• This topic is locked This topic is locked
76 replies to this topic

IBROX 04 #41 Posted 08 August 2019 - 09:08 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19977 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostTemplarKnight75, on 08 August 2019 - 10:00 PM, said:

saw a video about different server connection types and it helped me figure out which games had [edited]set ups and which were lagging on my end and the best ways to handle that. People here really should take the to learn more about the games we play and how they work In general it would curb many complaints 

Basically did the same when my connection was pissh (still is actually). Even if you flooded your connection on WoT the game would probably kick you. This games got a better connection than most online games. One of the reasons i stopped playing PvP the cheating was unreal. Dunno how it is now though as I've been happy playing tanks for the last few years. 

WEREW0LF 8541 #42 Posted 08 August 2019 - 10:03 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 46805 battles
I'm asking an honest question with no sarcasm in tow nor am I claimig to be a know it all gamer. But what makes you so sure it can't or hasn't been done even the Pentagon and Banking industry have been hacked and this is only a game!

allhavoc #43 Posted 08 August 2019 - 10:15 PM

Major

• Players
  • 49203 battles
  • [10SR]

View PostWEREW0LF 8541, on 08 August 2019 - 10:03 PM, said:

I'm asking an honest question with no sarcasm in tow nor am I claimig to be a know it all gamer. But what makes you so sure it can't or hasn't been done even the Pentagon and Banking industry have been hacked and this is only a game!

I’m probably not the expert you want to hear from, but as a basic explanation think of it this way... the ‘game’ is actually happening on the server.  Your console is just rendering a visual and sending your control inputs to the server.  If somebody wanted to hack the game to be able to shoot thru the ground, they would have to modify the server.  That is not possible, or if it was it would be quickly detected and corrected.

[10SR]  

JelliedPenny08 #44 Posted 08 August 2019 - 10:56 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15238 battles

View Postallhavoc, on 08 August 2019 - 10:15 PM, said:

I’m probably not the expert you want to hear from, but as a basic explanation think of it this way... the ‘game’ is actually happening on the server.  Your console is just rendering a visual and sending your control inputs to the server.  If somebody wanted to hack the game to be able to shoot thru the ground, they would have to modify the server.  That is not possible, or if it was it would be quickly detected and corrected.

Also banking and security services are very different things on the server. To make it different on the server, and keep making it different while you play and also mask the difference. That's quite a difference. 

Banking and secrets tend to have something worth the expenditure of resources on the other side. I don't want to sell short the value of anyone's wn8, but well...  those dodgy boosting sites would probably be so comparatively cheap...  :D

X1thebeast29X #45 Posted 08 August 2019 - 10:59 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15717 battles
  • [AVRG]

View PostWEREW0LF 8541, on 08 August 2019 - 05:03 PM, said:

:facepalm::facepalm: The point is not that the game is unhackable, the point is that no changes can be made and the game will not be impacted due to the nature of how the server is set up. 

Also you've just been repeating the same thing over and over again. You are attempting to compare apples to oranges. Please do some research on the concept before you just spout well x happened so y must be possible too 

WN8~2650            There seems to be no signs of intelligent life sir!

Block Quote

"Less experienced and new players are ment for lower tier tanks? You sound like an elitist [edited]"

"I will defend the opportunity for average and poor and new players to punk the elitist purples who think things like "maybe they're purple because they have a better understanding of the game"

Pit Friend #46 Posted 08 August 2019 - 11:26 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32677 battles
  • [PTATO]

View PostWEREW0LF 8541, on 08 August 2019 - 05:03 PM, said:

The game is in fact hackable, no one has every said otherwise. The reason people say you can’t cheat is that all the game calculations are done on the game server, so any changes to chance to hit or such would change it for everyone and not just for the hacker. This is different from a client side game where the game is hosted on one of the player’s consoles/PCs. Those can be screwed with by unscrupulous players as they’re the ones in control of the machine running the game program. 

There may be super skillful hackers that are capable of flawlessly messing with a server side game to give themselves an advantage. But any hackers that skilled and unscrupulous are more likely robbing banks and such. 

I asked an EOD man how he dealt with the stress of his job. 

He said he didn’t have any stress. Either he was right or else it became someone else’s problem. 

RedFire7722 #47 Posted 09 August 2019 - 01:34 AM

Major

• Players
  • 8947 battles

View PostV4nquished79, on 08 August 2019 - 01:39 AM, said:

No cheating is possible on console...

Cheating is possible...  Stream sniping would be one.  Having someone message the reds your location would be another.  

Hacking...   Many others here have explained why it really won't work.

But I will agree, some really weird [edited]sometimes happens at times. 

- pardon my silliness with the cheating comment. just having some fun and lack of sleep is my excuse.  

R35T NO MORE #48 Posted 09 August 2019 - 10:53 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 15658 battles
  • [BNKR-]

View PostWEREW0LF 8541, on 08 August 2019 - 10:03 PM, said:

The game is server based so if someone did risk a perma ban to hack it (WG would detect it pretty damn fast and take the game offline to patch), the hack would apply for everyone. So everyone would be able to shoot through mountains etc. Not just 1 person.

If someone made it specific to 1 tank let's say they made it so an E5 was invincible, then every E5 would be invincible. 

FRlGHTKNIGHT #49 Posted 09 August 2019 - 11:02 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9222 battles
  • [ASYLM]

If you think there are hackers running aroujnd wot console, you're an idiot

M4ntiX #50 Posted 09 August 2019 - 03:27 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27032 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostV4nquished79, on 08 August 2019 - 06:40 AM, said:

And how is legitimate when shooting something you can't see and you shoot through the landscape???

Shot was legitimate, video of the shot wasn't. There is a known problem with the replay system and ADS view not being aligned correctly. That's what I meant.

Quite often the barrel isn't even aligned with the point of impact. If you were to see what the Grille player actually saw, I bet it would be a perfect, albeit a little lucky, cupola snipe.

"4 kids single father 2 boats a plane 3cars and more battles than you."

"Jesus you smegheads are whiny about your Epeens."

Fightomonkey #51 Posted 09 August 2019 - 04:36 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 39556 battles

View PostV4nquished79, on 08 August 2019 - 02:02 AM, said:

Ok, this is the commander's cupola of The Machine, and there is the commander, the highest spot on the tank, so - if I can't see him, how his gun, that is much lower than  the highest part of Gtille's 15 turret, can shoot at me? Do I need to draw or someone needs to go back to school? 

I been shotgunned by arty before at that angle. 

PrimalSeal1965 #52 Posted 09 August 2019 - 05:17 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10113 battles
  • [RETRO]
I'd guess we've all seen things we question. Recently I've seen shells pass right through targets at point blank range. Not misses either. Watched replay after replay and have yet to understand how that happens other than think it's some sort of glitch in the games mechanics. Something else, when this happens several times you can bet your team will lose. Never fails...Either and you're lucky if you actually pin anything and if you do you low roll. 

TallDesert34426 #53 Posted 10 August 2019 - 12:13 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 61659 battles
  • [-UNL-]

View PostMaxChaos24, on 08 August 2019 - 11:52 AM, said:

When using the sniper mode in replays, it's trying its best to represent where it's aiming but it will be off (usually higher or lower than where they are really aiming).

Any plans to fix this?

GrumbleJones #54 Posted 10 August 2019 - 12:42 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 17021 battles

View PostV4nquished79, on 08 August 2019 - 07:02 AM, said:

Ok, this is the commander's cupola of The Machine, and there is the commander, the highest spot on the tank, so - if I can't see him, how his gun, that is much lower than  the highest part of Gtille's 15 turret, can shoot at me? Do I need to draw or someone needs to go back to school? 

I was convinced this was all nonsense until you provided this rendering of the actual event. The facts don't lie - the Grille is clearly hacking. 

RaisingDaCeiling #55 Posted 10 August 2019 - 01:35 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3881 battles
I don't think it's a cheat but I have had similar things happen. I've always pinned it to either lag or that the games not entirely in sync for one reason or another.

V4nquished79 #56 Posted 10 August 2019 - 08:35 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 35998 battles
  • [BGTT]

Oh, btw, what is this grass that can hide whole tank?

Please stop with these "replay is buggy" [edited], I told You few times - I CAN'T SEE the top of it's turret, my commander's hatch is higher than this one of the grille15! The Grille's gun is at least 50cm lower than the top of the turret. 

View PostFightomonkey, on 09 August 2019 - 04:36 PM, said:

I been shotgunned by arty before at that angle. 

Are you kiddin'? Arillery shots with parabolic shot.

IBROX 04 #57 Posted 10 August 2019 - 08:48 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19977 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostV4nquished79, on 10 August 2019 - 09:35 PM, said:

Please stop with these "replay is buggy" [edited], I told You few times - I CAN'T SEE the top of it's turret, my commander's hatch is higher than this one of the grille15! The Grille's gun is at least 50cm lower than the top of the turret. 

This game is server side and the game doesn't use trust clients. Because its susceptibility to cheating. 

Koncorde #58 Posted 10 August 2019 - 08:55 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 24115 battles

The obvious explanation is RB. I have on occasion, particularly with ridges, been able to lock on using RB where if I switch to sniper view I actually cannot hit the tank in question.

Beast below is probably talking about the same thing. Oddly when not zoomed in you can RB to lock on, then manually aim and curve shots over hills as the game is calculating using the physics drop of rounds, whereas when you are aiming using the zoom view you have to do that yourself.

View PostX1thebeast29X, on 08 August 2019 - 08:31 PM, said:

^^ I've don't it before with low velocity high shell arc guns like the E-100 and 268. You can almost curve it over a crest. Also it's kind of like server reticle in that the server sometimes sees the actual hitbox of the terrain slightly lower than what it sends to the client, which would be why you can almost get shot through the top of a hill. The feedback loop between the server and client can never completely close.

Desantnik81 #59 Posted 12 August 2019 - 04:58 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17225 battles

View PostV4nquished79, on 10 August 2019 - 08:35 PM, said:

And maybe if you were reading replies in your own thread you would already know how it could happen with no cheating. 

DUBIOUSrepair #60 Posted 12 August 2019 - 07:09 AM

Major

• Players
  • 27558 battles
  • [LYCAN]

Ive been following this thread for some time. I'm interested in the arguements being presented.

So, in the end, am I to believe that cheating is possible? But cheating would equire great expense and effort (not worth the investment)? And even if someone were to go to the extreme in attempting to manipulate the servers, the results would not benefit an individual player, but equalize across everyone on the hacked server, thus negating the benefit of the hack in the first place?

And all this because someone got shot through grass? All this because we cannot turn off the grass? Seriously?!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users