Jump to content


Since threads about zero pen rng are popular

Event Pen Rng

  • Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

scwirpeo #21 Posted 02 August 2019 - 03:17 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 40506 battles
  • 10,960
  • [CRY]
  • Member since:
    02-14-2014

View Postnatedaishmaster, on 02 August 2019 - 08:03 AM, said:

 

Trig in this case literally doesn't have an upper limit. As angle of armor approaches 90, thickness approaches infinity. Angling happens constantly. Even if it is accidental, angles will still change (circling a tank, a tank turning their turret slightly to engage another enemy, etc). The main times I notice pen high rolls is when my shot misses the weakspot and pens anyway (E4 missing the lower plate of an E100 and going through the upper plate) on flat ground. Overmatch and normalization mechanics will stay the same but I think they removed the pen drop over distance for non HEAT rounds, but the wording is weird so I'm not sure.

 

If your tank was a box yes. The problem is you can't make any tank in this game 90° on all surfaces and also return fire on the enemy. There is always some point of armor substantially below that point where the game just calculates a zero chance of pen.

 

Like for example the maus. It can't angle enough to be invulnerable against all ammo. Something curious here is the turret face should be 340mm thick. Meaning suddenly with this change a lot of tanks can't hurt it anymore, while alot of tanks can't not hurt it. It's needless confusion for a player base that doesn't know why they are pening anyway.


MOEs so I can pretend like they matter

Spoiler

 


FRlGHTKNIGHT #22 Posted 02 August 2019 - 03:17 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 9469 battles
  • 816
  • [ASYLM]
  • Member since:
    10-19-2018
It's gonna suck. Same as +1 -1 sucked. One week they remove the skill needed to play 2 tiers down. Now they're removing the skill needed to face a player who angles armor well. Why don't you just give us all aimbot if you want the muppets to pen easier. This game is going to end up as the most watered down piss poor version of WOT on any platform, and it's really starting to [edited]suck.

Edited by FRlGHTKNIGHT, 02 August 2019 - 03:18 PM.


scwirpeo #23 Posted 02 August 2019 - 03:20 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 40506 battles
  • 10,960
  • [CRY]
  • Member since:
    02-14-2014

View PostSirlceCream, on 02 August 2019 - 08:14 AM, said:

 

You and many other dont see the main point of this change. JagdE heat and pretty much every 340mm heat wasnt really effected by RNG before, thats why you shoot premmo. Even when you have bad luck and roll low you go trough pretty  much every armor. Arty was cancer before and will be cancer during the event nothing changed.

The main point is that you have a guaranteed penetration hit on weakspots even on higher tiers and a much higher chance of bouncing on non weakspots like upper hull armor.

that means people who aim properly at weakspot will rewarded with a higher penetration chance and the player who uses autoaim/ doesnt aim well gets punished. Thats all

 

What part about getting to pen right through a maus ufp with E4 apcr every single time is aiming at weak spots? It's going to stop being a 60% chance and start being a 100%. 

 

How about the front of my KV-5 turret currently I could block a tiger 2 AP around 40% of the time on rng. During this event I can't block that shot ever.

 

Is a Lowe getting a guaranteed pen on the front of a type 5 hull because apcr memes skill? I doubt it.


MOEs so I can pretend like they matter

Spoiler

 


scwirpeo #24 Posted 02 August 2019 - 03:24 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 40506 battles
  • 10,960
  • [CRY]
  • Member since:
    02-14-2014

View PostTempest fox3, on 02 August 2019 - 08:15 AM, said:

 

There is one small benefit I can think of. 183mm hesh won't be able to high roll its way through the front of an E100 turret. I mean, the E100 will still take 700-900 damage anyway but small mercies and all that. 

 

Compared to getting penned 100% of the time by an E5 spamming HEAT I'll take the two or three 183 turret pens I have had happen to me.


MOEs so I can pretend like they matter

Spoiler

 


Tempest fox3 #25 Posted 02 August 2019 - 03:28 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 20429 battles
  • 17,495
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013

View Postscwirpeo, on 02 August 2019 - 03:24 PM, said:

View PostTempest fox3, on 02 August 2019 - 08:15 AM, said:

 

There is one small benefit I can think of. 183mm hesh won't be able to high roll its way through the front of an E100 turret. I mean, the E100 will still take 700-900 damage anyway but small mercies and all that. 

 

Compared to getting penned 100% of the time by an E5 spamming HEAT I'll take the two or three 183 turret pens I have had happen to me.

 

'just play HEAT safe' :trollface:



scwirpeo #26 Posted 02 August 2019 - 03:31 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 40506 battles
  • 10,960
  • [CRY]
  • Member since:
    02-14-2014

View PostTempest fox3, on 02 August 2019 - 08:28 AM, said:

 

'just play HEAT safe' :trollface:

 

Lol. Now you've done it. People are going to think that's actual advise. Like that darn "tank destroyers destroy tanks" thing.

MOEs so I can pretend like they matter

Spoiler

 


SPUK4U #27 Posted 02 August 2019 - 04:11 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 9878 battles
  • 1,400
  • Member since:
    07-24-2018

View PostFRlGHTKNIGHT, on 02 August 2019 - 03:17 PM, said:

It's gonna suck. Same as +1 -1 sucked. One week they remove the skill needed to play 2 tiers down. Now they're removing the skill needed to face a player who angles armor well. Why don't you just give us all aimbot if you want the muppets to pen easier. This game is going to end up as the most watered down piss poor version of WOT on any platform, and it's really starting to [edited]suck.

 

I think you got it wrongly, RNG has nothing to do with player skills, it just makes skills count more as effect of luck is reduced.

 

It should go something like this:  Aim at target (Aim time not affected) -> Fire at the target ( Dispersion/ Accuracy RNG not affected) ->  IF hit then armor +-25% RNG  is replaced with 0% pen RNG -> IF ammo pens damage roll +-25% RNG is replaced with +-10% RNG. 

 

So this RNG change could turn out good as people can trust armor more as lucky pens would be removed.  I'm interested to see how my Absolution and Minuteman survive after lucky pens are removed from the autoaim shots.  :playing:
 


- Ask, Observe, Learn and Improve -

X1thebeast29X #28 Posted 02 August 2019 - 04:25 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 15760 battles
  • 8,989
  • [AVRG]
  • Member since:
    11-09-2013
You know the best thing about this is that the M44 has 240 pen heat. And it will never low roll.

WN8~2650            There seems to be no signs of intelligent life sir!

Block Quote

 "Less experienced and new players are ment for lower tier tanks? You sound like an elitist [edited]"

"I will defend the opportunity for average and poor and new players to punk the elitist purples who think things like "maybe they're purple because they have a better understanding of the game"

 


Nocski #29 Posted 02 August 2019 - 05:01 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 20413 battles
  • 756
  • Member since:
    12-29-2014

View PostPit Friend, on 02 August 2019 - 03:29 PM, said:

I’m still surprised they’re going to 0 RNG instead of just reducing it to 15 or 10 percent instead of the normal 25.

 

Very much this! A 10% test event I would have fully supported. Not too happy about the 0.. :(



scwirpeo #30 Posted 02 August 2019 - 05:46 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 40506 battles
  • 10,960
  • [CRY]
  • Member since:
    02-14-2014

View PostX1thebeast29X, on 02 August 2019 - 09:25 AM, said:

You know the best thing about this is that the M44 has 240 pen heat. And it will never low roll.

 

Well good for people with an M44 I guess.

 

The other one is that tier 4 French Arty too. That one has like a 202 pen apcr or something. Guaranteed Churchill pens.

 

Didn't the S-51 have some bonkers AP too?


MOEs so I can pretend like they matter

Spoiler

 


Tempest fox3 #31 Posted 02 August 2019 - 06:41 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 20429 battles
  • 17,495
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013

View PostX1thebeast29X, on 02 August 2019 - 04:25 PM, said:

You know the best thing about this is that the M44 has 240 pen heat. And it will never low roll.

 

You know the M41 HMC is basically the same tank but a tier lower right? 


War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32 - In order obtained


X1thebeast29X #32 Posted 02 August 2019 - 07:09 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 15760 battles
  • 8,989
  • [AVRG]
  • Member since:
    11-09-2013

View PostTempest fox3, on 02 August 2019 - 01:41 PM, said:

 

You know the M41 HMC is basically the same tank but a tier lower right? 

 

yeah but then you don't see juicy 8's....

WN8~2650            There seems to be no signs of intelligent life sir!

Block Quote

 "Less experienced and new players are ment for lower tier tanks? You sound like an elitist [edited]"

"I will defend the opportunity for average and poor and new players to punk the elitist purples who think things like "maybe they're purple because they have a better understanding of the game"

 


John-berg1995 #33 Posted 02 August 2019 - 07:36 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 12449 battles
  • 2,591
  • [CIA]
  • Member since:
    12-05-2015
My fochs 395 heat pen is smiling right now. No more bouncing off e100 turrets lol because dumb low roll

Potato QQ #34 Posted 02 August 2019 - 07:59 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21326 battles
  • 4,452
  • Member since:
    04-15-2014
Loading AP in T92. LOL

redshadowrider #35 Posted 02 August 2019 - 08:35 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 36673 battles
  • 8,046
  • Member since:
    03-17-2014

View Postscwirpeo, on 02 August 2019 - 08:30 AM, said:

 

You know it's a test. That doesn't mean the 29 other players on your team will. We would be lucky if half of them even look up what's happening and don't just go " herp derp WG brokeded meh gumeh me no play ever again".

 

Test or not, I am not sure those 29 other players ever know what's going on.
I'm just saying.....

BoereJack #36 Posted 02 August 2019 - 08:48 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 35578 battles
  • 3,401
  • [XRM]
  • Member since:
    01-20-2016
Personnaly i think this test will show that your never going to pen anything in a bottom tier tank.... and armor will be quit useless.....but maybe it wont be that awefull, ill see and test it out, but i am not looking forward to it

 My Youtube Channel Filled With WOT PS4 Gameplay: https://www.youtube....FnoS605ne-GYwiA

3 MARKED TANKS:

SNAKEBITE, T21, SP1C, LYCAN, T-54 LWT


scwirpeo #37 Posted 02 August 2019 - 10:32 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 40506 battles
  • 10,960
  • [CRY]
  • Member since:
    02-14-2014

View PostBoereJack, on 02 August 2019 - 01:48 PM, said:

Personnaly i think this test will show that your never going to pen anything in a bottom tier tank.... and armor will be quit useless.....but maybe it wont be that awefull, ill see and test it out, but i am not looking forward to it

 

Alot of armor is going to be useless. Especially on mediums that don't have angles and heavys that aren't bobjects.

MOEs so I can pretend like they matter

Spoiler

 


natedaishmaster #38 Posted 02 August 2019 - 10:46 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 26012 battles
  • 273
  • [IMTLZ]
  • Member since:
    07-29-2014

View Postscwirpeo, on 02 August 2019 - 02:32 PM, said:

 

Alot of armor is going to be useless. Especially on mediums that don't have angles and heavys that aren't bobjects.

 

I don't quite understand this. One one side, yes you will get penned more by tanks that would usually have a 60% chance of penning. But on the other hand, you will get penned less by tanks that would usually have a 40% chance. It seems to even itself out. Add to that the fact that just 10 degrees of angle can get you 17mm of armor (200mm base) and armor is actually relevant. The game is far more dynamic than people realize armor and angle wise. I personally don't care too much. I aim for weak spots and usually shoot for 60-70% pen shots anyways so this will just be bonus for people who know how to shoot. I agree that it probably should be 5-10% and not 0% but a reduction in RNG is great in my book

3 MOE: Hellcat, Lycan, Sp1C, T20, M41 Bulldog, Motherland, STA 1, T95E2, Pershing, AMX 50 100, AMX 13 90, T54ltwt, T49, RU251, M46 Patton, Type 61, Leopard PTA, T54, E50, Batchat AP, Skoda T50, Centurion 7/1, Sharpshooter, T10, Conquerer, AMX 13 105, Sheridan, T-100LT, RHM PZW, M48 Patton, Leopard 1, E50M, Obj 140, Batchat 25t, TVP 50/51, IS7, AMX 50B, Super Conqueror, The Machine, Chieftain, T110E4


scwirpeo #39 Posted 03 August 2019 - 07:47 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 40506 battles
  • 10,960
  • [CRY]
  • Member since:
    02-14-2014

View Postnatedaishmaster, on 02 August 2019 - 03:46 PM, said:

 

I don't quite understand this. One one side, yes you will get penned more by tanks that would usually have a 60% chance of penning. But on the other hand, you will get penned less by tanks that would usually have a 40% chance. It seems to even itself out. Add to that the fact that just 10 degrees of angle can get you 17mm of armor (200mm base) and armor is actually relevant. The game is far more dynamic than people realize armor and angle wise. I personally don't care too much. I aim for weak spots and usually shoot for 60-70% pen shots anyways so this will just be bonus for people who know how to shoot. I agree that it probably should be 5-10% and not 0% but a reduction in RNG is great in my book

 

I would have preferred that flip flop. Zero rng on alpha and almost none on pen. Obviously you have broken tanks but a Deathstar that can't one shot almost every tier ten TD and medium is substantially more balanced than it's current state.

MOEs so I can pretend like they matter

Spoiler

 






Also tagged with Event, Pen, Rng

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users