Jump to content


My Equipment Setups

Equipment

  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

swindle 321 #1 Posted 23 July 2019 - 09:49 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 37435 battles
  • 4,693
  • [IMTLZ]
  • Member since:
    11-08-2013

I wasn't going to post this on here but it seems to have gone down quite well with my subs so I figured I'd share it here too. It's basically a little bit of a guide/explanation as to how I setup the equipment on my tanks and why I set them up that way. I go through each tank class and give a couple of good options for each of them. Let me know what you think :)

 

 

 

 

If that's all a bit too boring here's a crazy game in the WZ-120-1G FT... That tank in THAT match making was just stupid lol :honoring:

Spoiler

 


 

YouTube

    


JelliedPenny08 #2 Posted 23 July 2019 - 11:09 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 15534 battles
  • 4,294
  • Member since:
    06-07-2014
+1 I already saw as a sub, but it's a great vid. Really well timed with the equipment sale yesterday too!  :)

animatethant #3 Posted 23 July 2019 - 11:11 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 78447 battles
  • 6,854
  • Member since:
    04-07-2014

Good stuff swindle. 

 

I had a similar match in my yazi where I was top tier and people lined up one by one to get taken out. It was glorious.



swindle 321 #4 Posted 23 July 2019 - 11:30 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 37435 battles
  • 4,693
  • [IMTLZ]
  • Member since:
    11-08-2013

View PostJelliedPenny08, on 23 July 2019 - 11:09 AM, said:

+1 I already saw as a sub, but it's a great vid. Really well timed with the equipment sale yesterday too!  :)

 

Thank you and yeah, I wish I'd known that was happening lol. I still managed to get some use out of it, I saved myself about 700k with the silver I had on my account at the time :)

 

YouTube

    


swindle 321 #5 Posted 23 July 2019 - 11:31 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 37435 battles
  • 4,693
  • [IMTLZ]
  • Member since:
    11-08-2013

View Postanimatethant, on 23 July 2019 - 11:11 AM, said:

Good stuff swindle. 

 

I had a similar match in my yazi where I was top tier and people lined up one by one to get taken out. It was glorious.

 

Thanks mate. Games like that are awesome, I was laughing most of the way through it lol :)

 

YouTube

    


animatethant #6 Posted 23 July 2019 - 11:56 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 78447 battles
  • 6,854
  • Member since:
    04-07-2014

Hey swindle, you know there's a sentiment among some very good players and personalities in wot for PC and console (from what I understand) that basically suggest that camo net is a waste of time and real world testing suggest that this is true.

 

Have you actually come across any links where the wot nerds have legit tested camo net versus no camo net?

 

I run my skorp g out of pure habit to use a camo net, rammer and binocs ... but I've had games where I've done well enough to keep that setup instead of a gld.

 

I had one game as bottom tier in a mainly tier 10 match and was punishing tanks like e100s and deathstars to the tune of almost 7k DMG and it was awesome. Somehow I had that magical positioning where I could fire without being spotted (camped bush properly and vision controlled nicely) and that led me to believe that a camo net gave me just enough to maintain my position and that a gld would have made my position discoverable.

 

What do you think?



swindle 321 #7 Posted 23 July 2019 - 12:20 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 37435 battles
  • 4,693
  • [IMTLZ]
  • Member since:
    11-08-2013

View Postanimatethant, on 23 July 2019 - 11:56 AM, said:

Hey swindle, you know there's a sentiment among some very good players and personalities in wot for PC and console (from what I understand) that basically suggest that camo net is a waste of time and real world testing suggest that this is true.

 

Have you actually come across any links where the wot nerds have legit tested camo net versus no camo net?

 

I run my skorp g out of pure habit to use a camo net, rammer and binocs ... but I've had games where I've done well enough to keep that setup instead of a gld.

 

I had one game as bottom tier in a mainly tier 10 match and was punishing tanks like e100s and deathstars to the tune of almost 7k DMG and it was awesome. Somehow I had that magical positioning where I could fire without being spotted (camped bush properly and vision controlled nicely) and that led me to believe that a camo net gave me just enough to maintain my position and that a gld would have made my position discoverable.

 

What do you think?

 

No I don't know of anyone that's done any proper testing of it, my equipment setups mainly come from me trying stuff out or friends giving me ideas. 

 

There's a good argument for running a camo net on the Skorpion G, it does do the long range role very well, I went with GLD's over the net just because of how I chose to play the tank, I tend to be aggressive and try my luck up at the front where the GLD's are of more use to me. If everything goes wrong and I get beat up at the start I run away and then try the long range game. Another thing to note with that is that I use a VERY good crew in my Skorpion G, with all the camo perks  :)

 

Also, a lot of the maps in the game don't give you much of an opportunity to use a camo net properly so you won't be able to use it in every game, but you will use the GLD's, even on the bad maps for the tank.


Edited by swindle 321, 23 July 2019 - 12:22 PM.

 

YouTube

    


FinlandRed #8 Posted 23 July 2019 - 02:31 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 21397 battles
  • 1,883
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014
Good stuff mate. Certainly confirmed a lot of my equipment choices. Need to adjust my BC 25T as I was running VStabs, Vents, GLD because the gun handling is bad.


swindle 321 #9 Posted 23 July 2019 - 02:48 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 37435 battles
  • 4,693
  • [IMTLZ]
  • Member since:
    11-08-2013

View PostFinlandRed, on 23 July 2019 - 02:31 PM, said:

Good stuff mate. Certainly confirmed a lot of my equipment choices. Need to adjust my BC 25T as I was running VStabs, Vents, GLD because the gun handling is bad.

 

Thanks mate. Using the GLD's to improve the gun handling isn't the worst idea but I prefer to do what I can to get that reload down and vents help with that, granted not a huge amount, but every little helps :)

 

YouTube

    


ECT unCOUNTed #10 Posted 23 July 2019 - 03:12 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 28300 battles
  • 203
  • Member since:
    05-09-2015

Thanks for making that video Swindle, most if not all my tanks have similar equipment, on the Progetto i went with vents as i felt the dpm needed all the help it could get but had optics at some point as well.

What you and other guys are doing definitely helps those who want to get better, keep it up. cheers



westmech #11 Posted 23 July 2019 - 04:01 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 13275 battles
  • 450
  • [LITE]
  • Member since:
    12-04-2015

Hey Swindle,

Nice to see what you roll with, good vid! I'm glad you touched on how food eliminates the need for some equipment choices.

I was hoping to see you talk about the more odd ball equipment that most of us never use. Are there any tanks that you have found need the odd ball equipment like the Cyclone filter, improved suspension, wet ammo racks, and CO2 filled fuel tanks?

 

I recently picked up the Obj 430 II, and I found the cyclone filter (increase engine durability) has helped minimize engine damage and fires. Not sure if that's a better choice than the CO2 filled tanks.  Thoughts?



swindle 321 #12 Posted 23 July 2019 - 05:23 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 37435 battles
  • 4,693
  • [IMTLZ]
  • Member since:
    11-08-2013

View Postwestmech, on 23 July 2019 - 04:01 PM, said:

Hey Swindle,

Nice to see what you roll with, good vid! I'm glad you touched on how food eliminates the need for some equipment choices.

I was hoping to see you talk about the more odd ball equipment that most of us never use. Are there any tanks that you have found need the odd ball equipment like the Cyclone filter, improved suspension, wet ammo racks, and CO2 filled fuel tanks?

 

I recently picked up the Obj 430 II, and I found the cyclone filter (increase engine durability) has helped minimize engine damage and fires. Not sure if that's a better choice than the CO2 filled tanks.  Thoughts?

No I don't think I've ever used any of the ones you mentioned, I just think that while there are spots where a wet ammo rack might come in handy a lot of the time it's just not going to get used. What I try to do instead is take a tanks weakness and adjust my play style to minimize the effect it has on my game. There's also other things you could try like running a secondary repair kit, I did that on the Leo 1 for a while because of the issues it has with its ammo rack :)


 

YouTube

    


Warthog II #13 Posted 24 July 2019 - 09:13 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 42884 battles
  • 1,572
  • [KMD]
  • Member since:
    05-11-2014

Lights, 

Vents, Optics, Stabs

 

 

 

Spoiler:  Westfield forever OP

 


Edited by Warthog II, 24 July 2019 - 09:21 AM.

  

Some people claim Ensk should be tier restricted.   I don't believe their lies. 

Imagine if this forum had only players who actually win more than lose trying to tell others how to play. Would be the best forum ever. Instead, we have a bunch of bad advice from players who lose more often than not trying to tell their betters how to play their tanks.

 


swindle 321 #14 Posted 24 July 2019 - 10:50 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 37435 battles
  • 4,693
  • [IMTLZ]
  • Member since:
    11-08-2013

View PostWarthog II, on 24 July 2019 - 09:13 AM, said:

Lights, 

Vents, Optics, Stabs

 

 

 

Spoiler:  Westfield forever OP

 

 

Yeah, Westfield's easy mode for light tanks isn't it, such a good map for a good light, this is probably my best game on there... I would definitely ditch the vents for a gun rammer on a non autoloader though :)

cc9Pgh3.png

^ That game

 


 

YouTube

    






Also tagged with Equipment

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users