Invisible tanks - A Case of Japanese Stealth Technology

Invisible O-HO X-Files Roswell

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

janbonator #1 Posted 03 August 2019 - 09:51 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15402 battles

Sometimes tanks disappear in the game. I don't mean going unspotted, just straight up disappear and turn invisible. It's happened to me a couple of times, but now I actually recorded it. I was playing Himmelsdorf with my O-HO and after my Japanese monstrosity got obliterated, the enemy team was quickly down to one tank, which was an O-HO, too. It was visible on my radar until it wasn't. My team mates were shooting at it but it wasn't on my screen anymore.

Here's the full replay. The incident starts at  5:43 (the O-HO is still visible on the map). For those not in a hurry, I'll just say there were a couple of other moments worthwhile watching..

On a sidenote, OHO means "woah" or "oops" in Finnish.

TransparentBlue #2 Posted 04 August 2019 - 03:54 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 13414 battles
If I had to guess, it looks to me like the O-HO was at C0 when last spotted.  The Fatherland and IS-3 who both died were likely the two heavies near your position.

At the end, I think the Iron Rain nuked the O-HO so quickly it didn't have time to render at the B8/B9 location before he died.  I've seen tanks killed off faster than they can render on the team map before, this doesn't seem out of the ordinary to me.  

Did you ask the Iron Rain player what happened?

Rommels Cat #3 Posted 04 August 2019 - 05:15 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2524 battles
It happens in the afterlife,its been doing it for a while now. Not a priority fix as gameplay not affected.  

Xero M XTC #4 Posted 04 August 2019 - 05:46 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13730 battles

View PostTransparentBlue, on 04 August 2019 - 03:54 AM, said:

If I had to guess, it looks to me like the O-HO was at C0 when last spotted. The Fatherland and IS-3 who both died were likely the two heavies near your position.

At the end, I think the Iron Rain nuked the O-HO so quickly it didn't have time to render at the B8/B9 location before he died. I've seen tanks killed off faster than they can render on the team map before, this doesn't seem out of the ordinary to me.

I dont know why people are so quick to dismiss this, the other topic was the same.

5:43 you clearly see the oho advancing towards the cap at A7-6.

5:46 you see both the amx (briefly until op switches view point) and oho disappear off the map.

6:17 you see the type 59's shell disappear (should have seen the impact on the building)

6:20 you see a shot firing out of nowhere at the greens behind type.

Then you see greens fire 3 more shots that disappear into nothing right infront of the type, no impact graphics. You can actually see the kill shot disappear.

At the end the type appears to ram something.

Theres no way for the oho to make it up to the 9 line without the amx spotting him all the way.

Edited by Xero M XTC, 04 August 2019 - 05:48 AM.

janbonator #5 Posted 04 August 2019 - 05:52 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15402 battles

View PostTransparentBlue, on 04 August 2019 - 03:54 AM, said:

If I had to guess, it looks to me like the O-HO was at C0 when last spotted. The Fatherland and IS-3 who both died were likely the two heavies near your position.

At the end, I think the Iron Rain nuked the O-HO so quickly it didn't have time to render at the B8/B9 location before he died. I've seen tanks killed off faster than they can render on the team map before, this doesn't seem out of the ordinary to me.

Hey, Xero M XTC summed up brilliantly what happened. The O-HO was at the enemy cap circle. The Amx is trying to circle it, and you can actually see how the stealth O-HO destroys some stuff at the base before killing the Amx. The Type 59 hits the O-HO after it's killed off.

Xero M XTC #6 Posted 04 August 2019 - 05:53 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13730 battles

View PostRommels Cat, on 04 August 2019 - 05:15 AM, said:

It happens in the afterlife,its been doing it for a while now. Not a priority fix as gameplay not affected.  

While i notice it most in viewing people after i've died,  i've seen it while i was still alive too but only once though i have no vid so obviously impossible to prove.

janbonator #7 Posted 04 August 2019 - 06:11 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15402 battles

View PostRommels Cat, on 04 August 2019 - 05:15 AM, said:

Sure, it isn't such a big thing if it only happens post-mortem, but it does affect gameplay nevertheless. One of the great things about platooning is feeding information to your platoon mates after getting killed. I'm not a programmer or a software expert but from a technical perspective I don't quite understand how it could be happening only when spectating. If someone can explain that, great. To me it looks like a synchronization error between at least two players.

View PostXero M XTC, on 04 August 2019 - 05:53 AM, said:

While i notice it most in viewing people after i've died,  i've seen it while i was still alive too but only once though i have no vid so obviously impossible to prove.

I'll admit I follow these forums in cycles - just like how I play the game - so I don't know everything that goes around here. What surprised me in the other thread related to the same subject was the attitude of some fellow forumers. I mean it reminded me more of some "conspiracy theorist" vs. "debunkers" over some alien landings or something.

MaxChaos24 #8 Posted 05 August 2019 - 11:20 AM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 13453 battles
  • [WGW]

View Postjanbonator, on 03 August 2019 - 05:51 PM, said:

Sometimes tanks disappear in the game. I don't mean going unspotted, just straight up disappear and turn invisible. It's happened to me a couple of times, but now I actually recorded it. I was playing Himmelsdorf with my O-HO and after my Japanese monstrosity got obliterated, the enemy team was quickly down to one tank, which was an O-HO, too. It was visible on my radar until it wasn't. My team mates were shooting at it but it wasn't on my screen anymore.

Here's the full replay. The incident starts at  5:43 (the O-HO is still visible on the map). For those not in a hurry, I'll just say there were a couple of other moments worthwhile watching..

On a sidenote, OHO means "woah" or "oops" in Finnish.

Hello, post mortem cam is a known issue. :honoring:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users