#MaxChaos24

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

Maxipotzac #1 Posted 23 July 2019 - 12:16 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10248 battles

More afk in the game when "win x game op active"

I saw several returning players like this and asked one of them what he was doing. He said:  send 8-10 light tanks into play, but immediately goes back to the garage when the counter starts. Says that this is how 4-6 winning battles out of ten come together while playing with another tank. (so he win min. four times in an actual battle) I think it's not good for anyone. Might need to change the op requirements for damage or xp grind. So just the op won't have that much afk player. Am I thinking wrong?

English is not my native language, but who cares? (  so do not write to me in this case ) 

"If they removed arty, the haters would just switch to hating TD's."

MaxChaos24 #2 Posted 23 July 2019 - 12:26 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 13509 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostMaxipotzac, on 23 July 2019 - 08:16 AM, said:

More afk in the game when "win x game op active"

I saw several returning players like this and asked one of them what he was doing. He said:  send 8-10 light tanks into play, but immediately goes back to the garage when the counter starts. Says that this is how 4-6 winning battles out of ten come together while playing with another tank. (so he win min. four times in an actual battle) I think it's not good for anyone. Might need to change the op requirements for damage or xp grind. So just the op won't have that much afk player. Am I thinking wrong?

That doesn't work. Any violations (early quitter/AFK) won't counts towards completing Ops. 

Maxipotzac #3 Posted 23 July 2019 - 12:36 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10248 battles

View PostMaxChaos24, on 23 July 2019 - 12:26 PM, said:

That doesn't work. Any violations (early quitter/AFK) won't counts towards completing Ops. 

Then I could have misunderstood something because he should have noticed that too :S  if it doesn't work then he do it unnecessarily .... only makes my game difficult (I think he missed something from the story)

English is not my native language, but who cares? (  so do not write to me in this case ) 

"If they removed arty, the haters would just switch to hating TD's."

Rommels Cat #4 Posted 23 July 2019 - 12:37 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2524 battles

The top 10 on winning side was good, if i didnt get top ten i felt i didnt deserve it anyway and was ok with it.

Very Classy #5 Posted 23 July 2019 - 12:37 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33398 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostMaxChaos24, on 23 July 2019 - 07:26 AM, said:

but if they drive straight across the map to certain doom, it works. The overall point that Win-based objectives lead to a bad experience for the playerbase is something that I think should be looked at. Dunno if I can read another thread about how much damage Player X did but the other 14 were awful and Player X thinks MM has a player-directed agenda.

There is literally an Xbox 360 in a museum, and this is the best joke you can come up with?
                                                                                         -- allhavoc

PYLE33 #6 Posted 23 July 2019 - 12:46 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 9960 battles

View PostRommels Cat, on 23 July 2019 - 07:37 AM, said:

The top 10 on winning side was good, if i didnt get top ten i felt i didnt deserve it anyway and was ok with it.

You can say that again. Anytime there is a win op that doesn't require anything else to meet the requirement things go downhill at an alarming rate. 

DwarfOnDrugs #7 Posted 23 July 2019 - 01:45 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32732 battles
  • [CRPT]

Could you make it so that all ops require you to achieve at least 1 point of damage?

JelliedPenny08 #8 Posted 23 July 2019 - 02:01 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17361 battles

If this is for the Long Haul op, then I want to say a massive thanks for changing it to give more time to complete. Hopefully it will reduce this kind of behaviour by relieving some of the pressure, whilst not penalising genuine players. :)

SGT Rock 1963 #9 Posted 23 July 2019 - 02:05 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 12845 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostVery Classy, on 23 July 2019 - 08:37 AM, said:

but if they drive straight across the map to certain doom, it works. The overall point that Win-based objectives lead to a bad experience for the playerbase is something that I think should be looked at. Dunno if I can read another thread about how much damage Player X did but the other 14 were awful and Player X thinks MM has a player-directed agenda.

+1 , I have to agree with VC, There's no penalty for continuous suicide lights. With a 50/50 chance on wins. So the op can be manipulated ? OP is basically right, As long as the player dies every game, Before continuing on. People have done that since launch, Without an OP. Just a hair above AFKing to me. But what can be done about it ? Nothing unfortunately. The top ten OP, Was better for the playerbase. IMO

SGT_Rock_1963   On mixer, Leave a follow. 

Sadriel Fett #10 Posted 23 July 2019 - 04:03 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 28388 battles
  • [DARMY]

View PostVery Classy, on 23 July 2019 - 08:37 AM, said:

but if they drive straight across the map to certain doom, it works. The overall point that Win-based objectives lead to a bad experience for the playerbase is something that I think should be looked at. 

I can vouch for that.  As soon as the new Ops started last Tuesday, I noted a marked difference in games.  Hasn't exactly put me in a mood to play much.  It's more than just a little frustrating.

~ "This game would be great, if it wasn't for our teammates." ~

~ There's no such thing as Arty Safe. You have to play Arty Aware. You have to play SmArty. ~

Hallowed PRIEST #11 Posted 23 July 2019 - 04:05 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 19891 battles
  • [RETR0]

View PostSGT Rock 1963, on 23 July 2019 - 08:05 AM, said:

+1 , I have to agree with VC, No penalty for continuous suicide lights. With a 50/50 chance on wins. So the op can be manipulated ? OP is basically right, As long as the player dies every game, Before continuing on. People have done that since launch, Without an OP. Just a hair above AFKing to me. But what can be done about it ? Nothing unfortunately. The top ten OP, Was better for the playerbase. IMO

I also agree with this line of thought, if you end up in in the top 2/3 of the exp earners, then the OP kicks in and counts. It at least shows you tried to contribute rather than just slightly move and leave to the next tank for another and do it again. I dont see that many AFK players, but I am generally playing.

Pit Friend #12 Posted 23 July 2019 - 10:32 PM

Major

• Players
  • 34532 battles
  • [PTATO]

View PostMaxChaos24, on 23 July 2019 - 07:26 AM, said:

It’s easy enough to start a game, hit cruise control towards the reds, hope the team carries you, rinse and repeat. Doesn’t count as AFK but is only marginally better for the team they’re stuck on. 

I also saw several low tier tanks in a few different games today just turn around at the start, drive to the back line, and sit there until the game is over or they’re destroyed. They didn’t explode at the end of the game either. Did they count as AFK?

I don’t know how to act my age! I’ve never been this old before!

Also tagged with #MaxChaos24

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users