Max

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

Chr15py #1 Posted 06 August 2019 - 02:12 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 15172 battles

Hey Max. 

Any chance you could just recap how the penetration will work with spaced armour?

Currently how I understand it, if you have 100 pen and you hit a tank with spaced armour, it rolls to get through the spaced armour and then the remaining pen is rolled again to see if it goes through the armour under it.

Assuming its the same but the armour combining - i.e. if a tank has 120mm of pen and it hits a tank with 10mm spaced and 100mm of normal armour, it will definitely go thought if un-angled? However, if it has 21mm of spaced and 100mm of normal, it wont pen fully? 

Dare I say it....I am actually looking forward to this test but have to wait until:

a) work finishes

b) I put my boys to bed and finally

c) after I’ve kicked a ball around a pitch for 90 odd minutes

before I can play. Would be nice to know though in advance. 

Cheers

chris

Chris

"Per Ardua ad Astra - Through adversity to the stars"

MaxChaos24 #2 Posted 06 August 2019 - 02:39 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 12951 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostChr15py, on 06 August 2019 - 10:12 AM, said:

Hey Max. 

Any chance you could just recap how the penetration will work with spaced armour?

Currently how I understand it, if you have 100 pen and you hit a tank with spaced armour, it rolls to get through the spaced armour and then the remaining pen is rolled again to see if it goes through the armour under it.

Assuming its the same but the armour combining - i.e. if a tank has 120mm of pen and it hits a tank with 10mm spaced and 100mm of normal armour, it will definitely go thought if un-angled? However, if it has 21mm of spaced and 100mm of normal, it wont pen fully? 

Dare I say it....I am actually looking forward to this test but have to wait until:

a) work finishes

b) I put my boys to bed and finally

c) after I’ve kicked a ball around a pitch for 90 odd minutes

before I can play. Would be nice to know though in advance. 

Cheers

chris

Chris

When your round penetrates spaced armor, the effective armor thickness of the space armor penetrated is removed from the shells penetration capability for when it hits the next armor. This is for talking about AP / APCR.

So "Assuming its the same but the armour combining - i.e. if a tank has 120mm of pen and it hits a tank with 10mm spaced and 100mm of normal armour, it will definitely go thought if un-angled? However, if it has 21mm of spaced and 100mm of normal, it wont pen fully? ", is correct. And just noting this example is for un-angled armor with the round entering perfectly perpendicularly. Generally speaking it won't be that nice and everything will be angled causing the effective armor thickness to be greater.

Chr15py #3 Posted 06 August 2019 - 02:42 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 15172 battles

View PostMaxChaos24, on 06 August 2019 - 02:39 PM, said:

When your round penetrates spaced armor, the effective armor thickness of the space armor penetrated is removed from the shells penetration capability for when it hits the next armor. This is for talking about AP / APCR.

So "Assuming its the same but the armour combining - i.e. if a tank has 120mm of pen and it hits a tank with 10mm spaced and 100mm of normal armour, it will definitely go thought if un-angled? However, if it has 21mm of spaced and 100mm of normal, it wont pen fully? ", is correct. And just noting this example is for un-angled armor with the round entering perfectly perpendicularly. Generally speaking it won't be that nice and everything will be angled causing the effective armor thickness to be greater.

That's exactly what I thought. Much appreciate the reply Max :)

Could you close this topic as question is answered? :D
Chris

Edited by Chr15py, 06 August 2019 - 02:43 PM.

"Per Ardua ad Astra - Through adversity to the stars"

Also tagged with Max

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users