• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

John-berg1995-p #1 Posted 28 July 2019 - 02:34 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 13464 battles
  • [CIA]

This has to be the most noob friendly tank I ever seen lol

it has a very weird dynamic. people tend to try and flank you. Which happens to be your best armored spot. So people will actually avoid your weak front to try and shoot the heavily armored side xD 

Side note. I was pushed out last game and a foch 155 dumped 3 155mm heat shells into me and bounced all 3 lol  

Sadriel Fett-x #2 Posted 28 July 2019 - 05:46 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 28887 battles
  • [DARMY]

All it takes is one highly motivated Tiger I, who only needs to take out a single Hardcase to get their Master Tanker badge back.  

Boo-Yah!

~ "I'm just a simple Fan, trying to make my way in the universe." ~

USSWISCONSIN94-x #3 Posted 28 July 2019 - 05:52 AM

Major

• Players
  • 12851 battles
  • [47R]

GOing to get the thing as could use another merc tank to help with other contracts but this stuff is insane. It really needs a armor nerf. it makes no sense to have this much spaced armor at all but i doubt WG gives a damn at this point

http://www.wotinfo.n...N94&server=xbox

youtube.com/channel/UCkXtmp3Ikozzl-K73GuxxNQ

Will WG ever have WoT offline like they promised?

John-berg1995-p #4 Posted 28 July 2019 - 07:08 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 13464 battles
  • [CIA]

View PostUSSWISCONSIN94, on 28 July 2019 - 05:52 AM, said:

GOing to get the thing as could use another merc tank to help with other contracts but this stuff is insane. It really needs a armor nerf. it makes no sense to have this much spaced armor at all but i doubt WG gives a damn at this point

If it's armor got nerfed i wouldn't see a point in even playing it. It's so slow as it is. and it's frontal armor is paper thin. not to mention the side armor above the concrete is only 120mm so by aiming at that, you can penetrate it easily. 

The only good thing is the fact it has a 113 turret with spaced armor effectively giving it one of the best turrets in the game. it's pretty fun. but highly unreliable. 

One second your bouncing jagzilla AP from the side the next a panther 8.8 is ripping your side to pieces with standard, it's very inconsistent. 

According to work inspector there is tiny cracks in the armor so to speak so shells can pass through. On those spots the armor is 190 effective. But 350+ when you don't hit the cracks. So sometimes you expose your self only to get penned when you otherwise didn't expect to. 

Tempest fox3-x #5 Posted 28 July 2019 - 11:41 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 23949 battles
  • [JOCO]
Minuteman still has it beat for noob friendliness.

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131, Skoda T25, Boilermaker, Sentinel AC4 Experimental, M41B Brazil- In order obtained

Spoiler

John-berg1995-p #6 Posted 28 July 2019 - 02:01 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 13464 battles
  • [CIA]

View PostTempest fox3, on 28 July 2019 - 11:41 AM, said:

Minuteman still has it beat for noob friendliness.

I'd say it's about the same lol premium rounds can still pen the minutemans side. even jagzilla heat can't penetrate the side of the hardcase lol that's as noob friendly as it gets. 

Very Classy-x #7 Posted 28 July 2019 - 02:07 PM

Major

• Players
  • 34378 battles
  • [JOCO]

Lol.

Oh, man, I'm sad most of my platoonmates aren't going for this Meme. In a few weeks, I should unlock the lulz.

There is literally an Xbox 360 in a museum, and this is the best joke you can come up with?             -- allhavoc

Some Classyfied info: I have my messages sent to friends only. However, I love seeing familiar names... so take this GG whenever you see me. 

Current mood: WoWS: Legends

Tempest fox3-x #8 Posted 28 July 2019 - 02:09 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 23949 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostJohn-berg1995, on 28 July 2019 - 02:01 PM, said:

I'd say it's about the same lol premium rounds can still pen the minutemans side. even jagzilla heat can't penetrate the side of the hardcase lol that's as noob friendly as it gets. 

Minuteman side armour can block E4 APCR.

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131, Skoda T25, Boilermaker, Sentinel AC4 Experimental, M41B Brazil- In order obtained

Spoiler

CowboyArizona-x #9 Posted 28 July 2019 - 03:00 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 25027 battles

View PostUSSWISCONSIN94, on 27 July 2019 - 11:52 PM, said:

Asking for a nerf to this would turn it into a useless tank.  It's has a weak gun for its tier and it's slow as well.  Its only good quality is its armor, so taking that away would just make another worthless creation in the game that would disappear from battle rosters, as well as another 0.2% or whatever percentage of the players that became disenchanted with the game from having earned it only to have it nerfed shortly thereafter.

USSWISCONSIN94-x #10 Posted 28 July 2019 - 05:11 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12851 battles
  • [47R]

View PostJohn-berg1995, on 28 July 2019 - 02:08 AM, said:

If it's armor got nerfed i wouldn't see a point in even playing it. It's so slow as it is. and it's frontal armor is paper thin. not to mention the side armor above the concrete is only 120mm so by aiming at that, you can penetrate it easily. 

The only good thing is the fact it has a 113 turret with spaced armor effectively giving it one of the best turrets in the game. it's pretty fun. but highly unreliable. 

One second your bouncing jagzilla AP from the side the next a panther 8.8 is ripping your side to pieces with standard, it's very inconsistent. 

According to work inspector there is tiny cracks in the armor so to speak so shells can pass through. On those spots the armor is 190 effective. But 350+ when you don't hit the cracks. So sometimes you expose your self only to get penned when you otherwise didn't expect to. 

Sounds like you're trying to rationalization keeping the armor on it. It's a T-10 hull which armor is decent but not something you should be doing like you say it should be.

View PostCowboyArizona, on 28 July 2019 - 10:00 AM, said:

Asking for a nerf to this would turn it into a useless tank.  It's has a weak gun for its tier and it's slow as well.  Its only good quality is its armor, so taking that away would just make another worthless creation in the game that would disappear from battle rosters, as well as another 0.2% or whatever percentage of the players that became disenchanted with the game from having earned it only to have it nerfed shortly thereafter.

You do know they could i don't know buff the other aspects of the tank right? another one trying to keep it the way it is when also saying it's OP.

DertyChewbacca-x #11 Posted 28 July 2019 - 07:20 PM

Major

• Players
  • 9335 battles
What a weird looking tank. It's like the Minutemen on steroids.

John-berg1995-p #12 Posted 29 July 2019 - 02:51 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 13464 battles
  • [CIA]

View PostTempest fox3, on 28 July 2019 - 02:09 PM, said:

Minuteman side armour can block E4 APCR.

So can the hardcase. lol 

Good luck blocking E4 shots with 256mm of protection xD

John-berg1995-p #13 Posted 29 July 2019 - 03:22 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 13464 battles
  • [CIA]

View PostUSSWISCONSIN94, on 28 July 2019 - 05:11 PM, said:

Sounds like you're trying to rationalization keeping the armor on it. It's a T-10 hull which armor is decent but not something you should be doing like you say it should be.

You do know they could i don't know buff the other aspects of the tank right? another one trying to keep it the way it is when also saying it's OP.

Well thats because you don't play it like a T-10 it's top speed on flat ground barely breaks 32km/h and maybe 38 down hill

It's not meant to be played like a T-10 thanks to the litteral ton of extra weight in the form of eye beams, plates and concrete it plays nothing like the T-10, the T-10 has mobility so it can move about and flank it's opponents. The hardcase has to fight it's opponents head on. 

If you assumed it could go 50+ km/h with all that armor then I'm sorry to disappoint you. But it's doesn't, it's slow as hell. as such. It's armor is warranted. tanks like the machine are broken. mainly because it's faster than some light tanks with all that armor and firepower. that tank is broken. if it had its speed nerfed to say 48 it would still be really good. And fairly balanced. 

This thing is fairly balanced. some games you bounce 7-8k some games you literally bounce nothing because people learned not to shoot the concrete and to aim above to hit the 120mm side armor. people aren't completely stupid. They will learn how to deal with it. Just like every other tank.

I think the real reason why people hate it is because they can't fling heat at it with auto aim and win. while it can spam heat all day.  :D I see this as no different than an E100, don't shoot the side skirts./450mm+ thick concrete

ez pz

f1mitku-p #14 Posted 29 July 2019 - 08:52 AM

Major

• Players
  • 56706 battles

Minutemen has good side armor for real.

But Hardcase is pretty far away for this to be said. It has some spaced armor for side scrape to eat some shots, but that’s all. And it’s quite unreliable too. As I’ve said in its thread - it’s something like a slow bulky T-54 with yellow broken engine and turret, plus dead driver and loader.

The turret has very good armor but the gun depression is not so good. And it has very good view range (400 m). So it’s good for face hug, hull down and somewhat good for side scrape with the added spaced armor, but vulnerable for high pen guns for ammo rack.

The gun of Hardcase is the same as T-54 but with lower RoF and DpM. The armor is about the same (except the added spaced armor to the tracks). But the mobility is about twice worse.

Thus as a whole it’s worse than T-54 in basically everything except that mentioned added to the tracks side spaced armor. I would say it needs some buffs... and definitely not nerfs. 

Don't rush me, I'm waiting for the last moment!

SPCCN-x #15 Posted 29 July 2019 - 05:09 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 35021 battles
  • [-ZT-]

View PostJohn-berg1995, on 27 July 2019 - 08:34 PM, said:

This has to be the most noob friendly tank I ever seen lol

it has a very weird dynamic. people tend to try and flank you. Which happens to be your best armored spot. So people will actually avoid your weak front to try and shoot the heavily armored side xD 

Side note. I was pushed out last game and a foch 155 dumped 3 155mm heat shells into me and bounced all 3 lol  

Gg, but dude why didn't you finish off the T10? You left it a 3v1... I thought you almost could have taken that when the 705 was ignoring you.

Tanks must always push the battle, maneuver terrain, gain position, coordinate, and devastate the enemy.

Play like a TANK not a pill box! 

Move away from bad engagements and towards favourable ones.

Relocating does not make you a coward loser.

John-berg1995-p #16 Posted 29 July 2019 - 06:24 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 13464 battles
  • [CIA]

View PostSPCCN, on 29 July 2019 - 05:09 PM, said:

Gg, but dude why didn't you finish off the T10? You left it a 3v1... I thought you almost could have taken that when the 705 was ignoring you.

All hind sight. I was honestly laughing so hard I couldn't think straight. after rewatching it. Yeah. I made a ton of mistakes. But I couldn't focus over the sound of my own laughter lol

USSWISCONSIN94-x #17 Posted 29 July 2019 - 09:17 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12851 battles
  • [47R]

View PostJohn-berg1995, on 28 July 2019 - 10:22 PM, said:

Well thats because you don't play it like a T-10 it's top speed on flat ground barely breaks 32km/h and maybe 38 down hill

It's not meant to be played like a T-10 thanks to the litteral ton of extra weight in the form of eye beams, plates and concrete it plays nothing like the T-10, the T-10 has mobility so it can move about and flank it's opponents. The hardcase has to fight it's opponents head on. 

If you assumed it could go 50+ km/h with all that armor then I'm sorry to disappoint you. But it's doesn't, it's slow as hell. as such. It's armor is warranted. tanks like the machine are broken. mainly because it's faster than some light tanks with all that armor and firepower. that tank is broken. if it had its speed nerfed to say 48 it would still be really good. And fairly balanced. 

This thing is fairly balanced. some games you bounce 7-8k some games you literally bounce nothing because people learned not to shoot the concrete and to aim above to hit the 120mm side armor. people aren't completely stupid. They will learn how to deal with it. Just like every other tank.

I think the real reason why people hate it is because they can't fling heat at it with auto aim and win. while it can spam heat all day.  :D I see this as no different than an E100, don't shoot the side skirts./450mm+ thick concrete

ez pz

So why not trade that armor for the mobility then? same goes for the Minuteman. 

WrathJ83-x #18 Posted 29 July 2019 - 09:37 PM

Major

• Players
  • 25901 battles

All of them apparently. :D

You did some great angling against them for being that close. They were bad though because your front was exposed a lot and they shot your sides.

WrathJ83-x #19 Posted 29 July 2019 - 09:50 PM

Major

• Players
  • 25901 battles

View PostUSSWISCONSIN94, on 29 July 2019 - 09:17 PM, said:

So why not trade that armor for the mobility then? same goes for the Minuteman. 

There is already a T10 in game. Why make another just with a different gun and turret and it be a Merc tank? The armor makes it unique and yeah that gun costs a lot of silver to be somewhat reliable. Armor is only good if you can go hull down or sidescrape. If you reverse sidescrape you are near invulnerable, but have less than 0° of gun depression making it difficult to do against tanks with strong turrets.

USSWISCONSIN94-x #20 Posted 29 July 2019 - 11:23 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12851 battles
  • [47R]

View PostWrathJ83, on 29 July 2019 - 04:50 PM, said:

There is already a T10 in game. Why make another just with a different gun and turret and it be a Merc tank? The armor makes it unique and yeah that gun costs a lot of silver to be somewhat reliable. Armor is only good if you can go hull down or sidescrape. If you reverse sidescrape you are near invulnerable, but have less than 0° of gun depression making it difficult to do against tanks with strong turrets.

Ok to have a broken tank with nearly impoosible side armor but slower, T-54's gun and the turret of the 113 is ok. But giving it less armor and buffing the other things is bad? Oh i love this kind of logic people have. 

Also tagged with Hardcase

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users