Is the defiance worth it

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

RAGE607 #1 Posted 06 August 2019 - 07:39 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 5097 battles
Hi,

I just got one of those random offers. This time with the Defiance Matilda for 1325 gold.
I never use these offers, because they are either bad or I don't have the money.

I really love the TT matilda but don't know how the defiance compares.
I don't want to spend money just to be disappointed.
The only good thing about it being tier V seems to be the ability to get a moe.

MASHMAN 90 #2 Posted 06 August 2019 - 07:44 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 37295 battles
I think it's a Matilda but one tier higher and i'm not sure but may get PMM too. If it wasn't for Trade In, i may have thought about it as i have around 1300 Free Gold, but as Trade In is later this month, i'm going to save, just in case i see some bargains there.

Sammael85 #3 Posted 06 August 2019 - 08:22 PM

Major

• Players
  • 25535 battles
  • [FAC]
It has PMM, otherwise it would be completely useless with an -/+50 damage alpha.

Still, the Captured KV-1 has no PMM and it gets thrashed even Top Tier because Stronk Tenk -> Load Premmo against it.

MaverickAbe #4 Posted 06 August 2019 - 09:30 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 10675 battles
  • [PEPER]
I absolutely love mine. Rate of fire is unbelievable with the right perks and equipment

Albapfalzd3 #5 Posted 07 August 2019 - 01:38 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22929 battles

The Defiance is a pretty decent tank. It has some very nice Positives but also some Negatives when compared to the TT Matilda.

Positives:

1. Bigger and better Engine. So it is much quicker and has a very slightly better top speed.

2. 220 more hit points. 

Negatives: 

1. Tier V but with PMM. So it will only see as high as Tier VI (same as Matilda but will not be Top Tier at IV).

2. Big Tumor on top of the turret. There is a Cupola on top of the turret that is a weak spot that is not on the Top Package TT Matilda. This can make it difficult when fighting ridges as it sticks up pretty high and is an easy target that they can hit without you being able to return fire. 

3. Still slow even with the bigger engine but not as noticeable as on the TT Matilda due to it's much better acceleration. 

Other than that it is the same as the Top Package TT Matilda.  It has a machine gun of a cannon that punches holes pretty easily into just about anything it meets with just standard ammo. It's alpha is very low but it makes up for it in DPM. It's armor isn't too bad but it has been power crept over the years so it isn't as great as it once was but can still be pretty bouncy. It is still one of my most played tanks even though I don't play it much currently. Still not a bad go to trainer when you are building up a crew and making the Daily x2 rounds. 

Roy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users