Raibot max wg How does it work? miss a month

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Chr15py #1 Posted 16 July 2019 - 05:42 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 15383 battles

Hi Max and Raibot. 

I have an issue...I am going on holiday for two weeks in September and a further week in October this year. 

Now whilst that is awesome (and very much needed), not knowing how this will effect my chance to obtain the end of year prize is highly frustrating. 

Am am I going to have to smash it out before I go potentially not enjoying the task? If I don’t manage it, will I be able to still obtain the end of year prize? What actually IS the end of year prize?!?!?

I understand you don’t want to tell everyone what the tank is for a fear of reprisal, but the longer you wait to tell us, the more you stand to lose. From my perspective, if I have to miss Septembers off and monthly grind off and as a result can not obtain the end tank, even though I will more than likely do all of the other months, I think that would be it for me! 

So what EXACTLY am I saying?

1) you need to tell us how missing one month or more will effect the end prize!!! Life gets in the way sometimes and not everyone can always complete each task. I know three people I used to play with that are no longer playing as “there’s no point”...

2) you really need to disclose more information about the end of year tank. In June we were going to be told in two weeks...that’s over a month back from when this was said. You said very recently that in the next few days we would receive information on the tank....the definition of a few is exactly three days. That’s passed by too. 

This really isn't a biggie to ask. We need to know soon or you’ll more than likely annoy enough people that you may as well close up shop. 

Hope you can can at least answer these questions and give us an exact roadmap of when we will know. 

Kind regards

Chris

"Per Ardua ad Astra - Through adversity to the stars"

sergeant-slow741 #2 Posted 16 July 2019 - 05:46 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 22924 battles
SOON™
End of passion play, crumbling away I'm your source of self destruction. Veins that pump with fear,sucking darkest clear leading on your death's destruction. Taste me you will see more as you need dedicated to how im killing you.

BrogueOne #3 Posted 16 July 2019 - 05:55 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 23219 battles
  • [ELDER]
RaiBOT01 has previously mentioned in another thread that there will be some considerations for folks who missed a Stage or two “due to life”.  I imagine that the article which announces the Annual Reward will also contain that information.  The article was ostensibly delayed because of “localization” (translations for all regions) and suggests that the announcement will be about much more than just a tank.

donny007-THX #4 Posted 16 July 2019 - 06:08 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22905 battles

View PostBrogueOne, on 16 July 2019 - 09:55 AM, said:

RaiBOT01 has previously mentioned in another thread that there will be some considerations for folks who missed a Stage or two “due to life”. I imagine that the article which announces the Annual Reward will also contain that information. The article was ostensibly delayed because of “localization” (translations for all regions) and suggests that the announcement will be about much more than just a tank.

How about we just start with the English version and release the rest as they are translated....by whatever method that takes so much effort.

When a man with a .45 meets a man with a rifle, you said, the man with a pistol's a dead man. Let's see if that's true. Go ahead, load up and shoot.

BrogueOne #5 Posted 16 July 2019 - 06:13 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 23219 battles
  • [ELDER]

View Postdonny007-THX, on 16 July 2019 - 06:08 PM, said:

How about we just start with the English version and release the rest as they are translated....by whatever method that takes so much effort.

Because the non-English speaking world has as much right to get the news when we do.  Though I do wish they’d just say the forking name of the thing since that doesn’t require translation! Lol!

donny007-THX #6 Posted 16 July 2019 - 06:17 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22905 battles

View PostBrogueOne, on 16 July 2019 - 10:13 AM, said:

Because the non-English speaking world has as much right to get the news when we do.  Though I do wish they’d just say the forking name of the thing since that doesn’t require translation! Lol!

Put it out in Estonian then.  I have Google translate.    Or Czech, I like the sound of Czech.

Edited by donny007-THX, 16 July 2019 - 06:18 PM.

When a man with a .45 meets a man with a rifle, you said, the man with a pistol's a dead man. Let's see if that's true. Go ahead, load up and shoot.

CatSnipah #7 Posted 16 July 2019 - 06:20 PM

Major

• Players
  • 26662 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostBrogueOne, on 16 July 2019 - 05:55 PM, said:

RaiBOT01 has previously mentioned in another thread that there will be some considerations for folks who missed a Stage or two “due to life”. I imagine that the article which announces the Annual Reward will also contain that information. The article was ostensibly delayed because of “localization” (translations for all regions) and suggests that the announcement will be about much more than just a tank.

So this is evidence of poor planning, once again.

You know this has to be done. You plan for it. You pick an announcement date, lay out everything that has to be done ahead of such date, then work backwards, identifying sequence, due dates, ownership/ accountability.

It's fundamental project management. 

donny007-THX #8 Posted 16 July 2019 - 06:24 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22905 battles

View PostCatSnipah, on 16 July 2019 - 10:20 AM, said:

You know this has to be done. You plan for it. You pick an announcement date, lay out everything that has to be done ahead of such date, then work backwards, identifying sequence, due dates, ownership/ accountability.

Designed by mechanical engineer Henry Gantt in 1910........As an example "planning" was done before Facebook.

BrogueOne #9 Posted 16 July 2019 - 06:24 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 23219 battles
  • [ELDER]

View PostCatSnipah, on 16 July 2019 - 06:20 PM, said:

They could’ve waited until near the end of the year to announce the tank.  They’re publishing the article “when it’s ready” as opposed to “when they planned it”.  If they had an exact announcement date we wouldn’t have been told Soon™ multiple times by now.

donny007-THX #10 Posted 16 July 2019 - 07:10 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22905 battles

I can just wait for this thread to receive an answer by either of the addressees......

tunnelvision78 #11 Posted 16 July 2019 - 08:04 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21389 battles
  • [WTC]

Nevermind..... lol.........

radonism #12 Posted 16 July 2019 - 08:12 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 16892 battles

View PostChr15py, on 16 July 2019 - 05:42 PM, said:

This really isn't a biggie to ask. We need to know soon or you’ll more than likely annoy enough people that you may as well close up shop. 

Hope you can can at least answer these questions and give us an exact roadmap of when we will know. 

Exactly how I feel. I've kinda lost motivation to play at the moment. 

I'm not bothered by a derp Hellcat and know I'll not be making the August games, as I'm away for most of that month. 

I've done every month so far, but think I'll not manage July either. Stuck on 280 points right now, but can't be bothered to log-in.

The delay in announcing the year end rewards kinda means one things to me. It's underwhelming and they are scared of losing the player base...

im_balthazur #13 Posted 16 July 2019 - 09:48 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 40513 battles
  • [DODTR]

View PostBrogueOne, on 16 July 2019 - 06:13 PM, said:

The non-English speaking world doesn’t play World of Comic Book Tanks. WG made sure of that when they pulled out of the number 1 and number 2 gaming markets in the world. 

The op knows 3 people that don’t play anymore? I know over 1000 that don’t play anymore because of the idiotic moves this so- called game development company makes. This game is not world wide on console. It is a regional game. And in those regions, English is spoken.

TemplarKnight75 #14 Posted 17 July 2019 - 03:30 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21808 battles
  • [OJD]

View Postim_balthazur, on 16 July 2019 - 04:48 PM, said:

The non-English speaking world doesn’t play World of Comic Book Tanks. WG made sure of that when they pulled out of the number 1 and number 2 gaming markets in the world. 

The op knows 3 people that don’t play anymore? I know over 1000 that don’t play anymore because of the idiotic moves this so- called game development company makes. This game is not world wide on console. It is a regional game. And in those regions, English is spoken.

circumstantial evidence is not evidence. That being said it is stupid they won't release the info in ANY language at least them we could translate it by way of Google or a bilingual gamer. 

FusionStar287 #15 Posted 17 July 2019 - 07:37 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 20400 battles
  • [JOCO]

View Postim_balthazur, on 16 July 2019 - 04:48 PM, said:

Wow, you know not one, not two, but more than one thousand players who quit playing WoT, and not only that but you know them well enough to know their exact reasoning for leaving? How do you find time to talk to them all?

"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

"wefWEGFRF" - RaiBOT01, 2017

Rubbelito #16 Posted 17 July 2019 - 07:53 AM

Major

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 24447 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

View Postim_balthazur, on 16 July 2019 - 11:48 PM, said:

The non-English speaking world doesn’t play World of Comic Book Tanks.

No, I play WoT Console.

:facepalm:

Cpt KYU #17 Posted 17 July 2019 - 07:57 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19684 battles

View PostFusionStar287, on 17 July 2019 - 08:37 AM, said:

Wow, you know not one, not two, but more than one thousand players who quit playing WoT, and not only that but you know them well enough to know their exact reasoning for leaving? How do you find time to talk to them all?

Yeah yeah yeah, he’s exaggerating, we know. But don’t tell me you don’t know players who quit this game at the moment the Marketing Department took over and the Gameplay Department got slashed to a minimal skeleton crew that is to monetize the assets PC is delivering them. Sure they can ‘balance’ them the way they see fit, throw different existing parts on other parts and call them ‘Mercenary Tanks’, but don’t come up with anything that costs money...

So yeah, this probably is all about the marketing. Very very dubious marketing too...

dzhey43 #18 Posted 17 July 2019 - 07:58 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 29467 battles
  • [3EBC]
Every op is 3 month, than 3 discounts from 0 to 100. So year reward will have 4 discounts from 0 to 100. Should be tier 10, there were a question in battle heroes about reward tank, will it be called reward or premium. The answer were we can't say it yet. Now we know they are called premium tanks and they are 10tier. On PC they are called reward tanks.
Spoiler

Chr15py #19 Posted 17 July 2019 - 11:37 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 15383 battles

Max? Do you have anything you could add to this? 

Chris

"Per Ardua ad Astra - Through adversity to the stars"

MaxChaos24 #20 Posted 17 July 2019 - 11:42 AM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 13184 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostChr15py, on 17 July 2019 - 07:37 AM, said:

Max? Do you have anything you could add to this? 

Chris

Unfortunately I don't have any information. Raibot01 would be the point of contact and has mentioned it's being worked on. We just need to hang tight until the information is available. :honoring:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users