close a little more. If they do anything like this week, I'd like to see them have a static damage role for AP, APCR, and HEAT not a low or high roll damage value and another week where they limit premium shells to 5 per match. 



FBPrime #16 Posted 09 July 2019 - 08:32 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 49620 battles
  • 1,284
  • [METIN]
  • Member since:
    08-13-2013

View PostJasonhemperly, on 09 July 2019 - 03:22 PM, said:

Personally, I think arty is fine. My first tier 10 was the Maus, so I think it's fair to say this. Arty helps keep the game moving, I do think the splash and damage on a couple need lowered a bit, but I also like the idea that sitting still for long periods of time should not be favored. Players need to learn when to push and when to hang back and not doing that would be awful. I am primarily against the one shot kill tanks and artys because it isn't really enjoyable to watch two people in tanks that will one shot one another as they battle RNG and then curse themselves wishing they waited .2 seconds for the circle to close a little more. If they do anything like this week, I'd like to see them have a static damage role for AP, APCR, and HEAT not a low or high roll damage value and another week where they limit premium shells to 5 per match. 

 

The Maus you say...  I would argue that arty does not keep the game moving, but rather, it slows it down and forces people to hide in cover or camp.  In many instances, most heavy tanks can hardly leave their own spawn without being hit by an enemy artillery piece, notably on the medium to small map size range.  Having to abandon 1/3 or even 1/2 of a map because there is artillery in play takes alot of fun out of a match and limits what players can do.  


"The 360 was released in 2005. The Super Nintendo was released in 1991. With the new Gen next year, the 360 will be farther behind the newest console than the Super Nintendo was behind the 360."


Potato QQ #17 Posted 09 July 2019 - 08:36 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 22492 battles
  • 4,777
  • Member since:
    04-15-2014

View PostFBPrime, on 09 July 2019 - 12:32 PM, said:

 

The Maus you say...  I would argue that arty does not keep the game moving, but rather, it slows it down and forces people to hide in cover or camp.  In many instances, most heavy tanks can hardly leave their own spawn without being hit by an enemy artillery piece, notably on the medium to small map size range.  Having to abandon 1/3 or even 1/2 of a map because there is artillery in play takes alot of fun out of a match and limits what players can do.  

 

Driving a slow Heavy Tank in the wide open map and he got spotted and was driving in a straight line. 

 

As a Arty player even i would take a shot 



FBPrime #18 Posted 09 July 2019 - 08:38 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 49620 battles
  • 1,284
  • [METIN]
  • Member since:
    08-13-2013

View PostPotato QQ, on 09 July 2019 - 03:36 PM, said:

 

Driving a slow Heavy Tank in the wide open map and he got spotted and was driving in a straight line. 

 

As a Arty player even i would take a shot 

 

Look at the time stamp.  He was not even able to leave the spawn.  Unless your suggesting it would have been better to go hide in the K1 immediately.

"The 360 was released in 2005. The Super Nintendo was released in 1991. With the new Gen next year, the 360 will be farther behind the newest console than the Super Nintendo was behind the 360."


mikkoj #19 Posted 09 July 2019 - 08:40 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 30252 battles
  • 2,200
  • Member since:
    12-04-2015

View PostPotato QQ, on 09 July 2019 - 10:36 PM, said:

 

Driving a slow Heavy Tank in the wide open map and he got spotted and was driving in a straight line. 

 

As a Arty player even i would take a shot 

 

Yeah so why leave spawn at all right 

3-marks: Chaffee, PZ 5/4, VK 30.02 M, Cromwell knight, 34-88, T26E4, Churchill 3, T29, E75, conqueror, ELC, snakebite, T32  (13 tanks)

2-marks: lycan, amx chaffee, Brazilian bulldog, bulldog, T49, Ru 251, amx 13 90, WZ- 132A, Sheridan, T44, CDC, sta1, type59, M46, pta leo, t54, T1, bogatyr, kv2, hammer, is, tiger 2, löwe, kv4, m103, st1, T10, jagdpanther, e25, t28, t30,E8, gorynch (33 tanks)

Much wow, not mark hunter.


Ragyoo #20 Posted 09 July 2019 - 08:47 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 26557 battles
  • 495
  • Member since:
    12-27-2016

Hello,

 

Voted no because the proposal is outrageously irrelevant. As surprisingly shocking as a no light tanks week...






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users