Jump to content


MM Tier Tracking

+2/-2 Low Tier MM

  • Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

TocFanKe4 #21 Posted 23 July 2019 - 05:25 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21012 battles
  • 24,381
  • [GIRLS]
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014

View PostCatSnipah, on 18 July 2019 - 11:32 AM, said:

 

 

Please provide links to these rules, or where someone from WG spoke to them (not that you can always take this as total valudation).

 

I got a PM from Max that the mercy rule is still in the game. But it's not automatic top tier after 2 bottom tier.  It's something like it tries to put you in the top part of MM weight if you're in the bottom third two times in a row. You could be middle tier and still have the mercy rule apply.

 

Also, this is a "tries to"  rule. If there's low server population or a strange mix of tiers in the game, it'll ignore this rule to try to have the minimum time in queue.  I can copy you the PM if you like.


 

The E25 was built for Shenanigans


Xero M XTC #22 Posted 23 July 2019 - 09:16 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 13658 battles
  • 461
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostRoadied You, on 18 July 2019 - 02:55 PM, said:

Which tanks though? Because preferential matchmaking tanks will flaw the data.

 

time of day/server pop and number of people queuing in at each tier would also.

Willen #23 Posted 23 July 2019 - 09:35 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 27468 battles
  • 1,135
  • Member since:
    02-13-2016

I'm pretty sure, based on my experience, that the mercy rule does sometimes put you top tier, but that game will be an encounter or assault map, or your team will be all potatoes and you'll lose. Just like how using a XP boost increases your chances of losing, getting top tier by mercy gets negated by some method, decreasing your enjoyment of playing the game. All in an effort to crush your spirit.

 

Yeah, today's session was bad for me and I'm still kinda bitter.



STUART SHERMAN #24 Posted 23 July 2019 - 10:51 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 40636 battles
  • 2,120
  • [FLT]
  • Member since:
    09-10-2013

View PostXero M XTC, on 23 July 2019 - 04:16 AM, said:

 

time of day/server pop and number of people queuing in at each tier would also.

 

I made sure to switch servers and play at various times. It’s all recorded if you’d like to see the numbers. 

                                   

                                                     "Stop it with all the negative waves..."    Oddball


STUART SHERMAN #25 Posted 23 July 2019 - 10:55 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 40636 battles
  • 2,120
  • [FLT]
  • Member since:
    09-10-2013

View Postrrmike, on 22 July 2019 - 11:39 PM, said:

The mercy rule is simply that you can’t be bottom tier 3 matches in a row in the same tank I believe. After 2, you get top OR mid. If you play a different tank I think it resets because I have gotten bottoms for the same tank 3 times in a row (for that tank) but played another tank between the matches.

There is no top tier guarantee for regular mm tanks. I’ve gone 10, 10, 9 in tier 8’s before plenty of times.

 

I also switched tank at least every 2 matches to prevent the “Mercy Rule” from effecting the numbers. 

                                   

                                                     "Stop it with all the negative waves..."    Oddball


STUART SHERMAN #26 Posted 23 July 2019 - 10:58 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 40636 battles
  • 2,120
  • [FLT]
  • Member since:
    09-10-2013

View PostWillen, on 23 July 2019 - 04:35 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure, based on my experience, that the mercy rule does sometimes put you top tier, but that game will be an encounter or assault map, or your team will be all potatoes and you'll lose. Just like how using a XP boost increases your chances of losing, getting top tier by mercy gets negated by some method, decreasing your enjoyment of playing the game. All in an effort to crush your spirit.

 

Yeah, today's session was bad for me and I'm still kinda bitter.

 

Yeah I commented on your post as well and I get your feeling. It’s not fun to getting repeatedly curb stomped. 

                                   

                                                     "Stop it with all the negative waves..."    Oddball


Tempest fox3 #27 Posted 23 July 2019 - 11:17 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 20962 battles
  • 18,234
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013

View PostRoadied You, on 18 July 2019 - 03:40 PM, said:

 

me and a friend bought a Tier 8 TD and platooned last night, during peak hours of 7,000 players.

 

The first 5 games we were facing X's, and the next 3 were Tier 9's and/or X's.

 

It's supposed to guarantee you top tier on your 3rd game after being bottom tier for 2.

 

It's never guaranteed you too tier, not sure why people think that. The rule actually only makes it so you're in the top 50% of the matchmaking weight for that game and it only kicks in if you're in the bottom 50% of the matchmaking weight for two games.

 

You can be constantly bottom tier but for at least of game of every 3 there will only be 3 or less top tier tanks on each team.

 

It also only kicks in if you're playing the same tank and are not in a platoon. 


War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131 - In order obtained

 

Spoiler

STUART SHERMAN #28 Posted 23 July 2019 - 07:49 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 40636 battles
  • 2,120
  • [FLT]
  • Member since:
    09-10-2013

View PostTempest fox3, on 23 July 2019 - 06:17 AM, said:

 

It's never guaranteed you too tier, not sure why people think that. The rule actually only makes it so you're in the top 50% of the matchmaking weight for that game and it only kicks in if you're in the bottom 50% of the matchmaking weight for two games.

 

You can be constantly bottom tier but for at least of game of every 3 there will only be 3 or less top tier tanks on each team.

 

It also only kicks in if you're playing the same tank and are not in a platoon. 

 

Image result for Pirates of the Carribean Pirate Code meme

 


                                   

                                                     "Stop it with all the negative waves..."    Oddball


TransparentBlue #29 Posted 24 July 2019 - 03:12 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 13414 battles
  • 1,244
  • Member since:
    02-19-2015

View PostTempest fox3, on 23 July 2019 - 11:17 AM, said:

 

It's never guaranteed you too tier, not sure why people think that. The rule actually only makes it so you're in the top 50% of the matchmaking weight for that game and it only kicks in if you're in the bottom 50% of the matchmaking weight for two games.

 

You can be constantly bottom tier but for at least of game of every 3 there will only be 3 or less top tier tanks on each team.

 

It also only kicks in if you're playing the same tank and are not in a platoon. 

 

 

You left off how each tank has it's own independent counter, so if you're switching tanks all the time you still get the benefit eventually, but could be bottom for every one of your tanks in a night if you change rides after each match.

 

It doesn't work in platoons unless you've somehow synchronized your counters, intentionally or by luck. 

 

(I thought I'd read about how a platoon will synchronize, but it takes a few matches in the same tanks and most platoons mix it up all night long, so they never get synced.)






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users