Jump to content


Please rename game to: Lose Lose Lose


  • Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

TocFanKe4 #21 Posted 17 July 2019 - 02:28 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 20728 battles
  • 23,937
  • [GIRLS]
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014

View Postim_balthazur, on 16 July 2019 - 07:43 PM, said:

 

 

your e50m against my 430U and 14 Anything with AMX or BC in front of it.

 

Done. When I get back from the beach we will set it up. We will let you have first shot.

 

Traktors or nothing.  Your ridiculous statement deserved a ridiculous answer.  Small sample size is small


 

The E25 was built for Shenanigans


Tempest fox3 #22 Posted 17 July 2019 - 03:39 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 20389 battles
  • 17,467
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013

View Postim_balthazur, on 17 July 2019 - 12:43 AM, said:

 

 

your e50m against my 430U and 14 Anything with AMX or BC in front of it.

 

Done. When I get back from the beach we will set it up. We will let you have first shot.

 

So is this the only way you can get a win?

 

For a solo player, 30% of games are unwinnable (trash team mates vs competent opponents), 30% are un-loseable. (not even sure that's a word). The remainder is up to your ability to tip the scales. 

 

You can tip the scales further by playing certain tanks that have more carry potential or by platooning but you'll never win them all. 

 


War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32 - In order obtained


MegaHesh #23 Posted 17 July 2019 - 04:31 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 22874 battles
  • 2,618
  • Member since:
    01-23-2016

Win rate is not your personal rate, it is a team (you played with) rate. 

Nothing to worry about. 

 

I would regret if i was close to get an ace tanker or Kolobanov medal in a battle, but did not get it, etc. )


WOT-чат без банов и тертых постов: https://discord.gg/PyMc4gg

Rommels Cat #24 Posted 17 July 2019 - 08:29 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 2523 battles
  • 526
  • Member since:
    03-28-2019

After a vicious losing streak i finally won a game and came first. My team mates sent me a message saying i should go back to halo. 

Yep i cant win. 



FinlandRed #25 Posted 17 July 2019 - 08:47 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 21378 battles
  • 1,882
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostRommels Cat, on 17 July 2019 - 08:29 AM, said:

After a vicious losing streak i finally won a game and came first. My team mates sent me a message saying i should go back to halo. 

Yep i cant win. 

 

Strange, I had the same last night. Carried hard to recover a Tier VII game in my T-VI-100. End with 3K damage and 5 kills. Just missed out on a Top Gun. Made the mistake of saying "I call that a carry." to a mate over an open channel. Oh the salt from the some of the team.

 

Ended the night with a sub 50% win rate. Spotting Ops with LTs bring out the worst idiots.



Master Raigoth #26 Posted 17 July 2019 - 11:06 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 4446 battles
  • 185
  • [7C]
  • Member since:
    12-22-2015

View Postim_balthazur, on 17 July 2019 - 12:16 AM, said:

 

 

You did not figure in latency/ lag spikes. Until WG catches up to 2019 ( never gonna happen) then no, you don’t determine your win rate and no matter what, your “skill” will not be represented.

 

I play with 1 or 2 bars. 

 

Im sorry what? Ive never had an issue with latency beyond a single half second lag spike here and there (Hours apart from one another)

Sounds like an issue on your end, not wargamings. 

 

"But other games work fine!"

Thats all well and good, but doesnt change the fact that the issue may very well be on your end, not Wargamings.



SightlessRogue0 #27 Posted 17 July 2019 - 12:03 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 18564 battles
  • 2,612
  • Member since:
    05-16-2017
Take into account the meta, there is certain period of the day or if you do what needs to be done on the map .... you do not help the team that decided collectively (like a flock of lemming) of do something else. Look where you can be most helpful to the team. It is difficult for me to adapt to the team so much the game is disconnected sometimes (late afternoon and early evening at home) but in recent weeks I do not feel like living so much defeat consecutive than before.

I use Google translator for english language

Lots of juggling in french text, sometimes translator in trouble with that. If you do not understand what I write, tell me.


JediAL78 #28 Posted 17 July 2019 - 12:33 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 18377 battles
  • 2,847
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostTempest fox3, on 17 July 2019 - 03:39 AM, said:

 

So is this the only way you can get a win?

 

For a solo player, 30% of games are unwinnable (trash team mates vs competent opponents), 30% are un-loseable. (not even sure that's a word). The remainder is up to your ability to tip the scales. 

 

You can tip the scales further by playing certain tanks that have more carry potential or by platooning but you'll never win them all. 

 

 

This is quite true.

For example if your in a battle and playing well, let's say at tier 7, and you take out 5 enemy tanks and have a damage total of around 4k, then you will have made a very good contribution to your teams chances of success. If you have only managed around 800 damage and no kills, then you aren't doing much to influence the outcome of the match.


List of tanks I have in Garage

Spoiler

 


FinlandRed #29 Posted 17 July 2019 - 02:58 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 21378 battles
  • 1,882
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

Sadly there are some games you just can't carry. Here's one from Ranked Battles at the weekend. I couldn't do any more

 



woods sniper #30 Posted 17 July 2019 - 03:49 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 33725 battles
  • 347
  • Member since:
    09-01-2015

I finished the summer op four days ago. Decided to get some serous grinding done. I do my daily 2x for first win if I do not win I move on to next tank, 2x for finishing the op and 5x xp boost. 

Day one - 4-12

Day two - 6-9

Day three - 2-15

Day four - 7-9

I have above 50% win. Played tiers 7-9, all lines, all nations except Japan. 

I am was in top 5 at least 90% of the time.

Only thing different is the kiss of death 5x xp boost!



Kaptain Proton #31 Posted 18 July 2019 - 01:47 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 38737 battles
  • 55
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    03-07-2016

I’m pretty sure I won 18 games in a row last night with my Huntsman.  I think that is a new record for me. I did not play great. It just worked out that way.  For some reason the Hunrsman is my lucky charm. 

 

I’m trying a new method where I play a tank and if I lose 2 in a row I move on and play another tank until I lose. Unless I’m grinding or having fun in a tank. 



PrimalSeal1965 #32 Posted 18 July 2019 - 02:04 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 10495 battles
  • 482
  • [RETRO]
  • Member since:
    05-04-2016

Well what more is there to say? My take is don't take loss personally, it's a game. You get a win and get beat a few and it does seem sometimes like you're not gonna win ever. Heck, I've seen 14 losses in a row! Even worse at times. I've sit all day and seen loss after loss! Change severs and same thing! If you take it seriously that will cause you to pull your hair out! Just Chill and don't worry about it! 

 

 My advice is just play to have fun and not worry about winning or losing and just Have fun trying. You may get beat but hey go down fighting! 

 

Honestly, stats, win rate doesn't mean a thing in real life. It's just a game and you really don't get anything out of it other than having fun and spending your hard earned cash. It's a game even though

a lot of folks take it seriously. Nothing wrong with that at all that's their choice. My thing is It's a game, if I can afford it, I'll spend some cash and if not I don't. Lately been real hard telling the wife I need some cash to spend. Being sick a lot broke my piggy bank so funds limited. Anyways, HAVE FUN! Don't take it seriously! GAME=FUN! FUN! FUN! 



Joseph270965 #33 Posted 19 July 2019 - 01:19 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 38445 battles
  • 55
  • Member since:
    04-29-2016

View PostDANCING FLAMES, on 17 July 2019 - 01:52 AM, said:

Finally an intelligent answer. ^^^This is the reality of win rates. I wish players sometime would focus on the task at hand instead of worrying about a number on you stat page.

 

I am very sorry, but I am afraid you are msitaken. Here is explanation.

 

Make an experiment:

Take tank. New one. Go to battle and - do nothing. Just sit, stand, go away, watch tv... whatever. Just DO NOT FIGHT, just stay at base. Do it 100x, 500x, 1000x etc... What will your WR be?

 

If it depended up to your skill, your WR would be zero, due to you did nothing. But it will not be zero, how´s that possible?

 

Those like you only are making a statement that WR IS skill based, but with no proof. This is nothing more than your opinion.

 

Statistics is most sofisticated form of lie. Everyone who understands at least a bit of it as mathematical discipline will tell you. First level - simple lie, second one - perjury, third - statsitics. There is big need of carefullness while explanation of statistical data, as there is big difference between CORRELATION and RELATION.

 

One player in this game - statistically - means nothing. Every player should have around 50% chance to win, +- 1,5% standard deviation - staistically. If it does not have, it PROVES only one thing: there is NOT correct and fair team balancing exists. E. g.: if it was fair, super good player on one side would have the same high skilled (or even better one) opponent in opponent´s team - statistically it would be balanced in the end. You can be proud of your WR, but in fact you are proud on something it does not belong to you.

 

Of course there are things which help a TEAM to win - playing in platoons (skilled one, as stupid platoon makes game loosing being sure), massive usage of prammo, consumables etc. but again - statistically it would be balanced in the end, as you should also get into teams who does not do it against those who do.

 

This is sad truth, unfortunately.The only thing for discussion is - how is that possible, that apparently there is NOT fair team balancing? What do you say, WG? Is it for money? That you put together players who pay for game into teams with higher win probability? In order to give them better feeling from game to force them to pay again, and again, and again...?

 


Edited by Joseph270965, 19 July 2019 - 01:28 PM.


RaisingDaCeiling #34 Posted 19 July 2019 - 01:56 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 3881 battles
  • 193
  • Member since:
    01-25-2016

View PostJoseph270965, on 19 July 2019 - 01:19 PM, said:

 

I am very sorry, but I am afraid you are msitaken. Here is explanation.

 

Make an experiment:

Take tank. New one. Go to battle and - do nothing. Just sit, stand, go away, watch tv... whatever. Just DO NOT FIGHT, just stay at base. Do it 100x, 500x, 1000x etc... What will your WR be?

 

If it depended up to your skill, your WR would be zero, due to you did nothing. But it will not be zero, how´s that possible?

 

Those like you only are making a statement that WR IS skill based, but with no proof. This is nothing more than your opinion.

 

Statistics is most sofisticated form of lie. Everyone who understands at least a bit of it as mathematical discipline will tell you. First level - simple lie, second one - perjury, third - statsitics. There is big need of carefullness while explanation of statistical data, as there is big difference between CORRELATION and RELATION.

 

One player in this game - statistically - means nothing. Every player should have around 50% chance to win, +- 1,5% standard deviation - staistically. If it does not have, it PROVES only one thing: there is NOT correct and fair team balancing exists. E. g.: if it was fair, super good player on one side would have the same high skilled (or even better one) opponent in opponent´s team - statistically it would be balanced in the end. You can be proud of your WR, but in fact you are proud on something it does not belong to you.

 

Of course there are things which help a TEAM to win - playing in platoons (skilled one, as stupid platoon makes game loosing being sure), massive usage of prammo, consumables etc. but again - statistically it would be balanced in the end, as you should also get into teams who does not do it against those who do.

 

This is sad truth, unfortunately.The only thing for discussion is - how is that possible, that apparently there is NOT fair team balancing? What do you say, WG? Is it for money? That you put together players who pay for game into teams with higher win probability? In order to give them better feeling from game to force them to pay again, and again, and again...?

 

 

I call [edited]. Personally I have watched myself get better at this game over the years. I have also watched my stats  increase from being a scrub to being green. I used to be at 48% win/loss.   I'm by no means great at this game but over 100 battles I can honestly say I had an influence in a lot of games and could've  or did change the outcome by myself. Some good some bad. 

 

If you are constantly playing smart, killing the tanks you're supposed to, playing your tank right, and not dying you are helping your team dramatically. Does it change the outcome of every game? No, but over hundreds of battles, yes it does. The little things like I just mentioned factor into more wins or losses.  Over time, 1000's of games, these things do stick out. Over time, the way you play does matter.

 

To your own theory you could sit out 1000 games. I can guarantee you that you would lose more games than if you were actually out there helping your team. Every tank matters. Maybe not every game, but any tank or player can turn a game by even the simplest of moves. The more you play, the more you learn. The more you learn the more you help. The more you help the more you win. Again, not every battle, but over the long haul, this shows.

 

 



MaxChaos24 #35 Posted 19 July 2019 - 02:08 PM

    Gameplay Expert

  • Administrator
  • 12951 battles
  • 20,458
  • [WGW]
  • Member since:
    09-15-2013

View PostJoseph270965, on 19 July 2019 - 09:19 AM, said:

 

I am very sorry, but I am afraid you are msitaken. Here is explanation.

 

Make an experiment:

Take tank. New one. Go to battle and - do nothing. Just sit, stand, go away, watch tv... whatever. Just DO NOT FIGHT, just stay at base. Do it 100x, 500x, 1000x etc... What will your WR be?

 

If it depended up to your skill, your WR would be zero, due to you did nothing. But it will not be zero, how´s that possible?

 

Those like you only are making a statement that WR IS skill based, but with no proof. This is nothing more than your opinion.

 

Statistics is most sofisticated form of lie. Everyone who understands at least a bit of it as mathematical discipline will tell you. First level - simple lie, second one - perjury, third - statsitics. There is big need of carefullness while explanation of statistical data, as there is big difference between CORRELATION and RELATION.

 

One player in this game - statistically - means nothing. Every player should have around 50% chance to win, +- 1,5% standard deviation - staistically. If it does not have, it PROVES only one thing: there is NOT correct and fair team balancing exists. E. g.: if it was fair, super good player on one side would have the same high skilled (or even better one) opponent in opponent´s team - statistically it would be balanced in the end. You can be proud of your WR, but in fact you are proud on something it does not belong to you.

 

Of course there are things which help a TEAM to win - playing in platoons (skilled one, as stupid platoon makes game loosing being sure), massive usage of prammo, consumables etc. but again - statistically it would be balanced in the end, as you should also get into teams who does not do it against those who do.

 

This is sad truth, unfortunately.The only thing for discussion is - how is that possible, that apparently there is NOT fair team balancing? What do you say, WG? Is it for money? That you put together players who pay for game into teams with higher win probability? In order to give them better feeling from game to force them to pay again, and again, and again...?

 

 

That's not really a good example and doesn't really apply to how a players skill affects win rate / outcomes of the game. 

 

TocFanKe4 nailed it in his response of what role skill plays and how it affects your winrate in this post on page 1: http://forum-console...11#entry4818811

 

Take a die and roll it 100 times and note the results.

Now take that die and put a small weight on one side (representing your skill). Now role the dice 100 times. You are still going to roll various numbers however due to the weight (player skill), you'll end up rolling that number more often than other numbers. 

 

Player skill influences the outcome of the battle and is not a black and white scenario as you proposed that if you don't play you'll have a 0% win rate. Instead you will have a less than 50% win rate as the lack of playing will influence the battle causing your team to lose more often than win. 



FinlandRed #36 Posted 19 July 2019 - 02:58 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 21378 battles
  • 1,882
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostJoseph270965, on 19 July 2019 - 01:19 PM, said:

 

I am very sorry, but I am afraid you are msitaken. Here is explanation.

 

Make an experiment:

Take tank. New one. Go to battle and - do nothing. Just sit, stand, go away, watch tv... whatever. Just DO NOT FIGHT, just stay at base. Do it 100x, 500x, 1000x etc... What will your WR be?

 

If it depended up to your skill, your WR would be zero, due to you did nothing. But it will not be zero, how´s that possible?

 

Those like you only are making a statement that WR IS skill based, but with no proof. This is nothing more than your opinion.

 

Statistics is most sofisticated form of lie. Everyone who understands at least a bit of it as mathematical discipline will tell you. First level - simple lie, second one - perjury, third - statsitics. There is big need of carefullness while explanation of statistical data, as there is big difference between CORRELATION and RELATION.

 

One player in this game - statistically - means nothing. Every player should have around 50% chance to win, +- 1,5% standard deviation - staistically. If it does not have, it PROVES only one thing: there is NOT correct and fair team balancing exists. E. g.: if it was fair, super good player on one side would have the same high skilled (or even better one) opponent in opponent´s team - statistically it would be balanced in the end. You can be proud of your WR, but in fact you are proud on something it does not belong to you.

 

Of course there are things which help a TEAM to win - playing in platoons (skilled one, as stupid platoon makes game loosing being sure), massive usage of prammo, consumables etc. but again - statistically it would be balanced in the end, as you should also get into teams who does not do it against those who do.

 

This is sad truth, unfortunately.The only thing for discussion is - how is that possible, that apparently there is NOT fair team balancing? What do you say, WG? Is it for money? That you put together players who pay for game into teams with higher win probability? In order to give them better feeling from game to force them to pay again, and again, and again...?

 

 

Sorry but this is flat out nonsense - Player skill plays a massive part in this game.

 

Example: Between 25th April to 29th May I played 431 games and won 262. That's a 60.79% win rate. My lifetime average for WoT is 58%. No doubt there were some good teams but not all of them.

 

As for your assertion that one player means nothing in this game? More nonsense. I know for a fact I'm way better than when I started playing five years ago. Yes I do get one shot (It's why ammo racks exist) or sometimes outplayed but more often than not I'm out front spotting reds or doing damage whilst trying to keep my tank in the game. Because of this I'm top five regularly and sometimes carrying games.

 

Some better players like Swindle or JohnArrowsmith are force multipliers all on their own and their results reflect this.

 

The summary is: Skilled players have more a positive impact on the game and thus have higher win rates and WN8.

 



westmech #37 Posted 19 July 2019 - 03:17 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 13261 battles
  • 449
  • [LITE]
  • Member since:
    12-04-2015

View PostTocFanKe4, on 16 July 2019 - 04:18 PM, said:

 

I must have some really good teams  :trollface:

 

You do determine your win rate, as does your team.  A 60% win rate is 1 win more every 10 games than a 50% win rate.  You basically have to keep your team from losing 1 extra time out of 10.  You're not going to win all the time, or lose all the time over hundreds of games.  But skill does show eventually by adding up that one or two extra games you win better than just a coin flip over the course of hundreds of games.  Good map awareness to defend or cap the base when you need to will get you halfway there. 

OMG THIS! This should be pinned as a permanent explanation to win rates. You deserve a free tank for this post :medal:. I will be using this on every whiny facebook post about people losing all the time. 

View PostFinlandRed, on 17 July 2019 - 01:47 AM, said:

 

Strange, I had the same last night. Carried hard to recover a Tier VII game in my T-VI-100. End with 3K damage and 5 kills. Just missed out on a Top Gun. Made the mistake of saying "I call that a carry." to a mate over an open channel. Oh the salt from the some of the team.

 

Ended the night with a sub 50% win rate. Spotting Ops with LTs bring out the worst idiots.

I hope the all tankers read this so they understand it isn't just them and everyone goes through slumps. 

 

View PostMaxChaos24, on 19 July 2019 - 07:08 AM, said:

 

That's not really a good example and doesn't really apply to how a players skill affects win rate / outcomes of the game. 

 

TocFanKe4 nailed it in his response of what role skill plays and how it affects your winrate in this post on page 1: http://forum-console...11#entry4818811

 

Take a die and roll it 100 times and note the results.

Now take that die and put a small weight on one side (representing your skill). Now role the dice 100 times. You are still going to roll various numbers however due to the weight (player skill), you'll end up rolling that number more often than other numbers. 

 

Player skill influences the outcome of the battle and is not a black and white scenario as you proposed that if you don't play you'll have a 0% win rate. Instead you will have a less than 50% win rate as the lack of playing will influence the battle causing your team to lose more often than win. 

Nicely put :great:

 

Tankers need to stop playing the victim and start analyzing and deconstructing their own gameplay. This game rewards the people who constantly learn and improve. 



TocFanKe4 #38 Posted 19 July 2019 - 04:30 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 20728 battles
  • 23,937
  • [GIRLS]
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014
This game is a lot like baseball.  The best hitters in baseball will only get a hit less than once out of 3 tries.  Average hitters will get a hit once out of every 4 tries.  Great players will go 0-25.  They also go 17-25.  Small sample sizes don't matter, it's what you do over large sample sizes that shows your true skill. 

 

The E25 was built for Shenanigans


Neurotic Cell #39 Posted 19 July 2019 - 05:00 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 23125 battles
  • 7,757
  • [FLT]
  • Member since:
    12-14-2013

View PostTocFanKe4, on 19 July 2019 - 11:30 AM, said:

This game is a lot like baseball.  The best hitters in baseball will only get a hit less than once out of 3 tries.  Average hitters will get a hit once out of every 4 tries.  Great players will go 0-25.  They also go 17-25.  Small sample sizes don't matter, it's what you do over large sample sizes that shows your true skill. 

 

And I’m about ready to ride the bench...

"Win or lose, naught to choose - all men are equal when their memory fades. No one knows, friends or foes, if Valhalla lies beyond the grave." - Motörhead “Deaf Forever”


Very Classy #40 Posted 19 July 2019 - 06:31 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 31568 battles
  • 3,528
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    04-24-2014

View Postim_balthazur, on 16 July 2019 - 08:46 PM, said:

 

actually Sanya, but I understand you not knowing the difference. And since I turned my account over to my son when WG abandoned the number one and number two gaming markets in the world, I take no offense. He likes to YOLO. I only play rarely so I can help him to get all tier 10’s in the games TT. After that this train wreck gets removed from my system.

 

Again, play with 1 or 2 bars, then reassess.

 

 

 

You have many excuses. 

 

That's fine, I don't mind, but please understand that the only consistent factor in a player's win rate is the player themselves.

 

If I didn't think I could make a difference, I'd probably put down the sticks. 



There is literally an Xbox 360 in a museum, and this is the best joke you can come up with?
                                                                                         -- allhavoc





2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users