How's the (lack of) RNG treating you?

rng

• Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

JatemKaa #181 Posted 10 August 2019 - 08:39 PM

Major

• Players
  • 62379 battles
I have noticed a difference - a good one for a change. However I must point out here I just got back from a 2 month+ break from playing and that might be why I see it so much.

Soviet Ponys #182 Posted 10 August 2019 - 09:05 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 10649 battles
  • [DRGON]

Personally I haven’t seen a single difference with or without it, mostly because I’ve gotten used to not caring about that. What I have noticed is in the past week my hit rate has dramatically dropped, my dispersion of rounds has majority increased, and I seem to bounce more than ever, along with missing tanks 20 meters from me. I’ve also noticed my winrate majority decreasing and more often then not, I get put on green team where steamrolls happen 9/10 battles. Guess I’m in the wrong patch and need a break.

Personally pen and damage RNG has never been an issue, but dispersion is where 90% of my shells seem to fly off to the next map, yet I see yoloing light tanks hitting every shot 300 meters while going 60kph. 

cosmicray1 #183 Posted 11 August 2019 - 03:43 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12250 battles

So far maybe a bit better with consistent damage

There's still plenty of other randomness in the game, such as aiming. could see a problem if you took out all the randomness

Definitely not worse

SPUK4U #184 Posted 11 August 2019 - 07:09 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 11268 battles

This event changed my ammo load, now I have more premium ammo and I use it shamelessly even if I don't need.   I think, zero pen RNG has changed power balance in favor for top tier tanks as now mid tier does now have a less change to pen without premium ammo, the bottom tier really pays the price as now they truly are in mercy of heavy armored top tier tanks.  This is clear in tier V when I drive around my tier V heavy tanks, tier III and IV are now just cannon fodder and that's not good for the game in long run.  This zero pen RNG is favoring those who can effort to run tanks with premium ammo. For me it's not a problem to spam premium ammo, I have pile of silver, but for new player this is going to be an issue as they would run out of silver with negative silver battles.   

- Ask, Observe, Learn and Improve -

HollowPoint_808 #185 Posted 11 August 2019 - 09:23 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 20135 battles
  • [PATS]
Played a couple yesterday, so far have not noticed change. 
                                                                                        PS4 

SandM9 #186 Posted 11 August 2019 - 10:38 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 33182 battles
I have my doubts as to whether it's actually working. Seeing all the same lame bounces and tracks eating shots. 

Welcome to the forums. Where you can call people stupid, just don't call them passive-aggressive.

DemiGodesss #187 Posted 12 August 2019 - 06:03 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12368 battles

I liked this event.

Played the 46 Patton almost exclusively. 

I found the penetration to be more consistent with both standard and premium ammo. As a consequence I used less premium than I used to.

If this no RNG or whatever it's called could become permanent I would be a happier tanker. 

I think it's even better then +1/-1 MM.

DemiGodesss #188 Posted 12 August 2019 - 06:06 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12368 battles

View PostOulSider, on 10 August 2019 - 08:25 PM, said:

I don't mind the exact pen values but the "Burn damage values" is garbage. I believe this value is the chance to be set on fire and not how long you burn, though that could be wrong. I have been set on fire more in the past few days since this event started. And it's becoming more irritating than the rigged MM. I normally run Small repair/Large first aid/Large repair for consumables and this event has got me changing that to run with and automatic fire extinguisher. 

Is anyone else having problems with engine fires?

I found for me they definitely increased  in number and intensity. I considered changing from manual to automatic fire extinguisher.

RangerCharlie75 #189 Posted 12 August 2019 - 11:40 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17931 battles
  • [USAV]

Dispersion for me was the most noticeable, long range shots were much harder as was snap shots.

Fire chance increased for me and my targets. Hit a full health Machine for 700 dmg and he caught fire and burned for a total of 1610 damage. That was crazy. 

kromhout55 #190 Posted 12 August 2019 - 01:15 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 34933 battles

Not really noticed a big difference unlike the +1/-1MM test which was quite enjoyable.

Still seeing the same kack MM.

How Consol can even say that ten Tier IXs heavy tanks on the Opposition team is "balanced" by only six Tier VIII heavies on the Friendly side escapes me! Just couldn't see anything on our line up that made up for that one. It's not as if that is an isolated example of the "hand it on a plate to the other side" MM I keep seeing.

Also the blow outs are still there.

But I suppose that's nothing to do with Consol? :sceptic:

Koval03 #191 Posted 12 August 2019 - 03:12 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20102 battles

View PostTocFanKe4, on 09 August 2019 - 02:32 PM, said:

If my tank has 100 mm of armor, and the gun shooting me has 99 pen, before they had a 50/50 shot of penning me.  Now they have zero.  My IS-2 was bouncing shots off it's armor that would have penned before.  The difference between 0% and 50% is enormous.  You take 4 shots with 50% chance of penning, you're getting hit twice.  You're getting hit zero now.  That's what I mean, statistically I should have been penned more. 

It encorages the use of premium rounds because before if you took 4 shots at that 100 mm armor, you would have probably got 2 pens.  But now you must use premium rounds to have any chance to pen.  This change was basically a 25% boost to armor thickness if you're fighting anything with lower pen guns.  It's basically relative. 

If your armor is higher than the pen of guns in the fight, it's a buff.  If your armor is lower, it's a nerf.  So high tier tanks in a game and things with more armor got a buff with this change.  Low tier tanks and things with poor pen got a nerf witht his change.  Also people who are bad at aiming got a nerf with this change, while people good at aiming got a buff.  It's really going to increase the distance between the haves and have nots in a match.  4 scrubs blasting away at a strong piece of armor aren't going to get high roll pens.  Premium spammers are getting a buff with this change because their pen relative to the armor they're facing will be higher. 

that is why you load prem in those few situations. I dont like getting penned by a random shot from across the map by a tank two tiers lower than me because he got "lucky" with a roll. I also dont like getting unlucky because the game decided to roll a 202 out of my e50m and making me bounce a kill shot on a win or lose situation.

As I have stated before, I know at least two people( both of us dark purple prem spammers as you like to call us), including myself who have been using 90% regular shells during this event because the pen is more consistent and encourages people to learn tank armor and weak spots instead of shooting at the silhouette and letting the game decide wether it will pen or not. 

Now if only we could have perm +1 -1, this game would be so much better.

TocFanKe4 #192 Posted 12 August 2019 - 04:31 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21071 battles
  • [GIRLS]

View PostKoval03, on 12 August 2019 - 10:12 AM, said:

Oh good god no.  +/- 25% and +/-2 for me.  Games much more fun that way. 

My dislike of +/- 1 pales in comparison to my hatred of Loaded Dice.

UngainlyTitan1 #193 Posted 12 August 2019 - 11:56 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 33466 battles
 The problem is the combination of poor pen guns (where even with premium a pen is not certain) and corridor and urban maps. So now if you are bottom tier and run in to top tier tanks with good armour you are completely screwed. The issue is not just premium tanks with poor penetration guns. I am thinking of the Excelsior or the IS6 but also many of the stock and part way packages on the tech tree tanks when you are grinding up to the top package gun, are a bit of a nightmare now.

DemiGodesss #194 Posted 13 August 2019 - 02:04 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12368 battles

View PostKoval03, on 12 August 2019 - 03:12 PM, said:

that is why you load prem in those few situations. I dont like getting penned by a random shot from across the map by a tank two tiers lower than me because he got "lucky" with a roll. I also dont like getting unlucky because the game decided to roll a 202 out of my e50m and making me bounce a kill shot on a win or lose situation.

As I have stated before, I know at least two people( both of us dark purple prem spammers as you like to call us), including myself who have been using 90% regular shells during this event because the pen is more consistent and encourages people to learn tank armor and weak spots instead of shooting at the silhouette and letting the game decide wether it will pen or not. 

+1

Couldn't agree more.

Also tagged with rng

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users