I NEED HELP

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

BastiaanDarts01 #1 Posted 28 July 2019 - 11:08 PM

Private

• Players
  • 5712 battles
  • [FARC]

I've been playing world of tanks for many years now and there where times I loved the game and all I did was play it. However I find myself having trouble keeping motivated... When I try to grind new lines I always am bottom tier and to grind 60k xp with an incompetent tier 6 or 7 is just horrible, its just not fun. Does anyone have advice on how to make the game more enjoyable for me? Maybe leave ur name if you play on ps4?

SightlessRogue0 #2 Posted 29 July 2019 - 12:17 AM

Major

• Players
  • 19926 battles

View PostBastiaanDarts01, on 28 July 2019 - 11:08 PM, said:

I've been playing world of tanks for many years now and there where times I loved the game and all I did was play it. However I find myself having trouble keeping motivated... When I try to grind new lines I always am bottom tier and to grind 60k xp with an incompetent tier 6 or 7 is just horrible, its just not fun. Does anyone have advice on how to make the game more enjoyable for me? Maybe leave ur name if you play on ps4?

I spent this step about the same number of games as you. The problem comes from the fact that we play with full tank, for good periods after getting used to it during the grid. When we return to a stock tank, 1 level higher, it is the descent to hell.

Some people become very good at fitting a stock tank ... I personally hated that period so much that I completely stopped grinding TT tree lines. I started again 6 months ago because I wanted some tank level 10 but I completely after that. Now I prefer to play with the premium tank.

I use Google translator for english language

Lots of juggling in french text, sometimes translator in trouble with that. If you do not understand what I write, tell me.

Very Classy #3 Posted 29 July 2019 - 12:30 AM

Major

• Players
  • 33055 battles
  • [JOCO]

Welcome to the Forum!

Stock grinds are rough... even at 30k games. If you are bottom tier, my advice would be track, track, track the OpFor. Assisted damage is your XP BFF.

There is literally an Xbox 360 in a museum, and this is the best joke you can come up with?
                                                                                         -- allhavoc

Sammael85 #4 Posted 29 July 2019 - 04:03 AM

Major

• Players
  • 25594 battles
  • [FAC]

You gonna get some laughs when you buy a Tier IX and you get stuck with a gun from a Tier VII, while seeing Tier X's more than oftenly.

That is the last preparation on your journey and it can derive in 2 situations: Or else you become a proper player who knows what to shoot and what to track to get shotted by the bigger guns. Or else you become another useless scrub which only shots low tiered vehicles while expecting to be carried by the rest of the team.

BastiaanDarts01 #5 Posted 29 July 2019 - 09:43 AM

Private

• Players
  • 5712 battles
  • [FARC]
Thnx for all your reactions. I guess the problem could be fixed when I play with someone. Because I think if you both grind the same line that gives motivation to get it, and no matter how [edited]it is you'll keep going. So if you feel like it drop ur in game name on ps4.

choppermeir #6 Posted 29 July 2019 - 09:49 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 9952 battles
  • [FILTH]
If you've done the ops for the month you get permanent X2 XP bonus which really helps get through those stock packages very quickly. You'll get through it though, if you want to know weakspots download wotinspector from the playstore to help you learn where you can pen those pesky reds
Streaming over on http://www.twitch.tv/choppermeir 

JelliedPenny08 #7 Posted 29 July 2019 - 11:23 AM

Major

• Players
  • 16262 battles

View PostBastiaanDarts01, on 29 July 2019 - 09:43 AM, said:

Thnx for all your reactions. I guess the problem could be fixed when I play with someone. Because I think if you both grind the same line that gives motivation to get it, and no matter how [edited]it is you'll keep going. So if you feel like it drop ur in game name on ps4.

Welcome to the forum!  :)

I remember being in the same position. Around 5k battles is hard as you have gotten past some of the easy grinds through the low tiers where the xp requirements are lower, but haven't got any good crews nor silver or Free XP. Each fresh tank can be a bit of a chore because you start fresh with a raw crew and a stock tank - a bit like a double whammy. 

I also started spending time in premium tanks at around this point. It wasn't through frustration of grinding, although that was a thing. But more that I recognised that I needed more than one crew and one tank. However I don't want to recommend that because buying premium tanks is down to preference and circumstance and isn't open to everyone. If getting a premium tank is an option get one that you will play and enjoy, mid tier (5-6) for the nation you want. Try to get it in a sale or cheap. Captured KV-1 24hr discount from War Stories is excellent. Ask if unsure and before spending. 

However there are tanks to earn if you need premiums to train crews and build silver. Play tier 5+ to get the maximum number of ops and use your daily x2s wherever possible to increase your xp earnings. There are also an incredible number of Tech Tree tanks that are fun to play and worth keeping or retraining a crew for. Personal favourites of mine are:- 

Hellcat, 

PzIV H, VK36.01H, Stug, 

KV-1 and T-34 (both with the 57mm to start), SU-85, 

Churchill I. But that might just be me. 

All the tanks above have something to teach you. I have included TDs and the Hellcat specifically because they can work well to teach you how to be a support tank and can work well with unskilled crews and stock for an easier grind. They can also be real fun once upgraded and the ones mentioned are also mobile. I haven't mentioned the M4A3E8, an awesome tank. But the grind there can be a bit rough and it comes with an awful tier 4 gun stock. If you are already at the Sherman, it is worth having though. Heavies teach you how to angle armour, but I personally found them harder to play support in. 

The key is to manage your grinds. Feel free to dabble, but don't take them.all on at once. Get at least 1 x2 towards a grind each day, but if you get to 5 losses without it, consider swapping or stopping. Play at least one game that isn't a grind - solely for fun. If you play in the Summer Games try using some of the boosts when you get your x2 only, but don't play differently. If you complete the games stages also consider playing fun tanks more to complete the stage, then swap to grinding stock tanks with the permanent x2 boost on to speed up getting to a better package. 

I hope it helps. If anything isn't clear ask. The forum is littered with good advice. Don't turn grinding into a chore, or only do it. Building better crews in tanks that you enjoy and having fun is just as, if not more, important. Also don't feel alone as this is something all players go through. Sorry I'm on xbox, maybe also try looking at some of the casual clans - I think RETRO has a PS4 clan. I tend to platoon with my eldest son to make it more lighthearted. 

Good luck!  :)

BastiaanDarts01 #8 Posted 29 July 2019 - 12:28 PM

Private

• Players
  • 5712 battles
  • [FARC]

View PostJelliedPenny08, on 29 July 2019 - 11:23 AM, said:

Welcome to the forum!  :)

I remember being in the same position. Around 5k battles is hard as you have gotten past some of the easy grinds through the low tiers where the xp requirements are lower, but haven't got any good crews nor silver or Free XP. Each fresh tank can be a bit of a chore because you start fresh with a raw crew and a stock tank - a bit like a double whammy. 

I also started spending time in premium tanks at around this point. It wasn't through frustration of grinding, although that was a thing. But more that I recognised that I needed more than one crew and one tank. However I don't want to recommend that because buying premium tanks is down to preference and circumstance and isn't open to everyone. If getting a premium tank is an option get one that you will play and enjoy, mid tier (5-6) for the nation you want. Try to get it in a sale or cheap. Captured KV-1 24hr discount from War Stories is excellent. Ask if unsure and before spending. 

However there are tanks to earn if you need premiums to train crews and build silver. Play tier 5+ to get the maximum number of ops and use your daily x2s wherever possible to increase your xp earnings. There are also an incredible number of Tech Tree tanks that are fun to play and worth keeping or retraining a crew for. Personal favourites of mine are:- 

Hellcat, 

PzIV H, VK36.01H, Stug, 

KV-1 and T-34 (both with the 57mm to start), SU-85, 

Churchill I. But that might just be me. 

All the tanks above have something to teach you. I have included TDs and the Hellcat specifically because they can work well to teach you how to be a support tank and can work well with unskilled crews and stock for an easier grind. They can also be real fun once upgraded and the ones mentioned are also mobile. I haven't mentioned the M4A3E8, an awesome tank. But the grind there can be a bit rough and it comes with an awful tier 4 gun stock. If you are already at the Sherman, it is worth having though. Heavies teach you how to angle armour, but I personally found them harder to play support in. 

The key is to manage your grinds. Feel free to dabble, but don't take them.all on at once. Get at least 1 x2 towards a grind each day, but if you get to 5 losses without it, consider swapping or stopping. Play at least one game that isn't a grind - solely for fun. If you play in the Summer Games try using some of the boosts when you get your x2 only, but don't play differently. If you complete the games stages also consider playing fun tanks more to complete the stage, then swap to grinding stock tanks with the permanent x2 boost on to speed up getting to a better package. 

I hope it helps. If anything isn't clear ask. The forum is littered with good advice. Don't turn grinding into a chore, or only do it. Building better crews in tanks that you enjoy and having fun is just as, if not more, important. Also don't feel alone as this is something all players go through. Sorry I'm on xbox, maybe also try looking at some of the casual clans - I think RETRO has a PS4 clan. I tend to platoon with my eldest son to make it more lighthearted. 

Good luck!  :)

Thnx for your comment! I'll try to switch between my premium ( I've got the skorpion G ) and the grinds. I should try only grinding one at a time.

JelliedPenny08 #9 Posted 29 July 2019 - 01:57 PM

Major

• Players
  • 16262 battles

View PostBastiaanDarts01, on 29 July 2019 - 12:28 PM, said:

Thnx for your comment! I'll try to switch between my premium ( I've got the skorpion G ) and the grinds. I should try only grinding one at a time.

No problem!  :)

If you've got the Skorpion then you're sorted if you like it. It's a great tank and one of those premiums that plays differently to most TT tanks (except maybe the Hellcat ). It will provide a level of variety to help break up your grinds. It can also handle low skill crews whilst still being effective bottom tier so can be good for training. 

Check the news for events - like the Monday Madness today gives a permanent boost to silver and xp every battle. Useful for bashing out a bit more on those x2s. Things like that can put you ahead and let you grind exclusively to make the most of them. Then maybe take a day off or just play for fun if you like to avoid burning out. 

Also if you don't have any mid tier premiums for raw crews remember that higher tiers can work in Proving Grounds or War Stories. I do a warm up lap of Island Race every day before playing. I use the tier 8 French or Chinese premiums. Or if you retain a lower TT tank in multiplayer. As an example I liked the Skoda T24 and kept the crew in it and put a fresh crew in the tier 6. Then I could play both to break up the grind and get a better crew ready for the tier 7. 

:)

BastiaanDarts01 #10 Posted 29 July 2019 - 05:19 PM

Private

• Players
  • 5712 battles
  • [FARC]

View PostJelliedPenny08, on 29 July 2019 - 01:57 PM, said:

No problem!  :)

If you've got the Skorpion then you're sorted if you like it. It's a great tank and one of those premiums that plays differently to most TT tanks (except maybe the Hellcat ). It will provide a level of variety to help break up your grinds. It can also handle low skill crews whilst still being effective bottom tier so can be good for training. 

Check the news for events - like the Monday Madness today gives a permanent boost to silver and xp every battle. Useful for bashing out a bit more on those x2s. Things like that can put you ahead and let you grind exclusively to make the most of them. Then maybe take a day off or just play for fun if you like to avoid burning out. 

Also if you don't have any mid tier premiums for raw crews remember that higher tiers can work in Proving Grounds or War Stories. I do a warm up lap of Island Race every day before playing. I use the tier 8 French or Chinese premiums. Or if you retain a lower TT tank in multiplayer. As an example I liked the Skoda T24 and kept the crew in it and put a fresh crew in the tier 6. Then I could play both to break up the grind and get a better crew ready for the tier 7. 

:)

So if I understand correctly you can move your crew to a premium vehicle to train it, and then you can put it back? I never really understood how crews worked, quite embarrasing actually :$

Swimsuit Yuri #11 Posted 30 July 2019 - 09:06 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 9756 battles

View PostBastiaanDarts01, on 29 July 2019 - 05:19 PM, said:

So if I understand correctly you can move your crew to a premium vehicle to train it, and then you can put it back? I never really understood how crews worked, quite embarrasing actually :$

pretty much yea.

As for the stock tank grind, i kinda play them like lights & mediums.. hide in bushes, check out where & what my top tiers are doing and seeing if i can actively help them by flanking or even relocating entirely if i see a flank is secure.

There are always ways to farm & find damage, u just gotta mentally orientate yourself to look for those openings i guess.

Edit: for the crew thing, the tank & crew have to be from the same nation, so you can't move a german crew to an american premium and so on.

eh? whatever.

JelliedPenny08 #12 Posted 31 July 2019 - 10:34 AM

Major

• Players
  • 16262 battles

View PostBastiaanDarts01, on 29 July 2019 - 05:19 PM, said:

Yes, each crew has a home tank (a Tech Tree one) and can only have one home. You can move them from a Home, to a premium, to a different premium, then back to their original home with no penalty. So you run the crew in need of training through your daily x2s for their home tank and any suitable premiums each day to train them faster. 

Build your skill, finish the Home TT tank. Then finish that skill and train them for 25k more XP and you can move them to the next tank for silver (overtraining). 

Some crews are so raw you don't want to use them.in some tier 8 premiums. Some tanks are so bad for raw crews you don't want to use them with raw ones too. For me, French and Chinese tier 8s only get raw crews in Proving Grounds. Czech premiums (Zizka) are so awful with raw crews that I keep the T24 as a tier 5 crew trainer to start them off and get BIA. 

I hope that makes sense. Premiums are extra x2s with silver and xp bonuses. Using them to crew train is great to.help with the Games stages too. 

JelliedPenny08 #13 Posted 31 July 2019 - 10:39 AM

Major

• Players
  • 16262 battles
Captured KV and T-34-88 will train your German crews, but also Russian ones. There are other dual.nation trainers, but most are just 1 nation. Premiums need to be tanks you think you will enjoy and do well in (regardless of their bonuses). The Black Lowe has great training potential in bonuses, but that won't help if you can't make it work when you keep putting raw crews in it and doing badly. 

SuperSherman44 #14 Posted 31 July 2019 - 01:10 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21794 battles
For starting out If you want to grind a Tier X Tank then I highly recommend the T110E5, that was my first T10 tank It's a pretty easy line to grind and a lot of great tanks in it:) sorry I can't team up with you because I play on Xbox. Sorry:(

I Heart The Sherman (Best tank of WWII)

I got a new Xbox One S so I'm really excited!

R.I.P. Xbox 360 E ~2014-2019

AfricaCorp61 #15 Posted 06 August 2019 - 02:26 PM

Private

• Players
  • 32033 battles

Hi: 

I won a war chest and it turns out that ibn the war chest was a bogatyr tank.

the only problem is I have not received it yet. It never showed up in my garage and I am still waiting.

What happened?

I took a snap shot of my log records to show that I won it but still no tank.

How do I get my free tank>

JelliedPenny08 #16 Posted 14 August 2019 - 11:59 AM

Major

• Players
  • 16262 battles

View PostAfricaCorp61, on 06 August 2019 - 02:26 PM, said:

Hi: 

I won a war chest and it turns out that ibn the war chest was a bogatyr tank.

the only problem is I have not received it yet. It never showed up in my garage and I am still waiting.

What happened?

I took a snap shot of my log records to show that I won it but still no tank.

How do I get my free tank>

Check you aren't filtering it out. In the garage go up, to bring up the filters and then select the bin to clear them. Go down and check through your garage again. 

If it still isn't there you probably need to raise a support ticket (top right menu of this page^^^). I hope it helps. 

killer etzi0 #17 Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:25 PM

Major

• Players
  • 58912 battles
  • [47R]
Well, I never play any "stock" tanks past tier IV. When I am grinding and unlock a new tank I make sure to have plenty of "Free-XP" on hand to skip past the 1st several packages. Stock tanks playing from -2 is extremely difficult and easily quickly frustrating. My advice, never play a stock tank past tier IV.

"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."

Ronald Reagan

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users