Jump to content


How's the (lack of) RNG treating you?

rng

  • Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

z0mBieBra1Ns #161 Posted 09 August 2019 - 07:45 AM

    Corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 21684 battles
  • 28
  • Member since:
    08-08-2013
I haven't noticed a difference.  Like some of the earlier posts, im still experiencing the fully aimed in bounces off the rear and sides of tanks that should pen. Frustrating and those games usually end in a loss.  Theres definitely more types of rng going on here then accuracy and penning. 

pilotguy79 #162 Posted 09 August 2019 - 08:33 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 17696 battles
  • 1,720
  • [LIP]
  • Member since:
    06-01-2016

I commented early and I have to slightly change my opinion, it’s ok. The red circle means you can pen yellow means nope. I’ve been fully zoomed in and the circle has been red and bounce. I thought that the loaded dice event meant that the pen was a constant number with no 25+/- rng. Yet shot after shot with red aim circle resulting in bounces.

 

the most extreme crazy sh1t I saw today was some Latin guy in his jagaroo bounce a shot off the tier 9 French arty. The mic and in game chat blew up with “wthwas that!” Or “how the fu#k did that bounce”. I was watching him after I died and I couldn’t believe it. I didn’t think the arty upper structure had that kind or armour. Maybe that was so many play it? He hit the upper part at a 40-50 def impact. So with no rng in play. The jagaroo should have easily penned the arty.



Shockwave IIC #163 Posted 09 August 2019 - 08:38 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 17976 battles
  • 2,896
  • [-PA-]
  • Member since:
    11-09-2013

View Postpilotguy79, on 09 August 2019 - 08:33 AM, said:

I commented early and I have to slightly change my opinion, it’s ok. The red circle means you can pen yellow means nope. I’ve been fully zoomed in and the circle has been red and bounce. I thought that the loaded dice event meant that the pen was a constant number with no 25+/- rng. Yet shot after shot with red aim circle resulting in bounces.

 

the most extreme crazy sh1t I saw today was some Latin guy in his jagaroo bounce a shot off the tier 9 French arty. The mic and in game chat blew up with “wthwas that!” Or “how the fu#k did that bounce”. I was watching him after I died and I couldn’t believe it. I didn’t think the arty upper structure had that kind or armour. Maybe that was so many play it? He hit the upper part at a 40-50 def impact. So with no rng in play. The jagaroo should have easily penned the arty.

 

Not sure if these are the causes of those issues but

1, Spaced armour will still give a False Red, always has

2, 70 degree auto bounce if not x3 over matching is still in play


Chaffee ***, M10 Wolverine ***, Hellcat **, Fury **, Easy 8 ***, M6 ***, T29 ***, T71 **, T69 **, Comet I IT34 **, T34 85 ** T150 ***, KV4 **, VK30.01D III III III, VK30.01M III III, VK30.02D III III, Tiger P III III,

http://forum-console...our-average-joe

 


Koncorde #164 Posted 09 August 2019 - 01:49 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 24999 battles
  • 1,752
  • Member since:
    06-08-2014
I bounced a VK100 in my British tier 8 arty last night. All skill I am sure. The fact is, when he fired I am sure the reticule was red but I was moving and rolling backwards down a hill as it travelled. 400hp saved!

Koval03 #165 Posted 09 August 2019 - 03:07 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 20168 battles
  • 240
  • Member since:
    01-28-2016

View PostTocFanKe4, on 08 August 2019 - 04:31 AM, said:

It's made the game super easy for premium spammers. Armor means more unless someone hits A. It probably nerfed bad players that don't hit A.

 

Im a premium spammer and I was rarely using it during this event because regular shells are a lot more consisten and dont have a potential of poverty rolls that bounce off flat surfaces, so your argument is invalid. 

Rubbelito #166 Posted 09 August 2019 - 03:31 PM

    Major

  • WoTC Online Contributor
  • 24881 battles
  • 8,532
  • [IMTLZ]
  • Member since:
    02-04-2016

View PostKoval03, on 09 August 2019 - 05:07 PM, said:

 

 regular shells are a lot more consisten and dont have a potential of poverty rolls that bounce off flat surfaces

 

There's no difference between them outside the different ammo types available.

TocFanKe4 #167 Posted 09 August 2019 - 05:10 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21093 battles
  • 24,511
  • [GIRLS]
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014

View PostKoval03, on 09 August 2019 - 10:07 AM, said:

 

Im a premium spammer and I was rarely using it during this event because regular shells are a lot more consisten and dont have a potential of poverty rolls that bounce off flat surfaces, so your argument is invalid. 

 

It's not invalid.  You just don't agree.  There's a difference. 

 

I was bouncing things with my IS-2 that wouldn't have bounced before.


 

My dislike of +/- 1 pales in comparison to my hatred of Loaded Dice.


natedaishmaster #168 Posted 09 August 2019 - 05:39 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 26937 battles
  • 335
  • [-AXS-]
  • Member since:
    07-29-2014

View PostTocFanKe4, on 09 August 2019 - 09:10 AM, said:

 

It's not invalid.  You just don't agree.  There's a difference. 

 

I was bouncing things with my IS-2 that wouldn't have bounced before.

 

That's not how this event works. If you're bouncing now, there is a >50% chance that you were bouncing before. Armor and pen didn't change. You just can't get (un)lucky with low/high pen rolls. I use more standard rounds as well. I usually use prem because I don't like my 260 pen bouncing because it low rolled 200 pen. Now, without that chance, it encourages more standard rounds


3 MOE: Hellcat, Lycan, Sp1C, T20, M41 Bulldog, Motherland, STA 1, T95E2, Pershing, AMX 50 100, AMX 13 90, T54ltwt, T49, RU251, M46 Patton, Type 61, Leopard PTA, T54, E50, Batchat AP, Skoda T50, Centurion 7/1, Sharpshooter, T10, Conquerer, AMX 13 105, Sheridan, T-100LT, RHM PZW, Chisel, M48 Patton, Leopard 1, E50M, Obj 140, Batchat 25t, TVP 50/51, IS7, AMX 50B, Super Conqueror, The Machine, Chieftain, T110E4


SaltyMcD #169 Posted 09 August 2019 - 06:09 PM

    Major

  • WoTC Ambassador
  • 21743 battles
  • 2,815
  • Member since:
    12-21-2016
I haven’t noticed any difference. 

“ Never trust a forum member that uses an Anime profile pic .”      - SaltyMcD 


TocFanKe4 #170 Posted 09 August 2019 - 07:32 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21093 battles
  • 24,511
  • [GIRLS]
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014

View Postnatedaishmaster, on 09 August 2019 - 12:39 PM, said:

 

That's not how this event works. If you're bouncing now, there is a >50% chance that you were bouncing before. Armor and pen didn't change. You just can't get (un)lucky with low/high pen rolls. I use more standard rounds as well. I usually use prem because I don't like my 260 pen bouncing because it low rolled 200 pen. Now, without that chance, it encourages more standard rounds

 

If my tank has 100 mm of armor, and the gun shooting me has 99 pen, before they had a 50/50 shot of penning me.  Now they have zero.  My IS-2 was bouncing shots off it's armor that would have penned before.  The difference between 0% and 50% is enormous.  You take 4 shots with 50% chance of penning, you're getting hit twice.  You're getting hit zero now.  That's what I mean, statistically I should have been penned more. 

 

It encorages the use of premium rounds because before if you took 4 shots at that 100 mm armor, you would have probably got 2 pens.  But now you must use premium rounds to have any chance to pen.  This change was basically a 25% boost to armor thickness if you're fighting anything with lower pen guns.  It's basically relative. 

 

If your armor is higher than the pen of guns in the fight, it's a buff.  If your armor is lower, it's a nerf.  So high tier tanks in a game and things with more armor got a buff with this change.  Low tier tanks and things with poor pen got a nerf witht his change.  Also people who are bad at aiming got a nerf with this change, while people good at aiming got a buff.  It's really going to increase the distance between the haves and have nots in a match.  4 scrubs blasting away at a strong piece of armor aren't going to get high roll pens.  Premium spammers are getting a buff with this change because their pen relative to the armor they're facing will be higher. 


Edited by TocFanKe4, 09 August 2019 - 07:34 PM.

 

My dislike of +/- 1 pales in comparison to my hatred of Loaded Dice.


natedaishmaster #171 Posted 09 August 2019 - 08:07 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 26937 battles
  • 335
  • [-AXS-]
  • Member since:
    07-29-2014

View PostTocFanKe4, on 09 August 2019 - 11:32 AM, said:

 

If my tank has 100 mm of armor, and the gun shooting me has 99 pen, before they had a 50/50 shot of penning me.  Now they have zero.  My IS-2 was bouncing shots off it's armor that would have penned before.  The difference between 0% and 50% is enormous.  You take 4 shots with 50% chance of penning, you're getting hit twice.  You're getting hit zero now.  That's what I mean, statistically I should have been penned more. 

 

It encorages the use of premium rounds because before if you took 4 shots at that 100 mm armor, you would have probably got 2 pens.  But now you must use premium rounds to have any chance to pen.  This change was basically a 25% boost to armor thickness if you're fighting anything with lower pen guns.  It's basically relative. 

 

If your armor is higher than the pen of guns in the fight, it's a buff.  If your armor is lower, it's a nerf.  So high tier tanks in a game and things with more armor got a buff with this change.  Low tier tanks and things with poor pen got a nerf witht his change.  Also people who are bad at aiming got a nerf with this change, while people good at aiming got a buff.  It's really going to increase the distance between the haves and have nots in a match.  4 scrubs blasting away at a strong piece of armor aren't going to get high roll pens.  Premium spammers are getting a buff with this change because their pen relative to the armor they're facing will be higher. 

 

It is relative. Tier X and IX got "better" because they can't be bottom tier. But that was always an advantage. Armor didn't get a buff or nerf. Being top tier did. I play tier IX and X almost exclusively so I personally haven't noticed any difference.

In your example, sure 99 pen vs 100 armor goes from 49% to 0% but 101 pen goes from 51% to 100%. And this doesn't take into account that people are always moving their tank and changing armor angles, which changes the math significantly. It balances itself out in the end and doesn't actually change anything that much


3 MOE: Hellcat, Lycan, Sp1C, T20, M41 Bulldog, Motherland, STA 1, T95E2, Pershing, AMX 50 100, AMX 13 90, T54ltwt, T49, RU251, M46 Patton, Type 61, Leopard PTA, T54, E50, Batchat AP, Skoda T50, Centurion 7/1, Sharpshooter, T10, Conquerer, AMX 13 105, Sheridan, T-100LT, RHM PZW, Chisel, M48 Patton, Leopard 1, E50M, Obj 140, Batchat 25t, TVP 50/51, IS7, AMX 50B, Super Conqueror, The Machine, Chieftain, T110E4


SaltyMcD #172 Posted 09 August 2019 - 09:28 PM

    Major

  • WoTC Ambassador
  • 21743 battles
  • 2,815
  • Member since:
    12-21-2016
Let me just profess my faith in RNGesus :great:  I look forward to your return :honoring:

“ Never trust a forum member that uses an Anime profile pic .”      - SaltyMcD 


TocFanKe4 #173 Posted 09 August 2019 - 11:25 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21093 battles
  • 24,511
  • [GIRLS]
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014

View Postnatedaishmaster, on 09 August 2019 - 03:07 PM, said:

 

It is relative. Tier X and IX got "better" because they can't be bottom tier. But that was always an advantage. Armor didn't get a buff or nerf. Being top tier did. I play tier IX and X almost exclusively so I personally haven't noticed any difference.

In your example, sure 99 pen vs 100 armor goes from 49% to 0% but 101 pen goes from 51% to 100%. And this doesn't take into account that people are always moving their tank and changing armor angles, which changes the math significantly. It balances itself out in the end and doesn't actually change anything that much

 

I think it removed a lot of the in-between.  It's a yes or no question now.  And it might be a nerf to DPM tanks.  If you get a lot of shots on target, a 50% chance to pen is enough to do significant amount of damage.  You just need to put a lot of shots on the target.  Now none of those shots will pen.  Spray and pray tactics are less effective now. 

 

My dislike of +/- 1 pales in comparison to my hatred of Loaded Dice.


LazyCat1969 #174 Posted 09 August 2019 - 11:30 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 101 battles
  • 17
  • Member since:
    08-06-2019

View PostSalty_Tanker, on 09 August 2019 - 09:28 PM, said:

Let me just profess my faith in RNGesus :great:  I look forward to your return :honoring:

 

I agree. My luck lately has not been good.:hiding:


 


RxLaw #175 Posted 10 August 2019 - 01:58 AM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 74438 battles
  • 32
  • [DOA]
  • Member since:
    02-15-2014
I have not seen anyone mention that just because you 'aim in' and 'the target is red,' you still have the reticle to account for.  Your chot can go anywhere in the circle and thereby hit a different spot on the tank that whould have shown yellow, or go straight to heaven as with my 60TP gunner.  (I would like to have him replaced WG... I like the rest of the crew, just not the gunner....)

Derekthetree #176 Posted 10 August 2019 - 02:20 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 16273 battles
  • 559
  • [BEARD]
  • Member since:
    02-16-2014

View PostTocFanKe4, on 09 August 2019 - 07:32 PM, said:

 

If my tank has 100 mm of armor, and the gun shooting me has 99 pen, before they had a 50/50 shot of penning me.  Now they have zero.  My IS-2 was bouncing shots off it's armor that would have penned before.  The difference between 0% and 50% is enormous.  You take 4 shots with 50% chance of penning, you're getting hit twice.  You're getting hit zero now.  That's what I mean, statistically I should have been penned more. 

 

It encorages the use of premium rounds because before if you took 4 shots at that 100 mm armor, you would have probably got 2 pens.  But now you must use premium rounds to have any chance to pen.  This change was basically a 25% boost to armor thickness if you're fighting anything with lower pen guns.  It's basically relative. 

 

If your armor is higher than the pen of guns in the fight, it's a buff.  If your armor is lower, it's a nerf.  So high tier tanks in a game and things with more armor got a buff with this change.  Low tier tanks and things with poor pen got a nerf witht his change.  Also people who are bad at aiming got a nerf with this change, while people good at aiming got a buff.  It's really going to increase the distance between the haves and have nots in a match.  4 scrubs blasting away at a strong piece of armor aren't going to get high roll pens.  Premium spammers are getting a buff with this change because their pen relative to the armor they're facing will be higher. 

 

+1 to this. It feels like this change really screws you over when bottom tier. I'd prefer they keep some level of pen rng, and reduce the aiming rng

Nocski #177 Posted 10 August 2019 - 09:53 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 20592 battles
  • 758
  • Member since:
    12-29-2014

View PostTocFanKe4, on 10 August 2019 - 12:25 AM, said:

 

I think it removed a lot of the in-between.  It's a yes or no question now.  And it might be a nerf to DPM tanks.  If you get a lot of shots on target, a 50% chance to pen is enough to do significant amount of damage.  You just need to put a lot of shots on the target.  Now none of those shots will pen.  Spray and pray tactics are less effective now. 

 

After playing some more games within the test period I tend to agree. I still think +/-25 RNG on penetration is too much, but give it +/-10% so the yes/no line is blurred just enough to get some lucky shots now and then. 



Shockwave IIC #178 Posted 10 August 2019 - 02:07 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 17976 battles
  • 2,896
  • [-PA-]
  • Member since:
    11-09-2013
One thing that it nice, is that I can put 2-3 shots in to a lower plate and not have to wonder if I'm doing something wrong, or just got RNG'd.

Chaffee ***, M10 Wolverine ***, Hellcat **, Fury **, Easy 8 ***, M6 ***, T29 ***, T71 **, T69 **, Comet I IT34 **, T34 85 ** T150 ***, KV4 **, VK30.01D III III III, VK30.01M III III, VK30.02D III III, Tiger P III III,

http://forum-console...our-average-joe

 


miju irl #179 Posted 10 August 2019 - 08:21 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 17198 battles
  • 596
  • [IRL]
  • Member since:
    07-18-2015
For me red circle means bouncing not penning. If anything it feels like RNG to not pen has increased. 

Weak spots bouncing non stop and I have had some stupid bounces in my t110e4 that should not have bounced

OulSider #180 Posted 10 August 2019 - 08:25 PM

    Corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 15480 battles
  • 12
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013

I don't mind the exact pen values but the "Burn damage values" is garbage. I believe this value is the chance to be set on fire and not how long you burn, though that could be wrong. I have been set on fire more in the past few days since this event started. And it's becoming more irritating than the rigged MM. I normally run Small repair/Large first aid/Large repair for consumables and this event has got me changing that to run with and automatic fire extinguisher. 

Is anyone else having problems with engine fires?







Also tagged with rng

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users