Dark maps

maps

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

De ZuMME #1 Posted 04 August 2019 - 12:05 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10023 battles
Played Stadt der Dunkelheit map today and I just don't get these dark maps where you sometimes drive around without seeing things in front of you.
Is it just me or are there more here that think that you should atleast be able to turn on headlights in these maps. :confused:

"If the tanks succeed, then victory follows"
-Heinz Guderian

Dyslexsticks #2 Posted 04 August 2019 - 12:13 PM

Major

• Players
  • 34307 battles
  • [BNKR]
Or just turn up your gamma and/or brightness.

Did you manage to stand my post? You might like: My Twitter (fixed!)My Xbox to YouTube Guide

BrogueOne #3 Posted 04 August 2019 - 12:20 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 23061 battles
  • [ELDER]

View PostDyslexsticks, on 04 August 2019 - 12:13 PM, said:

That’s what I did.  And I’ve definitely had a hard time with darker maps previously.  

(I still wouldn’t mind working nighttime lamps on the tanks!)

De ZuMME #4 Posted 04 August 2019 - 12:39 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10023 battles

View PostDyslexsticks, on 04 August 2019 - 01:13 PM, said:

So that on the next bright map, I have to wear sunglasses to see better what is on the screen :B

-Heinz Guderian

D4rk50ul-v2 #5 Posted 04 August 2019 - 01:06 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5969 battles
It looks great in 4k hdr.

Dyslexsticks #6 Posted 04 August 2019 - 01:07 PM

Major

• Players
  • 34307 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostDe ZuMME, on 04 August 2019 - 12:39 PM, said:

So that on the next bright map, I have to wear sunglasses to see better what is on the screen :B

Well, I didn't say to max... :trollface:

I honestly don't have an issue with maps being too dark or too bright.

Did you manage to stand my post? You might like: My Twitter (fixed!)My Xbox to YouTube Guide

Pit Friend #7 Posted 04 August 2019 - 03:06 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33185 battles
  • [PTATO]

View PostBrogueOne, on 04 August 2019 - 07:20 AM, said:

That’s what I did.  And I’ve definitely had a hard time with darker maps previously.  

(I still wouldn’t mind working nighttime lamps on the tanks!)

Only if turning them on mean you’re always spotted as soon as anything gets line of sight on you sure. 

When the nice guy loses his patience the devil shivers. 

IBROX 04 #8 Posted 04 August 2019 - 03:36 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20353 battles
  • [BNKR]
Try turning your HDMi Black Level back to normal 

janbonator #9 Posted 04 August 2019 - 04:05 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 14186 battles

View PostDyslexsticks, on 04 August 2019 - 12:13 PM, said:

I have high gamma settings. It helps with a color sight deficiency. The problem with that is some winter maps (looking at you, Ardennes) get really difficult with distinguishing blue tank silhouettes from the frozen landscape, which for whatever reason has a lot of bluish hues. I come from the north and I can tell with a high degree of confidence that ice and snow is not blueish. So, I guess my problem is the opposite of the OP's, which goes on to say that the devs can't please everyone. What would help would be to allow players to change their color settings in-game, or have different options for summer / winter maps in the menu. Once I suggested this in the relevant forum section but never got any reply or even an acknowledgement it was read by anyone working for WG. :sceptic:

I wouldn't mind headlights on the tanks but I'm guessing it would be a performance issue.

Dyslexsticks #10 Posted 04 August 2019 - 04:11 PM

Major

• Players
  • 34307 battles
  • [BNKR]

View Postjanbonator, on 04 August 2019 - 04:05 PM, said:

I have high gamma settings. It helps with a color sight deficiency. The problem with that is some winter maps (looking at you, Ardennes) get really difficult with distinguishing blue tank silhouettes from the frozen landscape, which for whatever reason has a lot of bluish hues. I come from the north and I can tell with a high degree of confidence that ice and snow is not blueish. So, I guess my problem is the opposite of the OP's, which goes on to say that the devs can't please everyone. What would help would be to allow players to change their color settings in-game, or have different options for summer / winter maps in the menu. Once I suggested this in the relevant forum section but never got any reply or even an acknowledgement it was read by anyone working for WG. :sceptic:

I wouldn't mind headlights on the tanks but I'm guessing it would be a performance issue.

Pretty informative to my ignorant self, thank you.

I've suggested that we get additional options for UI for a while to no real acknowledgement, but this would be good for accessibility...*if*, we could adjust specific to the map, not just seasons.

JelliedPenny08 #11 Posted 04 August 2019 - 05:28 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15832 battles
Agreed, me too. I find dark maps harder to watch on yt too. 

BrogueOne #12 Posted 04 August 2019 - 07:19 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 23061 battles
  • [ELDER]

View PostPit Friend, on 04 August 2019 - 03:06 PM, said:

Only if turning them on mean you’re always spotted as soon as anything gets line of sight on you sure. 

Ya know..... headlights could potentially be worked in if they revamped nighttime mechanics.  Change night conditions to have reduced visibility, maybe add in smoke and fog that can both affect visibility as well as interact with lights.  Different tanks with different types of lights would have different spotting ranges.  Lights themselves could even obscure your vision if they’re too close/in your eyes.  If you simply added in headlights without changing anything, yeah, not as cool of an idea.

Pit Friend #13 Posted 04 August 2019 - 07:43 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33185 battles
  • [PTATO]

View PostBrogueOne, on 04 August 2019 - 02:19 PM, said:

Ya know..... headlights could potentially be worked in if they revamped nighttime mechanics.  Change night conditions to have reduced visibility, maybe add in smoke and fog that can both affect visibility as well as interact with lights.  Different tanks with different types of lights would have different spotting ranges.  Lights themselves could even obscure your vision if they’re too close/in your eyes.  If you simply added in headlights without changing anything, yeah, not as cool of an idea.

Lights in any combat situation are more of a hazard to the ones shining them around than they possibly help. Have you ever driven down a dark country road? You’ll see an approaching car with their lights on far before your own car’s headlights shine on them. Some thing in combat.  Turning on a light is the same as turning on a nice “shoot me!” arrow right at you. 

The only lights that might be interesting would be a nighttime battlefield being lit by parachute flares. They don’t really shine a steady light over an area as they’re in constant motion. The battlefield going light and dark with vision ranges changing constantly could be quite tense.

When the nice guy loses his patience the devil shivers. 

De ZuMME #14 Posted 05 August 2019 - 07:30 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10023 battles

View PostPit Friend, on 04 August 2019 - 08:43 PM, said:

The only lights that might be interesting would be a nighttime battlefield being lit by parachute flares. They don’t really shine a steady light over an area as they’re in constant motion. The battlefield going light and dark with vision ranges changing constantly could be quite tense.

Now that's cool thinking :great:

-Heinz Guderian

Also tagged with maps

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users