The Machine is OP

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

alw2001 #1 Posted 11 July 2019 - 06:28 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 12902 battles
Title speaks for itself. Not fair at all how fast that thing both reloads and unloads its shells and its armour is too good. A chieftain turret with one of the weakspots covered by a gun mantlet and side armour that bounced a side shot from my t110e5 that should have penned and would have allowed me to beat him if it did. Also, completely fake tank, why add it in in the first place? When this next update finally arrives id love u to nerf this thing pls wg

Haukkis #2 Posted 11 July 2019 - 06:38 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33961 battles
It's definitely very strong tank but not overpowered.

sergeant-slow741 #3 Posted 11 July 2019 - 06:41 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21775 battles
:popcorn:
End of passion play, crumbling away I'm your source of self destruction. Veins that pump with fear,sucking darkest clear leading on your death's destruction. Taste me you will see more as you need dedicated to how im killing you.

FusionStar287 #4 Posted 11 July 2019 - 06:41 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 20395 battles
  • [JOCO]

View Postalw2001, on 11 July 2019 - 01:28 PM, said:

Title speaks for itself. Not fair at all how fast that thing both reloads and unloads its shells and its armour is too good. A chieftain turret with one of the weakspots covered by a gun mantlet and side armour that bounced a side shot from my t110e5 that should have penned and would have allowed me to beat him if it did. Also, completely fake tank, why add it in in the first place? When this next update finally arrives id love u to nerf this thing pls wg

It's only OP in a good player's hands, while it's worse than most tier X heavies and mediums when played by a poor player. Also, it's side armor is complete garbage, being overmatched by almost everything, and it's a large target with a ton of easily penned frontal weakpoints.

"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

"wefWEGFRF" - RaiBOT01, 2017

Tempest fox3 #5 Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:09 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 20687 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostFusionStar287, on 11 July 2019 - 06:41 PM, said:

It's only OP in a good player's hands, while it's worse than most tier X heavies and mediums when played by a poor player. Also, it's side armor is complete garbage, being overmatched by almost everything, and it's a large target with a ton of easily penned frontal weakpoints.

3 frontal weakspots = a ton? 

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131 - In order obtained

Spoiler

Ragyoo #6 Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:32 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26369 battles

Hello,

Not true. The Machine is often driven to an early death because of this speed, and its stupid weak sides, all of them. 

SprungNickel427 #7 Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:49 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 33055 battles
  • [UMFF5]
I get ripped apart regularly in this tank. Not OP. very unforgiving and a lot of players know frontally to shoot the shoulders and she's done. best game 4k but most games are 1500-2500 and done. so not OP in my hands. 

M4ntiX #8 Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:52 PM

Major

• Players
  • 28668 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostRagyoo, on 11 July 2019 - 07:32 PM, said:

Hello,

Not true. The Machine is often driven to an early death because of this speed, and its stupid weak sides, all of them. 

Right. It's not op because it's too quick. Gotcha.

Also, it isn't op because it reloads so quickly it has a chance of running out of ammo and that's a balancing feature too!

:D

"4 kids single father 2 boats a plane 3cars and more battles than you."

"Jesus you smegheads are whiny about your Epeens."

AJH387 #9 Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:57 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15716 battles
  • [HLCAT]

View PostFusionStar287, on 11 July 2019 - 01:41 PM, said:

Not saying you are wrong but the TVP in it's current state (nerf) can't be justified, if this thing exists as-is. It just can't. That is my biggest issue w/ the Machine. You guys worked hard for it and thats great. But then if everyone can have that, then I feel like putting the TVP back to pre-nerf only makes sense. 

FusionStar287 #10 Posted 11 July 2019 - 08:14 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 20395 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostTempest fox3, on 11 July 2019 - 02:09 PM, said:

3 frontal weakspots = a ton? 

Maybe a ton wasn't the right word to use, but even so the Machine has more easily penned frontal weak points than most high tier heavies and mediums. I mean, there are some heavies with multiple weak points that are still fairly tough to pen (like the E100), but the Machine has multiple weak points that are easily penned by almost everything (namely the angled plates on the hull, the lower plate on either side by the tracks, and the cupola on top). Add on that a large part of the frontal hull armor outside of its weak points can still be penned my many tier IX and X premium shells and the fact that its side armor is overmatched by pretty much everything and you have a tank that can't rely on its armor and especially can't handle fighting reds from more than one direction at once.

Of course, the tank is still very strong, and I don't want it to sound like its armor is completely worthless (after all, many players will still bounce when you're hull down or charging straight at them). Its armor just seems to be often overhyped and overexaggerated.

"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

f1mitku #11 Posted 11 July 2019 - 08:28 PM

Major

• Players
  • 47468 battles
So the OP has been killed in his E5 be a Machine and this definitely means it’s OP. Gotcha. :facepalm:
Don't rush me, I'm waiting for the last moment!

fozfactor #12 Posted 11 July 2019 - 08:50 PM

Major

• Players
  • 58992 battles

View PostFusionStar287, on 11 July 2019 - 01:41 PM, said:

It's only OP in a good player's hands...

I can't get it to work, then again I'm not that good. :P

Maybe my head's not in the game these days but it seems like mine came with gremlins.

non nobis solum

animatethant #13 Posted 11 July 2019 - 09:43 PM

Major

• Players
  • 79619 battles

I'll say this that it's a much better reward tank than the tusk. 

Tusk is fun and potentially devastating but very situational ...

Tempest fox3 #14 Posted 11 July 2019 - 09:52 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 20687 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostFusionStar287, on 11 July 2019 - 08:14 PM, said:

Maybe a ton wasn't the right word to use, but even so the Machine has more easily penned frontal weak points than most high tier heavies and mediums. I mean, there are some heavies with multiple weak points that are still fairly tough to pen (like the E100), but the Machine has multiple weak points that are easily penned by almost everything (namely the angled plates on the hull, the lower plate on either side by the tracks, and the cupola on top). Add on that a large part of the frontal hull armor outside of its weak points can still be penned my many tier IX and X premium shells and the fact that its side armor is overmatched by pretty much everything and you have a tank that can't rely on its armor and especially can't handle fighting reds from more than one direction at once.

Of course, the tank is still very strong, and I don't want it to sound like its armor is completely worthless (after all, many players will still bounce when you're hull down or charging straight at them). Its armor just seems to be often overhyped and overexaggerated.

The cupola and angled side sections of the hull are the only real frontal weakspots. I don't really think it's fair to include sections that can be prem spammed in the weakspot category.

And I am well aware it's side Armour is weak. It's the same hull the 50b has, difference being everyone just shoots the 50b in the turret because it's weak af. Even one of the Chieftain turret weaknesses is covered on this version of the turret due to the inclusion of the TVP gun mantle. 

Armour wise I think it's better (overall) Than the 50b/T57 heavy/Kran. Obviously the Kran has a stronger turret but it's hull is really weak. 

And to say it has a worse hull frontally that mediums is odd to me, the only mediums I'd argue have a better frontal hull would be the 430u and the FV4202.

Lest we mention, even if the tank had no Armour. The gun and the mobility alone would still make it a very strong tank (though it would be far more situational) 

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131 - In order obtained

Spoiler

M4ntiX #15 Posted 11 July 2019 - 10:11 PM

Major

• Players
  • 28668 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostTempest fox3, on 11 July 2019 - 09:52 PM, said:

The cupola and angled side sections of the hull are the only real frontal weakspots. I don't really think it's fair to include sections that can be prem spammed in the weakspot category.

Technically that's not true, mate. When facing the Machine head on, both drive wheels are weak spots that can be easily penned by anything it sees (tested in tier VIII Caravan, T28 proto, King Tiger and T34). Shoot through the track and it goes into the hull dealing damage. A lucky shot will also track the tank. Problem is, most people don't know this and are going for the LFP instead (not a weak spot, btw) or the tiny, bouncy cupola.

Don't get me wrong, I still think the Machine is op, but it may also be the worst played, best tier X tank in the game.

"4 kids single father 2 boats a plane 3cars and more battles than you."

"Jesus you smegheads are whiny about your Epeens."

FusionStar287 #16 Posted 11 July 2019 - 10:32 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 20395 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostTempest fox3, on 11 July 2019 - 04:52 PM, said:

And I am well aware it's side Armour is weak. It's the same hull the 50b has, difference being everyone just shoots the 50b in the turret because it's weak af. Even one of the Chieftain turret weaknesses is covered on this version of the turret due to the inclusion of the TVP gun mantle. 

Armour wise I think it's better (overall) Than the 50b/T57 heavy/Kran. Obviously the Kran has a stronger turret but it's hull is really weak. 

And to say it has a worse hull frontally that mediums is odd to me, the only mediums I'd argue have a better frontal hull would be the 430u and the FV4202.

Lest we mention, even if the tank had no Armour. The gun and the mobility alone would still make it a very strong tank (though it would be far more situational) 

I didn't include the areas that require premium ammo from most tanks to pen as weak points (thus referring to those areas as "outside of its weakpoints" ).

As for its armor, I'd say that the only heavy tank with worse armor is the AMX 50B and the Machine's armor is around the middle of the pack when it comes to mediums. I'd also definitely say that the Kranvagn and T57 Heavy have better armor, as the Kranvagn has that nearly invincible turret and a decently strong upper plate (which is also nearly invincible when using some of its gun depression) while the T57 Heavy's armor is a bit worse frontally but much stronger on the side (which allows the T57 to sidescrape where the Machine simply can't).

And to be honest if the Machine had no armor whatsoever it would probably be one of the worst tier X tanks in the game (or at the very least worse than most tier Xs). Its speed is very good and its gun can unload a bunch of damage very quickly, but at the same time those advantages are already held back a bit by the tank's mediocre mobility and acceleration and its gun's fairly low pen and DPM. Likewise its very solid frontal armor is held back by its terrible armor everywhere else on the tank and multiple weak points that can't bounce anything on the front.

alw2001 #17 Posted 11 July 2019 - 10:35 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 12902 battles

View PostRagyoo, on 11 July 2019 - 07:32 PM, said:

Hello,

Dont remember saying foolproof pal

Wroclaw #18 Posted 12 July 2019 - 12:16 AM

Major

• Players
  • 55583 battles
whats with all the serious replys. this is just a "i bounced a shot that should have penned" thread.

Mahrs #19 Posted 12 July 2019 - 01:42 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5933 battles

I just saw a Machine very nearly carry an encounter battle on Malinovka based solely on its ability to beat every other heavy up the hill and use the terrain to cover its weak spots.  No one wants to push it and trade all that HP early (burst damage rocks sometimes). My team was within seven seconds of losing and only a shrewd light sacrificing his own tank kept us in it.  The Machine made it off the hill, of course, and was only able to be killed by arty because he was tying to pad his stats (shotgunned, in fact...I lol’d).

Sure, it has weaknesses...but, damned if it’s not a pain in the [edited]under the right circumstances. 

TemplarKnight75 #20 Posted 12 July 2019 - 01:44 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21441 battles
  • [OJD]
Just wait for plus 1 I heard that fixes everything 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users