MOE

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

BigHundy #1 Posted 23 July 2019 - 04:31 PM

Major

• Players
  • 9707 battles
  • [FCCM]

I'm having a very difficult time 3 marking a few of my tanks.

Specifically the M51 Super Sherman and the Tiger 131

I've been bouncing around between 93 and 90 for about 50 games now.

I found the heat round to be mostly useless.

The DPM is atrocious.

And yet I can't ace or 3 mark this thing for the life of me.

HELP

I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol, and cheap women. The other half I wasted -  W.C. Fields

On the last day of your life, don't forget to die.

DEZERTstorm03 #2 Posted 23 July 2019 - 04:39 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 46145 battles
  • [-AXS-]
Optics and food.

“If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.”

- Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts 

ATHFjman18 #3 Posted 23 July 2019 - 04:45 PM

Major

• Players
  • 18351 battles
  • [JOCO]

Pushing through the Tiger 131 was easy. Spam APCR and run food with rammer, vents and optics. Keep plugging away and when you have the opportunity, perma-track tanks with your DPM so you can get the chance of track assist. The spot assist with come if you run the optics with BIA, recon and SA. 

Still working on my M4 Rev. I find it tough to be aggressive enough to spot out targets and too-little DPM to keep tanks tracked. I run optics, v stabs and rammer. Plan on running food if I ever get serious about 3-marking it...

Dyslexsticks #4 Posted 23 July 2019 - 04:46 PM

Major

• Players
  • 34266 battles
  • [BNKR]

Just get good at image editing and  make it look like your tank has 3.

Even worked on our game expert when I "four marked" the Centurion 7/1 due to a "glitch".

Did you manage to stand my post? You might like: My Twitter (fixed!)My Xbox to YouTube Guide

ThermalStone #5 Posted 23 July 2019 - 05:01 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32155 battles
  • [80085]
If you can hang in the 90s you will 3 mark eventually.  The important thing is to avoid backsliding.  You must have a good idea by now of the combined damage you need to hit for your standing to stay the same.  That's your target every game.  No unnecessary risks until you hit that number.  Never go below that number, even if it means sacrificing your tank to guarantee it.  You will frequently get a favorable map or matchmaking, or just get lucky and explode for a great game that moves your standing up, but it's more important to not lose standing than to try to gain standing every single game.

I'm not stealing kills, I'm handing out Confederate medals.

T00_Late_Checkm8 #6 Posted 23 July 2019 - 05:27 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20297 battles
  • [CCNL]
You focus hard on the upcoming match, you load the gold, you bring the food, you know your current dmg standing by memory, you test the waters in similar tanks, you believe you can, you disregard team effort and play as selfishly as possible, you get 3rd mark yes!?

3 MOE: IS-6 - Aufkl Panther - Tiger 131 - Jackson - Pz.V/IV. 

I44I Warlock #7 Posted 23 July 2019 - 05:33 PM

Major

• Players
  • 38439 battles
  • [I66I]

Food, best crew, apcr and optics. 

Take an evening with enough time, coffee and a private party so nothing can disturb you and go. 

- Execute Order 66 -

3 marked tanks: 68 

BlahCarnivore6 #8 Posted 23 July 2019 - 05:36 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 9706 battles
  • [12PZR]
What is the best place to look up the needed combined damage for Mark's on a particular tank? I am on wot info, but can't find the right option. And I only have single Mark's on a few tanks, but am still learning.

Sadriel Fett #9 Posted 23 July 2019 - 05:51 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 27739 battles
  • [A4C]
I feel your pain.  Ever since the Long Haul Ops came back, it seems the teams haven't been great for farming damage for some tanks.  

~ "This game would be great, if it wasn't for our teammates." ~

~ There's no such thing as Arty Safe. You have to play Arty Aware. You have to play SmArty. ~

BigHundy #10 Posted 23 July 2019 - 06:00 PM

Major

• Players
  • 9707 battles
  • [FCCM]

View PostATHFjman18, on 23 July 2019 - 04:45 PM, said:

Pushing through the Tiger 131 was easy. Spam APCR and run food with rammer, vents and optics. Keep plugging away and when you have the opportunity, perma-track tanks with your DPM so you can get the chance of track assist. The spot assist with come if you run the optics with BIA, recon and SA. 

Still working on my M4 Rev. I find it tough to be aggressive enough to spot out targets and too-little DPM to keep tanks tracked. I run optics, v stabs and rammer. Plan on running food if I ever get serious about 3-marking it...

To be honest haven't been trying that hard on the 131. I rarely fire gold and I don't have food.

But the M51 has been tricked out for a while. I'll have a 5K game and it will go up 1.5%, then a 1.5K game and it will drop.

I need to be more consistent and just do 3K every game and I'll probably inch my way there.

The Fury for me is the same way. 93%ish for a while now.

All my other 3 marked tanks I got it without even trying.

Mediums for me seem to be the hardest, because they can typically get a lot of all 3 types of damage.

I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol, and cheap women. The other half I wasted -  W.C. Fields

On the last day of your life, don't forget to die.

Also tagged with MOE

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users