• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

LeopardFaIcon #1 Posted 05 August 2019 - 12:59 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 17750 battles
  • [-CHF-]

How to three mark the Leopard 1

The Leopard 1 has great mobility, decent camouflage, great spotting and a awesome gun, but the down factor is that once you’ve been spotted you have zero armour on the hull and turret, so make sure you always have a escape route to run off on or just grind your teeth and pray to RNGJesus that you don’t get shot.

Play second line behind heavies and use them as a meat shield, don’t red line camp as that’ll get you barely any damage to go towards your marks. Make sure to press and hold rb to lock your turret and use your right anolog stick to peek round corners to see if the enemy is aiming your way, if not, happy days, peek out and put a shell into them and pull back to reload, keep doing this and punish them if they don’t start looking to return the shots. Also, you can hide behind armoured heavies and wait till the enemy have fired; after they’ve fired you peek out and take a shot (easy damage).

As for perks and skills for the Leopard 1 you’ll need: Repairs, Camouflage, JoAT, Recon, Situational Awareness, Smooth Ride, Clutch Breaking, Off-Road Driving, Snap shot, BIA, Sixth Sense, Green Thumb, Preventative Maintenance, Silence Driving, Track Mechanic, Pain Tolerance, Muffled Shot, and Safe Storage.

If you haven’t grinded out a proper crew yet then I highly recommend using a premium tank to train your crew up, the main skills/perks that the Leopard 1 needs IMO is Sixth Sense, Pain Tolarance, all the camo perks/skills, both gun skills, safe storage as the Leo 1 is a ammo rack on wheels, and Preventative Maintenance as it gets set on fire a lot. Skills like repairs and Track Mechanic are most important next to Sixth sense as the Leo 1 is not a very forgiving tank, if you get tracked you will need to get out of there asap.

Ammo set up is simple, have 2-3 HE shells and 50/50 APCR/HEAT ratio. As for the equipment I’d recommend having rammer, v stabs and optics. The gun and mobility on the Leo 1 are the most important things, so rammer and v stabs will go a long way to helping out the Leo’s gun. The Leo 1’s gun is accurate at most times, but don’t always trust the gun when shooting on the move as the dispersion on the move is terrible compared to the AMX 30B. Optics are also important to helping you get the spotted assist as well, make sure to use bushes and fallen trees to increase your camo rating as the Leo 1 is a big medium compared to the Russian meds. Remember to roll up to the bush, but don’t put the front of your tank through the bush as you’ll get spotted straight away, if you’re getting spotted assist without shooting then don’t shoot, just rack up them assisted points, because if you shot you’ll get spotted, then it’s game over for you as you’ll no longer be spotting as you’ll be cannon fodder while you try to run away in your oversized medium.

Consumable wise I suggest you use large repair kit, large first aid kit and premium food. Large repair kit in case a 183 or 4005 doesn’t kill you, but instead tracks you, hits your ammo rack, damages your weapon etc etc, large first aid kit for the same reason as you have no armour on your tank to protect your crew, and premium food to boost your tank mobility and crew skills.

I think I’ve covered what I can, but if anyone wants to add something then feel free. My sentence structure and grammar may not be the best, but I do try,

LeopardFaIcon.

LeopardFaIcon #2 Posted 05 August 2019 - 09:09 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 17750 battles
  • [-CHF-]
Any other suggestions and tips are much appreciated, I will also accept links.

Also tagged with Leopard, German, Leopard1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users